Yohimbine in your Pre. Love it or hate it?

BentBarbell

BentBarbell

Awards
So I'm curious, would you rather see yohimbine in your pre-workout or rather not have it?

If so, what do you feel to be the biggest benefit?

If not, why?

Studdscruggs

Studdscruggs

Awards
I enjoy it. I feel it gives me a good appetite suppressant when I'm fasted workout. The pumps are very nice too.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No dose over 2mg, I can tolerate that.....f'in nutjobs out there pounding 10+mg's though

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Never cared one way or another, but Bloodshred Raw is amazing...love the amount of alpha y in it!

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
Pre what? Pre weight training / lifting? Or pre cardio for fat loss? Very different in my opinion.

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
Weight training
Have only tried Bloodshr3d raw on those conditions and really liked it. But guess any other decent pwo should give you similar results. If you are not looking to do fasted exercise for fat loss then I personally don't see much of a point of dosing Yohimbine before a better complement design fully as pwo.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yohimbine in a preworkout is an easy pass for me....hate the way I feel on it for the first few days, give me some caffeine and maybe some 1,3 for a preworkout and I'm gravy

compan

compan

Awards
No thanks for me. I don't react well to it at high doses at all. Most don't have high doses in it, but would rather just avoid it.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can take it or leave it... Never seen much benefit or effectiveness when it's been in the myriad of Pre workouts I've used.

BentBarbell

BentBarbell

Awards
Yohimbine in a preworkout is an easy pass for me....hate the way I feel on it for the first few days, give me some caffeine and maybe some 1,3 for a preworkout and I'm gravy
I've heard of a decent number of people who react poorly to it and it makes them feel back. What specifically does it feel like?

I personally don't mind it but don't see a significant benefit minus sweating.

I do find it really good for fasted cardio though.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I find that it helps my body temperature to rise quicker, which allows me to get into working sets and higher intensity work faster. I also feel like it helps me focus and stay on task better.

The downside is if you're training in a hot/humid gym, yohimbine kicks my ass. I sweat a lot as it is while training, but adding in yohimbine in a warm gym makes me sweat buckets.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed^^^ I definitely notice the difference when i'm taking yohimbine because i sweat a lot more. But overall I like it in a pre just not high dose.

polarcat

polarcat

Awards
  • Established
I find that it helps my body temperature to rise quicker, which allows me to get into working sets and higher intensity work faster. I also feel like it helps me focus and stay on task better.

The downside is if you're training in a hot/humid gym, yohimbine kicks my ass. I sweat a lot as it is while training, but adding in yohimbine in a warm gym makes me sweat buckets.
Totally agreed. I love it though for those reasons, significantly hears me up. I pop a capsule with every pre

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I usually train fasted but Yohimbine dose in pre doesn't do anything. Alpha-Y on the other hand...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
really boosts stim formulas imo........seems most of the kickass pre's have it in there in one form or another-either alpha-y or just straight up yohimbine.

if I'm using EC I will add ycl, not only for the fatburning but for the stim affect also!!! if dosed high enough ycl is great for boners too, definitely an added bonus!!!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to live on caffeine. 200mgs - 3 to 4 X/day. E at 25mg - 3 to 4 X/day. Years ago I'd use Yohimbine at 10mgs - 3 x or more a day with the above. I do prefer Alpha-Y over Y.

Now I've have very little tolerance for caffeine. I'll get benign PVCs (premature ventral contractions) once my heart rate increases during exercise. I can have 1,3 and A-Y alone but add caffeine to either and I get symptomatic. Cardiologist gives my a clean bill of health with perfectly normal valves and structure :)

I recently stated using A-Y fasted cardio and for some reason I'm sensitive to the irritability and mild anxiety - clammy sweats and chills.

Therefore I stick with my premade (pump/endurance/stamina) preworkout that are free from caffeine and Yohimbine and 1,3. This allows me to increase my dose as desired without increased stimulants. I add them selectively and in controlled doses.

Yesterday I saw a decent preworkout formula and I was tempted to put my name into the contest but saw that a single serving had 450mgs of caffeine. The other pump/endurance/stamina ingredients were lower doses than my usual intake but the 450mgs caffeine made it impossible to 1.5-2X dose it. That's just stupid IMHO.

To answer the question - I keep it out of my preworkout formula.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hate hate hate loathe entirely
I love that answer..haha!

I normally hate it as well, but it depends entirely on the potency and nature of the specific extract used. I have said it before but PES had the best ever with their SA-2 extract. I think it would be quite awesome to have that in a PWO!

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't really care one way or the other in a preworkout.
I like it to see it in burners though. Either that or rauwolscine. I've kind of lucked out in that I've never had bad sides from it...I've dosed it pretty stupidly high in the past too.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love that answer..haha!

I normally hate it as well, but it depends entirely on the potency and nature of the specific extract used. I have said it before but PES had the best ever with their SA-2 extract. I think it would be quite awesome to have that in a PWO!
Forever lost...sold out to the "Energy Drink" dweebs lol

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It was in "Animal Test" and that **** made me sick as fuk....So, yohimbe is a no from me, dawg. Lol

Hey are yohimbe and yohimbine the same thing?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
f'in nutjobs out there pounding 10+mg's though
24mg here (4 level red micro-scoops). The *one* study where it did anything used 20mg. It's probably a waste (Y or a-Y) in a PrWO though - most people have food sometime before their training.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
24mg here (4 level red micro-scoops). The *one* study where it did anything used 20mg. It's probably a waste (Y or a-Y) in a PrWO though - most people have food sometime before their training.
they probably got a good boner though, so not a total waste!!!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I'm curious, would you rather see yohimbine in your pre-workout or rather not have it?

