QUICKEST WAY TO GAIN MASS?

aaronjones

Banned
Awards
The title says it all straight to the point please. I'm skinny and unable to gain weight no matter what I try.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You need to start increasing calories. Start with more calorie dense foods like peanut butter, bananas and whole milk. Use lots of oats and rice as well.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Post your diet

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
The title says it all straight to the point please. I'm skinny and unable to gain weight no matter what I try.
Caloric Surplus,

you will need to eat more food.

also the quickest way is not always the best due to it causing unwanted fat gain.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Do less at the gym. Just stimulate growth and get out. No volume training, no cardio. Try to reserve calories and activities that will burn calories and raise your metabolism outside the gym. Eat before bed, eat in the middle of the night. Eat all day and eat lots. Drink a ton of water.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1) Find your maintenance calories (eat the same thing for 1-2 weeks)
2) Eat more than your maintenance calories.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
The fastest way to gain weight is to eat more food. Simple. You can also think about adding in a Mass Gainer like Mass Gainz by Iforce Nutrition for extra calories. Although, whole foods will still be your best option.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
[video=youtube;vBE9s8ZpU88]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBE9s8ZpU88[/video]

WATCH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! Wanna gain weight EAT like Dave Tate!!!

But seriously, get your diet in check, EAT EAT EAT and then go from there

compan

compan

Awards
Calculate your TDEE, then add about 1,000k to that. Then lift heavy.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
[video=youtube;vBE9s8ZpU88]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBE9s8ZpU88[/video]

WATCH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! Wanna gain weight EAT like Dave Tate!!!

But seriously, get your diet in check, EAT EAT EAT and then go from there
This is seriously the best video lol

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
If YOU wanna gain weight brah....You need to eat brah

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Also go on a creatine monohydrate loading phase. Like the other dudessaid tho eat and I am also currently taking OL Orig1n helps me to eat past the point of being full. Which helps get those Cals also use MyFitnessPal to help track your macros. I am currently stuck at 180lbs boys on the forum are telling me to eat more which is true. Ask Tylerclee and xtyler

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Do less at the gym. Just stimulate growth and get out. No volume training, no cardio. Try to reserve calories and activities that will burn calories and raise your metabolism outside the gym. Eat before bed, eat in the middle of the night. Eat all day and eat lots. Drink a ton of water.
Liked this by mistake.

None of what you suggested is negative. You should be increasing volume/ inensity to progress.

You will not burn a significant amount of calories in the gym.

Everything you suggested can be overcome by simply eating more.

OP doesn't eat enough

Telling someone to decrease activity in todays day and age is stupid. That's a big enough problem as is

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Go to any buffet and start your engines. I love when the buffet has a sushi section.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I believe it was muscleupcrohn (maybe??) who responded to one of these threads with the best answer; If you're in America, walk outside, close your eyes and point your finger out. Now spin around, open your eyes and ask the person you're pointing at how they got so fat. Priceless

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I believe it was muscleupcrohn (maybe??) who responded to one of these threads with the best answer; If you're in America, walk outside, close your eyes and point your finger out. Now spin around, open your eyes and ask the person you're pointing at how they got so fat. Priceless
Haha, I don't think that was me, but it's pretty damn accurate. Perhaps it was bigt or the_old_guy (please excuse the misspelled usernames)?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quickest way to gain mass is simple. Consume more calories. Whether that is by liquid or food. And don't take what I just said the wrong way. I am in no way saying to get on a liquid diet... I'm saying adding a few cups of whole milk to every meal is a very easy way to add calories and protein. One gallon of whole milk has over 2,000 calories. So drinking even 1/4 of a gallon a day gets you over 500 calories extra.

Sometimes I see mass gains best when I only workout 3x a week. Other times when I train my major muscle groups twice a week I get better results. Don't be afraid to mix it up. At the same time, find a routine and give it time to show results. Stick to it for a while.

I would like to see your current diet and training so we all can critique it and get you going on the right track. I wouldn't jump to supplements just yet (besides the staples) because you want to use them to your advantage. Taking a natural anabolic while having a poor diet and training routine is like taking a drag racing car to the strip on street tires. You won't go anywhere and you are wasting your time.

That being said, what is your experience with supplements? Do you need some suggestions on what staple products you should be using?

deanX

Awards
Great tips around here already. You definitely have high metabolism so less work out at the moment.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whatever you're eating now, add another serving.

I'm not going to reiterate what other posters have said ITT regarding food.

