Supplements to help improve sports performance?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Supplements to help improve sports performance?

For those of you who combine sports and lifting, (and lifters who want to contribute), what supplements do you use to help you in your sport?

I already use creatine, caffeine, when I have money I add beta alanine, taurine (for cramps), electrolytes and sometimes bcaas.

Ready for some new suggestions ready for pay day.

2. You need to make sure you have a solid multivitamin like Anavite by Gaspare or Fitmen by Formutech. Also I would consider a post workout formula like Finish Line by Iforce. Finish line has showed me a night and day difference over the last 6 months in my recovery.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative
    ✯Use Code SWOLE30 to save an additional 30% OFF
    ✯APSNutrition✯ALRIndustries✯LG Sciences✯Innovative Labs✯
    ✯Hi-Tech✯FormutechNutrition✯IForce Nutrition✯

Instagram @TheSwoleNurse - www.YouTube.com/TheSwoleNurse
    •   

3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

LCLT 2g -- Recovery/Peformance
    HICA 1.5g -- Recovery/Performance/Endurance
    Peak02 4g -- Endurance/Recovery/Performance
    Synerglut 2.5g - Performance
    Betaine 2.5g - Performance

For bulks that is what you want to look for ^^^^

For products:

Ergonine by PES
    Xtend Perform by Scivation
    Finish Line by Iforce
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

4. I like adding in a natural anabolic product. A product with epicatechin in it definitely helps when it comes to muscle recovery which is essential if you're training everyday whether it be lifting or athletic training for whatever sport you may be doing.
    Official Strong Supplement Shop Board Rep
    www.strongsupplementshop.com
    Join Us In The Pursuit of Strength - Go Strong!

5. An everyday ergogenic such as Olympus Labs Tr1umph (on sale right now) or PES Ergonine would be my first suggestion as they both contain many ingredients that will help your performance and recovery and reduce the amount of bulk ingredients you may need and also come in at a similar, possibly even lower price. As @The Solution stated, PeakO2 may also be of great help in terms of output and muscular endurance.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by LeanEngineer View Post
    I like adding in a natural anabolic product. A product with epicatechin in it definitely helps when it comes to muscle recovery which is essential if you're training everyday whether it be lifting or athletic training for whatever sport you may be doing.
    I've noticed increased endurance with (-)epi products as well. Definitely can tell a difference during metcons when I'm on vs. when I'm off

7. What sport? My recommendations for a powerlifter or weightlifter would be different than for a soccer or basketball player, which would be different than for a distance runner or triathlete.
    OLYMPUS LABS
    Use BECKI30 for 30% off your order at olympus-labs.com and olympusuk.com

8. HMB-Ca (Calcium bound).
    Baking Soda - if acute dosing makes you shjt, serial load small amounts during the day.
    A can of low carb/sugar Beets (Freshlike brand has a very low cal Beet - read the cans) and Arugula an hour pre-training/competition.
    Tasters Choice Instant Coffee with some L-Theanine.

9. Burgers....Tacos.....

Finish Line - Top notch product in my book. It has helped out my recovery like CRAZY

Sleep. I feel that sleep is one of the reason's I am able to perform better on a daily basis, if you have terrible sleep then you will have terrible recovery. Look into sleep aids to help with sleep if you are having issues

Intimidate SRT is one of my top sleep aid/recovery/test boosting products that I like to use. I also like to take about 5mg of Melatonin from time to time again
    HI-TECH PHARMACEUTICALS REPRESENTATIVE
    Use Code PATRICK30 to save 30% on ALL HiTech Pharma Co.:
    APS Nutrition, ALR Industries, Formutech, LG Sciences, IForce Nutrition

10. Quote Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    What sport? My recommendations for a powerlifter or weightlifter would be different than for a soccer or basketball player, which would be different than for a distance runner or triathlete.
    Lacrosse (in the UK - so not to a high standard hah! )

Quote Originally Posted by NurseGray View Post
    You need to make sure you have a solid multivitamin like Anavite by Gaspare or Fitmen by Formutech. Also I would consider a post workout formula like Finish Line by Iforce. Finish line has showed me a night and day difference over the last 6 months in my recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    LCLT 2g -- Recovery/Peformance
    HICA 1.5g -- Recovery/Performance/Endurance
    Peak02 4g -- Endurance/Recovery/Performance
    Synerglut 2.5g - Performance
    Betaine 2.5g - Performance

For bulks that is what you want to look for ^^^^

For products:

Ergonine by PES
    Xtend Perform by Scivation
    Finish Line by Iforce
    I've avoiding Ergonine due to choline content.

