Lean Gains

popchris

Awards
Hi All,

I bought a bottle of Arimistane, but after doing research on here I realize it likely won't live up to its billing. I really just want to gain energy, lean out and gain strength. I'm not seeking superhuman results which is why I'm looking for legal stuff. I would love to increase my testosterone but the risk of gyno for me is something I fear (this is why Arimistane appealed to me).

What products work reasonably well?

My diet is good (1,500 calories and low carbs) and I've just begun weightlifting again after taking 4 years off.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You won't get any lean gains eating 1500 calories, for most that is below their BMR of sitting in bed all day long.

While everyone has a dream goal of losing fat and gaining muscle you need to realize that is a very long process (recomping) which requires extensive training and a very small caloric surplus.

Given your caloric intake it won't matter what pills or powders you take more bikini girls eat more then that when dieting for a contest. That is a major red flag for almost all individuals unless you are very short and don't weigh much.

Energy would be something you can gather from a pre workout . If your looking for something to give you long lasting energy you could look into theacrine to combine with caffeine capsules to be a good energy combination. There are plenty of other nootropic based products or supplements that can extend the half life of caffeine for steady and long term energy (huperzine A, choline, Alcar, PEA)

What other things are you taking? And how long have you been eating 1500 calories ? What results have you got with that low of an intake?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my favorite legal prohormone is 1-Testosterone by Hi-Tech Pharma. 2-3 tabs/day = legit results

popchris

Awards
Hi The Solution, I appreciate you taking the time to look over my 'case'. I'm 6"1, 210 LBs. I do have a wider frame (I know that sounds like 'big-boned' nonsense, but I truly do look leaner than most men at that height/weight ratio) and some muscle mass from my previous work and so I'm not quite as fat as that sounds. I've lost 10 LBs in the past 2 months. I feel very good about my diet because I feel I finally figured out a sustainable way to eat without cravings or anything.

I drink a lot of coffee. I probably consume over a gram of caffeine a day.

I have a hey protein (low carb). The Arimistane (which I'm now using just for the sake of it). And a mutli (orange triad).

I use to take an E/C stack, but I took far too much ephedrine for far too long.

I would prefer long lasting energy.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi The Solution, I appreciate you taking the time to look over my 'case'. I'm 6"1, 210 LBs. I do have a wider frame (I know that sounds like 'big-boned' nonsense, but I truly do look leaner than most men at that height/weight ratio) and some muscle mass from my previous work and so I'm not quite as fat as that sounds. I've lost 10 LBs in the past 2 months. I feel very good about my diet because I feel I finally figured out a sustainable way to eat without cravings or anything.

I have a hey protein (low carb). The Arimistane (which I'm now using just for the sake of it). And a mutli (orange triad).

do you want a stimulant based product, or non-stimulant?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
If you are just starting again after 4 years off, you will probably be able to make some good progress just by getting back on a regular routine paired with ample recovery time and balanced nutrition/diet. If you really must use supplements, just stick to the basics in the beginning such as creatine and fish oil. Once you get back to a good foundation you can start fine tuning everything and get a general idea of what additional supps might be able to help reach your goals long term goals.

popchris

Awards
Hi VaughnTrue, thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to look into that. And I'm looking for non-stimulant. I went a little over board with stimulants and I was getting high blood pressure.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

I am sorry but if you are 6'1 and 210 pounds eating 1500 calories no Supplement will help you. That is so low it is scary. You will get 0 lean gains on 1500 Kcals regardless of what pill or powder you are using .

Before you look into supplements you need to fix your diet, no supplements helps a poor diet. Someone at 1500 at your size is a recipe for disaster. I would start at 2500 if you want to get any kind of gains and adjust based off the mirror and scale .

Your multi is fine I would suggest a fishoil (oximega) and take 4 caps a day for 2-3G of EPA/DHA.

5g of creatine (any monohydrate) on training days no need to load or cycle.

And a Whey protein to help reach protein intake.
Nobody at your weight and height should ever get that low unless your 2 weeks out from a show and are killing drastic measures to lose weight. Something that low over long periods of
Time could lead to a huge drop in testosterone and health problems from such a caloric deficit

popchris

Awards
The Solution: my body puts on fat soooo easily though.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The Solution: my body puts on fat soooo easily though.
If you think eating 1500 Kcals for someone your size is healthy your wrong. Your going to tank your metabolism, lead to long term
Health problems, and never make any progress.

