Mass Max XT and 500 surplus

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
What you guys imagine gain wise from a 500 calorie surplus and Mass Max XT for someone lifting around 7 months? Diet would be lean / 300g protein per day.....what would the results look like and is a smaller/larger surplus recommended etc. Assume it'd be ran for 8 weeks if the 4 weeks proved noticeable gains.

I have a lot of friends who would like a natural anabolic and not go the hormonal route so what could you see from this product especially if you have not been lifting for years / reached your peak? Thanks ahead

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
Calories in vs calories out is a common strategy. That's 1lb per week. It get a little more complicated when you account for carbs/muscle glycogen. But assume about 1lb per week with a little give or take.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Calories in vs calories out is a common strategy. That's 1lb per week. It get a little more complicated when you account for carbs/muscle glycogen. But assume about 1lb per week with a little give or take.
Can you assume it'd be all lean aswell? So I could put on 4lbs of muscle for 2 months and thus gain 8 lean lbs in 2 months? That'd be incredible

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
Can you assume it'd be all lean aswell? So I could put on 4lbs of muscle for 2 months and thus gain 8 lean lbs in 2 months? That'd be incredible
If that were true, we would all be jacked and shredded. I'll leave perfomax reps to comment, but your diet & training would have to be on point for that. Most muscle building supps tend to stave off fat gain while adding mass.

Nickespo89

Nickespo89

Awards
  • Established
If that were true, we would all be jacked and shredded. I'll leave perfomax reps to comment, but your diet & training would have to be on point for that. Most muscle building supps tend to stave off fat gain while adding mass.
That's really the best way to put it. Making the best use of the food you eat.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
If you've been training for 7 months then you're definitely in a good position to add muscle to your frame. Regardless of your diet and training it would be impossible to gain 1 pound per week of pure muscle tissue. Depending on your current body composition it's likely that you'll lose some body fat as you continue to gain muscle because you are still very new to training. Because of this the scale might not move as quickly and literally as one pound per week, but you'll still be adding strength and size. While Massmax XT can certainly help you, it isn't a magic supplement that will turn all of your weight gain into muscle. It can certainly help, but don't expect a miracle just because you're using a natural anabolic product.

I think you're going the right route by choosing a natural anabolic product over a PH or SARM, especially since you're so new to training. To be honest, with only 7 months of training under your belt, even Massmax XT is probably overkill for where you're at. Nothing replaces heavy training with good form and proper nutrition. What are you current stats?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
i think john.patterson summed it up for you. Massmax xt will give you great results especially for a new lifter. Like he said it may even be overkill because you're probably still making good progress without a natty supp, just by eatting clean and training hard. anyways I think you will really like massmax xt while eatting at 500 calorie surplus. That is really the ideal time to supplement massmax xt in, is when you're in a surplus.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
If you've been training for 7 months then you're definitely in a good position to add muscle to your frame. Regardless of your diet and training it would be impossible to gain 1 pound per week of pure muscle tissue. Depending on your current body composition it's likely that you'll lose some body fat as you continue to gain muscle because you are still very new to training. Because of this the scale might not move as quickly and literally as one pound per week, but you'll still be adding strength and size. While Massmax XT can certainly help you, it isn't a magic supplement that will turn all of your weight gain into muscle. It can certainly help, but don't expect a miracle just because you're using a natural anabolic product.

I think you're going the right route by choosing a natural anabolic product over a PH or SARM, especially since you're so new to training. To be honest, with only 7 months of training under your belt, even Massmax XT is probably overkill for where you're at. Nothing replaces heavy training with good form and proper nutrition. What are you current stats?
Well my preferred route will always be hormonal(last attempt failed due to injury and being out of gym for a month), but all my friends who lift with me are completely 180 opposite of me and won't touch any hormones. I would be happy with putting on maybe 70% muscle and 30% fat do you think that's reasonable for a lean bulk? Besides that the recomp effect seems really interesting and AS effective as putting on lean muscle anyways. Thanks for your help. I may try MassMax XT before I go back to hormones however because it sounds very enticing

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Well my preferred route will always be hormonal(last attempt failed due to injury and being out of gym for a month), but all my friends who lift with me are completely 180 opposite of me and won't touch any hormones. I would be happy with putting on maybe 70% muscle and 30% fat do you think that's reasonable for a lean bulk? Besides that the recomp effect seems really interesting and AS effective as putting on lean muscle anyways. Thanks for your help. I may try MassMax XT before I go back to hormones however because it sounds very enticing
I would focus on training consistency and eating properly for 1-2 years before experimenting with anything hormonal. Even that is early IMO. Most people who start training want immediate results, and they haven't put in the time or effort to yield the physique they want yet. Putting on quality muscle takes a lot of time and a ton of consistency.