I'll look into Finish Line and Xtend Perform.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPARKS42 View Post
    An everyday ergogenic such as Olympus Labs Tr1umph (on sale right now) or PES Ergonine would be my first suggestion as they both contain many ingredients that will help your performance and recovery and reduce the amount of bulk ingredients you may need and also come in at a similar, possibly even lower price. As @The Solution stated, PeakO2 may also be of great help in terms of output and muscular endurance.
    Tried Tr1umph,enjoyed the effects but couldn't stomach the taste, felt like throwing it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Old_Guy View Post
    HMB-Ca (Calcium bound).
    Baking Soda - if acute dosing makes you shjt, serial load small amounts during the day.
    A can of low carb/sugar Beets (Freshlike brand has a very low cal Beet - read the cans) and Arugula an hour pre-training/competition.
    Tasters Choice Instant Coffee with some L-Theanine.
    Some interesting suggestions in here. Have heard about Baking soda before.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManimalPatB View Post
    Burgers....Tacos.....

Finish Line - Top notch product in my book. It has helped out my recovery like CRAZY

Sleep. I feel that sleep is one of the reason's I am able to perform better on a daily basis, if you have terrible sleep then you will have terrible recovery. Look into sleep aids to help with sleep if you are having issues

Intimidate SRT is one of my top sleep aid/recovery/test boosting products that I like to use. I also like to take about 5mg of Melatonin from time to time again
    A sleep product would be good.

Shame Melatonin is a POM in the UK.
  11. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post

I'll look into Finish Line and Xtend Perform.
    I actually know a few lacrosse players that train at my gym for local college universities (mercyhurst and gannon university). I have given them a lot of samples of Xtend perform and a few tubs away to them to tell me what they have noticed. Longer endurance & Better recovery where the 2 things they focused on when giving me feedback. Being in a sport where you are constantly running, having either of these products on hand would benefit your performance on and off the field.

NutraPlanet would be a great vendor to pick some up

Hell they are basically throwing in a free Flexatril (joint product) for the same price of perform
    https://nutraplanet.com/products/ref...xatril-90-tab/
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

12. Recovery is key so I love an all in one product such as iForce Finish Line
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerTone View Post
    Recovery is key so I love an all in one product such as PES Ergonine or iForce Finish Line
    He just said he is avoiding ergonine ......

Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post

I've avoiding Ergonine due to choline content.
    (
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

14. I like Finish Line and Peak 02. I'll either use Peak 02 separately or get it from Quake/Xtend Perform.
    iForce Nutrition Representative

15. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    He just said he is avoiding ergonine ......
    I'm curious as to why he's avoiding choline.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

16. Follidrone 2.0 for endurance and recovery.
  17. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Xtend Perform

I use it as my go-to for all workouts, now, but where it really shined was endurance when playing basketball (noticeably more so than my previous staple for years of Compete, which is still great, btw).

CardioTryx (OOS now) is also wonderful before endurance activities, too.

Something with citrulline and other components is great pre (I like Max Reps or Prolific) and I like to add a tab of Bronkaid (25mg ephedrine) as it helps with my breathing.

18. CEL EPI-PLEX, is a no prop blend of epicatechin. It is very cost effective and you know how much you are getting. It's a natty anabolic so you can take it year round with great results.

Beta alanine will aid in sports enhancement as well. SNS BETA ALANINE will do you right OP.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    [email protected] ons.com

19. If you are looking for staples, then you also want something cost effective enough to be long term.

Ones I use with good success:

-Primaforce Peak02
    -Baking Soda (Generic)
    -Olympus Labs Ergonine/ Tr1umph
    -SNS Creatine
    -SNS Creatinol phosphate
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

20. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    I'm curious as to why he's avoiding choline.
    Worsens my depression.

21. SNS Creatinol phosphate is a good suggestion. I always notice better strength endurance using COP.
    It's Bea, fcker. Bea Mother****ing Arthur. Dammit........lol

Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

22. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post

CardioTryx (OOS now) is also wonderful before endurance activities, too.
    Where can I find this? I have been looking for awhile with no luck...

23. Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post

A sleep product would be good.
    Check out Growth Factor XT. It will definitely help with sleep and recovery.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

*This Space Available. Rep 4 Hire
  24. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

@Jakey
    for what it is worth.. MST has a promo right now to log any of their products.
    May be worth looking into their sleep product to give it a whirl

Choose your own adventure! 5 LOGGERS NEEDED FOR MST products @habajaba
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

25. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    @Jakey
    for what it is worth.. MST has a promo right now to log any of their products.
    May be worth looking into their sleep product to give it a whirl

Choose your own adventure! 5 LOGGERS NEEDED FOR MST products @habajaba
    Thanks, @The Solution! That's right. Somnidren and ZMK both offer great recovery for athletes. In fact, our line is really designed for athletes. I'm sure you can find something that would help you out, @Jakey. Happy to discuss if you have any questions about MST products!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 09:34 AM
  2. Supplement to help run
    By theBIGcactus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 10:43 AM
  3. Need of supplement to help in the libido dept
    By randy6969 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 03:50 AM
  4. Supplements to help strains, twisted ligaments etc?
    By TulipPrincess in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 03:24 PM
  5. Supplements to help Prostate Cancer Patients
    By Dr Liftalot in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2006, 07:25 PM