GDA's??

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
Hello. I've been using glycolog for the past few weeks and it's causing digestive issues. I remember years ago using CLA, GLA, R – ALA, Etc. to help with glucose disposal. Unfortunately I can't remember the exact recipe or dose. I'm currently up to 370 g of carbs and these sups help me stay lean.
Would anyone know what specific ingredient in glycolog would cause loose stools and stomach upset and/or recommend other singular products (I can use in place of) so I don't pile on the body fat? Thank you in advance.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Slintensity by Evomuse
Slinmax
Predator by Chaos and Pain

Good formulas by great companies.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the help fellas. I am familiar with the product mentioned. (Had to google matador a couple days ago since it was a new one to me). Maybe I wasn't clear in my initial post. I wasn't looking for an all in one supplement but rather individual supplements I can take separately. Like GLA, ALA, CLA etc. I am a little gun shy of buying another all in one and having similar issues. This way I can add or subtract as needed.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the help fellas. I am familiar with the product mentioned. (Had to google matador a couple days ago since it was a new one to me). Maybe I wasn't clear in my initial post. I wasn't looking for an all in one supplement but rather individual supplements I can take separately. Like GLA, ALA, CLA etc. I am a little gun shy of buying another all in one and having similar issues. This way I can add or subtract as needed.
kbayne is the guy to ask on this. He is very good at knowing the bulks for making a homemade GDA

berberine (taken away from training)
300-400mg NA-R-ALA would be a good bulk prior to training

sonofzeusv2

sonofzeusv2

Awards
I saw that there was a BOGO deal on Supplement Centeal for Slinmax, I've used it in the past and had great partitioning results. Makes for great pumps and muscle fullness

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've made my own, used Slinsane, Slinmax, Recompadrol, Neovar, Need2slin, Burn24, and now using Slintensity. It's without a doubt my favorite since Recompadrol went off the market.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
kbayne is the guy to ask on this. He is very good at knowing the bulks for making a homemade GDA

berberine (taken away from training)
300-400mg NA-R-ALA would be a good bulk prior to training
Why berberine taken away from training? I'm suspecting that to be the ingredient that's causing me issues and I take it roughly 60 to 75 minutes prior to training.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
I've made my own, used Slinsane, Slinmax, Recompadrol, Neovar, Need2slin, Burn24, and now using Slintensity. It's without a doubt my favorite since Recompadrol went off the market.
Hard to go wrong with an EvoMuse product

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello. I've been using glycolog for the past few weeks and it's causing digestive issues. I remember years ago using CLA, GLA, R – ALA, Etc. to help with glucose disposal. Unfortunately I can't remember the exact recipe or dose. I'm currently up to 370 g of carbs and these sups help me stay lean.
Would anyone know what specific ingredient in glycolog would cause loose stools and stomach upset and/or recommend other singular products (I can use in place of) so I don't pile on the body fat? Thank you in advance.
The clyco isn't preventing you from putting on body fat lol. That supplement doesn't magically erase ingested calories.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cinnamon might do this or the gymnema leaf extract in my opinion.

For the other options, I would just play around with berberine, banaba leaf, fenugreek, white kidney bean extract, etc. and see how you feel.

I ended up sticking to white kidney bean and fenugreek extract, as it is cheap and does in my experience as well as the, imo, pretty expensive gda options. Throw in some agmatine as well, and you will be fine

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Why berberine taken away from training?.
activates ampK ---> will increase myostatin expression, which will ultimately decrease muscle protein synthesis.
But again... kbayne is more well educated in this department then I am

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
This is the absolute first supplement you should buy when talking "Glucose Disposal" - you can find it pretty cheap at Walmart:

A Glucose Meter and Test Strips

:D

Then try the cheap stuff doing 30/60/90/120 "Post" readings. 3g Cinnamon per ~30 C, Berberine, Banaba, Chromium, Gymnema Sylvestre, etc... Swanson has them all.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
SNS Glycophase has 3 of the above ingredients mentioned. At a good price if you search around a little. Pretty solid overall formula.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Glycophase is probably the most bang for your buck, although I really like Glycolog sorry it's not workin out for ya

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For an overall supplement SlinMax, it contains a full dose of proven ingredients, but for single ingredients, Na-R-ala, Cinnamon, APV,and Agmatine

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Since Recompadrol was discontinued, I have been primarily using Evomuse Slintensity and also SNS Glycophase. I also play with bulk GDA ingredients and sometimes make my own combo by combining the above products with additional bulk ingredients.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Slintensity by Evomuse
Slinmax
Predator by Chaos and Pain

Good formulas by great companies.
I saw that there was a BOGO deal on Supplement Centeal for Slinmax, I've used it in the past and had great partitioning results. Makes for great pumps and muscle fullness
For an overall supplement SlinMax, it contains a full dose of proven ingredients, but for single ingredients, Na-R-ala, Cinnamon, APV,and Agmatine
4th in to reccommend SlinMax

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
solos for regular use...

