Best supplements for hair loss

bluestaffy09

bluestaffy09

Awards
Hi guys are there any new or old supplements about that may help with hair loss? I no nizoral is good and I would never touch finisteride due to the side effects. Any help would be great.

U

univan22

Awards
I tried : biotine, "crece pelo shampoo, conditioner, tonic x 3 per week", laser and infrared home device, which can purchase at a local shopping mall stand, focusing on hair products. Hydrate with coconut oil once per week for 30 minutes then wash with "crece pelo shampoo". Also go to YouTube and watch couple videos about hair washing , drying techniques. It had worked for me , slowly and naturally and no side effects. It takes discipline though :), good luck.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
2x/day Minoxidil with Azaleac Acid is the only thing that works for me (and it may just be the Minox, but never used just str8 Minox). The shampoos do nothing - and I bought every single one of the "big name" hair-loss shampoos and mixed equal parts into a "Super Shampoo".... if I stop Minoxidil, my bald patch returns. I also use a .75mm Derma-Roller, but I don't know if it helps - it's supposed to. "Perfect Hair" is the product I've settled on. Hair - loss is complicated, if it's not DHT related (ie. it's genetic), none of the 'Anti-DHT' stuff will matter.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Believe it or not Pura Dior GOLD label DHT shampoo is working for me.
IMG_1491140721.939294.jpg

U

univan22

Awards
Agree bud, one product by itself (i.e shampoos) won't work very well. Shampoos are to remove dirt and excess oil, etc, combined with proper technique (i.e minimum amount needed) and massage stimulate blow flow to the area. This is the everyday hard work part.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Believe it or not Pura Dior GOLD label DHT shampoo is working for me.
My patch must be genetic then :D My mother's father died with a Lion's Mane though! :D I mix 2 ounces of Pura D Or, Lipogaine, and Regenepure and put it in an Pura pump.

B

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The one from Evomuse to grow new hair. It works.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you can find some toco 8 :)
They have a new capsule version.

Also Hydra Head 6 by Antaeus Labs has a form of vitamin c which has an interesting study inregards to hair loss

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They have a new capsule version.

Also hydra Head 6 by a/labs has a form of vitamin c which had an interesting study inregards to hair loss
Ah. I didn't know about the capsule version. Good to know. Thanks.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah. I didn't know about the capsule version. Good to know. Thanks.
Botanical Craft

Same owners.

300% more carotenoids
Addition of 100 mg sesame seed extract (90% sesamin)
Oxygen protective packaging for greater potency

Updated formula.

bluestaffy09

bluestaffy09

Awards
Tried botanical craft for 3 months it did nothing at all.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMO, just like most everything else, Rx (or former Rx) drugs, beat natty stuff 9 times out of 10. Unless there are ethical reasons, why not try the one with the best history of re-growing hair?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoxidil

Latisse will work too, apparently:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bimatoprost
Sides? I swear I've read a ton if negative reviews on it over the years on forums. Definitely not permanent, regression comes after non-use.

Honestly, hair transplants are becoming more affordable. Especially since Thailand is so close to Australia! I'm definitely not there hahaha, I however like to keep my hair as healthy as I can for as long as I can.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not to hi jack thread but do any of these recommendations help for growing and maintaining a beard and mustache?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Sides? I swear I've read a ton if negative reviews on it over the years on forums. Definitely not permanent, regression comes after non-use.
No idea, I haven't had any, so never looked. Not familiar with any plant oil or vitamin/mineral that will permanently cause hair that is falling out - to suddenly re-grow and stay, even upon cessation?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No idea, I haven't had any, so never looked. Not familiar with any plant oil or vitamin/mineral that will permanently cause hair that is falling out - to suddenly re-grow and stay, even upon cessation?
I was reading about it on Google. It said any growth which occurs will basically fall out after you cease use. :/

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I was reading about it on Google. It said any growth which occurs will basically fall out after you cease use. :/
That's correct. But what natural product grows hair and keeps it growing after you stop it ? I shampoo every day (and use soap, toothpaste, etc. ..) so I add Minoxodil to the list.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A razor and some shave gel.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Virile Mane is worth looking into if you're looking on the OTC supplement side of things

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's correct. But what natural product grows hair and keeps it growing after you stop it ? I shampoo every day (and use soap, toothpaste, etc. ..) so I add Minoxodil to the list.
True.

