Best PWO As A Study Aid?

vuedoolor

Awards
I'm looking for a pre-work out supplement to aid in reading thick boring textbooks while taking notes, what would you guys recommend for this purpose? Also a lot of online lab practice and coding involved.

In order of desirability:
- Tunnel like vision and Focus
- Motivation/Immersive to make even the most boring of tasks seem very interesting
- Zoned and dialed in to complete the task I've set up for myself (not easily distracted)
- Concentration/Mental clarity/Alertness where thoughts and words just flow
- Effects to last for minimum of 4 hours or MORE

What I don't want is to end up cleaning my whole house, scrubbing the toilet, and doing other things BUT studying.

I heard Craze was ideal for this purpose but seems like the original version has been discontinued so what's good out there as a study aid?

I've tried all kinds of nootropics, racetams, modafinil, coffee, 5-hour energy drink, etc and they have no effect on me so please NONE of that weak stuff like nootropics OR a cup of coffee.

I don't care if I have to crash and I don't care if it tastes like dog **** as long as it gives me the desired results to get my stuff done.

tsmog

tsmog

Awards
Have you tried DMAA? It works for me when I really need to cram boring material. It's definitely something to look into.

I'd recommend mesomorph by aps. Focus is insane and the flavors are the best.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Most preworkout products are designed to give you mental energy that can help with focus, but most of those products will give you energy to want to do things other than sit still and study.

When was the last time you tried nootropic products? I know that the majority of the nootropic products out there are underdosed and don't hit hard, but there has been a lot of attention on these products recently which has brought out some better products.

You could definitely try using DMAA or a high stim preworkout, but I would do a little research on Nootropimax too. Nootropimax is a new product as of this year that has brought the nootropic market to a new level. The profile and writeup show it's value and effectiveness with proven ingredients, and reviews/feedback have been awesome. This would be a better option than trying to sit still and study after taking a loaded up preworkout drink

P.brow17

P.brow17

Awards
What happens when you do find a supp that you genuinely believe helps you absorb material better and work more efficiently? Do you honestly see yourself being able to do school work and/or eventually real-world work without it?

I'm all for supplements to help with physical improvements, but looking to supplements to improve school performance seems like a dark road to go down. Just put your ass in a chair and get to work. Or go to a family physician and get prescribed amphetamines (if you really need help focusing). At least then, insurance can help and you won't piss money away.

Or you could try what I do:
Realize that being lazy will result in wasted money on education, ****tier job options in the future, and an underachieved life overall. That's usually enough to make me want to take notes instead of bitch work around the house.

Regarding the original question, a solid work ethic, maybe stacked with some coffee, meets all of your desired effects.

vuedoolor

Awards
What happens when you do find a supp that you genuinely believe helps you absorb material better and work more efficiently? Do you honestly see yourself being able to do school work and/or eventually real-world work without it?

I'm all for supplements to help with physical improvements, but looking to supplements to improve school performance seems like a dark road to go down. Just put your ass in a chair and get to work. Or go to a family physician and get prescribed amphetamines (if you really need help focusing). At least then, insurance can help and you won't piss money away.

Or you could try what I do:
Realize that being lazy will result in wasted money on education, ****tier job options in the future, and an underachieved life overall. That's usually enough to make me want to take notes instead of bitch work around the house.

Regarding the original question, a solid work ethic, maybe stacked with some coffee, meets all of your desired effects.
NONE of that weak stuff like nootropics OR a cup of coffee

vuedoolor

Awards
Have you tried DMAA? It works for me when I really need to cram boring material. It's definitely something to look into.

I'd recommend mesomorph by aps. Focus is insane and the flavors are the best.
I might just try that

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You should check out Focus XT by SNS. Great product to take pre study or pre workout. I've used it many times when I was up late studying in the past.

niklasericson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The cheap way:
ALCAR
Caffeine
L theanine
L tyrosine
Huperzine
Glycine for calm to keep the cortisol in control.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You should check out Focus XT by SNS. Great product to take pre study or pre workout.
I've used it many times when I was up late studying in the past.
^^^This.... Not really a pre workout, but more of a focus / motivation product. Lots of peeps use it
as a pre, but it is also great for studying too ;)

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would look more at a nootropic than a pwo. Something like choline or noopept. As a pre that would be good focus xt is a good choice.

vuedoolor

Awards
Nootropics can't even tickle me... I've already have $500 worth of nootropic that does nothing for me. I've bought from all reputable vendors it's all placebo.