The goal of cutting is keeping calories as high as possible while losing weight. In your situation your already at the bottom of the barrel . So in your situation when you stall your either adding cardio or drop more calories which will just be a bigger recipe for disaster.

More cardio and a larger caloric deficit won't product any gains it will actually be counter productive to fat loss as your body adapts to such a low caloric intake and will give your more headaches then success and results.

Personally you can continue 1500 Kcals but you won't gain any muscle at that intake for someone your size, and your fat loss will come
To a screeching halt extremely fast due to your low caloric intake.

popchris

Awards
If you think eating 1500 Kcals for someone your size is healthy your wrong. Your going to tank your metabolism, lead to long term
Health problems, and never make any progress.

The goal of cutting is keeping calories as high as possible while losing weight. In your situation your already at the bottom of the barrel . So in your situation when you stall your either adding cardio or drop more calories which will just be a bigger recipe for disaster.

More cardio and a larger caloric deficit won't product any gains it will actually be counter productive to fat loss as your body adapts to such a low caloric intake and will give your more headaches then success and results.

Personally you can continue 1500 Kcals but you won't gain any muscle at that intake for someone your size, and your fat loss will come
To a screeching halt extremely fast due to your low caloric intake.
Damn! Now I really have to re-consider things.

HTGduck

HTGduck

Awards
  • Established
Damn! Now I really have to re-consider things.
Man I am 5' 10" and 190lbs and im Cutting on 2,000 calories. If you truly want lean gains you probably need to be around 2,800 calories. That is a guesstimate though because I am on the go and dont have a TDEE calculator handy. at 1500 caloried you are easily over 1000 calories under maintenance. Gotta get those calories up if you wanna make lean gains bro!

popchris

Awards
Man I am 5' 10" and 190lbs and im Cutting on 2,000 calories. If you truly want lean gains you probably need to be around 2,800 calories. That is a guesstimate though because I am on the go and dont have a TDEE calculator handy. at 1500 caloried you are easily over 1000 calories under maintenance. Gotta get those calories up if you wanna make lean gains bro!
But I cannot risk putting on fat. This is a quandary now

hsk

Awards
  • Established
If you truly want to add quality lean mass to your frame, you will really need to learn how to eat nutritiously, properly and correctly for your particular activity level, lifestyle, biochemistry, and/or any genetic predispositions. Learning how to properly train, eat, and recover are the foundation of any type of physical training program. It will be hard to gain muscle if you don't give it the fuel it needs to perform at the level you are pushing it to perform at.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You could be calculating your calorie intake wrong. For example you may think you're only taking in 1500 but may actually be taking in 2500. If you're eating the right foods and tracking macros for your needs and body specifically you shouldn't put on fat. I agree with the solution that no supplement will help you pack on lean muscle if your calories are that low.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
You can't put on fat in *any* caloric deficit - if you eat 10kcals under maintenance, you'll still lose 0.000000000000000000000001 lbs/week.

1500kcals!!!!!!! Holy (true) catobolisim Batman! I bet your BMR is in the 1900 range.

Go here and put in the (honest) data, follow it for a month (shoot for 1-2lbs/week loss) and adjust up or down based on the scale and tape measure:

https://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ (Miflen-St. Jeore can be off by 10% or so, that's why you need to make adjustments - but I lost ~85lbs using it as a base).

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
You could be calculating your calorie intake wrong. For example you may think you're only taking in 1500 but may actually be taking in 2500. If you're eating the right foods and tracking macros for your needs and body specifically you shouldn't put on fat. I agree with the solution that no supplement will help you pack on lean muscle if your calories are that low.
Good point. OP, download an app like Fat Secret or Lose It and use it religiously.

popchris

Awards
You guys all know your stuff. I'm beginning to think I'm not in a position to weight train. My endomorph genetics cannot be trusted with more calories.

andrewski48

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Echoing others, ensure you are counting calories from all sources. Not saying you aren't but I know there are numerous times where people will say they are eating a certain amount yet they do not count condiments, weigh food/know accurate weights of food, or just forget to add at certain times. Also if you are extremely worried about gaining fat you can add 100-200 calories a week and measure body composition as you progress. Once you find somewhere you are comfortable with you can stop there for a while. Also as others have said, you will not gain muscle on such low calories at your size.

popchris

Awards
I eat around 1500 calories a day. No refined sugar. Low carbs. High protein/high fat. No condiments (besides hot sauces like Frank's or other sugar-free stuff). I drink only coffee and water. I put sweetner in my coffee (stevia).

