LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
tapatalk_1491311809512.jpeg

With the Peanut Butter Cookie Select protein insider dropping soon we have compiled our early reviews. Here is what our early testers are responding with across the boards.

If you haven't already signed up for our insiders please do so here:

https://pescience.com/insider

As all of our loyal customers already know we have top notch flavoring on all our products and Peanut Butter Cookie Select has followed suit. Be sure to stock your shelves with our unbeatable initial launch insider price.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reviews:

Big shoutout to KBayne and PEScience for sending me a tub of this magical treat! Im a huge fan of Select Protein and this new flavor did not disappoint.

Profile- 23g protein, 1g fat, 4g of carbs, and 3g of sugar. Im not a big stickler for the amount of carbs/sugar in a protein powder profile so that is fine with me. The amount of protein and fat are on point and I am also fine with. All in all I am happy with the profile.
10/10

Flavor- Peanut Butter Cookie: This flavor is officially my new favorite peanut butter flavored protein powder. At first sip it reminded me of a Nutter Butter and when I tried the second sip it was the same so I knew it wasnt just a fluke. I could honestly drink this flavor all day.
Frosted Chocolate Cupcake: This flavor is my favorite chocolate flavor and has been for a while now. It tastes just like a chocolate milkshake.
Both of these flavors are in my number 1 spots right now and I dont know if they can be dethroned in the future at all.
10/10 for both

Mixability- They both mix very well and are similar in consistency to a milkshake, especially Frosted Chocolate Cupcake. I had no issues with clumping at all and both went down smoothly.
9/10

Select has become one of my favorite protein powders as of late and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a quality product.

First and foremost thank you to PES and Kbayne for generously sending me out a sample to try out (well actually 7 samples ;))

Forgot to grab a picture yesterday so had to steal another one posted

I will state that I have had 1 chance to try this out so far but will post another update after a few more uses. So lets get this ball rolling.......

Profile- Easily a 10/10 here: 23g protein, 1g fat, 4g of carbs, and 3g of sugar. Profile is well rounded and might I add the fact that I can trust what is on the label is in the product. This fact right here has kept PES Select in my rotation of proteins since they first launched.

Flavor- 9/10: Let me start this portion of the review out by stating that I am not a huge peanut butter protein fan and most of them have a very chemical/artificial taste to me. PES,however, did a fantastic job with this one. I have seen others mention this flavor reminds them of a nutter butter and I feel that description hit the nail on the head. It is really well done and not overpowering like alot of PB proteins.

Mixability- 10/10: First off, I used a Ninja so I instantly cheated this category :D. I will try using the traditional shaker method tonight to get a better feel for this portion of the review. But 1.5 scoops, 14oz 2% milk, 5 ice cubes produced a great shake. 15 secs in the Ninja was no match and produced a great shake with no clumps or weird consistency.

Smell- 8/10: Upon first opening I took a big wiff and thought it smelled really good. Took another wiff when I made my shake and it was a bit overpowering, just a weird observation lol. Once mixed it smelled completely fine and mind you the taste was kick ass ;)

I have always used and enjoyed Select and always have a few tubs on hand. While this flavor in particular is not something I would regularly consume I do plan on picking up a 2lber and having a shake or 2 a week.

First off, I would like to thank KBayne for sending me a 7 serving tub of this new flavor. It was great to try it out especially with the insider likely heading out this week.

I was comparing this flavor to a protein I have purchased a lot of, Syntha-6 Peanut Butter Cookie which is one of my favorite flavors.

The flavor itself reminded me of an actual peanut butter cookie, not as sweet as Syntha6 but a real PBC isn't. The peanut butter flavor was similar to their Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup minus the chocolate of course. You could taste a bit of sugar cookie in it which would make up the flavor as advertised. My wife enjoyed it which is hard to do, she dislikes most protein powders she tries.

Flavor 9.5/10. I still like FCC and CPBC better but not by a lot. This one ranks up their and I will be purchasing. My Select lineup goes
FCC>CPBC>PBC>WCM>all others that I really don't buy.

Mixing 9/10. Mixed better than other Select flavors. No small clumps that I get sometimes but seems to be less with their newer choices. I used 8oz water in a blender bottle and it came out great. Some was stuck to the sides but I would say that's more due to the thickness of the powder being a blend.

Overall this is a great addition to the Select lineup and worth buying a tub. I was hoping for some different new choices but they knocked this out. Macros are as good as always, 120kcals and 24g protein in a blend.

