Help me sweat

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you help me?

I barely break a sweat during weights, I train hard and high volume.

I've taken various supplements, the only one which springs to mind which would make me sweat was the original MusclePharm Assault. I have no idea what was in it, but I sweated during a work out no matter how I trained.

The only thing which remotely works these days is Olympus Labs RAW/WAR? The Alpha/Y version at full dose.

Any recommendations?

Maybe I should be content I'm not a big sweater? However I assume the more you sweat the harder you're working.

I can power walk on a treadmill for 30-40 mins barely sweating and my heart rate rarely goes above 95-100.

Reason, wanna keep getting leaner. Yes, I've tried most fat burners at full dose.

Let me know what will jack my heart rate up!

:)

H

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
Idk why the pic isn't posting, but when one ages the maximum heart rate decreases. That being said speed walking on a treadmill isn't enough... I personally do 30 mins on the elliptical and I keep my heart rate above 150.

S

sespress

Awards
Incline the treadmill, wear a weighted vest. If you want to keep trying the treadmill. Honestly exercise outside when it's warm, just be sensitive to your temp. I can't wait for June personally because exercise outside I will lose a lot more weight and... Typically is me having a ton of fun doing it. Run in the sand at the beach if your near - the lose sand not the stuff near the water that's not hard, but the loose sand is difficult! The interval training programs look like they punish in the sweat regard but I've not really gotten into that. Really fast motion lifts like a clean tends to make me sweat more. The T bar, take it with a 45 on it and lift it from the floor to overhead and back down repeatedly, that kills too. I won't get much on a treadmill unless I break 3mph or go to 10%+ and curls or leg press I can put up a good number but I opt for 20+ rep sets now simply to keep my heart rate up.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

In order to get my heart rate above 150, I'd have to do sprints.

I could do 100 super sets, drop sets and my muscles will fail sooner than my heart rate hits 150, or stays there

I'm guessing my body is conditioned to weights, probably need to try new things in order to jack my heart rate up.

The issue I had with conditioning work is I recovery too quickly. Even with my weights I have a timer for 45-60secs max between sets and I do like 20 sets.

I had an ECG I think a while back and my resting heart rate was 42.

Maybe I'll just give up? ? Thing is I want to sweat during weights, as I don't do the cardio or conditioning stuff at all.

Squats do make me sweat a bit, if I do high rep 15-20 reps 1 minute breaks 10 sets. I can't deadlift(lower back issue).

I could squat everyday? But after 5 minutes of finishing I stop sweating. However when I was taking Assault I was sweating badly the whole work out.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not a big sweater at all, but Radiate is the only thing I've tried that gets me sweating. I also used OL Bloodshred Raw, but really prefer Radiate.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
How long are your rest periods between sets?

Sweating isn't the only indication of a good workout, but here's a few suggestions:

-supersets and decreased rest time between sets (30-45 seconds)
-wear long pants and a hoodie
-try a more challenging form of cardio - HIIT, stairmaster, sprints, etc.
-yohimbine - you mentioned that OL Bloodshr3d made you sweat, and chances are that the alpha-yohimbine is one of the ingredients driving that. You could always buy straight alpha-y and customize/increase the dose. Check out TA2 Max, its contains 3mg of rauwloscine (alpha-y), and it's a great product to use solo or stack with another preworkout or thermogenic that will definitely get you sweating more

APC80

APC80

Awards
Do hiit on the crosstrainer if that doesn't make ya sweat there's something wrong.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are several topicals that you can use to make yourself sweat. These include mind and muscle products as well as evomuse supernova. Check out mind and muscle for the full line up.

S

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ignit3 + ephedrine hcl... I don't even need to work out to sweat with this combo

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
A negative energy balance is what will make you lean - not sweat. Weights are a poor choice for creating a negative energy balance (but great for adding muscle, which needs more energy). Do 10 Rounds of 15/45 HIIT wearing long-sleeve clothing if you want to sweat. Combined with a caloric deficit - you'll get lean. People need to quit looking for answers in pills, powders, and potions.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How long are your rest periods between sets?

Sweating isn't the only indication of a good workout, but here's a few suggestions:

-supersets and decreased rest time between sets (30-45 seconds)
-wear long pants and a hoodie
-try a more challenging form of cardio - HIIT, stairmaster, sprints, etc.
-yohimbine - you mentioned that OL Bloodshr3d made you sweat, and chances are that the alpha-yohimbine is one of the ingredients driving that. You could always buy straight alpha-y and customize/increase the dose. Check out TA2 Max, its contains 3mg of rauwloscine (alpha-y), and it's a great product to use solo or stack with another preworkout or thermogenic that will definitely get you sweating more
Agreed completely here. If you do all of these and aren't sweating then you may have some issues haha. In general decreases rest periods to keep your heart rate up should definitely do the trick and make you sweat more unless you work out in a freezer.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not much help here, but I sometimes wish I had this problem. I sweat like crazy as soon as I get my heart rate up. Sometimes I even think to myself, wtf is going on here. haha

I will say that for as much as I do sweat when I work out, I found that (-)-epi really brought it on more. Also rauwloscine makes me feel like I need a headband so I can see when I workout.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Olympus Labs Epic made me sweat really bad and so does Synephrine. But, I do not welcome sweating considering I do take medication for hyperhidrosis. Lol

S

sespress

Awards
Olympus Labs Epic made me sweat really bad and so does Synephrine. But, I do not welcome sweating considering I do take medication for hyperhidrosis. Lol
Synephrine really?

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Squat and Deadlift heavy. That usually does it. HIITs will definitely get you sweating. As for a product. Chaos & Pains - Titan is pretty good.
If you don't want to sprint, try jump roping and see how long you can go without sweating ;)

S

sespress

Awards
Squat and Deadlift heavy. That usually does it. HIITs will definitely get you sweating. As for a product. Chaos & Pains - Titan is pretty good.
If you don't want to sprint, try jump roping and see how long you can go without sweating ;)
Jump rope is a good one

fro60ol

fro60ol

Awards
  • Established
The stair master does it for me 10 minutes on that and I am dripping

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yohimbine makes me (and most people) sweat like a pig! Could try Alpha Y too.

R

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Heavy weights, short rest periods and a tablet of limestone hardcore and you'll be sweating your ass off!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
SNS has both Alpha y and yohimbine available. You could play around with the doses. I know alpha y makes me sweat during my warm up....lol

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
tanning bed before the gym

throw on a long sleeve and a hoodie over that for the first few sets or during a few min of LISS prior to getting going and you'll get there