Ephedrine (EC) and Food

ECWHY

Awards
So, i've been reading old threads and cannot find a consensus.

So, everyone agrees to not take it with food but the time between eating and taking it are not really clear. Also, time to wait after dosing is also not very clear. Some say 30-45 min, some say 1-2 hours.

Also, how do you guys feel about drinking water when taking it? I read in a past thread that you should only have a sip with it.

Might be overthinking it but there are a lot of knowledge people here so felt it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Two sample plans:

First Plan:

Wake up at 5 AM, dose 1
Sleep until ~7 am, wake up/start day
9 AM, Dose 2
1 PM: Dose 3
3 PM: Eat (break fast)

Second Plan:

Wake up at 7 am
9am: dose 1
130pm : dose 2 (PWO)
3pm: Drinking protein shake (break fast)
5 PM: Dose 3
630pm: Eat
830: Eat

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Subbed how you living ECWHY? Is the cut going good or what?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Correct in just take with as little as water possible.

Waiting as long as possible before eating would be your best option. Most find their appetite is crushed from EC, so eating after dose may be a non issue. With your two set ups, no issues with that dosing schedule.

ECWHY

Awards
Subbed how you living ECWHY? Is the cut going good or what?
Really good. I started a log on BB.com, but might start one here too. Plan to cut to the point where I have all abs showing, then clean bulk up with PHAT. I will probably be super light when I do (~150lbs) but want to start my bulk very lean so I have more leeway with it. Currently doing Keto on this cut (which I think will be a staple for my cuts) but will transition to a more standard diet when bulking since I get full af with like 2k calories on keto.

Enjoying the effects of EC so far but would still like to learn a bit more about it. Just want to maximize its effect.

ECWHY

Awards

Waiting as long as possible before eating would be your best option. Most find their appetite is crushed from EC, so eating after dose may be a non issue. With your two set ups, no issues with that dosing schedule.
Yeah, I definitely feel the appetite suppressing effects. Is there a window of time until you can start downing water? I try to drink a ton throughout the day so I usually drink a bunch between doses.

Thanks for the schedule feedback. Tried to work it out between my eating/workouts since I like taking it around 30min before hitting the gym.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Plan to cut to the point where I have all abs showing, then clean bulk up with PHAT. I will probably be super light when I do (~150lbs) but want to start my bulk very lean so I have more leeway with it.
When you get down to your desired BF% I'd stay there for a couple months before bulking bro.. let your body get used to its new BF% and new basal metabolic rate

ECWHY

Awards
When you get down to your desired BF% I'd stay there for a couple months before bulking bro.. let your body get used to its new BF% and new basal metabolic rate
Does it really take that long? I can definitely eat around maintenance and do PHAT for a couple months if it does take that. Liked to learn more about that.

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established
Subbed for info. Tried EC for my first time this winter and had to stop after a week or two as I was trying to lean bulk and use the EC to mitigate fat gain but it crushed my appetite "too much" haha

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your first dosing schedule is pretty much exactly how I used EC the first time. Lol

Why the little amount of water? I have never seen this I don't think.. I'm about to start up EC again.

ECWHY

Awards
Your first dosing schedule is pretty much exactly how I used EC the first time. Lol

Why the little amount of water? I have never seen this I don't think.. I'm about to start up EC again.
That's what I've been doing lately (schedule 1) but some days my schedule is a bit different so made up an alternate one to work around that.

Also, curious about the water intake too. I googled it but only found people asking about ephedrine and making meth LOL

Subbed for info. Tried EC for my first time this winter and had to stop after a week or two as I was trying to lean bulk and use the EC to mitigate fat gain but it crushed my appetite "too much" haha
For real, I've gone forever without eating on it at times. It's great for IF

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established

Same here. I've never heard of taking EC with minimal water, I've always taken it with a lot of water and I've always felt it hit me pretty hard. Interested for more info on this topic. kbayne ?

So, everyone agrees to not take it with food but the time between eating and taking it are not really clear. Also, time to wait after dosing is also not very clear. Some say 30-45 min, some say 1-2 hours.
From what I've read and done in my own experience, try to dose it as far away from meals as possible. I say 1-1.5 hours if your schedule allows it. There isn't a hard rule to this, but stimulants work better on an empty stomach. Your protocols both look solid

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I also think you may be over-analyzing a bit (which is fun, I do it too) - One of the medical studies that found efficacy, dosed it *with* food:

The placebo, the pharmaceutical ephedrine HCl (25 mg) (Breathe Easy; Contract Pharmacal Corporation, Hauppauge, NY) and caffeine (200 mg) (Contract Pharmacal Corporation) were dosed as follows: one of each pill per day for 7 days at breakfast, increased to one of each pill at breakfast and lunch for the next 7 days, and then increased to one of each pill at breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the remainder of the 16-week protocol
http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/30/5/1179.long

Out of convenience, I take it before fasted cardio, and then whenever I remember, LOL. Never gave a thought to amount of liquid (I actually drink a 20oz shaker of Black Coffee before cardio, as my CAF source).

ECWHY

Awards
At any CVS, Walgreens or Walmart Pharmacy ;)

I prefer Primatene over Brockaid. Primatene is Ephedrine HCL and has a cleaner feeling then Bronkaid.
Haven't tried primatene but the price led me to try Bronkaid.

