Trying SARMs...Should I increase my training?

K

kabo0m

Awards
I have just been going for 3x a week doing a slightly modified version of strong lifts.

What it be wiser to switch to something that has me going more often while on my cycle? Maybe something like an upper/lower, bro split, or possibly cutting out the 2 rest days in a full body to one day

Any suggestions welcome

and i am running s4 and ostarine

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not really. The drugs will handle the increase in hypertrophy. However if you are training for strength or performance and you can recover a bit better, it would benefit you if you can get more practice in. I.e., if you are trying to increase your 1rm on the bench, benching more often will help increase your technical skill and neurological adaptation. But it won't make any significant difference in muscle gained vs your current frequency.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If youre progressing with what youre currently doing, dont fuk with the basic principles of it. Why completely switch and risk progression?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^ I would suggest getting a serm like nolva or clomid for pct.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I agree that if you are progressing, don't mess with the basic programming. You *could* tweak it though, if it's not optimal. While there are as many opinions/studies on this stuff as there are leaves on trees, it's pretty much a given that hitting each muscle group *at least* twice in a 7 day period, with a minimum number of sets/reps (volume) - will maximize hypertrophy. I'd go read a bunch of stuff from Schoenfeld and Israetel and see if you can tweak/add a little to your current programming. 5x5 nets you 25 reps. Doing Israetel inspired programming in the 11-15 range for 4 sets can more than double the volume. Just something to investigate - you can't (or shouldn't) stay on the same program forever, and, everything works...until it doesn't.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This ^^^ I would suggest definitely getting in the gym at least 5 days a week. Your recovery and endurance will be enhanced by the SARMS. PCT is very important Osta will shut you down. Clomid and Mtest by CEL will be your best bet for a quick and full recovery. Good luck man

K

kabo0m

Awards
Do people generally recover well from osta and s4? I haven't looked much into PCT yet. I don't even know how to get clomid

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do people generally recover well from osta and s4? I haven't looked much into PCT yet. I don't even know how to get clomid
No SERM = no cycle. Before you even begin about thinking about hormonals, make sure you have access to a SERM

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
S4 is notorious for on-cycle sides (largely visual). Most seem to recover fine as far as that aspect is concerned, but me, Id rather not have eye issues (temporary or not) when there are equal if not better options for a compound to use.

Id prefer to use a SERM myself for PCT.

K

kabo0m

Awards
Hm. I just started yesterday....Maybe I should just stop if I don't have a reliable way to do a great PCT.

What it do any harm having only done like two doses?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hm. I just started yesterday....Maybe I should just stop if I don't have a reliable way to do a great PCT.

What it do any harm having only done like two doses?
If you do choose to stop now, youll be fine.

K

kabo0m

Awards
If you do choose to stop now, youll be fine.
Would that be recommended if I can't land something like clomid? I don't have any doctors/sources to get it

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Would that be recommended if I can't land something like clomid? I don't have any doctors/sources to get it
Up to you really. Your body, your risk. Just be aware of the risks of not using a SERM (both to hpta, and losing gainz post-cycle).

K

kabo0m

Awards
Up to you really. Your body, your risk. Just be aware of the risks of not using a SERM (both to hpta, and losing gainz post-cycle).

Eh, I guess I am going to stop. So I am definitely ok after just a couple days? Not therapy needed of any kind?

I am just frustrated by a lack of progress as of late and wanted something to help me get over the hump, but without a good plan in mind it's probably just not worth the risk

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Eh, I guess I am going to stop. So I am definitely ok after just a couple days? Not therapy needed of any kind?

I am just frustrated by a lack of progress as of late and wanted something to help me get over the hump, but without a good plan in mind it's probably just not worth the risk
After a couple doses, supression would be minimal with those two compounds. Youll bounce back.

If youre not progressing...re-read the_old_guy's post above. And look at your nutrition.

irishiron300

irishiron300

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Plan B. Do some research, grab a SERM and you'll be go to go. Google is your friend. You can do a cycle of your planned SARM (train 5x wk as your recovery will be accelerated) and follow up with SERM

Edit: no PCT would be necessary for only a couple of day's doses.

K

kabo0m

Awards
I've checked. Hard to know what's legit.

Would I still need a pct if I just did Osta at 12.5 MG a day instead of the full 25 and just for 4 weeks?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
3mg/day suppressed in the studies - 12.5mg is over four times as much. You don't *have* to do anything - it's your HPTA. I wouldn't use anything chemical/hormonal without a chemical SERM.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've checked. Hard to know what's legit.