Yesterday, I went to the gym and had a plate of pasta (after reading this thread). This scale this morning was up 1.5 LBs. I HIGHLY doubt I gained that much muscle after one session. My genetics are ****ed up.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
You guys all know your stuff. I'm beginning to think I'm not in a position to weight train. My endomorph genetics cannot be trusted with more calories.
You don't consider 6' 285lbs at 45 years old an Endomorph? You're making excuses and losing just muscle your way - what have you got to lose (fat!) doing it our way? And you can't gain muscle (generally) without adding a little bit of fat. Who cares - fat comes off like clothing per week. It's only when you get down around 10% (you'll have an 8 pack by then) that it becomes stubborn.

popchris

Awards
I'm considering taking PH, because I'd feel more confident eating more calories with it, but I worry about increasing estrogen. I know there's cycle support and PCT involved, but can I guarantee I won't have a surge of estrogen?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I eat around 1500 calories a day. No refined sugar. Low carbs. High protein/high fat. No condiments (besides hot sauces like Frank's or other sugar-free stuff). I drink only coffee and water. I put sweetner in my coffee (stevia).

Yesterday, I went to the gym and had a plate of pasta (after reading this thread). This scale this morning was up 1.5 LBs. I HIGHLY doubt I gained that much muscle after one session. My genetics are ****ed up.
Frank's has salt, probably a lot = water retention. Pasta is a lot of Glycogen. And how big was the f'n plate? Pasta is kcal crazy. Good luck, done here for me.

YOU ARE NO WAY READY TO TAKE PH's (DRUGS) - STAY AWAY

popchris

Awards
You don't consider 6' 285lbs at 45 years old an Endomorph? You're making excuses and losing just muscle your way - what have you got to lose (fat!) doing it our way? And you can't gain muscle (generally) without adding a little bit of fat. Who cares - fat comes off like clothing per week. It's only when you get down around 10% (you'll have an 8 pack by then) that it becomes stubborn.
This is gonna make me sound like a flaming vagina, but I figured since I am looking to lean out, put on some muscle, increase my energy that I could do this with relative ease. I could just go to the gym, take a few supplements, make some simple food choices and see results. It sounds like in order to achieve even the modest results I am seeking that nutrition has to become the center focus of my life which isn't sustainable for me. I have too much stuff going on right now.

I was excited about what I'm doing right now with my diet because I can follow it and forget about it. I know what to do so that I don't have to spend so much mental energy thinking about my diet. What everyone here seems to be telling me is that if you want to get anywhere, you need to make this a 2nd job. I really have to re-examine everything now.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
This is gonna make me sound like a flaming vagina, but I figured since I am looking to lean out, put on some muscle, increase my energy that I could do this with relative ease. I could just go to the gym, take a few supplements, make some simple food choices and see results. It sounds like in order to achieve even the modest results I am seeking that nutrition has to become the center focus of my life which isn't sustainable for me. I have too much stuff going on right now.

I was excited about what I'm doing right now with my diet because I can follow it and forget about it. I know what to do so that I don't have to spend so much mental energy thinking about my diet. What everyone here seems to be telling me is that if you want to get anywhere, you need to make this a 2nd job. I really have to re-examine everything now.
Ummmm, if that's all it took, then everyone would be lean, jacked, and bouncing off the walls. You've gotten some great advice but it seems like you don't want to follow it. First, like others have said, I cannot believe you are surviving at your height/weight on 1500 calories a day. I am 5'7" 165 lbs, low bf (not measured by I have "man lines" and abs) and barely go below 2400. I have a desk job, work on average 55-60 hours/week, and have 1 year old twins at home. I don't have time for a "second job." Luckily, that's not what fitness is.

Your comment that you cannot risk putting on fat is troublesome. Are you competing? If not, it sounds like you have an unhealthy body image. I'm not knocking you, but achieving your goal might take some trial and error (i.e., sticking to a diet for a few weeks then adjusting up/down as necessary). If you're scared to try, you'll never make it.

