Supplements to help improve sports performance?

Jakey

Awards
For those of you who combine sports and lifting, (and lifters who want to contribute), what supplements do you use to help you in your sport?

I already use creatine, caffeine, when I have money I add beta alanine, taurine (for cramps), electrolytes and sometimes bcaas.

Ready for some new suggestions ready for pay day. ;)

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
You need to make sure you have a solid multivitamin like Anavite by Gaspare or Fitmen by Formutech. Also I would consider a post workout formula like Finish Line by Iforce. Finish line has showed me a night and day difference over the last 6 months in my recovery.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
LCLT 2g -- Recovery/Peformance
HICA 1.5g -- Recovery/Performance/Endurance
Peak02 4g -- Endurance/Recovery/Performance
Synerglut 2.5g - Performance
Betaine 2.5g - Performance

For bulks that is what you want to look for ^^^^

For products:

Ergonine by PES
Xtend Perform by Scivation
Finish Line by Iforce

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like adding in a natural anabolic product. A product with epicatechin in it definitely helps when it comes to muscle recovery which is essential if you're training everyday whether it be lifting or athletic training for whatever sport you may be doing.

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established
An everyday ergogenic such as Olympus Labs Tr1umph (on sale right now) or PES Ergonine would be my first suggestion as they both contain many ingredients that will help your performance and recovery and reduce the amount of bulk ingredients you may need and also come in at a similar, possibly even lower price. As The Solution stated, PeakO2 may also be of great help in terms of output and muscular endurance.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I like adding in a natural anabolic product. A product with epicatechin in it definitely helps when it comes to muscle recovery which is essential if you're training everyday whether it be lifting or athletic training for whatever sport you may be doing.
I've noticed increased endurance with (-)epi products as well. Definitely can tell a difference during metcons when I'm on vs. when I'm off

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What sport? My recommendations for a powerlifter or weightlifter would be different than for a soccer or basketball player, which would be different than for a distance runner or triathlete.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
HMB-Ca (Calcium bound).
Baking Soda - if acute dosing makes you shjt, serial load small amounts during the day.
A can of low carb/sugar Beets (Freshlike brand has a very low cal Beet - read the cans) and Arugula an hour pre-training/competition.
Tasters Choice Instant Coffee with some L-Theanine.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Burgers....Tacos.....

Finish Line - Top notch product in my book. It has helped out my recovery like CRAZY

Sleep. I feel that sleep is one of the reason's I am able to perform better on a daily basis, if you have terrible sleep then you will have terrible recovery. Look into sleep aids to help with sleep if you are having issues

Intimidate SRT is one of my top sleep aid/recovery/test boosting products that I like to use. I also like to take about 5mg of Melatonin from time to time again

Jakey

Awards
What sport? My recommendations for a powerlifter or weightlifter would be different than for a soccer or basketball player, which would be different than for a distance runner or triathlete.
Lacrosse (in the UK - so not to a high standard hah! )

You need to make sure you have a solid multivitamin like Anavite by Gaspare or Fitmen by Formutech. Also I would consider a post workout formula like Finish Line by Iforce. Finish line has showed me a night and day difference over the last 6 months in my recovery.
LCLT 2g -- Recovery/Peformance
HICA 1.5g -- Recovery/Performance/Endurance
Peak02 4g -- Endurance/Recovery/Performance
Synerglut 2.5g - Performance
Betaine 2.5g - Performance

For bulks that is what you want to look for ^^^^

For products:

Ergonine by PES
Xtend Perform by Scivation
Finish Line by Iforce
I've avoiding Ergonine due to choline content.

I'll look into Finish Line and Xtend Perform.
An everyday ergogenic such as Olympus Labs Tr1umph (on sale right now) or PES Ergonine would be my first suggestion as they both contain many ingredients that will help your performance and recovery and reduce the amount of bulk ingredients you may need and also come in at a similar, possibly even lower price. As The Solution stated, PeakO2 may also be of great help in terms of output and muscular endurance.
Tried Tr1umph,enjoyed the effects but couldn't stomach the taste, felt like throwing it up.
HMB-Ca (Calcium bound).
Baking Soda - if acute dosing makes you shjt, serial load small amounts during the day.
A can of low carb/sugar Beets (Freshlike brand has a very low cal Beet - read the cans) and Arugula an hour pre-training/competition.
Tasters Choice Instant Coffee with some L-Theanine.
Some interesting suggestions in here. Have heard about Baking soda before.
Burgers....Tacos.....

