arachidonic acid (ARA) on just arm days

lfc1

Awards
Hi,

Can we take ArA on just your arm day, if they are lagging compared to your other body parts for good results or does this have to be taken on all workout days for maximizing the 'swole' from training arms on arm day? Just a bit weary of the sides and ideally only want to take once a week, so that arm growth is only targeted by using this supp?

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi,

Can we take ArA on just your arm day, if they are lagging compared to your other body parts for good results or does this have to be taken on all workout days for maximizing the 'swole' from training arms on arm day? Just a bit weary of the sides and ideally only want to take once a week, so that arm growth is only targeted by using this supp?
I may be wrong but I think ARA has a build up effect, so you need to take it every day for the full 50 days to reap the best rewards from it.
If you're worried about the joint soreness sides from ARA then I'd reccommend MN's X-Factor Advanced. My right elbow was much happier on XFA than OG X-Factor.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I may be wrong but I think ARA has a build up effect, so you need to take it every day for the full 50 days to reap the best rewards from it.
If you're worried about the joint soreness sides from ARA then I'd reccommend MN's X-Factor Advanced. My right elbow was much happier on XFA than OG X-Factor.
I want to take 2 grams. Should I take 8 caps right now before I head to the gym. Using X-Gels.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Waste of time

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Slims hit the nail on the head - ArA builds up in your body and has a greater effect over a period of time. This would be similar to trying to use fish oil 1 day per week to help with stiff elbows, it just wouldn't have a significant enough impact.

If you want a better pump on arm day, you'd be better off using a pump product like Vasomax XT which is designed to increase blood flow, vascularity, and pumps. ArA can help with pumps, but the return is greater with an extended period of use.

If your focus is growing your arms, a better approach would be to prioritize them in your training. Add volume, increase frequency, and try new things (new angles, resistance bands, BFR, etc.). Choosing to use ArA once or twice a week would not be the smartest approach.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd always recommend running a joint supp when on an ARA product. It will cause achy joints when you get later in the bottle.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I want to take 2 grams. Should I take 8 caps right now before I head to the gym. Using X-Gels.
I don't know about X-Gels, because I haven't used it, but I used to take all 6 caps about an hour pre-workout when I ran X-Factor.

lfc1

Awards
Slims hit the nail on the head - ArA builds up in your body and has a greater effect over a period of time. This would be similar to trying to use fish oil 1 day per week to help with stiff elbows, it just wouldn't have a significant enough impact.

If you want a better pump on arm day, you'd be better off using a pump product like Vasomax XT which is designed to increase blood flow, vascularity, and pumps. ArA can help with pumps, but the return is greater with an extended period of use.

If your focus is growing your arms, a better approach would be to prioritize them in your training. Add volume, increase frequency, and try new things (new angles, resistance bands, BFR, etc.). Choosing to use ArA once or twice a week would not be the smartest approach.
Thanks. So taking 2 or 4 capsules three times a week pre-workout would be enough for the ARA to take effect over time?

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. So taking 2 or 4 capsules three times a week pre-workout would be enough for the ARA to take effect over time?
I'm doing a 25 day cycle at 2 grams per workout and 1 gram on non-workout days.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3 training days a week would be the bare minimum, and ideally i'd recommend using 1.5g if you could.

lfc1

Awards
3 training days a week would be the bare minimum, and ideally i'd recommend using 1.5g if you could.
Thanks mate. So if the cycle should last for 50 days, for optimal results should I then take it for 16 weeks (3 days a week * 16 weeks= 48 days)?

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What happens if you go more than 50 days on ARA.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BroScience is that you ?

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Yes, this will work. Try it....however, keep in mind that taking 4-6 caps 3 times a week would work better. I would take 4 caps 2 days a week and take 6-8 caps on your specialization day.