Maintenance +500-700 additional calories. Watch the scale, if you don't gain weight add an additional 200kcal.

Find a strength training program and undulate load/volume.

Best of luck

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Search online for tdee and macro calculators that will help you find out what your total calories and macronutrients need to be each day and that will give you a good estimate. Then you'll have to adjust on your own based on the results you're getting.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Maintenance +500-700 additional calories. Watch the scale, if you don't gain weight add an additional 200kcal.

Best of luck
Great advice as always.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Best of luck
Great advice as always

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like everyone said, calculate your TDEE and consume more calories than that. If you want to be aggressive, 500-700 more per day would work, but if you wanted to be more conservative, around 200-300 above that would also work.

I would also advise buying a food scale and weigh out foods for a while. Initially, I think most people think they can eyeball what a serving is, however, people are usually always off. This is especially true with proteins and fats. Take peanut butter for example, you would be shocked at how small a serving is. Once you weigh out foods for a while, you can get a sense of estimation.

One last thing I would suggest is if you cannot eat a lot of calories, either due to work, lack of appetite, or whatever the issue may be,look into making your own mass gainer or some other type of shake. You could add protein powder, healthy fats, carb sources, etc. It would be a good way to get those macros and calories in and it is a nice way to get extra calories if you do not like eating or cannot eat large amounts.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Going to the buffet right now. I can't wait for the tuna/salmon rolls. I only eat the tuna and salmon and discard the white rice. They probably hate me there lol

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
Liked this by mistake.

None of what you suggested is negative. You should be increasing volume/ inensity to progress.

You will not burn a significant amount of calories in the gym.

Everything you suggested can be overcome by simply eating more.

OP doesn't eat enough

Telling someone to decrease activity in todays day and age is stupid. That's a big enough problem as is
I agree, if something, actually walking instead of taking the bus/car, taking the stairs instead of the elevator etc, is just good for everyone. Nothing you should try to avoid if you can.

Lol, thanks for the laugh.

Ray Donovan

Awards
When I was 18 I weighed 180 (@6'1") and wanted to bulk. So during my 6 week winter break in college I ate semi-normal during the day. But after dinner I ate 2 hours later a dozen blueberry muffins and 2 glasses of milk. 2 hours later mac n cheese with 2 glasses of milk. Then right before bed (2am lol) a 1,000 calorie weight gainer shake. I gained 10 pounds in 6 weeks.

Eat more, son!

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Knowing your TDEE.

Calculate the required amount of carbohydrates, proteins, fats.

Increase of 5% or 10 calories than your TDEE. (Increase each month, with the right assessments)

Eliminate refined foods, foods containing hydrogenated fats, foods and beverages containing simple sugars unnecessary.

Eliminate or reduce alcohol. Better to eliminate them completely.

Increase the water.

Insert good fats (nuts, avocados, almonds, egg yolk ...) without eliminating saturated fats.

Eat lots of vegetables, and some portion (no exaggeration) of fruit.

Intense training, both anaerobic lattacidi, anaerobic alattacidi.
There is the perfect workout, there vary with proper progressions every workout.

Supplements useful for you, creatine, B vitamins, zinc, omega-3.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Stealing from Bodybuildingnerds Radio - there's always the "Plus Lasagne" diet. Figure out all your numbers using all these wiz-bang calculators and come up with a meal plan. Then, when you have your first meal, eat it - plus a big square of Lasagne. Next meal? Plus a big square of Lasange - you get the picture :D

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stealing from Bodybuildingnerds Radio - there's always the "Plus Lasagne" diet. Figure out all your numbers using all these wiz-bang calculators and come up with a meal plan. Then, when you have your first meal, eat it - plus a big square of Lasagne. Next meal? Plus a big square of Lasange - you get the picture :D
That should be called the Garfield diet, haha.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Whole milk , peanut butter , large eggs , ground sirloin and some tuna would be my advice .

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
Add 1 gallon of (preferably 100% grass fed) whole milk/day to your diet, eat a sufficient diet otherwise, and do a training program that focuses on progressively increasing weights on compound free weight movements (squats, deadlifts, bench)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Add 1 gallon of (preferably 100% grass fed) whole milk/day to your diet, eat a sufficient diet otherwise, and do a training program that focuses on progressively increasing weights on compound free weight movements (squats, deadlifts, bench)
I love drinking milk on a bulk. I've never done a full gallon but I do about 1/4-1/2 gallon and it's such an easy way to get in calories.