Finish Line - Top notch product in my book. It has helped out my recovery like CRAZY

Sleep. I feel that sleep is one of the reason's I am able to perform better on a daily basis, if you have terrible sleep then you will have terrible recovery. Look into sleep aids to help with sleep if you are having issues

Intimidate SRT is one of my top sleep aid/recovery/test boosting products that I like to use. I also like to take about 5mg of Melatonin from time to time again
A sleep product would be good.

Shame Melatonin is a POM in the UK. :(

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'll look into Finish Line and Xtend Perform.
I actually know a few lacrosse players that train at my gym for local college universities (mercyhurst and gannon university). I have given them a lot of samples of Xtend perform and a few tubs away to them to tell me what they have noticed. Longer endurance & Better recovery where the 2 things they focused on when giving me feedback. Being in a sport where you are constantly running, having either of these products on hand would benefit your performance on and off the field.

NutraPlanet would be a great vendor to pick some up

Hell they are basically throwing in a free Flexatril (joint product) for the same price of perform
https://nutraplanet.com/products/refresh-stack-xtend-perform-free-flexatril-90-tab/

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Recovery is key so I love an all in one product such as iForce Finish Line

compan

compan

Awards
I like Finish Line and Peak 02. I'll either use Peak 02 separately or get it from Quake/Xtend Perform.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Xtend Perform

I use it as my go-to for all workouts, now, but where it really shined was endurance when playing basketball (noticeably more so than my previous staple for years of Compete, which is still great, btw).

CardioTryx (OOS now) is also wonderful before endurance activities, too.

Something with citrulline and other components is great pre (I like Max Reps or Prolific) and I like to add a tab of Bronkaid (25mg ephedrine) as it helps with my breathing.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
CEL EPI-PLEX, is a no prop blend of epicatechin. It is very cost effective and you know how much you are getting. It's a natty anabolic so you can take it year round with great results.

Beta alanine will aid in sports enhancement as well. SNS BETA ALANINE will do you right OP.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If you are looking for staples, then you also want something cost effective enough to be long term.

Ones I use with good success:

-Primaforce Peak02
-Baking Soda (Generic)
-Olympus Labs Ergonine/ Tr1umph
-SNS Creatine
-SNS Creatinol phosphate

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
SNS Creatinol phosphate is a good suggestion. I always notice better strength endurance using COP.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Jakey
for what it is worth.. MST has a promo right now to log any of their products.
May be worth looking into their sleep product to give it a whirl

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/291120-choose-your-own.html habajaba
Thanks, The Solution! That's right. Somnidren and ZMK both offer great recovery for athletes. In fact, our line is really designed for athletes. I'm sure you can find something that would help you out, Jakey. Happy to discuss if you have any questions about MST products!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I logged Somnidren a few years back -- solid stuff

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
Not to be repetitious but I'm going to repeat what's been said about xtend perform and peak O2. Check out any of the logs (mine???) and see the results for yourself. Hard to argue with.

Also I'm a big fan of power max xt if you run dry on creatine it's got a lot of the good daily staples dosed in as well

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Have you considered Epi Plex by CEL?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Xtend Perform

I use it as my go-to for all workouts, now, but where it really shined was endurance when playing basketball (noticeably more so than my previous staple for years of Compete, which is still great, btw).

CardioTryx (OOS now) is also wonderful before endurance activities, too.

Something with citrulline and other components is great pre (I like Max Reps or Prolific) and I like to add a tab of Bronkaid (25mg ephedrine) as it helps with my breathing.
If you are looking for staples, then you also want something cost effective enough to be long term.

Ones I use with good success:

-Primaforce Peak02
-Baking Soda (Generic)
-Olympus Labs Ergonine/ Tr1umph
-SNS Creatine
-SNS Creatinol phosphate
I like Finish Line and Peak 02. I'll either use Peak 02 separately or get it from Quake/Xtend Perform.
Not to be repetitious but I'm going to repeat what's been said about xtend perform and peak O2. Check out any of the logs (mine???) and see the results for yourself. Hard to argue with.

Also I'm a big fan of power max xt if you run dry on creatine it's got a lot of the good daily staples dosed in as well
appreciate all the Xtend Perform and Peak02 suggestions. There is a reason its a big seller and highly praised on this form. The more people I send it to the better the feedback continues to roll in.

Free Shipping on Domestic addy's on NP or a FREE Flex with orders on NP

aloosecannon

Awards
  • Established
Peak 02 is definitely worth a try. You can buy it in bulk from Primaforce or combined with bcaa in Xtend Perform. If I could only use one supplement, this would be it. Creatinol o phosphate has worked well for me, too.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
appreciate all the Xtend Perform and Peak02 suggestions. There is a reason its a big seller and highly praised on this form. The more people I send it to the better the feedback continues to roll in.