If not, why?
Love hate relationship for me. Hated the way it made me feel the first few times using it. But when og alphamine dropped it felt much smoother and gave me a great feeling for the good part of a year cycling it. After that my body was immune and yohimbe wouldn't do much for me.

Jakey

Awards
I've heard of a decent number of people who react poorly to it and it makes them feel back. What specifically does it feel like?

Just thought I'd give you my two cents.

I feel very cold, get shivers / shaking, feel almost like I have the flu, my nose starts to run, feel insanely anxious (like I don't want to leave my room), feel nauseous. This can obviously **** up a workout.

Only a few products contained it that didn't **** me up - Uncut (although sometimes at 3 caps I'd get some minor sides) and the new Game Day (but I'd 1/2 - 3/4 scoop it).

BentBarbell

BentBarbell

Awards
Just thought I'd give you my two cents.

I feel very cold, get shivers / shaking, feel almost like I have the flu, my nose starts to run, feel insanely anxious (like I don't want to leave my room), feel nauseous. This can obviously **** up a workout.

Only a few products contained it that didn't **** me up - Uncut (although sometimes at 3 caps I'd get some minor sides) and the new Game Day (but I'd 1/2 - 3/4 scoop it).
Yeah that sounds like it sucks.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Won't touch anything with it. Even microdosing makes me feel like ****. Doesn't matter which form of it.

Horrific jitters
Heart palpitations
Cold, clamy sweats
Anxiety
Etc

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
have 4 bottles of Performax alpha yohimbine on the way, never used pure alpha.. what dose is good to start with? its 3mg caps

edit: I have used 10mg yohimbine hcl before with no problem

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
have 4 bottles of Performax alpha yohimbine on the way, never used pure alpha.. what dose is good to start with? its 3mg caps

edit: I have used 10mg yohimbine hcl before with no problem
I would start on the low side with alpha-y, everyone responds to it differently. I would start with one cap of TA2 Max and see how you feel. My baseline for alpha-y is half the dose of y-hcl. I will typically go with 10-15mg of y-hcl for fasted cardio, which translates to 6-9mg (2-3 caps) of TA2 Max. As with any stimulant though, start low and work your way up. Alpha-y can be very different and cause different reactions/responses in some users, so play it safe and start with 3mg

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
I like to have agmatine in my pre, and if I'm not mistaken it agonizes a2 receptors. So i assume the Yohimbine fat burning would be negated.

sespress

Awards
Won't touch anything with it. Even microdosing makes me feel like ****. Doesn't matter which form of it.

Horrific jitters
Heart palpitations
Cold, clamy sweats
Anxiety
Etc
Yep me too, from the get go. I see other dudes post that they used to be able to take it but developed those same issues over time. I've never been able to take it. Sucks, seems like if you respond well is really good stuff.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

First few days I get cold sweats but I get this weird stimulant feeling.....its like I'm groggy but I'm also uneasy and can't sit still

After a few days it seems to subside a bit...but those first few days are hell, some of the products I've taken have just way to much and I never get used to the feeling though

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
they probably got a good boner though, so not a total waste!!!
Yohimbe, or any of its various extracts have never contributed to my boners.
Quite the opposite really...he seems to have a nervous breakdown along with the rest of my body.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I handle it no issue, other than Muscletech Hydroxycut Hardcore.

It had like a mix of different versions. I felt like I was on crack, runny nose and jitters ?

I'm sure I ran HCL at 20mg, I do feel a bit in edge ?

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Ehh.. I have adverse sides from it so I'm very careful at picking out my preworkouts. With that said I wish companies would set it aside like "animal test" and OLs bloodshed

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like to have agmatine in my pre, and if I'm not mistaken it agonizes a2 receptors. So i assume the Yohimbine fat burning would be negated.
That is interesting about Agmatine and the alpha-2 receptors...and it appears that you are correct.

Given this, it would kind of make sense for someone that is trying to lose weight/cut while taking stimulant fat burners etc...to avoid Agmatine supplements. Such as many PWO's and some GDA's.

BentBarbell

BentBarbell

Awards
That is interesting about Agmatine and the alpha-2 receptors...and it appears that you are correct.

Given this, it would kind of make sense for someone that is trying to lose weight/cut while taking stimulant fat burners etc...to avoid Agmatine supplements. Such as many PWO's and some GDA's.
I never knew that. I guess you learn something new every day.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I had no idea either! Here I was avoiding carbs and my stim free pwo was doing the damage!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally, in not a fan. For some reason it doesn't sit well for me at higher doses. I have used SNS yohimbine 2.5 so I can have better control of dosing.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards

Or split your cardio and resistance days, or do Yohimbine for AM cardio, and Agmatine for PM weights. That's how I do it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yohimbe, or any of its various extracts have never contributed to my boners.
Quite the opposite really...he seems to have a nervous breakdown along with the rest of my body.[/QUOTE

sorry bout your luck...ycl really improves boners for me!!!

jpadworski

Awards

If not, why?
I love it, I noticed the pre-workout I take now has it and I have bigger pumps(could be the citrulline malate), absolutely no crash, and it is known to give stronger erections.

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I started out liking yohimbe now I don't touch it.