Would I still need a pct if I just did Osta at 12.5 MG a day instead of the full 25 and just for 4 weeks?
If youve "stalled" like you said, 9 times out of 10 its a training/dietary fix. In those cases, throwing in some supp/hormonal is no real fix. But sure, the latter is a nice easy "stay within your comfort zone" solution.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If youve "stalled" like you said, 9 times out of 10 its a training/dietary fix. In those cases, throwing in some supp/hormonal is no real fix. But sure, the latter is a nice easy "stay within your comfort zone" solution.
^This is a good point.

You never gave answers to the questions I posted in your other thread:
Could you post up some training details? What type of programming you're following? Progression and periodization information? What your current numbers are (and your bodyweight)? Most of the time, this is the issue. I mean there are natty supps that will help a little with strength, but let's look at training first because that's what's likely going to get you through the plateau. For example, I really like Tr1umph for strength, since it has creatine, betaine, alpha-GPC, etc, but I doubt it'll get you through an actual strength plateau the way optimizing your training will.
I stand by what I said there. Need more information about your training. If that is off, 12.5mg osta is not going to get you through your plateau.

K

kabo0m

Awards
^This is a good point.

You never gave answers to the questions I posted in your other thread:

I stand by what I said there. Need more information about your training. If that is off, 12.5mg osta is not going to get you through your plateau.

5'10

running strong lifts essentially

bench- 200
squats- 225

Have been training a couple years

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5'10

bench- 200
squats- 225

Okay, you don't need SARMs for progression. I'm sort of surprised you stalled off Stronglifts, but I don't know, maybe at 31 years old there was a little too much frequency, or maybe not enough accessory work, or who knows. Also possible there are technique issues if you want to post videos.

Look into Candito Linear: http://www.canditotraininghq.com/free-programs/
First of all, I realize this is under beginner programs and you've been training a few years. Hear me out. At 178lbs, with a 200lb bench and 225lb squat, I think we can still get some linear progression out of you. That one is an upper/lower split that utilizes weekly progression. So the frequency is a little lower, but there's more opportunity for accessory work (pick whatever is appropriate based on where and why you miss your lifts...if you need help with that, describe where you miss lifts and/or post videos. No periodization, but you don't need that right now. If you try that, and really plateau again early, there's an intermediate 6 week program up there...that one's not bad either, but seriously start with the linear one first and run it as long as you can. I think you may surprise yourself. (Also I'm assuming you're male...if you're female, go straight to the 6 week...a 178lb woman might be able to linear progress a 225 squat, but you won't be able to linear progress a 200lb bench if you're a woman, at that point you'd need something a little fancier).

Reactions: Nac
AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5'10

bench- 200
squats- 225

You're still not answering questions that I, and others, have asked. Yes, the response will take some time for you to type out. If you don't have time to answer some questions in depth so we can better assist you, then I would bet money that you have not done proper research on training, nutrition and rest. Your responses make me believe you're looking for a quick fix or miracle pill and there is no such thing.

K

kabo0m

Awards
You're still not answering questions that I, and others, have asked. Yes, the response will take some time for you to type out. If you don't have time to answer some questions in depth so we can better assist you, then I would bet money that you have not done proper research on training, nutrition and rest. Your responses make me believe you're looking for a quick fix or miracle pill and there is no such thing.
if I can do all my sets/reps easily after a couple workouts I will try to increase by 5 pounds. If I fail reps for a couple workouts, I will deload 10%. I have always tried switching to 3x5 instead of 5x5.

I don't track every calorie I eat, but I know from the foods I eat everyday I should be getting roughly 200g protein.

As for Johhny Candito, I have actually ran his strength program for 6 weeks before. I enjoyed it because it was customizable

polarcat

polarcat

Awards
  • Established
Two things: definitely overthinking the training. AND research Chem sites have great nolva and clomid, just find a site that's well reviewed and doesn't advertise to bodybuilders

K

kabo0m

Awards
I just don't really see what could be all that wrong with my training. I follow a pretty popular and proven program and keep my macros pretty similar. But I am far from an expert so all advice is welcome

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just don't really see what could be all that wrong with my training. I follow a pretty popular and proven program and keep my macros pretty similar. But I am far from an expert so all advice is welcome
Nothing is necessarily "wrong" with your training. If its done its job right, and you yours (diet/rest/consistency and effort) then youve likely adapted to its parameters. So something needs to change.

Adding in a SARM/whatever would be like going on a holiday when youre having fights with the mrs. All fine and dandy for a while but when you get back and into old routines youre no better off.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
How long have you been doing Strong Lifts? Eventually, even the program Jesus Christ designed, would stop working.