Na-R-Ala
Bitter Melon
Agmatine
ALCAR

if you do want an all in one, my absolute go to would be slintensity...no affiliation, just the best I have found through trial and error. all in ones treat everyone a little diff so you may have to test a few if you want to go that route.

be cautious with regular usage of gymnema and berberine though. They certainly have a role, but should for specific purposes

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
Glycophase is probably the most bang for your buck, although I really like Glycolog sorry it's not workin out for ya
It's working well. I can slam 400 g of carbohydrates and be lean and dry. Can't do that otherwise :/Unfortunately it's causing increasingly worse stomach upset.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
Thank you everyone for the replies.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another vote for SlinMax if you do decide to go for a premade GDA

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For bulks, no need to look any further than:

ALA (600-1200mg), R-ALA (300-600mg), or Na-R-ALA (300-600mg)
Agmatine (500-2000mg per day)

ALCAR goes well with ALA as well.

If you want further assistance, berberine (500-1500mg per day).

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

is there any ingredient you would avoid around a workout? Would it be overkill to stack berberine and NA-R-ALA + Agmatine for high carb meals?

sonofzeusv2

sonofzeusv2

Awards

Thanks for the breakdown, I've been curious regarding proper dosing for some time now, the only one I was nearly 100% sure of was agmatine

sonofzeusv2

sonofzeusv2

Awards
is there any ingredient you would avoid around a workout? Would it be overkill to stack berberine and NA-R-ALA + Agmatine for high carb meals?
Also very interested in the potentiality of "over-dosing/overkill," waiting in anticipation

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally, no. Both berberine and alpha lipoic acid are known to inhibit hypertorphy, but at what degree? No one can say for certain. I've seen the studies but still not enough to make me not dose either around workouts. ALA is a powerful anti oxidant while berberine is a strong AMPK activator, and for this reason, people are afraid of using the two close to a workout.

I do not believe it is overkill dosing the three prior to any carb meal. They all have their own MOA in terms of insulin sensitivity, glucose uptake, blood sugar, etc.

Thanks for the breakdown, I've been curious regarding proper dosing for some time now, the only one I was nearly 100% sure of was agmatine
Anytime. Agmatine is one of the better ones to be utilizing as well. A glucose monitor is highly recommend, not just for checking your fasted blood sugar, but also confirming if these compounds are working as well.

Also very interested in the potentiality of "over-dosing/overkill," waiting in anticipation
Again, no overkill with these three.

If one wanted to, they could hold off on berberine or dose a few times a week at most. Now if someone has a high fasted blood sugar level, then add in berberine at 500-1500mg per day.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So if you would not avoid any GDA based ingredient around a workout, what would your reccomendations be on different carb intakes and amounts for the GDA ingredients?

How much would you differ the doses for say 50, 75, or 100g of carbs in a pre-workout meal. We both know using them Post-workout when insulin sensitivity is high would not be an ideal thing to do.

Would you say.... 300-400mg NA-R-ALA, 500-1g Agmatine , 500mg Berberine would be safe and a good combo for 100g Carbs? and then maybe downgrade those for 50/75g in amount?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So if you would not avoid any GDA based ingredient around a workout, what would your reccomendations be on different carb intakes and amounts for the GDA ingredients?

How much would you differ the doses for say 50, 75, or 100g of carbs in a pre-workout meal. We both know using them Post-workout when insulin sensitivity is high would not be an ideal thing to do.

Would you say.... 300-400mg NA-R-ALA, 500-1g Agmatine , 500mg Berberine would be safe and a good combo for 100g Carbs? and then maybe downgrade those for 50/75g in amount?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
For affordability, Glycophase is very decent! Contains much of the same ingredients as all the others, but at a lower price point

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Depending on the size of the meal post-workout, I still think there is merit to adding in certain ingredients. Also, if one is taking in an intra carb shake, the post-workout sensitivity advantage is negated some what.

As for carb intake and compound doses. I tend to keep it the same beside post-workout, where my carb intake is very very high. This is where a glucose monitor comes in handy so you can test the compound doses and carb intakes. Personally I do:
ALA - 900mg (post-workout 1200mg)
Agmatine - 500mg (post-workout 750-1000mg)
ALCAR - 1 gram (morning and pre-workout)

If using Na-R-ALA, you can either dose 300mg in the morning prior to your carb meal and be good for the rest of the day, or simply dose 100-150mg prior to 2-3 carb meals.

