Clear Muscle Vs Muscletor? (HMB-FA in liquid vs Powder.)

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
We all know clear Muscle from Muscletech being HMB-FA and all.
I have tried it on a sale here in Sweden and thought i hade some results from it during my cut.
However when not on sale here it's expensive (60$ a bottle :( ) = not worth it.

Though i just buy regular HMB-CA and go on with my day but then i found this:
https://m-nutrition.fi/en/tuotteet/tuoteryhmat/innovatiiviset-tuotteet/
(Check the one named Muscletor) They say they are the first manufacture in EU that makes HMB-FA.

Ordered two bottles for the price of one clear muscle but now to my question.

The caps in Clear Muscle is liquid (a gel) and this it the form HMB-FA is contained in from what i understand.
The caps in Muscletor however is still in powder form like regular HMB-CA.

Can HMB-FA exist in a powder from or is liquid the only true from it can exist in?

Ursa Major

Awards
I message muscletech and the response I have is "Hey Ashley, HMB-FA is only available in liquid form, and is only available by license from Metabolic Technologies. The product above is a scam."

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Danes has been trying to get some answers from the manufacturer for a while now. I don't think they have gotten back to him.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We all know clear Muscle from Muscletech being HMB-FA and all.
I have tried it on a sale here in Sweden and thought i hade some results from it during my cut.
However when not on sale here it's expensive (60$ a bottle :( ) = not worth it.

Though i just buy regular HMB-CA and go on with my day but then i found this:
https://m-nutrition.fi/en/tuotteet/tuoteryhmat/innovatiiviset-tuotteet/
(Check the one named Muscletor) They say they are the first manufacture in EU that makes HMB-FA.

Ordered two bottles for the price of one clear muscle but now to my question.

The caps in Clear Muscle is liquid (a gel) and this it the form HMB-FA is contained in from what i understand.
The caps in Muscletor however is still in powder form like regular HMB-CA.

Can HMB-FA exist in a powder from or is liquid the only true from it can exist in?
There is no Powder HMB FA. Those who make powder HMB FA are scammers. Free acid is liquid and Muscle tech used Betator which is Liquid!

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
Mailing the company from were i bought the product for a refund.

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
They are idiots!
Yea. Told them that hmb-fa only comes in liquid form and how they can stock a product that in this case clearly is fake. Tasted the powder and it taste like regular hmb. Told them i also want return their atp-pro from the same brand as they are not to be trusted.

Should demand compensation for my time as well...

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hmm, possibly ironic that Muscletech judges other companies to be "scammers"...

OP, have you tried taking 4-6gms hmbCA pre workout, as a powder in water? Ill be surprised if such a tactic doesnt give you results on par with Clear Muscle.

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
Hmm, possibly ironic that Muscletech judges other companies to be "scammers"...

OP, have you tried taking 4-6gms hmbCA pre workout, as a powder in water? Ill be surprised if such a tactic doesnt give you results on par with Clear Muscle.
Have tried regular hmb-ca before with good resultat during cutting. Reason i tried Muscletech clear muscle was that it was on sale and costed me about the same as regular hmb-ca would here in Sweden.
But the point here is that the company in question is saying that they got HMB-FA in Muscletor but since HMB-FA does not exist in powder form (and their caps have powder in them) what are in the caps? Regular HMB-CA? Still a good price then but they claim that it's HMB-FA witch it cant be cause HMB-FA only comes in gel/liquid form = I can't know what is in the caps. Sure i can taste but that is no real indicator what it can be.

So this is no HMB-CA vs HMB-FA thread just to make that clear (no pun intended).

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea. Told them that hmb-fa only comes in liquid form and how they can stock a product that in this case clearly is fake. Tasted the powder and it taste like regular hmb. Told them i also want return their atp-pro from the same brand as they are not to be trusted.

Should demand compensation for my time as well...
I agree! I need to laugh how stupid they are.

pro45

Awards
I take 4 grams HMB CA and 5 grams creatine mono each day and this is my favorite natural anabolic combo. No need to cycle off, either.

nico101

Awards
I tried that muscle tech hmb fa stack they were pushing. Got zero results.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried that muscle tech hmb fa stack they were pushing. Got zero results.
Ofcourse you got zero results.

1. People think the supplement will do the work.
2. Supplement cant substitute poor diet or workout routine.
3. HMB FA is best suited for those who are overreaching. Not for those who workout 2-4 times weekly with low set range. It will be waste of money.

I have tried many and I mean MANY supplements but HMB FA is one of few compounds that I really liked. The recovery was really good and I could train and push harder with it. Tried the same workout routine without it and I felt my CNS didnt liked it. (Tried 3 times).

