Topic of the Week: What is most underrated ingredient on the market today?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let me know your thoughts.

BentBarbell

BentBarbell

Awards
HBCD and I think intras are the most underrated supplement as well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
vitamin k
tudca
SAMe

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vitamin D... Hardly ever discussed but so many things it's good for!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sub'd

Gridles

Awards
  • Established
Off topic question regarding D3. Back in 2014 my Vitamin D was low at 25 ng/ml and my Dr. suggested taking 2,000 IU's a day. I have been on this protocol ever since and Vitamin D has not been a part of my annual blood panel results since. I have blood work schedule next week and plan to ask the Dr. to include Vitamin D in the panel as a sanity check. How many IU's are you guys taking daily? Also, I read somewhere that Vitamin D3 plays a role in the androgen receptors, would dosage typically be increased "on-cycle"?

shanethomas

Awards
My doc gave me a prescription for 10,000 iu pills and said take one a week. That got my vitamin D up and now he said maintain with over the counter 5,000 iu per week and my vitamin D has been in the healthy range ever since

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A lot of what is being mentioned as underrated, I wouldn't agree. You always see everyone on the boards listing Vit D, NAC, fish oil, etc as staples.

Citrus bergamot
Krill oil
Ubiquinol
Aged Garlic

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Spore forming probiotic such as Bacillus coagulans

Sbell71

Sbell71

Awards
Sauerkraut, Kim chee, cayenne, and fenugreek. Food with benefits

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What spore forming probiotic product do you use?
61pxXqm6ihL._SX355_.jpg

Takes about 2 weeks at 2 a day, but completely eliminated my GI issues. Feel it assists with my endurance in the gym as well.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Curcumin..Vit. D, K,

polarcat

polarcat

Awards
  • Established
Yohimbe and also fenugreek. Not together specifically just those two

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
vitamin k
tudca
SAMe
I just started taking vitamin k (mk-7) to help with D3 absorption. Why do you think vitamin k is underrated?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I just started taking vitamin k (mk-7) to help with D3 absorption. Why do you think vitamin k is underrated?
LOL...why did you just now start taking it?

underrated means it doesn't get as much love as it deserves, imo.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vitamin c 2-phosphate
HICA
Free form Glycine
Ecdysterone 95% hplc

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LOL...why did you just now start taking it?

underrated means it doesn't get as much love as it deserves, imo.
Idk, did some research and decided to include it with my supplement regime. It's definitely one of the obscure vitamins out there but the studies are interesting.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Idk, did some research and decided to include it with my supplement regime. It's definitely one of the obscure vitamins out there but the studies are interesting.
been using it for a little over a year now, even got my mom and wife on it.

it is because of it being obscure that I listed it.

check out SAMe!!!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I guess it all depends on the context and population in question. Are we talking sports performance, general health, etc? Something underrated here on the forum or by the supplement using population in general?

Ashwagandha has gained a lot of popularity here lately, but isn't as popular in the mainstream as it should be; stuff is awesome for many things. I recommend it to most people out there, both for sports/fitness and general health. Spirulina is another great supplement for general health and even fitness that doesn't get that much love. It's often looked at as just another "healthy green" that hippies like, but it's so much more than that really.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I guess it all depends on the context and population in question. Are we talking sports performance, general health, etc? Something underrated here on the forum or by the supplement using population in general?

Ashwagandha has gained a lot of popularity here lately, but isn't as popular in the mainstream as it should be; stuff is awesome for many things. I recommend it to most people out there, both for sports/fitness and general health. Spirulina is another great supplement for general health and even fitness that doesn't get that much love. It's often looked at as just another "healthy green" that hippies like, but it's so much more than that really.
spirulina was all over health food stores 20 years ago, it seems to be dying a slow death since then....agreed ksm-66 is good stuff!!!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
spirulina was all over health food stores 20 years ago, it seems to be dying a slow death since then....agreed ksm-66 is good stuff!!!
There's a surprising amount of studies showing some pretty interesting benefits with spirulina. It's earned a spot in my daily supplement stack. I greatly prefer the tabs to the powder though.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
There's a surprising amount of studies showing some pretty interesting benefits with spirulina. It's earned a spot in my daily supplement stack. I greatly prefer the tabs to the powder though.
God yes..powder is atrocious..and I can damn near drink anything

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Its a great thing to supplement, if we were able to find a reliable supplier isolating for phycocyanobilin, it would have been in K1NGSGUARD

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its a great thing to supplement, if we were able to find a reliable supplier isolating for phycocyanobilin, it would have been in K1NGSGUARD
Yeah, it can take up a lot of space in a capped product when you're just using spirulina itself (2g up to even 6g+), and would likely ruin the flavor/consistency of any powdered supplement it is added to. Luckily it's cheap enough to buy tabs as a daily staple.

Edit: Speaking of Kingsguard, I'm a big fan of Kyolic Aged Garlic Extract.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't know why it's popularity died off-it was like Michael Jackson in the 80's, everywhere you looked it was there, lol.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exactly. Spirulina, Kyolic, NAC, Vitamin D, Boswellia, Bromelain, Curcumin, MSM, and Gut Health (probiotic) are things I take daily.
This Kyolic talk has peaked my interest. Just ordered some. Gut health is a great product for sure.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What about phosphatidic acid?
since you are new here you probably didn't know, but there is a huge multi page thread on PA....

welcome to AM!!!!