Phenibut rebound anxiety?

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
If I take 500mg phenibut I feel like I get rebound anxiety the following day, does this happen to anyone else?

sespress

Awards
Oh yeah buddy big time. Worse the more you take and even worse if you are going for days or weeks straight. Careful with that stuff, I've been stepping down off line 2g a day because I'm a moron and didn't read up on the addictivity of it. In down to less than 500 now and I did it slow (months) so it didn't bother me. I think the stuff is crazy useful but it's not trivial and it's not a real nootropic either, it's got some effects on calcium channel uptake on nerve axons like Lyrica does. That MOA appears to have a rebound on it, and phenibut effects Gaba, which is how alcohol and benzos work to. It's better than that because you don't get impulsive dosing or real cravings for the high but it can and will kick your butt if not careful.

Like I said it's crazy useful if you've got something going on line occasional anxiety or panic attacks, just keep it to a day or two at a time - around the dose you got, not more than a gram in 24 Ave it should be minimal. Take several days off, stuff lasts in the system a while.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you think it is rebound anxiety or the fact that the phenibut just wore off and the anxiety is able to shine through again?

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
Seems worse than my general level of anxiety tbh, surprised it has this effect when 500mg is considered a small dose

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It sounds like your individual physiological reaction. I feel great the next day. Actually better than I do when I take it bc I feel more clear minded but completely calm and cool. I do 1-3x /week. 1 gram. Some people feel groggy the next day. Everyone reacts differently

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It sounds like your individual physiological reaction. I feel great the next day. Actually better than I do when I take it bc I feel more clear minded but completely calm and cool. I do 1-3x /week. 1 gram. Some people feel groggy the next day. Everyone reacts differently
1g gives me a wicked hangover the next day, and with 500mg I dont really get too much anxiety relief. However 500mg has me sleeping like a baby so that is what I have always stuck with. This really is one of those "everyone has a different reaction" type things

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Got mad anxiety few days after a week binge. Definitely don't take it every day, it becomes a habit than more enjoyable

It's never the same as your first good dose either

I do believe the withdrawal and rebound anxiety is a bit overblown on forums etc though. Not as bad as pharmaceutical drugs like Valium etc

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 56
tyga tyga Supplements 16
RIPDanDuchaine Supplements 18
brofessorx Supplements 9
Supplements 7