The only negative is the price

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

3. HMB FA is best suited for those who are overreaching. Not for those who workout 2-4 times weekly with low set range. It will be waste of money.

I have tried many and I mean MANY supplements but HMB FA is one of few compounds that I really liked. The recovery was really good and I could train and push harder with it. Tried the same workout routine without it and I felt my CNS didnt liked it. (Tried 3 times).

Clear Muscle 168 caps for $41.50, is that a good price.

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
Got an ansqer from the producer of muscletor asking them about why they claim that it contains hmb-fa even though it is in a powder form and the answer I got was this.

"This is due to the fact that MuscleTech has a patent for the liquid form HMB-FA. If I remember correct, it will run out at the end of this year, so after that we may also be able to produce the liquid form versions in our factories. But for now, and the time before, it has been impossible to produce the liquid form versions due to this fact. But it has no effect on the usability, and indeed the product is in Free Acid form no matter the difference in the form of the product. We actually had one of the leading sports physiology scientists in Finland do a test with this product two years ago, and it turned out great."

What do you guys make of this?
The company I bought it from is on of the leading supplement shops in Sweden so a refund should not be an issue.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got an ansqer from the producer of muscletor asking them about why they claim that it contains hmb-fa even though it is in a powder form and the answer I got was this.

"This is due to the fact that MuscleTech has a patent for the liquid form HMB-FA. If I remember correct, it will run out at the end of this year, so after that we may also be able to produce the liquid form versions in our factories. But for now, and the time before, it has been impossible to produce the liquid form versions due to this fact. But it has no effect on the usability, and indeed the product is in Free Acid form no matter the difference in the form of the product. We actually had one of the leading sports physiology scientists in Finland do a test with this product two years ago, and it turned out great."

What do you guys make of this?
The company I bought it from is on of the leading supplement shops in Sweden so a refund should not be an issue.
Its lie !
1.They never responded to my email because I was detailed! Free Acid = Liquid!

2. Muscletech has a patent for the liquid HMB FA ?Huh? BetaTOR is owned by Metabolic Technologies, Inc. !

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
Its lie !
They never responded to my email because I was detailed! Free Acid = Liquid!
I also have sent an e-mail to Metabolic Technologies who from what I understand holds the patents for HMB I all forms asking them what they make of this.

Will be interesting seeing their answer.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also have sent an e-mail to Metabolic Technologies who from what I understand holds the patents for HMB I all forms asking them what they make of this.

Will be interesting seeing their answer.
I know the answer. They will write its only liquid form of it.

I have also seen companies selling PA products for just 15$ (each cap containing 750mg PA). EU supplement companies are worst

nico101

Awards

Of course you make assumptions. Training and diet were spot on. 20 yrs experience, lifting 4x/wk, 500cal/day surplus. Didn't gain anything more than I have in past identical bulks. ie; waste of money. Everyone is different though. Creatine doesn't do **** for me either.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Of course you make assumptions. Training and diet were spot on. 20 yrs experience, lifting 4x/wk, 500cal/day surplus. Didn't gain anything more than I have in past identical bulks. ie; waste of money. Everyone is different though. Creatine doesn't do **** for me either.
So what has worked for you.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HMB is best suited for overreaching phases, or periods of increased training volume and/or frequency. If you weren't taking advantage of this and increasing your volume/frequency, it's unlikely that you'll notice anything from HMB. It's not really "anabolic" but "anti-catabolic," which can allow you to train more/longer/etc, which can lead to better progress. It's conditionally beneficial IMO.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HMB is best suited for overreaching phases, or periods of increased training volume and/or frequency. If you weren't taking advantage of this and increasing your volume/frequency, it's unlikely that you'll notice anything from HMB. It's not really "anabolic" but "anti-catabolic," which can allow you to train more/longer/etc, which can lead to better progress. It's conditionally beneficial IMO.
HMBca and/or HMBfa and how much should you take prior to your workout.

nico101

Awards
So what has worked for you.
Supplement wise? Not much. Diet, progressive load, rest. That's about all that's ever worked for me. Not a fan of stims so I can't really speak for those.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This!

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Unless in a state of caloric deficit or the low side of periodization, all training should this be this way. Progressive load is key to growth.
Do you take HMB after your workout? I took 3mg about an hour before my workout.

nico101

Awards
I took it 3 times per day as per the muscletech protocol. As mentioned earlier, I didn't see any results.

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Always found this product to be very interesting. I take zero days off a week from working out and also work a physically fatiguing job. Wonder if this would be beneficial to me

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Leaving guessing out of the equation just got two bottles (168 count) for 49.99 with one day shipping.

bonbon

bonbon

Awards
Danes do you think free acid has any benefits compared to calcium bound HMB that justifies 10 times higher price per gram?