CLA anyone taking it?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. CLA anyone taking it?

Anyone think CLA is worth taking? I use to take it a while back and was thinking about buying some more.

2. Studies show it works. Just another case of if the effect is worth the price. It doesn't do any harm, so if you can afford it you might as well
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by csline View Post
    Studies show it works. Just another case of if the effect is worth the price. It doesn't do any harm, so if you can afford it you might as well
    I believe last time I saw that was only in the obese. But to your point, is it worth the price. In my opinion, no.
    iForce Nutrition Representative

4. SNS CLA extreme would do you right OP. Cost effective and properly dosed.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    [email protected] ons.com

5. ya I take it just to take it .. I also take garcinia cambogia to aid in the fat burning process. For those who take it how many grams/day ??
    •   

6. I found a BOGO free deal for EVL Nutrition CLA 1000...180 caps at 1,000mg each, so a 60 day supply.... it was only $29 I think? So a 4 month supply for $30 was well worth it to me. If it only helps lower body fat by .5% the so be it, the value was worth it

7. Quote Originally Posted by jgntyce View Post
    SNS CLA extreme would do you right OP. Cost effective and properly dosed.
    What's the price and dose? If memory serves me correctly, 3.4g was the ideal dose, spaced out with meals... I'd take 4gs a day breakfast, lunch, dinner and night shake

8. I can get 360 caps (1g) for 20$

9. Quote Originally Posted by Steezy View Post
    ya I take it just to take it .. I also take garcinia cambogia to aid in the fat burning process. For those who take it how many grams/day ??
    The most credible studies that actually show results used dosing of 3g p/day, taken at 1g doses before each meal. One study I read used cohorts of 3, 4, 5 and 6g per day with no significant differences between the groups. So it appears CLA has a point of saturation

10. Yes and I like it. I've been taking it for about 3 months. You can get 90 caps 1000mg Tonalin for 12.99 on Amazon, which is pretty cheap.

It takes time to kick in, but I noticed after about 2 months I tended to be less likely to put on bodyfat and seemed to be more muscular/lean. Subtle but for about 13 dollars a month definitely worth it IMO. I use 4g/day.

Recent labs showed my HDL at 72 (very good), total cholesterol slightly elevated (eating a high sat fat diet). Some possibility CLA may lower HDL but mine is still fine.
  11. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Most research is done on obese individuals. for the majority of us on here that does not correlate to us. Most of these people have BMI's over 25-30
    Most of the doses are also at least 6g. And even in obese patients not much was seen or changed from a fatloss standpoint.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16522907

"A 3.4-g daily CLA supplementation for 1 y does not prevent weight or fat mass regain in a healthy obese population."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21697535

CLA does not decreases body weight as compared with safflower oil in overweight and obese male subjects. (4.5g Dose of CLA)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17490954
    CONCLUSION:
    Given at a dose of 3.2 g/d, CLA produces a modest loss in body fat in humans.
    whereas results in humans have been inconsistent.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21990002

The efficacy of long-term conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) supplementation on body composition in overweight and obese individuals: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials.

CONCLUSION:
    The evidence from RCTs does not convincingly show that CLA intake generates any clinically relevant effects on body composition on the long term.

you are much better spending your money on Yohimbine HCL or Forskolin 95 if you want some bulks. CLA is not really worth the merit or time.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

12. Solution brings up a good point. I'd say for the money you spend, you'll get more bang for your buck out of Forskolin 95% and Yohimbine.
    iForce Nutrition Representative

13. Quote Originally Posted by csline View Post
    Studies show it works.
    Any that don't have researchers on board who profit from CLA?

Here's a December 2016 one that is full of fail as well...

Conjugated linoleic acid supplementation does not maximize motor performance and abdominal and trunk fat loss induced by aerobic training in overweight women

14. Yep I'm all about Primaforce Yohimbine HCL... it's a cutting staple of mine

15. I took 2 grams a day for 2 months and recently stopped, I don't think it does anything

16. It causes fatty liver. Not worth the risk over a long period.

17. Quote Originally Posted by protempsfish View Post
    It causes fatty liver. Not worth the risk over a long period.
    What? CLA?

18. I started taking a few weeks ago but looks like I'll be stopping it thanks to this thread. A few less pills to take each day.

19. There are much better things to use your money for. If you want help cutting, use something that's actually proven like: caffeine, ephedrine, yohimbe/alpha-y, forskolin, literally anything from EvoMuse ...

20. Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    There are much better things to use your money for. If you want help cutting, use something that's actually proven like: caffeine, ephedrine, yohimbe/alpha-y, forskolin, literally anything from EvoMuse ...
    I've been looking into Ammo and DCP.. looks promising

21. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Most research is done on obese individuals. for the majority of us on here that does not correlate to us. Most of these people have BMI's over 25-30
    Most of the doses are also at least 6g. And even in obese patients not much was seen or changed from a fatloss standpoint.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16522907

"A 3.4-g daily CLA supplementation for 1 y does not prevent weight or fat mass regain in a healthy obese population."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21697535

CLA does not decreases body weight as compared with safflower oil in overweight and obese male subjects. (4.5g Dose of CLA)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17490954
    CONCLUSION:
    Given at a dose of 3.2 g/d, CLA produces a modest loss in body fat in humans.
    whereas results in humans have been inconsistent.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21990002

The efficacy of long-term conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) supplementation on body composition in overweight and obese individuals: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials.

CONCLUSION:
    The evidence from RCTs does not convincingly show that CLA intake generates any clinically relevant effects on body composition on the long term.

you are much better spending your money on Yohimbine HCL or Forskolin 95 if you want some bulks. CLA is not really worth the merit or time.
    Wise advise here!

22. CLA is good but not something you will see fast results with. It will be beneficial as you take it over time. I recommend it as a healthy fat that will slowly help u stay lean. Also has good overall health benefits

23. I think you will find CLA Extreme to be priced very well

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    mike at competitiveedgelabs dot com

24. @The Solution... Is it true that forskolin is really only good for people with sub %10 BF? Also, what's the optimal dose (mg) and dosing protocol (times per day) for forskolin? Can it be ran with Yohimbine?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-09-2015, 04:27 PM
  2. m5aa-when to take it?
    By JBlaze in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 07:32 AM
  3. S1+ and what you need to take it
    By Fleetcare in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 11:11 PM