Listen what these guys are saying. They are here to help, not steer you in the wrong direction.

popchris

Awards
Ummmm, if that's all it took, then everyone would be lean, jacked, and bouncing off the walls. You've gotten some great advice but it seems like you don't want to follow it. First, like others have said, I cannot believe you are surviving at your height/weight on 1500 calories a day. I am 5'7" 165 lbs, low bf (not measured by I have "man lines" and abs) and barely go below 2400. I have a desk job, work on average 55-60 hours/week, and have 1 year old twins at home. I don't have time for a "second job." Luckily, that's not what fitness is.

Your comment that you cannot risk putting on fat is troublesome. Are you competing? If not, it sounds like you have an unhealthy body image. I'm not knocking you, but achieving your goal might take some trial and error (i.e., sticking to a diet for a few weeks then adjusting up/down as necessary). If you're scared to try, you'll never make it.

Listen what these guys are saying. They are here to help, not steer you in the wrong direction.
But I'm not trying to get to 300 LBs at 5% bf with enough energy to forgo sleep. I'm just trying to make reasonable progress,

popchris

Awards
I'd also add that if you look up Transhumanist/Life Extension diets, some guys are eating far fewer calories than me for years.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Look man it doesn't need to be a second job, keep doing what your doing, after a couple weeks if you are losing weight or losing strength add a couple glasses of milk or a couple spoons of peanut butter per day and then reassess in a couple more weeks, every one is different I'm 5'10 190 with abs, I work construction and train hard 5-6 days a week, I maintain my weight and gain strength around 1800 cals, Ohhhh noooo Soooooooo catabolic

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
But I'm not trying to get to 300 LBs at 5% bf with enough energy to forgo sleep. I'm just trying to make reasonable progress,
Like I said, I'm 5'7", 165 lbs. I work out maybe an hour a day (if I'm lucky). I have sh*tty genetics (complete endomorph). I would never want to be 300 pounds at 5% body fat. So, not sure where you are going with that.

And LOL at "making reasonable progress" on your calorie restricted, transhumanist diet. Honestly, you just sound like you want an easy way out. If you think attaining your goals is a second job, you must be incredibly lazy. All types of people are able to do it, from soccer moms to Wall Street executives. Those guys eating far fewer calories do so for health purposes, not to obtain the physique you want. You really have a skewed reality when it comes to this.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
210 @ 1.85m and only 1500 kcal (body weight x7.1) and you expect to gain muscle! Your body will resist at all costs losing any fat / gaining muscle as it probably thinks it is now starving and is trying to preserve life, are you finding you are more tired / not moving around much?

You probably need ~3000 kcals possibly more just to maintain body weight let alone trying to build muscle assuming you are training at least 3 times a week. I am 1.76m and can cut comfortably losing 1lb per week at calories to suit my body weight x13 (anywhere between 2080 and 2275 depending where in the cut I am) and I maintain at body weight @ x15.5 to 16 so trying to get lean gains at x7 would be impossible IMO, I would expect to lose in the region of 3lbs per week at that and therefore would be losing a significant amount of muscle over an extended period of time and have no energy to lift to preserve muscle.

I would increase your caloric intake to 3000 and monitor the scale weight and waist circumference and adjust calories from there. If your waist isn't getting bigger then you are not putting on fat (or minimal amounts).

In respect of caloric intake do you weigh all your foods and do you keep a log of everything you eat?

popchris

Awards
210 @ 1.85m and only 1500 kcal (body weight x7.1) and you expect to gain muscle! Your body will resist at all costs losing any fat / gaining muscle as it probably thinks it is now starving and is trying to preserve life, are you finding you are more tired / not moving around much?

You probably need ~3000 kcals possibly more just to maintain body weight let alone trying to build muscle assuming you are training at least 3 times a week. I am 1.76m and can cut comfortably losing 1lb per week at calories to suit my body weight x13 (anywhere between 2080 and 2275 depending where in the cut I am) and I maintain at body weight @ x15.5 to 16 so trying to get lean gains at x7 would be impossible IMO, I would expect to lose in the region of 3lbs per week at that and therefore would be losing a significant amount of muscle over an extended period of time and have no energy to lift to preserve muscle.

I would increase your caloric intake to 3000 and monitor the scale weight and waist circumference and adjust calories from there. If your waist isn't getting bigger then you are not putting on fat (or minimal amounts).