Noopept sucks, phenylpiracetam makes me sleepy, alcar, alpha gpc does nothing except shrink my wallet. If I have time I'll take a picture of my cubbord filled with useless nootropics.

As for RC's 2fa made me sleepy, 4fa did nothing, 4f-mph had too many side effects and ****ty come down.

I've not tried focus xt but based on the ingredient label I can almost gaurantee it will have no effect on me.

vuedoolor

Awards
I've placed an order for mesomorph so I'll see if it's any good as a study aid. Oh I've tried og muscle miranade in the past and the effects only lasted an hour or so.. hopefully mesomorph is longer lasting

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I would try SNS Focus XT. If that can't help you, your problems with concentrating are beyond what supplements can do. Sounds like you are looking for NZT....lol

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know not a PWO, but I had my best study sessions by going to sleep early and waking up at around 3 am to some fresh brewed coffee. You don't have all the accumulation of the day stacking up in your head. You wake up fresh to study/ work on projects.

- This got me through bachelors and masters in engineering. Good luck man!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Mesmorph his HARD and will let you study like crazy, you'll be so focused you will try to learn Latin and walk away knowing GERMAN. It's THAT epic

Another one that I like is Gamer Up by Controlled Labs; they made it specifically for Professional Videogame Players (so it would be great to study with)

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I have said this 100 times now and will continue to say it. Level 2 by formutech is my go to study, focus, pick me up. No crash, head buzzing focus and the tubs last forever!

Rushie

Awards
Man, this thread actually read like a joke or sheer trolling.

OP, as someone already mentioned: stop being a lazy a** and sit down and get through "the boring" textbooks. Stop complicating things and looking for an easy way out. If you are too lazy/dumb, no nootropic/PWO will help you. If you aren't too lazy/dumb, you don't need nootropic/PWO to do that s***.

It's STUDYING for christ's sake.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would try SNS Focus XT. If that can't help you, your problems with concentrating are beyond what supplements can do. Sounds like you are looking for NZT....lol
This. If some of the well formulated Nootropic supplements out there do NOTHING for you, either you have a more serious problem than what can be addressed with OTC supplements, or you have unrealistic expectations. You could try Modafinil or other -finils, I really hope you those don't do "nothing" for you, but they should be used sparingly.

Edit: Modafinil did nothing for you? I didn't notice anything from Adrafinil, but flmodafinil worked VERY well for me. If you have used actual Modafinil and it's done nothing for you, I suggest either changing your mindset on what to expect from supplements, or going to see a doctor and say you're having trouble studying/focusing/etc if you NEED something that strong and it's still doing nothing.

It sounds like OP is looking more for strong stimulants than anything, which, again, is fine on occasion, but I wouldn't recommend using a ton of exotic stimulants every day or most days to help you study, as once tolerance builds to them, then you're really in an undesirable situation.

Big_Spaz

Big_Spaz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You should check out Focus XT by SNS. Great product to take pre study or pre workout. I've used it many times when I was up late studying in the past.

This would be my suggestion as well. You definitely don't want to overstim yourself and this would probably be your best bet.

-Spaz

vuedoolor

Awards
Man, this thread actually read like a joke or sheer trolling.

OP, as someone already mentioned: stop being a lazy a** and sit down and get through "the boring" textbooks. Stop complicating things and looking for an easy way out. If you are too lazy/dumb, no nootropic/PWO will help you. If you aren't too lazy/dumb, you don't need nootropic/PWO to do that s***.

It's STUDYING for christ's sake.
You mad bro? I don't want whatever you're taking there's too much aggression in it

vuedoolor

Awards
I have said this 100 times now and will continue to say it. Level 2 by formutech is my go to study, focus, pick me up. No crash, head buzzing focus and the tubs last forever!
Cool, I'll check that out as well

vuedoolor

Awards
4-MAR has got to be the closest thing to NZT but they don't make good meth like they use to anymore

the focus and concentration was insane GOD MODE

vuedoolor

Awards
Cocaine, Adderall, or Meth
Currently in this day and age meth sucks

cocaine - I'll pass

Adderall - I can't get it because I don't have ADHD I also heard that it's a hit and miss depending on the brand but have never tried it myself

vuedoolor

Awards
This. If some of the well formulated Nootropic supplements out there do NOTHING for you, either you have a more serious problem than what can be addressed with OTC supplements, or you have unrealistic expectations. You could try Modafinil or other -finils, I really hope you those don't do "nothing" for you, but they should be used sparingly.