Thank you again Kbayne and Pes.
Shout out to kbayne and PES for sending me a sample of the new flavor. I was one of the very lucky people who were able to try the PES protein flavor. Presumably because I guessed the flavor on one of the threads.

Macros: 10/10
120 calories
Fat:1.5 g
Carb:3g
Protein:24g
These are pretty standard macros for any protein but for the taste the macros are amazing.

Smell: 5/10
Ok before everyone gets mad please hear me out. When I first opened the package I was expecting a scent similar to Nutter Butters or maybe PB2. What I got was something completely different. Although there is a slight peanut butter scent there is an overwhelming chemical smell. Maybe all peanut butter flavored protein smell like this or maybe I got a bad batch but the smell was a little off putting. However after mixing it the shake smelled fine but the initial smell was strange to say the least. For the initial smell I'm going to have to knock off some points. Sorry PES :(

Mixability:9/10
I mixed the shake with around 8oz of 2% milk. There was a little but of foaming but other than that it mixed perfectly.

Taste:20/10
HOLY SHIIITTT. This is hands down my favorite flavor from PES and maybe my new favorite protein. It taste like a nutter butter milkshake. Enough said.

Overall 9/10
An overall amazing protein other than the smell of the powder. Will definitely buy when it comes out.
PES nailed it again! Thanks KBayne and PES for hooking me up with a sample tub. Blended up 2 scoops with cashew milk and ice and taste is 10/10. It's light and refreshing with a great PB taste. Will definitely be picking up a few tubs if not the max on the insider :D. If you like PB you will love this flavor!

Thanks to KBayne and PES for letting me get my hands on this AMAZING tub!

Taste: 9.5/10 PES has always had some of the best flavoring in their protein and this flavor is no exception. It has a perfect refreshing peanut butter taste. Not too overpowering, but not too light on the PB flavor either. If you like PB you will love PBC! So far I've tried PBC blended with cashew milk, mixed with cashew milk in a shaker, and mixed with water in a shaker. Blended with cashew milk was by far my favorite, the shake had a great consistency as I've always found in the past with their protein. PBC did not disappoint when mixed with water either. Some proteins I've gone through just don't taste as good in water, but PBC was quite delicious in water and cashew milk.

Mixability: 10/10 PES Select always mixes up great. A few shakes in a shaker and it's well mixed with no clumping.

Macros: 10/10 Besides the awesome flavoring the macros of Select have always been another reason I love this protein. At 120 calories a serving with only 1.5g of carbs and 3g of fat this profile is great if you're on a cut or eat keto like me.

Overall: 9.9/10 All around great protein, the only reason I didn't give it a perfect 10 is because it's not my favorite tasting Select flavor. I just confirmed this after I had a FCC shake a few minutes ago :D
Thanks to KBayne and PES for sending me a tub of Select Peanut Butter Cookie to try.

Profile: A blend of milk protein isolate and whey protein concentrate providing 120 calories with 24g protein, 3g carbs, and 1.5g fat.

Aroma: When I opened the tub it smelled like a bakery peanut butter cookie, the kind with a sprinkle of sugar on top.

Mixability: Like the other Select flavors, the powder is light and fluffy, but doesn't fly all over when you scoop it.

No clumps when mixed in a shaker cup. I had some clumping with early tubs of other flavors but this seems to be much less common with the more recent flavors.

Taste: Very, very good. Tastes very much like the smell when opening the tub, a peanut butter cookie with sugar. I've never been a fan of peanut butter mixed in oatmeal but the extra sweetness from the cookie part of the flavor makes this great for oats. Also great in shakes. For me, 10 ounces of water/milk works better than the 8 ounces suggested on the label. I started with half milk and half water plus ice (the way I like to mix most of my shakes) and then dropped the amount of milk before trying it with just water and ice. Delicious no matter what. Compared to Protizyme peanut butter cookie the Select version is sweeter. I prefer Select.

I'm surprised by how much I like this flavor. I like peanut butter, but I don't love peanut butter the way some people do. I'd still rank Select CPB and FCC above it but its at least on par with Snickerdoodle and Vanilla for me.
First want to thank Ben, Kbayne, and PES for sending me a sample tub of the newest PES Select flavor, Peanut Butter Cookie.

I am a huge fan of PES Select and already use it everyday. Their most recent flavor, Frosted Chocolate Cupcake, was/is amazing so I had high hopes for Peanut Butter Cookie............and PES has delivered again!

So with the sample tub containing 7 scoops/servings, I wanted to try each serving a different way.

First up, typical 8oz of water with one scoop of PBC.
- Very rich PB taste, especially for water. Good strong flavor and mixed very well, as expected.

