Nutrabolt buys Scivation???

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm a little apprehensive about this one.

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Congrats Mike though. Sure you made out well.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Nutrabolt, the parent company of the well-known and widely available Cellucor, has announced that it’s officially acquired Scivation.

The now Nutrabolt owned brand is most known for its BCAA competitor Xtend, which over the past year or so has been launched in a number of different versions such as Xtend Go, Xtend Perform, and Xtend Free.

We have been fortunate enough to get to talk with the Nutrabolt team about the acquiring of Scivation, finding out why it decided to purchase the brand and what the future holds.

Scivation is apparently a brand Nutrabolt has admired for quite some time due to its “talented leadership team, which has built one of the most recognizable sports nutrition brands on shelves today and is backed by a fiercely loyal consumer base.”

Nutrabolt has also said that moving forward Scivation will remain on the path it’s been on, and that we can look forward to the same innovation and quality we’ve come to expect from the brand.

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
While I like what they did with newer C4 ultimate. I do not like most of the changes. I also hope sourcing does not change which I'm sure it will.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This isnt a delayed April Fools joke is it?

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I thought so too. Mikes in a tshirt had me thinking it could be, but I doubt it.
Haha yeah I noticed that too.

Seems like it actually happened. Best of luck to Mike, I know he wanted to get into the medical side so I am sure this is a step in that direction.

RIP Scivation

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Haha yeah I noticed that too.

Seems like it actually happened. Best of luck to Mike, I know he wanted to get into the medical side so I am sure this is a step in that direction.

RIP Scivation
Yeah Mike posted on another board. He had good reasons.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Fits the narrative that he wanted out of sports nutrition. Good for him!

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah Mike posted on another board. He had good reasons.
Mind posting a link?(assuming you can I know you most likely can't due to rules here) if not pm me a link please

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Mind posting a link?(assuming you can I know you most likely can't due to rules here) if not pm me a link please
Not a link but here is what he stated...I assume Mike does not mind if I quote him lol

This past friday we closed a deal to sell Scivation to Nutrabolt. There are various articles out there that lay out the details. You can plow through some of those to see interviews with myself and others as to why we did the transaction. I asked the mods if I could post this, because it's important me. I want to thank everyone that showed support for Scivation over the past 13 years. The simple response as to why for me, comes down to medical. My mom was diagnosed 5 years ago with Cancer. She passed in September. I've spent considerable resources doing medical research since her diagnosis. We've done rodent research, now it's time to step up to human research. That is VERY expensive. There was no way I could afford to do this without bankrupting scivation. This transaction allows me to fund these trials, with the first one being Angelman Syndrome this year. The goal is our first human cancer trial in 2018 (I had hoped 17, but not sure it will happen).

I had no plans of selling. This was a random conversation at a trade show that escalated, quickly. I'll be working with them for considerable time to ensure things go smoothly. Expect a lot of new flavors across the entire brand through the end of the year .

Once again, thank all you. This would have never happened if it wasn't for the support we got off these boards going all the way back to 2004.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mike got out to pursue other endeavors. Great for him!! Don't know if this will go well for the Scivation brand though

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Inb4 Quake is a C4 clone

Congratulations to Mike, though. A very noble undertaking he has going on.

compan

compan

Awards
Good purchase for Nutrabolt. Scivation has done a great job lately with Xtend Perform and Quake 10.0

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The buy feels backwards because I've never heard of nutrabolt but I've sure heard of scivation.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The buy feels backwards because I've never heard of nutrabolt but I've sure heard of scivation.
Have you heard of cellucor? That's owned by the same people.

Plus the brand name will stay the same, just owned by a new parent company

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Good news for both, Mike's reason was applaudable too. I'm a fan of the two companies.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
They're the parent corp that owns FitJoy, Cellucor and a handful of others. Now including Scivation.
1Fast400 if you feel like sharing, I'm curious if you got a board seat at the parent company to help advise or if this is your way of stepping away slowly over the next year("golden handcuffs") to focus 100% on the medical trials?