Edit: Modafinil did nothing for you? I didn't notice anything from Adrafinil, but flmodafinil worked VERY well for me. If you have used actual Modafinil and it's done nothing for you, I suggest either changing your mindset on what to expect from supplements, or going to see a doctor and say you're having trouble studying/focusing/etc if you NEED something that strong and it's still doing nothing.

It sounds like OP is looking more for strong stimulants than anything, which, again, is fine on occasion, but I wouldn't recommend using a ton of exotic stimulants every day or most days to help you study, as once tolerance builds to them, then you're really in an undesirable situation.
I only need it for 1 or 2 times per week that's it

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I only need it for 1 or 2 times per week that's it
Ok, that's a good thing. You've tried actual Modafinil and it did nothing for you? How did you dose it, and did you take it with anything else? I can say from my experience that flmodafinil (I've never tried Modafinil or Armodafinil) is vastly superior for a full/long day of studying/working/writing/etc than DMAA or any other "pre-workout."

Also, other nootropics, while not as obvious or simulating, can still help with studying/memory/etc. I'd advise taking some nootropics daily, and then something stronger as needed for an extra boost. Things like choline/huperzine/racetams/bacopa may not have drastic effects for you, but I think they could still help your studying and memory and cognitive performance, and they actually work better with continued use than acute use, so they could give a nice, if subtle, boost, and you could use something "stronger" 1-2 times a week as well.

vuedoolor

Awards
Ok, that's a good thing. You've tried actual Modafinil and it did nothing for you? How did you dose it, and did you take it with anything else? I can say from my experience that flmodafinil (I've never tried Modafinil or Armodafinil) is vastly superior for a full/long day of studying/working/writing/etc than DMAA or any other "pre-workout."
I have never tried flmodafinil but heard it works better than modafinil too so maybe I'll check that out too. As for modafinil I bought from at least 3 different vendors and all did nothing for me. I tried modalert, waklert, armodafinil, artvigil and I can't remember the dose but I took one pill to see effects and felt nothing so then waited a few more days to test at higher dosage such as 2 pills and didn't feel anything either. I could take a modafinila pill and go straight to sleep without any problems. I'll say that the first time I took it I did feel some energy like a strong cup of coffee but that was only 1 time.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Recently for studying, I've just been doing a tab of caffeine (200mg) and some ALCAR (1g). Some good products would be ANS Rave or Focus XT.

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
In my experience: Ephedrine.

TO ME, it gives me an adderall like effect that is more controllable and more conducive to studying instead of wanting to have fun (this is what adderall does to me instead of helping). Too bad I found out about this after I graduated college hahaha. I guess ill eventually make use of this when I go to get my masters.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Based on what you want/ dont want, it just seems like you want a high stimmed product. There are a few of those around, so just go for any one of the more popular high stim pre workouts

vuedoolor

Awards
In my experience: Ephedrine.

TO ME, it gives me an adderall like effect that is more controllable and more conducive to studying instead of wanting to have fun (this is what adderall does to me instead of helping). Too bad I found out about this after I graduated college hahaha. I guess ill eventually make use of this when I go to get my masters.
I thought that stuff was banned? Where do you get it?

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
I thought that stuff was banned? Where do you get it?
Bronkaid or Primatene at any pharmacy. You need to show ID in case you are planning on making METH with it but otherwise you are good to go. Bronkaid is Ephedrine Sulfate and Primatene is Ephedrine HCL, both have an expectorant built in. I actually kind of like it though, I can breathe like never before haha

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Focus XT has always done the trick for me! and I always add in some noopept

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another vote for NootropiMax, this will make studying a lot easier and less of a chore.

vuedoolor

Awards
Reporting in

I just tried mesomorph which I got from i-supplements and that pwo made me really sleepy. There was no energy but I did feel tingles and itchiness then it went straight into crash mode. So it skipped energy and focus and drove right into crashing.

I did try half scoop one day then 1 full scoop the next day and only experienced fatigue.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't say I've ever heard of this happening. What's your normal stim intake during the day?

vuedoolor

Awards
My first time trying dmaa

I don't use stim daily either

Don't drink energy drink, coffee, soda or take stims. Not on medication or drugs.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would look at a nootropic or focus style supp. These are designed to increase brain activity and focus.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Gamer Up is made for this. Really puts you in the zone. Made with ingredients for mood, stress, cognition, energy, focus etc