Next, 8oz of Fairlife milk with one scoop of PBC.

- Obviously, even stronger, richer taste with milk as expected given how good the flavor was in water. Mixed very well once again.

Next, 8oz of Chocolate Fairlife milk with one scoop of PBC

- Big fan of PES Select Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup as well and expected this combo to be similar but was pleasantly surprised by the stronger PB flavor. Great combo, great flavor.

Next, back to the water but with a twist, 12 oz of water with one scoop of PBC and 1 scoop Frosted Chocolate Cupcake.

- Absolutely love FCC, like so many others here on the boards, and this was a great combination. Similar to the chocolate milk and PBC but with a hint of the frosting from FCC. Very rich.

Next, PBC in Oats

- Love Proats, eat them almost everyday and was excited to try this combination. Flavor did not come through quite as strong as I expected but it was still very good. Definitely see plenty of baking applications for this flavor.

Last, PBC in Cream of Wheat

- This was by far my favorite combo, which is saying alot cause they were all very good, but this tasted like straight up warm peanut butter cookie dough. Again, as I said with the oats this flavor is perfect for cooking and look forward to using it again soon.

Overall, another great flavor from PES. I'll be honest I was alittle surprised when they announced the flavor considering they already had a Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor but they nailed this cookie flavor as well and it is a great addition to their lineup. I will definitely be taking advantage of the upcoming Insider deal and grabbing a tub.......or three. :D

Highly recommend you give this a try!

Thanks again to the PES team for the opportunity to try another great product!
[size=+1]

[size=+2] TASTE 11/10 [/size]

Having tried every flavor in the PEScience SELECT lineup, expectations were extremely high for the NEW Peanut Butter Cookie flavor. I mean c'mon, right?

Well, PES has done it again with Peanut Butter Cookie... this is their absolute best flavor, no question! This flavor tastes identical to a frozen peanut butter treat you'd get at the store. You need it in your protein arsenal ASAP!

Some early reviews suggested it tasted like a Nutter Butter, but I've never had one... so I can't comment on that taste comparison.

***Mixed w/ Cashew Milk

[size=+2] MIXABILITY 10/10 [/size]

As you can see from the above photo, it looks like milk. Absolutely no mix-ability issues, which is incredible considering it is a blend! Some other protein blends mix up extremely thick.

[size=+2] VALUE 9.5/10 [/size]

PEScience SELECT protein offers a unique value proposition - amazing taste at a VERY affordable price. Not only that, but it is third party verified so you know that the label is accurate. Having said that, it's extremely difficult to look elsewhere for your protein needs!

[/size]
Just tried PB Cookie with Oats. Holy mother of god is that good... :eek:

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
No question, I have to have this! PES flavoring is rediculous!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That insider though. Make sure to score in on this one. More reviews coming soon. :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I was sold the moment we heard from multiple reviewers that this tastes like Nutter Butters.

In for the many reviews that will be coming in soon!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
More reviews added.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I guess I'll have to get some of this. Is the insider still live?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Insider is live until Monday but at least the 27 serving sizes are being back ordered now

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Insider is live until Monday but at least the 27 serving sizes are being back ordered now
55 serving tubs for the savings price though equals +1 serving of the goodness at cost. Yeah buddy!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
20170409_212038.jpg

With oats. Yum!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

PES Peanut Butter Cookie Select

Video:
[video=youtube_share;LmAGh1KpaLY]http://youtu.be/LmAGh1KpaLY[/video]
https://youtu.be/LmAGh1KpaLY

Taste

Peanut Butter Cookie

The image on the select tub is of mini peanut butter cookies. Upon first taste you are immediately hit with the peanut butter flavoring. The PB flavoring is not as rich and dense as Metabolic PB Cookie , Gaspari PB Cookie, or Syntha 6 PB Cookie. If you take a PB2 or PB Lean powder enhance that with a bolder peanut butter flavor and that is what you are presented with. It is not a Peanut butter like you eat right out of a jar with a slightly salty aftertaste. What you do get from PES’s PB Cookie is a combination of marshmallow and a sense of a sweet sugar cookie in the aftertaste (which compliments the filling of the PB Cookie). I enjoyed this Peanut Butter variation over Peanut Butter Cup. If you like a “Sweeter” Peanut Butter flavor this will be right up your alley.

