burping up fish oil!!!

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
I recently started taking Sesathin and decided to start taking fish oils as well at 3g/day. The problem is I keep burping that sh** up and it tastes so bad that I want to throw up. Is there anything else I can take instead that is an acceptable substitute for fish oil? I really want the benefits but I can't stand the burps and I can't imagine any women will want to come near me when I'm like this. Can anybody help a brotha' out?

Redeemer

Awards
They make an enteric coated one, and some odor free ones too. The coated ones are great because fish oil by itself gives me heartburn.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
its the taste of good health my friend... but never fear, most people end up pretty much oder and taste free after a good week or two whilst on said oil.... give it time for your body to adjust to them... but dont stop taking them... i just started, not 4 weeks ago and the difference is wonderful, more so with the sesathin fish oil stack

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That's odd... I take the gelcaps and I've never burped it up

djs2000

Awards
try taking the fish oil caps about five minutes before you eat. Works for me.

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Enteric coated fish oil capsules will not make you burp up fish-taste.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
the meal works well with it. plus like stated above, your body gets used to it, i dont get them anymore but i used to.

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
I tried with meals, before meals, after meals - it doesn't seem to matter. It tastes like I'm burping up rotten fish (although I can't smell it myself, I'd be horrified if somebody near me smelled it). Like you guys said, maybe I need to let my body get used to it. It's so hard though because it literally makes me want to throw up every time I burp. Maybe I should look for that enteric coated stuff. I knew aspirin came like that but I wasn't aware that you could find fish oil like that too. Any recommendations on brands of enteric-coated fish oil? I'm game to keep trying since the Sesathin/fish oil stack is supposed to be great but these burps have got to stop.

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
when i burp it up it just smells like i ate a salmon sandwich.. maybe your fish oil is just really shitty

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
when i burp it up it just smells like i ate a salmon sandwich.. maybe your fish oil is just really shitty
I guess that's possible. I use the Vitamin Shoppe brand stuff and their quality is usually pretty good. Maybe their fish oil is just bad or something. Any recommendations on one that won't give me this nasty burps?

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
its the taste of good health my friend... but never fear, most people end up pretty much oder and taste free after a good week or two whilst on said oil.... give it time for your body to adjust to them... but dont stop taking them... i just started, not 4 weeks ago and the difference is wonderful, more so with the sesathin fish oil stack
What type of benefits have you experienced?

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
( though i am lean) any sort of fat around my midsection has left. I am finding it harder to actually put on any sort of weight, muscle or other wise. I attribute that to the combo of sesathin and the fish oil... i took sesathin without the fish oil for over one month and did not see any results, however, with the addition of the fish oil... i was shocked, i noticed a change within the first 2 weeks of adding said oils in my over all lack of ability to store fat.

on the other hand... if i burped... it sucked.. that has passed... sometimes if i go to the bathroom, it has an interesting fishy odor... but that has sorta passed... i was worried about the smell and taste of other "fluids" but i have been told there has been no change. ( thats an open and strong relationship if you can talk about that)

my skin has become a little more oily.. however, i am taking cissusRX and i know that is doing something to my T levels. I can now breathe under water... uhmmm thats really about it..

ps.. please do not try to breathe under water...

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i always burp up fish oil regaurdless of quality or what i take it with. Get a pack of gum, its what I do ;)

I've never tried the enteric coating, but the burps don't really bother me much

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
( though i am lean) any sort of fat around my midsection has left. I am finding it harder to actually put on any sort of weight, muscle or other wise. I attribute that to the combo of sesathin and the fish oil... i took sesathin without the fish oil for over one month and did not see any results, however, with the addition of the fish oil... i was shocked, i noticed a change within the first 2 weeks of adding said oils in my over all lack of ability to store fat.

on the other hand... if i burped... it sucked.. that has passed... sometimes if i go to the bathroom, it has an interesting fishy odor... but that has sorta passed... i was worried about the smell and taste of other "fluids" but i have been told there has been no change. ( thats an open and strong relationship if you can talk about that)

my skin has become a little more oily.. however, i am taking cissusRX and i know that is doing something to my T levels. I can now breathe under water... uhmmm thats really about it..

ps.. please do not try to breathe under water...
That sounds like me. I'm lean everywhere except for a little bit of fat around my midsection and maybe a little in my chest (I say maybe only because I can't see the line in the middle of my chest but I guess that could just be genetic too).

I found some enteric-coated fish oil called Fisol Fish Oil by Nature's Way. Has anybody tried that?

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
they are not bad at all, but a bit $$$... if you can honestly get passed the taste after your body adjusts, it would be in your wallet's best interest to head on over to one the sites here and take a look at what they have... I currently use NOW Super EPA DHA... i am still new to the fish oil aspect of things but i have been very happy... but it MAY be more than one really needs as well ( in the EPA/DHA levels)

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
they are not bad at all, but a bit $$$... if you can honestly get passed the taste after your body adjusts, it would be in your wallet's best interest to head on over to one the sites here and take a look at what they have... I currently use NOW Super EPA DHA... i am still new to the fish oil aspect of things but i have been very happy... but it MAY be more than one really needs as well ( in the EPA/DHA levels)
I hear you but I really don't know if I can get passed the taste. I'm going to head over to the Vitamin Shoppe today and see if they have any other enteric-coated ones that are cheaper. From what I've read, the enteric-coated ones are more expensive but you can take less of them because your body is able to utilize them better (something to do with the enteric coating and the way your body breaks it down). Could just be clever marketing but I'll give it a try.

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to thank you guys for recommending the enteric-coated fish oil caps. I picked up a bottle of Nature's Way Fisol Fish Oil yesterday and holy crap what a difference - the burps are completely gone!!! I'm going to have no problem taking this stuff with my Sesathin so hopefully the fat will start melting off.

If any of you guys are dealing with these burps (Wedgylx - that means you:)), you gotta' try this stuff. You won't be sorry and the women (or men;)) in your life will thank you.

natiels

natiels

Board Supporter
Awards
Never tried it, but i have heard that freezing your fish oil caps works. I guess they get further into the digestive system before breaking down instead of popping open right in your stomach.

tattoopierced1

refriderating the caps should work. Try that and you shouldnt burp any of the "funk" up anymore.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Or.....you can stop your pissing and moaning and take 'em like a man. :trout:

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
Or.....you can stop your pissing and moaning and take 'em like a man. :trout:
So true...I guess I'm just a pu**y:rofl:...but at least I won't be a pu**y with bad breath anymore!!!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
So true...I guess I'm just a pu**y:rofl:...but at least I won't be a pu**y with bad breath anymore!!!
I only noticed the fish burps for the first few days or so. Now, it doesn't even phase me.