Favorite Preworkout of All Time

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
In celebration of our 28.02% off sale on PreWorkouts (shameless plug) I am going to share my top pre-workout products of all time.

Here is a list of mine in no particular order.

BSN No-Xplode - The original I quite liked. Once they switched to the CEM3 bull**** I didn't much care for it but the original No-Xplode was really good.

VPX No-ShotGun - Great preworkout when it came out. Tasted good too.

SAN V12 - other than being ****ING SWEET, it was a really good product and the pumps were amazing.

MAN Octane - tasted like ass but SICK PUMPS. First with Beta Alanine I believe...

Legal Gear Creator - man this **** tasted good and then we switched manufacturers and it sucked...

Attachments

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
never saw Creator back in the day...what did the formula look like Eric?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I remember the first real pre-workouts I used in high school were the DMAA versions of PreSurge Unleashed and Napalm. I remember mixing them in a water bottle in the class before lifting, and then having laser-like focus by the time I got ready to lift, and pretty good vascularity as well. I know that there are supplements today that also have DMAA, and a better overall profile, but I think part of why those stood out so much for me in terms of energy and focus was that I was so new to pre-workouts and stimulants, a virgin really, that it was essentially a whole new world.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any pre that contained DMAA when it was first released. Todays DMAA isn't near the level it was when first released.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Any pre that contained DMAA when it was first released. Todays DMAA isn't near the level it was when first released.
OG Muscle Marinade and IFN Max Intense (DMAA version) were amazing. Would regularly alternate between the 2 and always hit hard as a brick even after months of contuinous use. Now I use DMAA twice a month, anymore and I can barely notice it

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
OG Alphamine even though it wasn't considered a "pre workout". Was for me!

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For some reason I remember enjoying Myogenix Hypershock (one of the earliest ones) very much. Orange flavor.

There's so many tubs of things I went through I simply can't remember half of them.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Di Creatine Malate: 3 grams
Betaine Anhydrous: 2 grams
Taurine: 1 gram
Aspartic Acid 1 gram
DiArginine Malate: 750mg
Glycocyamine: 500mg
Guanidinoproprionic Acid: 500mg

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I am not too proud to admit it...I took Alphamine and literally sobbed like a baby for 2 hours. Something in there DID NOT mix with my brain chemistry. lol

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am not too proud to admit it...I took Alphamine and literally sobbed like a baby for 2 hours. Something in there DID NOT mix with my brain chemistry. lol
wuss

compan

compan

Awards
OG D-Stunner.

Still have a couple scoops left in the fridge. Taste is a 0/10, but damn is it effective.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
man, I can remember 12 hour shifts at the box factory chugging down scoops of og vpx shotgun all night long....I used to drink that stuff like water, loved it!!!

og body octane/clout was a great combo for strength and endurance.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
man, I can remember 12 hour shifts at the box factory chugging down scoops of og vpx shotgun all night long....I used to drink that stuff like water, loved it!!!

og body octane/clout was a great combo for strength and endurance.
I loved the old Shotgun. I still idolize VPX. They used to be cool.

Raisin

Raisin

Awards
I actually found vpx shotgun to be one of the WORST tasting preworkouts I've tried, but one of my top three in terms of effectiveness so worth the buy lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I loved the old Shotgun. I still idolize VPX. They used to be cool.
vpx used to be my go-to for stims...hey, do you remember the original redline drinks that came in the aluminum cans? and that black pearl drink in the can would lite me up. they switched formulas when they went to plastic and aren't nearly as good!!!!

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
vpx used to be my go-to for stims...hey, do you remember the original redline drinks that came in the aluminum cans? and that black pearl drink in the can would lite me up. they switched formulas when they went to plastic and aren't nearly as good!!!!
I remember the black pearl. Ever have the old clenbutrex with the ephedrine in there. Rocket fuel...

Tasted like ****

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I remember the original liquid redline stim. That was good **** too.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm a lot newer too supps so didn't get to try all the og dmaa pre's.

But I did love the the first hemavol, pumps from that painful and amazing.

Don't know why but I haven't had pumps quite like it since.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I actually found vpx shotgun to be one of the WORST tasting preworkouts I've tried, but one of my top three in terms of effectiveness so worth the buy lol
hey man, welcome to AM...haven't seen you before!!!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The OG D-stunner, that was something else lol

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

I loved this stuff. I think cotton candy was my flavor of choice? Also NO shotgun was tight?

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Soany to choose from but I'll keep the breakdown simple:

Favorite exotic stim pre: mesomorph... Yes even before I was a rep for HT this would have been my answer

Favorite non-exotic stick pre: ATP perform kinetic...stuff straight up rocks!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
og vpx shotgun or og alphamine were awesome!

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It had naturally occurring meth isomers + dmaa. I'm trying to bring something similar to the market rn
Say what now.....is that why that chit stood out? That stuff taste horrible, but if you could keep it down mother of god hold on tight

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Say what now.....is that why that chit stood out? That stuff taste horrible, but if you could keep it down mother of god hold on tight
Yeah, the effects will be intense,I would say even more intense than og d-stunner and the taste is not even comparable,we will have cola flavour, do I need to say more ?

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
OG Craze aside, I'd have to agree with much of what's been said, with a few new ones:

OG NO X-Plode: Loved the grape and lemon lime - just don't shake it

OG No-Shotgun: Probably the best non-craze all around pwo I ever had, although I could barely drink it straight. Tasted like cinnamon-apple puke...

OG Muscle Marinade: Best non-craze energy/focus. I would never leave the gym

OG App Nut RPM: Those original caps hit hard after about 45 min (or immediately if you broke them opened and downed the gun powder inside)

App Nut Lit Up and Uncut: Both solid products as well

OG Platinum Labs Defcon-1: I know that PEA is pretty much pixie dust, but something in there gave me amazing euphoria

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
OG Craze aside, I'd have to agree with much of what's been said, with a few new ones:

OG NO X-Plode: Loved the grape and lemon lime - just don't shake it

OG No-Shotgun: Probably the best non-craze all around pwo I ever had, although I could barely drink it straight. Tasted like cinnamon-apple puke...

OG Muscle Marinade: Best non-craze energy/focus. I would never leave the gym

OG App Nut RPM: Those original caps hit hard after about 45 min (or immediately if you broke them opened and downed the gun powder inside)

App Nut Lit Up and Uncut: Both solid products as well

OG Platinum Labs Defcon-1: I know that PEA is pretty much pixie dust, but something in there gave me amazing euphoria
A few other people have mentioned the same thing about the OG Platinum Labs Defcon-1, now wishing I had gotten a chance to try it. Also seeing App Nut reminded me how much I use to love Black Cats, the OG ones were killer

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
A few other people have mentioned the same thing about the OG Platinum Labs Defcon-1, now wishing I had gotten a chance to try it. Also seeing App Nut reminded me how much I use to love Black Cats, the OG ones were killer
Yea, OG Defcon was amazing. It was perfect for metcons because it would just put me in the zone without over-stimming me. Amazing euphoria and endurance for days

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
OG No Explode was my first pre workout EVER. I remember I shook it once and blew my preworkout load all of my room haha

OG Jack3d was my favorite

Mind+Muscle

Mind+Muscle

Board Sponsor
Awards
I feel like there should be some sort of museum where I could go and see all of these on a shelf somewhere. But then I'd probably break in and steal them. And get arrested. And that would suck. But it would be one epic hell of a ride to the station after I drank 'em all!

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
I forgot about LIT up by App nut that was a good product the peach tea if I remember right tasted good as well.... worst tasting was NO shotgun though the one that came with the Toney Freeman dvd