Hormones and AAS shouldn't be considered by new lifters, and even experienced lifters should seriously consider the side effects that may come with using them. It's very easy when you first start off to get caught up in the "I wanna be HUGE" mentality, but from a longevity and health perspective there is a lot more to consider than aesthetics and the size of your muscles.

Also, how old are you?

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I would focus on training consistency and eating properly for 1-2 years before experimenting with anything hormonal. Even that is early IMO. Most people who start training want immediate results, and they haven't put in the time or effort to yield the physique they want yet. Putting on quality muscle takes a lot of time and a ton of consistency.

Hormones and AAS shouldn't be considered by new lifters, and even experienced lifters should seriously consider the side effects that may come with using them. It's very easy when you first start off to get caught up in the "I wanna be HUGE" mentality, but from a longevity and health perspective there is a lot more to consider than aesthetics and the size of your muscles.

Also, how old are you?
i didn't mess wit hormones until around 1 1/2 years of lifting and age 20. I do understand side effects can be devastating. I am hoping mass max or fd2 could yield me some good natural results before I do any other attempts at hormones

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
i didn't mess wit hormones until around 1 1/2 years of lifting and age 20. I do understand side effects can be devastating. I am hoping mass max or fd2 could yield me some good natural results before I do any other attempts at hormones
Yeah I would give Massmax XT a try and see how it treats you. I really like that it increases appetite, and there has been a lot of positive user feedback regarding muscle hardness and fullness, as well as strength and size increases. I think Massmax XT would be a great natural product that would put you in a good position to see some great progress with proper diet and hard training

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Go here using Internet Explorer (or Edge I guess, no hablo Windows 10): http://www.pbrc.edu/research-and-faculty/calculators/weight-loss-predictor/

That is the latest science/math on prediction algorithms. It will do SURPLUS' too, you just need to change the drop-down.

Oh, you *will* gain fat, no way around it. If you do it perfectly, expect ~70/30 muscle to fat.

Did this for a 30 year old, 72", 210lbs, 500kcal surplus:

Attachments

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For lean gains, I would aim for 1-1.5 pounds per month. Even then, you will put on some fat, unless you are using gear. I would not suggest aiming for 1 pound per week if you want to stay on the leaner side. Think of it this way, if you did that for a year, you would put on 52 pounds in a year. Not even someone on gear could put on that much lean mass.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
For lean gains, I would aim for 1-1.5 pounds per month. Even then, you will put on some fat, unless you are using gear. I would not suggest aiming for 1 pound per week if you want to stay on the leaner side. Think of it this way, if you did that for a year, you would put on 52 pounds in a year. Not even someone on gear could put on that much lean mass.
So the massmax would help those gains be harder and more dense muscle possibly?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Also, Dr. Mike Israetel recommends 0.5-1% of bodyweight gain per week, depending on how "fat averse" you are. That's a pretty easy rule of thumb to follow. I'd probably go against my usual recco of not weighing yourself more than once a week - and actually weigh myself (at the same, *exact* time/condition, ie. in the AM after a dump) every day and average them (divide by 7) to gauge the next weeks calories.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Also, Dr. Mike Israetel recommends 0.5-1% of bodyweight gain per week, depending on how "fat averse" you are. That's a pretty easy rule of thumb to follow. I'd probably go against my usual recco of not weighing yourself more than once a week - and actually weigh myself (at the same, *exact* time/condition, ie. in the AM after a dump) every day and average them (divide by 7) to gauge the next weeks calories.
ok thanks I'll make sure to do that aswell