In respect of caloric intake do you weigh all your foods and do you keep a log of everything you eat?
Well I lifted yesterday and today and did feel like absolute ****, so the 1,500 calories probably won't cut it. I'm between a rock and a hard place. I know If I eat something like 3,000 calories I will gain fat. I'd bet my life on it.

What's the breakdown of your macros?

I don't weigh my food or keep a log. This is something I'm hoping to avoid. I know someone in here already called me "lazy", to which I can only respond that I do have a full schedule and I'm not looking to compete as a bodybuilder. I have a full-time job and am pursuing my masters on a part-time basis (I'm also involved in local politics). So I do not have the time nor mental energy to make dieting the central focus of my life. I know that I need a system where I can go on auto-pilot for it to be sustainable. Maybe then I'm out of luck. I've seen some users report that PH can help achieve results even if you're in a calorie deficit.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
My macros are ~250g of Protein, 50-70g Fat and the balance will be carbs so that figure fluctuates depending on goals.

Why not download MyFitnessPal and weigh and log your foods for two or three weeks to see what you are actually consuming and maybe you could eyeball from there.

Maybe start at 2500 and adjust from there

popchris

Awards
My macros are ~250g of Protein, 50-70g Fat and the balance will be carbs so that figure fluctuates depending on goals.

Why not download MyFitnessPal and weigh and log your foods for two or three weeks to see what you are actually consuming and maybe you could eyeball from there.

I guess so. I have tracked my food before and believe that I do eyeball successfully. I have been losing weight the past two months (with the exception of yesterday), so my estimates of what I'm eating can't be far off.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
10lbs in 2 months would suggest you are eating approximately 600 - 650 kcal deficit, I would be surprised if your maintenance would be in the low 2000s at your current weight unless of course you have an under active thyroid or another medical issue

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Tried to tell him the same thing, OP feels that starving himself is somehow an option to gain weight

He has all the necessary tools to make the proper change it now comes down to actually doing it and restoring his tanked metabolism

I am sorry but if you are 6'1 and 210 pounds eating 1500 calories no Supplement will help you. That is so low it is scary. You will get 0 lean gains on 1500 Kcals regardless of what pill or powder you are using .

Before you look into supplements you need to fix your diet, no supplements helps a poor diet. Someone at 1500 at your size is a recipe for disaster. I would start at 2500 if you want to get any kind of gains and adjust based off the mirror and scale .

Your multi is fine I would suggest a fishoil (oximega) and take 4 caps a day for 2-3G of EPA/DHA.

5g of creatine (any monohydrate) on training days no need to load or cycle.

And a Whey protein to help reach protein intake.
Nobody at your weight and height should ever get that low unless your 2 weeks out from a show and are killing drastic measures to lose weight. Something that low over long periods of
Time could lead to a huge drop in testosterone and health problems from such a caloric deficit

popchris

Awards
This guys a troll. How has no one picked up on that? If he is serious, he needs counseling bc he has a sever eating disorder.
Severe eating disorder? 1,500 cals is THE most common target for diets. You can argue it's not a good one or that it isn't appropriate for my size, but please don't act like it's extreme or that I am trolling. I'm flabby and trying to lose weight, gain muscle and energy. I came here looking for advice as there's a serious information overload with fitness/nutrition and there's so much garbage science out there that it's hard to wade through the mire to figure out what's legitimate.

I haven't argued with anyone in this thread or tried to rile up anyone (unlike you). If you're convinced that I'm a troll then the best course of action is to not hit reply on this thread. Thanks.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
1500 kcals will be well below your BMR which will cause you no end of hormonal problems, I understand that you are concerned with fat gain but unless you have a medical issue I really would be surprised if you gained fat at 2500 but if you are concerned then maybe start at 2000 and again go from there.

What is you typical training routine and what do you generally eat on a typical day?

popchris

Awards
1500 kcals will be well below your BMR which will cause you no end of hormonal problems, I understand that you are concerned with fat gain but unless you have a medical issue I really would be surprised if you gained fat at 2500 but if you are concerned then maybe start at 200 and again go from there.

