How to cycle Ashwagandha?

heyboy

Banned
Awards
how should you cycle ashwagandha? dosages etc, theres alot of different recommendations out there.. how long can u use 5grams/day?

Zman68

Zman68

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What ashwagandha product are you using? From what I have seen, cycling isn't necessarily needed but always an option if you wanted to.

heyboy

Banned
Awards
What ashwagandha product are you using? From what I have seen, cycling isn't necessarily needed but always an option if you wanted to.
olympus labs ashwagandha, i havent used it before. im gonna start using it tomorow

Zman68

Zman68

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
olympus labs ashwagandha, i havent used it before. im gonna start using it tomorow
I've used that before, good stuff man. You should enjoy using ashwagandha, I know I do lol.

heyboy

Banned
Awards
I've used that before, good stuff man. You should enjoy using ashwagandha, I know I do lol.
how long have you used it for at what dosage? and if u have ever cycled off, did you get withdrawals?

Zman68

Zman68

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how long have you used it for at what dosage? and if u have ever cycled off, did you get withdrawals?
I've been using it on and off for about 9 months or so now. I was originally using the OL for like 2 months per the 8 cap sv sz, stopped for a month or two and have been using Jarrow Formula's KSM-66 600mg a day. I think the reason the OL dose is so high has something to do with the extract, but don't quote me on that. Maybe an OL rep can chime in on that. I definitely can tell a difference between when I am using it and when I am not though, I seem to handle stress etc much better when using it which is super helpful with school. I wouldn't say I experienced any withdrawals from not using it.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
600 mg a day. I usually take 2 or 3 four week breaks throughout the year. Sometimes I go on a longer break during the summer since I teach and my only real job then is a side gig.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
600 mg a day. I usually take 2 or 3 four week breaks throughout the year. Sometimes I go on a longer break during the summer since I teach and my only real job then is a side gig.
same exact situation here.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
For some reason Ashwaghanda actually gives me low grade anxiety. Don't know why. I'm getting much better results in multiple areas (fatigue/mood/performance) with rhodiola.

compan

compan

Awards
Is Jarrow a lot of people's preferred brand as far as getting what you're paying for?

Zman68

Zman68

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is Jarrow a lot of people's preferred brand as far as getting what you're paying for?
I like it because they carry the patented form, KSM-66 and you can usually find it bogo at a really good price. From my experiences it's quality stuff.

heyboy

Banned
Awards
I've been using it on and off for about 9 months or so now. I was originally using the OL for like 2 months per the 8 cap sv sz, stopped for a month or two and have been using Jarrow Formula's KSM-66 600mg a day. I think the reason the OL dose is so high has something to do with the extract, but don't quote me on that. Maybe an OL rep can chime in on that. I definitely can tell a difference between when I am using it and when I am not though, I seem to handle stress etc much better when using it which is super helpful with school. I wouldn't say I experienced any withdrawals from not using it.
i am using OL ashwagandha, should i do 8caps for 5grams a day? or is 2caps enough?

compan

compan

Awards
I like it because they carry the patented form, KSM-66 and you can usually find it bogo at a really good price. From my experiences it's quality stuff.
I just grabbed 2 bottles of the Jarrow to try. I've been using the Health Thru Nutrition brand for it since there was a deal on amazon a little while ago. Interested to see if I notice a difference.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i am using OL ashwagandha, should i do 8caps for 5grams a day? or is 2caps enough?
Aim for 30mg/day withanolides. KSM-66 is 5%, so the 300mg x2 ends up being 30mg withanolides. You want a HPLC extract, which qualify extracts like KSM, Sensoril, etc, are. That's a good starting point IMO.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone seen a big difference going higher that 600mg?

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aim for 30mg/day withanolides. KSM-66 is 5%, so the 300mg x2 ends up being 30mg withanolides. You want a HPLC extract, which qualify extracts like KSM, Sensoril, etc, are. That's a good starting point IMO.
Exactly.
And OL ashwa was either 1,5 or 2,5%

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You could try four. Two is too low. Four caps is 2500mg standardized to 1.5% Withanolides (so 37.5mg), and should be the equivalent of 750mg KSM-66.

