Is -Epic just green tea?

Toff

Awards
  • Established
...And do they know it? Hence why most companies are dropping it?

Can we get this, bull somewhere else and still get any benefits.

Thanks

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
-(-)Epicatechin is a constituent of Green Tea, Chocolate, etc... It is extracted solo or incorporated into products. Yes, there is bulk -(-)Epi - the now defunct Powder City had some. As far as your product reference (If I got the right one) notice the bottom where it says "Standardized to 95% -(-)Epicatechin" - so no, it's not just Green Tea.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
-(-)Epicatechin is a constituent of Green Tea, Chocolate, etc... It is extracted solo or incorporated into products. Yes, there is bulk -(-)Epi - the now defunct Powder City had some. As far as your product reference (If I got the right one) notice the bottom where it says "Standardized to 95% -(-)Epicatechin" - so no, it's not just Green Tea.
do we know roughly what percentage of epi would be in green tea extract say based on 100mg capsule

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
There may be some downsides to that much Green Tea - check Suppversity - IIRC high dose *may* mess with sex hormones, but check.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
so if i took ecgc tablets, which work out roughly 8 cups of coffee, id be getting a good hit?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
TBH i think its a case of supplement companies just dont know what to bring out next to entice us to spend our money and line their pockets

They know that we are all "hungry" for a muscular physique , none more so than the novice who has just taken up training and tap into that .Due to the hype and publicity (see this page alone follidrone)we tend to forget products that have a proven track record such as creatine , beta-alanine etc.,not to mention the 3 basic fundamentals, nutrition, training and recovery

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you figure out how much epi is in caoca powder.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will buy 2 pounds a green tea powder and see what happens in the gym.

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
You will get huuuuge and the endurance from the catechins will enable you to workout for 7 hours a day

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bought 4 pounds of Cacao Powder for 32 bucks with shipping, had some lightning deal on amazon just now.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Bought 4 pounds of Cacao Powder for 32 bucks with shipping, had some lightning deal on amazon just now.
i use it as a pre workout , 2 heaped teaspoons along with a strip of 90 percent dark chocolate which i melt with boiling water.you can add to that a teaspoon of caffeinated coffee granuals.i find it a gentle energy boost with no crash and the stim effect is mild but enough to keep you focused.and feel good

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i use it as a pre workout , 2 heaped teaspoons along with a strip of 90 percent dark chocolate which i melt with boiling water.you can add to that a teaspoon of caffeinated coffee granuals.i find it a gentle energy boost with no crash and the stim effect is mild but enough to keep you focused.and feel good
My super stack pre workout...

2 teaspoons of cacao powder
20g of amylopectin with chromium
A half scoop of whey protein
1 cup of coffee

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tell me this isn't true? If that's a case, no one should support any company which has done this.

Honestly repackaging Green tea extract and charging 5x the amount is criminal. Definitely not a company/companies I'd like to support if that's how dodge they are.

Let's not forget, the special absorbion packages to make it more effective ?