I also think you may be over-analyzing a bit (which is fun, I do it too) - One of the medical studies that found efficacy, dosed it *with* food:

Out of convenience, I take it before fasted cardio, and then whenever I remember, LOL. Never gave a thought to amount of liquid (I actually drink a 20oz shaker of Black Coffee before cardio, as my CAF source).
Yeah, I probably am overthinking it. I have been drinking around 8-10oz of water with it but I'll try it with just a sip or two for a bit and see if I notice anything. I'll give it like 15-30 min before I drink more.

ECWHY

Awards
Drink more water lol.
I drink a ton throughout the day. I am saying at the time I dose it, I usually took it with a cup. I drink well over 1 gallon a day.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
I drink a ton throughout the day. I am saying at the time I dose it, I usually took it with a cup. I drink well over 1 gallon a day.
Yeah I know.... the stims cause dehydration though which is why I say drink water.

ECWHY

Awards
Yeah I know.... the stims cause dehydration though which is why I say drink water.
For sure! Liquid feels like it goes right through me right now haha. I usually drink 1.5gallons or so but I definitely hit a gallon and then go by thirst for the rest so I don't over drink

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Are there any negative effects or downsides to lifting fasted while using EC?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Are there any negative effects or downsides to lifting fasted while using EC?
Just be sure you don't feel light headed if you're doing high intensity training. I usually take my first EC dose before my fasted training, and I enjoy it. Pay attention to your heart rate and how you feel overall, and depending on your training style you might want to take it with food. I would experiment with a half dose first, especially if you're sensitive to stims

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why would one not want to dose with food? I understand this with yohimbine and the insulin reaction, but didn't think it was an issue with EC.

Also, I can't see how the ammount of water is going to make any significant difference. It's just water.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why would one not want to dose with food? I understand this with yohimbine and the insulin reaction, but didn't think it was an issue with EC.

Also, I can't see how the ammount of water is going to make any significant difference. It's just water.
Will look for thread but as for water, use as least as possible -- just enough so E can pass through stomach and reach small intestine. If I recall, too much water will cause E to become static with the stomach.

Good info in here, but may get deleted since from another board:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142018441&page=1

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Interesting. I tend to take my ephedrine with a bulletproof coffee.

ECWHY

Awards
Interesting. I don't take it with food, but I will try just taking it with a couple sips of water and let it do its magic for like 30 min before drinking more.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
kbayne should I avoid taking other supplements at the same time as EC as well? I know taking more supplements would mean more water, but other than that would it make the Ephedrine useless?

Specifically, Nootropimax, Vitamin B5, and LCLT would be taken with my first dose of Bronkaid.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
The minimal water thing is regarding gastric emptying rate. As the volume of liquid increases, the rate slows.

Big Papi

Awards
  • Established
Will look for thread but as for water, use as least as possible -- just enough so E can pass through stomach and reach small intestine. If I recall, too much water will cause E to become static with the stomach.

Good info in here, but may get deleted since from another board:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142018441&page=1
lmao bruh... this is just too much. also, bronkaid is enteric coated (at least i'm pretty sure it is)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
kbayne should I avoid taking other supplements at the same time as EC as well? I know taking more supplements would mean more water, but other than that would it make the Ephedrine useless?

Specifically, Nootropimax, Vitamin B5, and LCLT would be taken with my first dose of Bronkaid.
I wouldn't worry about avoiding them. And no, more water isn't going to make E useless.

Big Papi

Awards
  • Established
ephedrine should be taken on a completely empty stomach and without any other supplements other than caffeine. wash the pills down with exactly 13.7 mL water. also remember that food must be consumed exactly 47.6 minutes post-ingestion.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ephedrine should be taken on a completely empty stomach and without any other supplements other than caffeine. wash the pills down with exactly 13.7 mL water. also remember that food must be consumed exactly 47.6 minutes post-ingestion.
15mL is fine and I'd wait at least 51 minutes. Everyone has their personal preference though.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
15mL is fine and I'd wait at least 51 minutes. Everyone has their personal preference though.
51 minutes..haha!
I am new to Bronkaid as this is my first week taking it so I have never heard of this minimal water approach. I will definitely try it out..thanks for the info!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
How you know if your E is working:

You take your 30mg of Ewith ~4-6oz of liquid *and* 24oz of Taster's Choice Instant Coffee. You sit just in your boxer shorts in your 73 degree living room, surfing Anabolic Minds as you wait fot it to "kick in". After about 45 mins, you have sweat dripping from your arm pits and your feet are doing the NEAT dance - tap-tap-tap-tap-tap. :D Time for Cardio!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How you know if your E is working:

You take your 30mg of Ewith ~4-6oz of liquid *and* 24oz of Taster's Choice Instant Coffee. You sit just in your boxer shorts in your 73 degree living room, surfing Anabolic Minds as you wait fot it to "kick in". After about 45 mins, you have sweat dripping from your arm pits and your feet are doing the NEAT dance - tap-tap-tap-tap-tap. :D Time for Cardio!
Are you speaking in terms of 30 mg net Ephedrine consumption?

I only ask due to the discussion in this thread:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/otc-drug/190231-truth-behind-primatene.html

I suspect you would also know how accurate the claims are in the above thread:scratchchin:

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Are you speaking in terms of 30 mg net Ephedrine consumption?

I suspect you would also know how accurate the claims are in the above thread:scratchchin:

I take 30mg of pure E-HCL from Europe. Please, no PMs, I ain't spilling. Go to google.co.uk and start your due diligence :D

Not reading that whole thread, but from what I saw in the first post, it's probably accurate - HCL over Sulfate, but does it "real world" matter? And yes, there is less than 25mg. I can take 60mg and still be fine - there's a point of diminishing returns :D