Exactly.
And OL ashwa was either 1,5 or 2,5%
It's 1.5%.
Assuming you take a higher dose to compensate for the lower withanolide standardization, you should have the same results. Not that there's anything wrong with KSM-66 or Sensoril...we use the former in Test1fy and K1ngs Blood and the latter in Elix1r.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Was using Jarrow (KSM-66) Ash @ 600mg per day for about a year. Haven't used another so can't compare, but I would recommend it. I don't see anything in the literature suggesting that it needs to be cycled.

heyboy

Banned
Awards
thanks guys, im gonna use 4 capsules a day

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone seen a big difference going higher that 600mg?
I've been running 500mg twice per day and haven't any noticed a difference. I just got a good price on them so I changed it up from my usual 300mg twice a day.

I

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've been running 500mg twice per day and haven't any noticed a difference. I just got a good price on them so I changed it up from my usual 300mg twice a day.

I
So no point to go over then, thanks.

enzo73

Awards
Better empty or full stomach?
It's a period I can not sleep well. Are there other natty products that can help? And what doses? Thank you

BIOdynamik

Awards
It's better to take ashwagandha with your breakfast/ dinner, depending if you take it twice a day.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Just started Jarrow's KSM-66 maybe 7 weeks ago. Great stuff.
I usually take a cap around 6am and another after lunch, about 12:30 or 1:00.
The morning dose is also with coffee and L-Theanine.

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
im with you

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What would be the reasoning for cycling it?

Honestly in all my years of taking supplements and people cycling this and that... if it's something that is beneficial to you, doesn't have diminishing returns over time and doesn't have unwanted side effects I see zero reasons to cycle it.

You'll hear people say "well I see no reason to cycle it other than you don't want to mess with homeostasis that long" - well guess what, homeostasis is great and all until you die at 80 with sarcopenia, dementia, Alzheimer's or a heart attack. We mess with homeostasis all the time.

HellAtlantic

HellAtlantic

Awards
  • Established
I thought ash was for burning calories/fat burner. Is it just for mood increasing?

heyboy

Banned
Awards
What would be the reasoning for cycling it?

Honestly in all my years of taking supplements and people cycling this and that... if it's something that is beneficial to you, doesn't have diminishing returns over time and doesn't have unwanted side effects I see zero reasons to cycle it.

You'll hear people say "well I see no reason to cycle it other than you don't want to mess with homeostasis that long" - well guess what, homeostasis is great and all until you die at 80 with sarcopenia, dementia, Alzheimer's or a heart attack. We mess with homeostasis all the time.
how would/do you cycle it

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
so you have to cycle ash and you get withdrawals once you stop?

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I thought ash was for burning calories/fat burner. Is it just for mood increasing?
It is not a typical fat burner, i.e. stimulating lipolysis the way that stimulants and others may.

It acts on cortisol (lowering it), blood glucose (lowers it), among others. Having a sustained elevated cortisol level has been shown to store adipose tissue and we all know the problems with sustained elevated blood glucose.

compan

compan

Awards
It is not a typical fat burner, i.e. stimulating lipolysis the way that stimulants and others may.

It acts on cortisol (lowering it), blood glucose (lowers it), among others. Having a sustained elevated cortisol level has been shown to store adipose tissue and we all know the problems with sustained elevated blood glucose.
This nails it. It's a nice compliment ingredient to have with some others like F95.

Zariph

Awards
any1 taking ashw post workout to control cortisol? Or is this a bad idea

Zman68

Zman68

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
any1 taking ashw post workout to control cortisol? Or is this a bad idea
I have been taking my 300mg upon waking and 300mg pre workout and that has been working fine and see no reason why you couldn't do post workout.

Zariph

Awards
I have been taking my 300mg upon waking and 300mg pre workout and that has been working fine and see no reason why you couldn't do post workout.
I have not;P I asked whether any1 did this