What is you typical training routine and what do you generally eat on a typical day?
Well yesterday I did chest/tris and today I did back/bis. I only drink coffee and water before the workout. I don't eat before noon (which has allowed me to eat 1,500 cals comfortably). Then at noon I'll have low-carb protein powder with 1.5-2 cups almond milk. That's roughly 200 calories. Then I may have a quest bar (another 200 calories). Then I pig out at dinner and have like 2 cups of rice/sweet potato, with steak/chicken/some meat and veggies. I'll use hot sauce on my food. That's a typical day and it most likely works out to less than 1,500 calories. But if you add in a "cheat day" once or twice a week (which may be around 2,000 calories) or some days where my lunch is leftovers (probably around 1,800 calories a day), then you get a 1,500 calorie a day average.

EDIT: You'll get confused. The diet is what I've been eating before I started weightlifting. It's what I've been doing the last 6-7 weeks. Today, after my workout, I ate beef with rice because I felt so fatigued/weak (around 700 calories--I looked it up on restaurant website).

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Are you training fasted in the morning or in the evening?

How many sets and exercises do you typically do?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Itll take maybe an hour initially to look up the macro values of the foods you are wishing to eat week-to-week, then 10mins each nite after that to track.

Thats hardly "making food the central focus" of your life. Your biggest outlay (investment) of time will be the initial calculations and modifications. But lettuce be cereal, that will stil only be the temporal equivalent of jacking off to the latest pornhub upload.

popchris

Awards
Training fasted around 11AM (just for this week. I start a new job next Monday and then it will be in the evening.)

4-5 exercises (3 sets, 8-12 reps) for each muscle group.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Severe eating disorder? 1,500 cals is THE most common target for diets. You can argue it's not a good one or that it isn't appropriate for my size, but please don't act like it's extreme or that I am trolling. I'm flabby and trying to lose weight, gain muscle and energy. I came here looking for advice as there's a serious information overload with fitness/nutrition and there's so much garbage science out there that it's hard to wade through the mire to figure out what's legitimate.

I haven't argued with anyone in this thread or tried to rile up anyone (unlike you). If you're convinced that I'm a troll then the best course of action is to not hit reply on this thread. Thanks.
No you came here for advice and then make up excuses as to why you won't or can't follow any of the GREAT advice that has been given to you. You just want someone to tell you that you can eat 1500 calories and still lose weight, gain muscle, and increase your energy, and you're going to waste everyone's time until you get an answer along those lines.

Here, let me save everyone who has been nice enough to respond some time and energy. Hey, OP, you're on a great track. Keep eating 1500 calories and training how you are you'll be well on your way to losing fat while at the same time gaining muscle and increasing your energy!

There, now you can rest easy.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Just for this week then I would suggest you add more carbs to your midday meal

popchris

Awards
No you came here for advice and then make up excuses as to why you won't or can't follow any of the GREAT advice that has been given to you. You just want someone to tell you that you can eat 1500 calories and still lose weight, gain muscle, and increase your energy, and you're going to waste everyone's time until you get an answer along those lines.

Here, let me save everyone who has been nice enough to respond some time and energy. Hey, OP, you're on a great track. Keep eating 1500 calories and training how you are you'll be well on your way to losing fat while at the same time gaining muscle and increasing your energy!

There, now you can rest easy.
Actually, I'm quite appreciative of people responding to my post and giving me advice. I think I said quite a few times in my replies that I'll re-examine my goals given the information I received. What I don't need is a bunch of See You Next Tuesdays coming in here and acting as if I wasted their time, that I am not serious or that I'm trolling because I'm trying to limit my calories so that I don't gain fat.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Actually, I'm quite appreciative of people responding to my post and giving me advice. I think I said quite a few times in my replies that I'll re-examine my goals given the information I received. What I don't need is a bunch of See You Next Tuesdays coming in here and acting as if I wasted their time, that I am not serious or that I'm trolling because I'm trying to limit my calories so that I don't gain fat.
Your limiting your calories and doing so right now your doing more harm then good.
IT has been stated by MULTIPLE people your calories are too low. Keeping that low is going to lead to long term health and hormone problems.
Do you really want to go see a doctor when your testosterone levels tank? Probably not.
Do you want to be placed on hormone replacement therapy because you think eating 1500 calories is smart? Probably not

Your caloric energy balance is so low right now that you will never gain size or strength no matter how much you tell yourself. Your so stuck in your ways you are refusing change. Again you have all the information in front of you, to add calories because right now your not doing any good.

Again you can sit here and argue everyone, but when everyone is telling you what to do, the only thing you are giving us is excuses and validation to keep on doing what your doing.

