Any harm in whey sitting in water?

1. Any harm in whey sitting in water?

Is there any problem with mixing whey protein up w/ water or milk and letting it sit for a couple days? I would think not, but I'd hate to waste it.

2. Shouldnt be a problem as long as you keep it in the fridge.

BP

3. I mix about 12 scoops with water in a blender and put it in a pitcher..... Last me about 6 days. Never had a problem.
    •   

4. Back when I used EAS, I asked them the same question. Their reply was 24 hours max, due to potential bacteria growth. If I'm going somewhere I wont be able to use a blender or shaker, I'll pack the water and put single servings in ziplock bags to use as needed.

5. heres a link to another board with similar question:
    http://mysource.sourcestudios.com/id...F4D0F1D8E2A628

6. It is an excellent media for bacteria to grow in.

7. I just e-mailed Ultimate Nutrition to see if it's a problem. I hope not, seeing I've been doing it for 7 months.

8. Every company I talked to has said the same thing... even as far as going to say a half a day. My advice.. don't risk it.

Why are you mixing it up and keeping it in the fridge for so long? Out of convience or what? I don't see any reason as to why you wouldn't be able to mix single servings. Or as mentioned keep in ziplock sandwich bags and role some paper up as a funnel and put in a water bottle. Do it every day at work before I head to the gym.

9. Why are you mixing it up and keeping it in the fridge for so long? Out of convience or what?...... Yes, I have a mixer cup but it seems every time I shake the **** up, it always has clumps in it.... I don't know if it's because of the kind I buy, or all whey will clump up when you mix it in a cup.... I really shake the **** out of it for at least 30-40 sec.

10. Does your shaker have a screen to break the clumps up? Try letting it sit for 5 or so minutes and shake every 30 seconds.

11. Thanks, I'll give it a try.

12. Out of curiousity, what brand are you using?

And to re-word what I was saying... In that 5 minutes, shake every 30 or 45 seconds.

13. Every time i leave whey sitting in some shaker, it starts to stink.

Even if i wash out the shake, the smell doesnt goes off (lost 4 shaker bottles)

14. Quote Originally Posted by JonesersRX7
    Out of curiousity, what brand are you using?

And to re-word what I was saying... In that 5 minutes, shake every 30 or 45 seconds.
    Ultimate Nutrition.... http://www.ultimatenutrition.com/cat...ein/index.html

15. protein breaks down in solution. I dont think anymore than a few hours its " most beneficial". It wont kill you but Whey in water is not like whole food protein sources.
  16. Unhappy

This is the e-mail I just received.

Hi Jim,

I am so glad you enjoy our Whey Supreme! You can mix enough to drink
    throughout the day (refridgerated), however I would not leave any till next
    day or longer. As you correctly stated, microorganisms may grow.

Best Regards,

Julia

What the hell have I been growing in my stomach this past 6-7 months.

Similar Forum Threads

1. At what rate does Whey degrade in water?
    By Madevilz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-07-2013, 11:13 AM
  2. The fat in whey protein
    By DazzlinJack in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 08:32 AM
  3. Are There Any Lawyers or Law Students in the house
    By dirtysouthmuscl in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-29-2006, 10:38 PM
  4. do you soak in hot or cold water