White Kidney Bean Extract? Carb Blocker? GDA?

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Title kind of sums up my question. Has anyone ever used White Kidney Bean Extract (Phaseolus Vulgaris) as a 'carb blocker'?

Thanks!

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes. It bloats me for a couple days if I depend on it too much, but I have gotten "questionable" results in the past by using small doses with my highest carb meal under isocaloric conditions..... or as isocaloric as I could get them. Mulberry extract was perhaps even better, if memory serves me correctly.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Title kind of sums up my question. Has anyone ever used White Kidney Bean Extract (Phaseolus Vulgaris) as a 'carb blocker'?

Thanks!
What do you mean by carb blocker? Are you referring to a GDA-type product? If so then yes they can be effective. I've never used white kidney bean but i've used, and continue to use, products like Slin Sane and Glycophase.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean by carb blocker? Are you referring to a GDA-type product? If so then yes they can be effective. I've never used white kidney bean but i've used, and continue to use, products like Slin Sane and Glycophase.
Oh for sure I have used GDA.. I was asking about this because that is what it is saying it does is 'carb block'.. But it's relatively cheap so I was wondering if people have used it prior to large carb meals and how it treated them

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Blocking carbs is complete nonsense

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Blocking carbs is complete nonsense
I agree, I'm guessing they mean more of a GDA effect.. But that's why I'm asking haha. Clearly nothing is 'blocking' them

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use it together with Fenugreek from a big European supplier. Works like a charm. Went on an all inclusive holiday for a week and did not gain any weight at for instance.

I try to alternate with Banaba leaf, Berberine and have not seen a single difference. Good GDA in my opinion and dirt cheap.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've heard good things and at the price, it's well worth it.