All of this is from personal and client feedback.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally, no. Both berberine and alpha lipoic acid are known to inhibit hypertorphy, but at what degree? No one can say for certain. I've seen the studies but still not enough to make me not dose either around workouts. ALA is a powerful anti oxidant while berberine is a strong AMPK activator, and for this reason, people are afraid of using the two close to a workout.

I do not believe it is overkill dosing the three prior to any carb meal. They all have their own MOA in terms of insulin sensitivity, glucose uptake, blood

Again, no overkill with these three.

If one wanted to, they could hold off on berberine or dose a few times a week at most. Now if someone has a high fasted blood sugar level, then add in berberine at 500-1500mg per day.
Amen! Been doing this for a while. ALA around workouts is best, IMO. I also feel no need to waste money on cancer ALA isomers.

Their MOA are all different and the affects they have on hyoerteophy are bunk, imo. No studies, Timmy knowledge have been done to show any negative effect on young, healthy, weight training persons.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
The best comment I've heard about the worry of Berberine around workouts was from either Dr. Scott Stevens, or Skip Hill (I forget which show I was listening to) - They said the guys who are paying their bills with lean body mass, are taking Metformin all-the-time.... if it hurt "gains" they wouldn't be. Now, maybe the drugs negate it, but I too think it's nothing to worry about.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
The best comment I've heard about the worry of Berberine around workouts was from either Dr. Scott Stevens, or Skip Hill (I forget which show I was listening to) - They said the guys who are paying their bills with lean body mass, are taking Metformin all-the-time.... if it hurt "gains" they wouldn't be. Now, maybe the drugs negate it, but I too think it's nothing to worry about.

my question would be:

is metformin used more for its own relevance, or used more to balance out the effects of copious amounts of exogenous insulin usage? but for the conversations sake, I dont disagree with your point.

either way, i'd like to see more information coming from the lifting demographic regarding insulin sensitivity. I chalk up things like ALA under the why not category.

although youd likely get just as much benefit using a gda type ingredient a couple meals a day, to plan every meal regarding nutrient metabolism is questionably efficient in the first place. so it goes back to, even if it doesnt do anything bad, why do it peri workout, when it has little to justify doing anything extra. aside from the justification that its when people eat more, which in itself is further lacking justification in the big picture of science backed nutrient timing in lifters.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If you're using anabolics, then the equation changes. Dramatically.

Mks123

Awards
Hey fellas,
Can someone tell me what ingredient in gda's reduces that bloated stomach and let the belly feel flat ?

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Lol. I think he's calling you full of $h!t. Jk. ;)

Berberine and ala seem to help bloating from carb indulgence for me.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Amateur question incoming- I have pretty decent success with relatively low carb diets. I consume most of my carbs at night (maybe 100 grams) before bed. Would there be an ideal product for this in terms of partitioning, etc. given that I'm not pounding 400g carbs at a meal?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
As for carb intake and compound doses. I tend to keep it the same beside post-workout, where my carb intake is very very high. This is where a glucose monitor comes in handy so you can test the compound doses and carb intakes. Personally I do:
ALA - 900mg (post-workout 1200mg)
Agmatine - 500mg (post-workout 750-1000mg)
ALCAR - 1 gram (morning and pre-workout)

If using Na-R-ALA, you can either dose 300mg in the morning prior to your carb meal and be good for the rest of the day, or simply dose 100-150mg prior to 2-3 carb meals.
Here you go.

Amateur question incoming- I have pretty decent success with relatively low carb diets. I consume most of my carbs at night (maybe 100 grams) before bed. Would there be an ideal product for this in terms of partitioning, etc. given that I'm not pounding 400g carbs at a meal?

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nothing people mention are going to partition your carbs, not that 100g is an issue for your system in the slightest anyways. Generally for someone to give an accurate answer more info around current metabolic health/bf % etc would be needed...orr bob can just regurgitate the same blanket bs post like he does.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Nothing people mention are going to partition your carbs, not that 100g is an issue for your system in the slightest anyways. Generally for someone to give an accurate answer more info around current metabolic health/bf % etc would be needed...orr bob can just regurgitate the same blanket bs post like he does.
NA-R-ALA, ALA, & Agmatine would be an effective GDA for him to utilize prior to a large carb meal. Not to mention these are the most cost effective in bulk for someone looking to make their own GDA mixture

if he wanted to grab one from a company:
Chaos & Pain Predator ( My Current Favorite )
Performax Slinmax
Evomuse Slintensity
Myokem Transport
AD Matador
SNS Glycophase
Blue Star Glycodrive

would be some good options.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Predator by choas and Pain is by far the best one I ever tried. Kills the bloat and zero stomach discomfort

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey fellas,
Can someone tell me what ingredient in gda's reduces that bloated stomach and let the belly feel flat ?
Gut Health will help with the bloating.