My Ranking of Select Flavors:
1. Vanilla
2. White Chocolate Mint
3. Peanut Butter Cookie
4. SnickerDoodle
5. Frosted Chocolate Cupcake
6. Peanut Butter Cup
7. Cookies & Cream

Mixability

For those who have had PES Select they know it mixes with ease. Even as a blend the protein powder has no problems or leaves no clumps. I prefer the thicker protein shakes or protein pudding. I found that Peanut Butter Cookie is like FCC, CnC, and PBC as it does not mix as thick as some of the other flavors on the line. White Chocolate Mint, Vanilla, and SD all have a thicker consistency.
The Shake I made below was 6oz of cashew milk, 1.5 Scoops and 7 ice cubes.

Formula

1.5g Fat
3g Carb
24g Protein

A very macro friendly protein powder. With the price point it makes it easy to fit in on a daily basis compared to others who may exceed 150-180 kcals per serving. The blend of protein included in Select combine to form a thicker protein powder.. I personally enjoy it because I make a lot of protein pudding and enjoy baking. Both which come out perfectly with 0 issues. I wish more companies would create blends that match their label 100% even when tested by stack3d came back above what the label claims.

Cost

Can’t beat 20$ a tub on the insider deal. After the insider you may see prices rise to $25-30 for a 2lb tub. If you missed out on the insider at the special price I feel bad for you. PES is one of the most cost effective options on the market. Makes it very good for an everyday use protein. Not to mention it's a blend so it does mix thicker for those who enjoy thick protein pudding or protein shakes, and it bakes flawlessly.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

PES Peanut Butter Cookie Select

Video:
[video=youtube_share;LmAGh1KpaLY]http://youtu.be/LmAGh1KpaLY[/video]
https://youtu.be/LmAGh1KpaLY

Taste

Peanut Butter Cookie

The image on the select tub is of mini peanut butter cookies. Upon first taste you are immediately hit with the peanut butter flavoring. The PB flavoring is not as rich and dense as Metabolic PB Cookie , Gaspari PB Cookie, or Syntha 6 PB Cookie. If you take a PB2 or PB Lean powder enhance that with a bolder peanut butter flavor and that is what you are presented with. It is not a Peanut butter like you eat right out of a jar with a slightly salty aftertaste. What you do get from PES’s PB Cookie is a combination of marshmallow and a sense of a sweet sugar cookie in the aftertaste (which compliments the filling of the PB Cookie). I enjoyed this Peanut Butter variation over Peanut Butter Cup. If you like a “Sweeter” Peanut Butter flavor this will be right up your alley.

My Ranking of Select Flavors:
1.Vanilla
2.White Chocolate Mint
3.Peanut Butter Cookie
4.SnickerDoodle
5.Frosted Chocolate Cupcake
6.Peanut Butter Cup
7.Cookies & Cream

Mixability

For those who have had PES Select they know it mixes with ease. Even as a blend the protein powder has no problems or leaves no clumps. I prefer the thicker protein shakes or protein pudding. I found that Peanut Butter Cookie is like FCC, CnC, and PBC as it does not mix as thick as some of the other flavors on the line. White Chocolate Mint, Vanilla, and SD all have a thicker consistency.
The Shake I made below was 6oz of cashew milk, 1.5 Scoops and 7 ice cubes.

Formula

1.5g Fat
3g Carb
24g Protein

A very macro friendly protein powder. With the price point it makes it easy to fit in on a daily basis compared to others who may exceed 150-180 kcals per serving. The blend of protein included in Select combine to form a thicker protein powder.. I personally enjoy it because I make a lot of protein pudding and enjoy baking. Both which come out perfectly with 0 issues. I wish more companies would create blends that match their label 100% even when tested by stack3d came back above what the label claims.

Cost

Can’t beat 20$ a tub on the insider deal. After the insider you may see prices rise to $25-30 for a 2lb tub. If you missed out on the insider at the special price I feel bad for you. PES is one of the most cost effective options on the market. Makes it very good for an everyday use protein. Not to mention it's a blend so it does mix thicker for those who enjoy thick protein pudding or protein shakes, and it bakes flawlessly.

I will have to wait until the morning to check out the video but thank you kindly for taking the time to put this together and 3rd ranking is pretty good comparing the options. ?

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
View attachment 147089
With the Peanut Butter Cookie Select protein insider dropping soon we have compiled our early reviews. Here is what our early testers are responding with across the boards.

If you haven't already signed up for our insiders please do so here:

https://pescience.com/insider

As all of our loyal customers already know we have top notch flavoring on all our products and Peanut Butter Cookie Select has followed suit. Be sure to stock your shelves with our unbeatable initial launch insider price.
you guys need to talk to your manufacture on placing that label correctly...amazing product but damn that labeling does it no justice with Social media pictures...