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh just seen the nutrabolt on the headline didn't see Cellucor buys scivation.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Oh just seen the nutrabolt on the headline didn't see Cellucor buys scivation.
Yeah, technically Cellucor didn't buy Scivation. The parent company, Nutrabolt, bought Scivation and it'll be left(according to what I've read) as it's own entity to continue running as it has. Just now has access to the buying power, distribution and marketing machine the parent company has.

I'd be surprised if Scivation didn't grow quite a bit with this new deal.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
lovate...hi-tech...nutrabolt

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
While I like what they did with newer C4 ultimate. I do not like most of the changes. I also hope sourcing does not change which I'm sure it will.
of course sourcing will change..nutrabolt will look for the cheapest source to buy both cellucor and scivation raws from, this will give nutrabolt an advantage-but I will bet a nickle that the raws won't be as top notch!!!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know the article stated Xtend would not be changed, but who knows. Do you all think one should stock up on it?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I know the article stated Xtend would not be changed, but who knows. Do you all think one should stock up on it?
Mike will make sure the sources and raws stay the same. The products are not going anywhere, nor will the formulas. What you will see are more product releases and flavors released. As you saw in the price plow write up he will still be helping with product development over the next year to ensure Scivation does not drop in quality or innovation.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Mike will make sure the sources and raws stay the same. The products are not going anywhere, nor will the formulas. What you will see are more product releases and flavors released. As you saw in the price plow write up he will still be helping with product development over the next year to ensure Scivation does not drop in quality or innovation.
that would be piss poor business practice to buy cellucor and scivation raws from different companies, imo....unless of course mike's sources are so good they switch all their purchasing to his sources-that would be win'win...big 'if' though!!!

deanX

Awards
Good to hear at least it is acquired by a good company.

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
Well, he didnt sell PrimaForce I guess? thats a brand I always loved

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear at least it is acquired by a good company.
Cellucor is a cuck company...caters to the WallyWorld and other big name department store chains type people. They were never hardcore or produced anything less than pixie dusted sht that the normal retail department store wannabe lifter would have no idea about.

Only thing they are good for is 3rd party testing on their less than stellar protein flavors and C4 Ultimate which of course is only sold exclusively at 1 online store.

In no way should Nutrabolt be considered a "good" company....cucks run by cucks.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Cellucor is a cuck company...caters to the WallyWorld and other big name department store chains type people. They were never hardcore or produced anything less than pixie dusted sht that the normal retail department store wannabe lifter would have no idea about.

Only thing they are good for is 3rd party testing on their less than stellar protein flavors and C4 Ultimate which of course is only sold exclusively at 1 online store.

In no way should Nutrabolt be considered a "good" company....cucks run by cucks.
Still one of the more successful brands out there. So they're not clueless at all in how to actually appeal to people.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still one of the more successful brands out there. So they're not clueless at all in how to actually appeal to people.
Every company can be a sellout, its very easy. Make half azz formulas with no grey area ingredients and market yourself to the mainstream public through mass retail chain stores, print advertising, etc. Cellucor mastered being cucks a very long time ago, you're correct.
Same with BSN, shtty straight forward formulas with no grey area ingredients and marketed to the same demographic as Cellucor.
Both BSN & Cellucor mastered this way,
successful...yes of course...successful in making half azz products/formulas, definately.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Every company can be a sellout, its very easy. Make half azz formulas with no grey area ingredients and market yourself to the mainstream public through mass retail chain stores, print advertising, etc. Cellucor mastered being cucks a very long time ago, you're correct.
Same with BSN, shtty straight forward formulas with no grey area ingredients and marketed to the same demographic as Cellucor.
successful...yes of course...successful in making half azz products/formulas, definately.
Spitting some truth!!!!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Lol It's not easy at all. Marketing is very hard and most companies are poor at it, hence why they never take off. Noone knows how to position their brand well enough to get any traction.

If it were easy, plenty of other brands would be far more successful than they are. This applies to any business. Sure, you may not like the formulas, but never assume reaching that level of brand/ product awareness is a simple science.

