Fitness forums

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Hey y'all,

Other than AM, which is phenomenal, what other forums do you recommend?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I honestly spend more time here than anywhere else lol

ECWHY

Awards
I was on BB.com more before I found AM but lately have noticed I'm spending a ton more time here.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
I was on BB.com more before I found AM but lately have noticed I'm spending a ton more time here.
I completely agree. Anabolic Minds is definitely the best but I'm curious what other forums are decent. As far as fitness information/insight go I enjoy having multiple sources.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
I also figure that more forums = more logging opportunities! I tend to miss out on a lot of the ones here unfortunately but I'm yearning to log product(s)!

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Swole Source

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Anabolic Minds > all

On many, many levels.
The mobile app is a big boost for us too, ease of access 24/7 from anywhere.

The only people seeing benefit on other forums IMO are the guys after illegals, or discussion against our rules here.

BB isn't even comparable as a store-based forum. And our community is much friendlier, closer, more helpful, etc...

Alan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lyle McDonald's forum:

monkeyislandDOTlylemcdonaldDOTcom

It's relatively inactive these days, but if you don't mind just spending time looking through the various diet and training sub-forums, there is a wealth of great information available.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Lyle's website is an easier starting point, and that man shares a lot of his thoughts (both random and immensely scientific) on his Facebook

I'm feeling like this whole thread is an awkward topic though

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
AM is a unique board. Been in a few others but the rss feed on my phone is set up solely for AM threads.

BB?? It is a sin to even mention it in the same phrase with AM.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
AM is the best by far. You can find some good info on the bb.com site but the forums i wouldn't trust as far as information from members goes.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Anywhere that you can go to their supplement section, bash the shjt out of all the bogus supplements, and not get banned as long as you follow the rules.

Only place I know of, is HERE on AM :D

Why would you want to go anywhere else, are you retired with a ton of free time? :D

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Anywhere that you can go to their supplement section, bash the shjt out of all the bogus supplements, and not get banned as long as you follow the rules.

Only place I know of, is HERE on AM :D

Why would you want to go anywhere else, are you retired with a ton of free time? :D
No I just like hearing opinions and reading the articles here. After reading them and the threads I find interesting, I feel it'd be nice to have additional sources for articles/studies/etc. There's no question AM is the best but I'm an article/study/fitness junky. Probably from being a scientist. More info the better

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
This is the only forum I use and interact on. I have made real friends on here and I enjoy my interaction.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol ^^

AM is my fav and I've been on A LOT of different forums! Lol

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Thank for all the insight! I guess if I get the craving for additional science I can peruse over at pubmed.

Devonkev

Awards
I can't understand what the **** everyone talks about on BB.com. It like a load of kids making up new words to make themselves feel like they're in a cool gang or something. It's not very welcoming.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
+copy/paste answers to everything from a good deal of members, makes it feel like a spam board more than a helpful community.

+reps playing mods

Take a newbie newly joining here vs. there coming in asking a "stupid question"

I would put money on the community responses being more welcoming and helpful overall from here.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
+copy/paste answers to everything from a good deal of members, makes it feel like a spam board more than a helpful community.

+reps playing mods

Take a newbie newly joining here vs. there coming in asking a "stupid question"

I would put money on the community responses being more welcoming and helpful overall from here.
I completely agree. Everyone here has been really helpful and considerate. It's also nice that there aren't many people who are egotistical here. Definitely agree though. I guess if anything I'd just like to read articles from other sources as well, after I finish the current AM newsletter and all which I absolutely love

andrewski48

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Suppversity has some good reads. Alan Aragon's Research Journal is also another good option from what I have been told. Thinking about asking for it my upcoming birthday.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BB.com is completely dead. It used to be a HOT spot for discussions and spicy threads. You used to be able to visit the forums (supplement) and get like 3 pages of new topics, now you log in and see 3 or 4 new topics every couple days.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
BB.com is completely dead. It used to be a HOT spot for discussions and spicy threads. You used to be able to visit the forums (supplement) and get like 3 pages of new topics, now you log in and see 3 or 4 new topics every couple days.
Yeah I completely agree, it's kinda a shame to be honest. Thank god for AM though!