Free Shipping on Domestic addy's on NP or a FREE Flex with orders on NP
Are they cost effective options tho?

Quake looks very expensive.

Is it MST that had/HAVE endurance products?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Xtend Perform, Flex, and Peak02 all have fantastic feedback to them. Not to mention if you have seen Rocket3015 Studhorse have been training 20+ years and have never felt better on flexatril. Let alone the amount of wear and tear their joints have had over that timespan.

I could dig up over 20+ Logs on Xtend Perform showing nothing but increases in performance, endurnace, and recovery when people dosed it and utilized it during their training or cardio regime.

You get what you pay for in Quake.
BCAA's at 7g, Nitrates at 1.5g, Citrulline at 6g, 2g Peak02, 1g Capros for performance/pump, You also get a good dose of theanine (200mg) to smooth out the stimulant.
Nothing is short changed and if you have read the feedback there has yet to be something negative said about the product.

While you can always opt for a cheaper pre-workout or something that may have things under dosed or heavily rely on flavoring to sell their product I rather give you something that has the ingredients in the correct dose to aid your performance in the gym.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I read some mention about sleep and recovery. Here are a few sleep/recovery supplements you might consider: Out Cold by Iforce Nutrition, Reviverant G by APS Nutrition and REM 8.0 by Formutech Nutrition. I hope you find what your looking for to help in your training

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Xtend Perform is a GREAT product! helps me power through my 2hr. +workouts, can't workout without it now. (Been lifting for 35 years)
If you have joint Issues Flexatril is by far the best product I have ever taken. I have wasted alot of money over the years on other products that did very little at most.
with the NP deal it doesn't get anymore cost effective than that.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established

MST definitely has a few options for endurance. I do circuit training and HIIT, so endurance is critical for me. My go to is Cordygen-NanO2 Elite. I can't go without it anymore! Peak Elite is another option. And of course, RPG, our BCAA/EAA product. I think Studhorse, hairygrandpa, and ryane87 would confirm they had pretty good endurance bumps from it.

Give them a look. If you want in on the log opp, post over there. We're picking 5 people to log whatever product they like. Would be a great chance to give one a shot for free!

As for price, check out my signature for the code. 50% all day, every day. Can't beat that!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MST definitely has a few options for endurance. I do circuit training and HIIT, so endurance is critical for me. My go to is Cordygen-NanO2 Elite. I can't go without it anymore! Peak Elite is another option. And of course, RPG, our BCAA/EAA product. I think Studhorse, hairygrandpa, and ryane87 would confirm they had pretty good endurance bumps from it.

Give them a look. If you want in on the log opp, post over there. We're picking 5 people to log whatever product they like. Would be a great chance to give one a shot for free!

As for price, check out my signature for the code. 50% all day, every day. Can't beat that!
I did like the "RPG" it is a top notch product! all natural. still have one on the shelf that I haven't busted open yet. Bought 2 tubs if that tells you anything.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In addition to Xtend Perform, I would also look into any of these ergoenic aids: PowerMax XT, Erogine, or Or1gin. These are staple products that contain a host of ingredients to improve performance.

PowerMax XT for example has 5 grams of creatine which increases power and strength, decreases fatigue and improves celluar hydration, betaine to enhance power and endurance, L-Alanyl L-Glutamine to enhance celluar hydration for better endurance and COP that works with the creatine and betaine. All of that for less than a dollar per day.

I would add any of those three and make it a staple.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I've avoiding Ergonine due to choline content.
(

He just said he is avoiding ergonine ......

In addition to Xtend Perform, I would also look into any of these ergoenic aids: PowerMax XT, Erogine, or Or1gin. These are staple products that contain a host of ingredients to improve performance.
While a great product, he doesn't want to utilize it. A few others have chimed in about using it.
Personally I love it, and one of the best ergogenic's on the market.

Jakey

Awards

While a great product, he doesn't want to utilize it. A few others have chimed in about using it.
Personally I love it, and one of the best ergogenic's on the market.
I've used three tubs of Ergonine and I think it's an awesome product, but after a two month run the mood impact was just too much so I can't really afford to purchase it again.

Jakey
for what it is worth.. MST has a promo right now to log any of their products.
May be worth looking into their sleep product to give it a whirl

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/291120-choose-your-own.html habajaba
Thanks, The Solution! That's right. Somnidren and ZMK both offer great recovery for athletes. In fact, our line is really designed for athletes. I'm sure you can find something that would help you out, Jakey. Happy to discuss if you have any questions about MST products!
I live in the UK guys so no promo logs for me!