I just look for things to keep it healthy.

If it gets bad, I'll fly to Thailand and drop 2-3k on hair transplants.

?

B

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
For hairloss?
Numerous folks (including me) report thicker and quicker growing hair and nails. I usually get my haircut each 4 weeks, but it takes 3 weeks now to achieve the same growth (and it is actually thicker at 3 weeks than it would be at 5-6 weeks). Note that I don't have a hair loss problem to start with. Just one of the many benefits of FD2.

bluestaffy09

bluestaffy09

Awards
Numerous folks (including me) report thicker and quicker growing hair and nails. I usually get my haircut each 4 weeks, but it takes 3 weeks now to achieve the same growth (and it is actually thicker at 3 weeks than it would be at 5-6 weeks). Note that I don't have a hair loss problem to start with. Just one of the many benefits of FD2.
Thanks mate that's interesting.

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
Interesting about Fd2 I've been on for prob the last 5 months and have noticed it as well but thought it was my imagination...my hair is long now

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
No regrow that unnoticed...I think that Evo topical looks interesting though

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I did not notice more hair growth than usual using FD 2.0 FWIW.

Hard to tell though because my hair is thick and grows steadily anyway, but didn't notice any more than usual.

KimChee75

KimChee75

Awards
It's called Virile Mane...there's a few people that have logged it...there is also a product that is supposed to help with neuropathy that people are stacking with it to increase blood flow to the area....Evo is putting out quite a few very interesting products lately...I just looked at the formula...interestingly it has EC in it just as FD2 does...

Not heard of this before. Do you have any info on it?

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Collagen powder. The stuff is absolutely crazy how well it helps your nails and hair grow thicker and faster. I started taking it a couple months ago to help with joints and an MCL sprain and a side effect (in a good way) was how fast my nails were growing, and my hair looked shinier and thicker. My wife is a hairstylist and noticed it without me saying anything.

P

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Collagen powder. The stuff is absolutely crazy how well it helps your nails and hair grow thicker and faster. I started taking it a couple months ago to help with joints and an MCL sprain and a side effect (in a good way) was how fast my nails were growing, and my hair looked shinier and thicker. My wife is a hairstylist and noticed it without me saying anything.
What brand are you using

bluestaffy09

bluestaffy09

Awards
I tried collagen powder i think it was called great lakes but not really any effect on hair. Maybe I should of used it longer.

bluestaffy09

bluestaffy09

Awards
That was a good article about eck cava although it pretty much says it won't help with hair yet alot alot of guys on fd2 are reporting thicker hair.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried collagen powder i think it was called great lakes but not really any effect on hair. Maybe I should of used it longer.
Great Lakes has a spotty reputation based on reviews, and they only use type 1 collagen. Type 1 and 3 seems to be agreed upon as best for hair/nails, bones and muscle. Type 2 is more for joints, but benefits are seen in 1 and 3.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I don't know if Gelatin = Collagen, but Azure sells Argentinian Beef Gelatin (High Quality/Clean Pastures/No Mad Cow) for ~$7/lb. I take it at 16g because of the joint/tendon study, so the 5lb bag should last years. Thanks for the Neocell tip kisaj

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
my dad was balding when he hit his mid 20 and the apple did not fall to far from the tree... my hair started to thin out in the blue circled areas below.
the product groganics dht shampoo made a significant difference.. its worth a try
Capture.PNG

J

JCon7

Awards
Hi guys are there any new or old supplements about that may help with hair loss? I no nizoral is good and I would never touch finisteride due to the side effects. Any help would be great.
I take finisteride and have for a year and a half. NO side effects and great results so far. What effects are you referring to?

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wish they had something so your hair wouldn't grow anymore. I hate going to the barber.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I know evomuse has one that is supposed to be good. Not sure how well it works, but have heard good things.

bluestaffy09

bluestaffy09

Awards
I take finisteride and have for a year and a half. NO side effects and great results so far. What effects are you referring to?
Mostly the sexual sides. I know not everybody gets them but after going on propeciahelp website I thought no way am I going to even try. I have finisteride at home but there's just way too many people now who have ruined there bodies from it.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
I use Big 3 shampoo and a minoxidil 5% with retinol formula you can get both of which on Amazon. They seem effective for me.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Bump
Any of these help PREVENT hair loss from an epiandro/1andro cycle? I've been hearing of regenapure but does it work