Stomach sensitive whey protein?

Bgoros93

Awards
I have a number of gastrointestinal issues, so most all whey proteins make me extremely bloated and uncomfortable.

Do any of you guys have any suggestions on some tummy friendly whey protein? Thanks so much guys!

elo76

elo76

Awards
  • Established
I have a number of gastrointestinal issues, so most all whey proteins make me extremely bloated and uncomfortable.

Do any of you guys have any suggestions on some tummy friendly whey protein? Thanks so much guys!
Have you tried isolate only?

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established

Try hydrolyzed whey protein isolate

Look into dymatize ISO

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established
I have issues too...as mentioned already dynatize ISO is a good shout, I've also used PES Select Vegan with success!! I'm actually back using PES Select (regular stuff) and doing ok after a couple of months on ISO.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I bet an isolate or vegan protein powder would resolve your issue liked mentioned above. I'd give that a shot if you haven't already.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Are you Lactose Intolerant, or is it just Whey? Can you eat Cheese? Go with Milk Protein - 80% Casein. If it is a Lactose issue, you can just use LactAid (Walmart has a cheaper generic), or, like said above, go with an I$olate. Again, if it is the Lactose, you just need one with as close to zero sugar as you can get - you *don't* need it to be hydrolyzed$$$$

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try a whey isolate based powder like APS Isomorph or iForce Isotean. That should help with the GI upset

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a few buddies who are really sensitive to most protein powders. Both have tried PES Select and had no issues at all.

Also, have you looked into Gut Health? Maybe it would help with some of your stomach issues.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I myself would look into Humapro. It is marketed as a PROTEIN FOR HUMANS; so no whey at all

1 scoop is the equivalent to 25g of protein, with 0 calories. Perfect substitute for a cut or bulk and a way to get in your protein macros without the calorie count

https://alrindustries.com/products/humapro?variant=6240271745

Here are some reviews done by the members here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/281325-alright-alright-alright.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/289669-alri-humapro-log.html

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
I'm lactose intolerant, PES protein and most whey concentrate or blends bloat me and make me gas like crazy.

These are the proteins that work for me:
Myprotein Impact Isolate
Myprotein Iso Pro
ON Whey Gold
ON Hydro Whey
Muscletech Platinum Iso Zero
Dimatyze Iso 100
Ultimate Nutrition Iso Sensation 93

I think the last one I wrote is the best, especially the Cafe Brazil flavor is orgasmic!

compan

compan

Awards
Precision Protein is an excellent option to try. Isotean and ISO-100 are also good isolate options. Other than that, RawFusion is my favorite plant based protein.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Humapro or Pea Protein. Both are easier on the stomach!

FitAngie

FitAngie

Awards
I'm not sure if you are lactose intolerant, but before you rule out the whey being the culprit ( unless you are lactose intolerant ) make sure you are consuming a high quality whey protein free of additives and sweeteners like sucralose, which can cause digestive issues. vegan protein powders, and beef protein powders can be less sensitive to the stomach. make sure the protein powder you are using isn't a mix and straight whey isolate. Hope you find one that agrees with you soon.