Again go as you please, we gave you the proper things you need to do, the thing you need to address is your nutrition and eating a lot more. What your doing to your body is not at all benefical, it won't help your goal, and in the long run will just lead to long term problems.

Continue as you please, but if you do decide to take our advice you can report back in 2 weeks with an elevated intake, better performance, on the path to restoring your metabolism, and also on the way to your goal. We can only lead you to the well, and we can only put the ball in your hands. You just need to flip the switch in your head to change for the good.

i suggest you watch these because this is what you will end up doing to yourself

[video=youtube;QHHzie6XRGk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHHzie6XRGk[/video]
[video=youtube;EY1DsZMNfNw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY1DsZMNfNw&list=PLnPAPdT4m_g8cZtYQW3JNbFw K9Fix-gFC&index=2[/video]
[video=youtube;hw3kfRkqVWU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw3kfRkqVWU&index=3&list=PLnPAPdT4m_g8cZtYQW3JNbFw K9Fix-gFC[/video]

- Increase your calories
- control your input by adding in portion since you dont track calories
Slowly keep adding until you see a better change in the mirror and scale to start putting on LEAN mass which will take time and effort.

popchris

Awards
The last two days, as I've said, I've eaten more due to the comments in this thread (not as much as people are suggesting, but a few hundred calories more). I've also been looking at 1-andro and downloaded MyFitnessPal as people suggested. So I'm not arguing with everyone. All I know is that if I do eat more I will gain fat, so I have to now have to re-consider everything. Either I'll have to accept that I cannot weight lift, or I'll have to consider taking something like a PH to ensure I don't gain fat when I'm eating more calories (of course, there's side effects with PHs that I also want to avoid). These are all the things I now have to consider to see what makes sense.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The last two days, as I've said, I've eaten more due to the comments in this thread (not as much as people are suggesting, but a few hundred calories more). I've also been looking at 1-andro and downloaded MyFitnessPal as people suggested. So I'm not arguing with everyone. All I know is that if I do eat more I will gain fat, so I have to now have to re-consider everything. Either I'll have to accept that I cannot weight lift, or I'll have to consider taking something like a PH to ensure I don't gain fat when I'm eating more calories (of course, there's side effects with PHs that I also want to avoid). These are all the things I now have to consider to see what makes sense.
taking drugs, prohoromones, pills, and powdres doesn't mean you will make progress.
It has been stated in here NUMEROUS times. Unless your diet and training are in check those won't do jack for you man.
Anyone can inject themself with drugs, anyone can take OTC PH's. That does not correlate to making progress. Especially if you think you will at being in such a severe deficit.

Throw all the supplements out the window until you fix your diet. That is your biggest problem. Spending money on supplement is a lost cause at this point you need to fix your metabolism and get your body back in check before considering tossing anything down your throat besides more food.

Nobody will advise you to take any PH, any supplement becuase you can't supplement a bad diet. I don't know how many times it has to be said. Don't even think about any supplements besides your basics (Creatine, whey, fishoil and multi).

Once you start eating, and once you start making progress and fix the BIG Issue (which is over 90% of the puzzle) then maybe a few months down the line you can consider it. But for now. Its a waste.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Why do you think you cannot weight lift? You just need to find your maintenance level and then add 200-300 kcals on to that figure, train hard and it will all fall into place.

popchris

Awards
taking drugs, prohoromones, pills, and powdres doesn't mean you will make progress.
It has been stated in here NUMEROUS times. Unless your diet and training are in check those won't do jack for you man.
Anyone can inject themself with drugs, anyone can take OTC PH's. That does not correlate to making progress. Especially if you think you will at being in such a severe deficit.

Throw all the supplements out the window until you fix your diet. That is your biggest problem. Spending money on supplement is a lost cause at this point you need to fix your metabolism and get your body back in check before considering tossing anything down your throat besides more food.

Nobody will advise you to take any PH, any supplement becuase you can't supplement a bad diet. I don't know how many times it has to be said. Don't even think about any supplements besides your basics (Creatine, whey, fishoil and multi).

Once you start eating, and once you start making progress and fix the BIG Issue (which is over 90% of the puzzle) then maybe a few months down the line you can consider it. But for now. Its a waste.
No, I'm not saying if I take PH I'll become superman. I mean I need some way to ensure that eating the amount people are saying I need (e.g., 2500-3000 cals) will not lead to me putting on fat. I think a PH will decrease that likelihood, am I right?