I agree the products are unappealing to people like us, but the brand has positioned themselves well enough to generate sales. Same cannot be said if smaller companies selling the exact same formulas with 1% of the same success

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
^ Marketing is everything. I believe that this is also the reason that some companies have stayed at the very top of the supplement game for almost decades and haven't even improved their flavoring systems. It comes down to if you're able to market your product.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Congrats to Mike on this very surprising :eek: business move and I know some aren't fans of the company that
purchased Scivation but they are a STRONG force in the supplement industry and I know Mike wouldn't entrust
his baby that he groomed and put together from scratch to just anybody so CONGRATS to both parties and all the
best to you Mike and much success in your future endeavors which you are pursuing.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Absolutely nothing for Nutraplanet. The only thing changing is the change in ownership of Scivation to Nutrabolt.
Are you sure about that? When asked on another forum about his side business in North Carolina he stated "Likely I will transition out of that business very soon."

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Are you sure about that? When asked on another forum about his side business in North Carolina he stated "Likely I will transition out of that business very soon."
I am 100% Sure about that.. NutraPlanet15 will tell you the same exact thing.
When I saw your comment I emailed NutraPlanet and said business will stay as is.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am 100% Sure about that.. NutraPlanet15 will tell you the same exact thing.
When I saw your comment I emailed NutraPlanet and said business will stay as is.
Sorry not trying to spread rumors/drama, just what I had read on another forum. Thank you for confirming

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sorry not trying to spread rumors/drama, just what I had read on another forum. Thank you for confirming
most people like to jump the gun with assumptions before they know the facts. It is all good man. NP Is here to stay and keep pumping out the deals to you guys on Anabolic Minds that show us continued support.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
most people like to jump the gun with assumptions before they know the facts. It is all good man. NP Is here to stay and keep pumping out the deals to you guys on Anabolic Minds that show us continued support.
I don't think he meant that they were going to dissolve or change in any way other than Mike leaving.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I don't think he meant that they were going to dissolve or change in any way other than Mike leaving.
Mike leaving mostly deals with Scivation as he will still be at the helm of Primaforce. Mike will also still be aiding product formulation for Scivation for another year until the shift to nutrabolt completes.

NP will still carry on as is and won't change.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No rumor cause I read exactly what you read on the interview with Mike when asked about the NC business
he stated he would be most likely transitioning out of that but that doesn't mean NP is going anywhere it's
probably gonna get a different owner which means business as usual with NP.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No rumor cause I read exactly what you read on the interview with Mike when asked about the NC business
he stated he would be most likely transitioning out of that but that doesn't mean NP is going anywhere it's
probably gonna get a different owner which means business as usual with NP.
lol...I remember when mike sold 1fast400[bulk nutrition] it didn't take very long for the new owners to [F] it up. I used to buy from there when mike owned it, when he sold it I came here to AM and nutraplanet soon after----isn't that ironic!!!

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, sorry I didn't respond here earlier. Travel schedule has been insane. Leaving for China Tuesday for supplier audits. It has been a crazy 4 months, that's for sure. Lots of people have approached me over the years to invest in the company, but I stayed away from all of that. To my knowledge this is one of the first time a supplement company has bought another supplement company in our space. People like glanbia and hormel have done acquisitions, but not supplement companies. This buyout allows me to focus on my medical business, which I've been supporting the past 5 years through the scivation business. I just couldn't afford to do the human trial we're ready for without selling the company. It would have been near impossible to run those trials and properly fund scivations growth.

I'll be on board for awhile to help the transition. They don't want to mess with what we've done. They'll expand on things for sure, but core formula's won't change. Due to our overlap in sales territories, this made perfect sense for them. Everywhere we are, they are. Now, they can place Scivation in places we don't currently exist.

I still have prima force, I have a keto business that launches soon and a few other things. My focus will be making sure this handoff goes as smooth as possible, the line extensions come as we had planned and help them with new PD. At the same time, focusing on our expansion into medical trials, the first being an Angelman Syndrome trial we plan to run by end of year.

I can't thank you guys enough for the support over the years. This was one of the hardest decisions I've had to make. Those that think building a brand is easy, it's not. I don't think I could do it over again, not sure I have the energy for it. You can love or hate Cellucor but from a business perspective you have to respect what they've accomplished. It's a massive company, with an overwhelming category leading product. Now they have two of them :)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Obviously sad to see Scivation leave your hands, but very happy for you. Glad to hear you'll still be involved and best of luck as you get to spend more time and resources in the medical field!