Post Workout Supplements

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards
I have taken post workout blends off and on over the years. They are usually a Creatine and BCAAs based product I have taken Storm by Universal in the past and trying JYM's Post JYM Stack. I like the post work out blends mainly because they are convenient and easier then taking a bunch of individual pills and powders.

Wondering if people have any recommendations on any post work out blends?

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oddly enough Afterglow was the shizzz. Expensive and label was eehhh, but it really made a difference.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd highly recommend iForce Nutrition's FINISH LINE.

It contains daily doses of Betaine, Creatine, and Beta Alanine. Additionally, there's BCAAs, LCLT and L-Alanine L-Glutamine for enhanced recovery.

Rainbow sherbet is my preferred flavor of the lot.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just noticed that Finish Line only has 25 servings. (Why?) Despite that, I would go with Ergonine instead..

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The best IMHO....Nutrex PostLift, been through countless tubs love the stuff. Nutrex is having a blowout Arnold sale...cheapest I've ever seen it.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'll throw in another vote for finish line. It's hard to beat it and the taste is great!

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just noticed that Finish Line only has 25 servings. (Why?) Despite that, I would go with Ergonine instead..
Look at the dosing of everything included. Literally everything in clinically backed at the studied doses. You can't dose every ingredient correctly and offer 60 servings and still have it magically cost $19.99.

If you want a REAL formula that's not prop blended, uses actual science, and is dosed accurately it's going to be a bit more expensive than a bull**** formula.

25srv @ 5 workouts a week = 5 week supply

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have a look at Transfusion which has coconut powder and rehydrates. Transfusion can be Intra and Post as well as Finish Line. I logged Finish Line and it's legit, plus both having open labels makes me smile.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Look at the dosing of everything included. Literally everything in clinically backed at the studied doses. You can't dose every ingredient correctly and offer 60 servings and still have it magically cost $19.99.

If you want a REAL formula that's not prop blended, uses actual science, and is dosed accurately it's going to be a bit more expensive than a bull**** formula.

Ergonine: $26.77 currently at Nutriverse...no too shabby

30srv @ 5 workouts a week = 6 week supply
-or-
30srv dosed as a daily ergonen = 4 week supply

I personally prefer the addition of HICA and the PerformaLean Blend offered in Ergonine over the BCAA's offered in Finish Line as they are not particularly effective without the presence of EEA's to be begin with. Aside from that, essentially the same ingredients and doses. To each their own though...

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Leucine > HICA at all times for me, especially at 4g. Also includes your full daily dose of Beta Alanine on top of it.

Both very good products.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Leucine > HICA at all times for me, especially at 4g. Also includes your full daily dose of Beta Alanine on top of it.

Both very good products.
Yes...both are certainly nice products. I thought Beta Alanine has been officially deemed worthless though? Or is it just worthless in PWO? Can't remember if it was in both cases...

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I am done with Beta Alanine. There is an over used ingredient if I ever saw one.

I don't even really think it's all that useful.

X gels increase soreness right?

Beta Alanine reduces soreness right?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I loved Finish Line when I logged it. It is a solid all in one product that can be used pre workout or post. The one thing I may stay away from is the beta alanine. That is the one issue I have with it. Personally, I supplement with BA daily, but for those that don't may not see the benefits as their are no acute benefits to it. It takes a while to become saturated and to see the benefits from it. If you already supplement with BA, that wouldn't be an issue. I must also say the Rainbow Sherbet is absolutely delicious.

As mentioned, Ergonine is also something you could take post workout and it great!

I would also suggest looking into PowerMax XT. You could take it either pre workout or post workout as well, like the above products. The l-analy l-glutamine is great post workout for recovery. You do have a hydration complex and hydration is also a piece to the post workout puzzle. What I like most about PowerMax XT, and the two other products is betaine. I am for any product with it as it can increase performance and body composition.

http://www.ergo-log.com/betaine-gives-bodybuilders-more-muscle-and-less-fat.html and body composition.

http://www.ergo-log.com/the-anabolic-effect-of-betaine.html

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3844502/

Currently, Nurtiverse has 20% off PowerMax XT, when you add it to your cart and then an additional 5% off that with code AM5. This make the product less than $1/day which is great for an all in one ergogenic aid.

https://www.nutri-verse.com/powermax-xt-by-performax-labs/

AfterShock Reocvery, EVL Re-BULD and Torrent are all good choices too.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am done with Beta Alanine. There is an over used ingredient if I ever saw one.

I don't even really think it's all that useful.

X gels increase soreness right?

Beta Alanine reduces soreness right?
BA increases time to exhaustion.

BA is extremely effective, but it doesn't have acute benefits, thus why taking 3.2g/day every day makes sense. Takes time to reach saturation.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Yeah and why exactly would I desire that?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah and why exactly would I desire that?
More endurance to train longer and harder at your sport of choice.

Far more athletes in this world looking for more than just strength gains. Higher rep sets have also been shown to activate muscle fibers in addition to lower rep sets. It's good to mix in both, and BA helps allow you to do that.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're looking for a post product, I haven't used Finish Line, but I like the formula (and their flavoring has always been solid).

That said, most of those things I get in pre or at other times. I just do whey isolate after my workout. I know people favor blends, but I use those at other times and after my shake I usually eat within 1.5 hours or so anyway.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I'd highly recommend iForce Nutrition's FINISH LINE.

It contains daily doses of Betaine, Creatine, and Beta Alanine. Additionally, there's BCAAs, LCLT and L-Alanine L-Glutamine for enhanced recovery.

Rainbow sherbet is my preferred flavor of the lot.
Finish Line is the GOAT post workout IMO. I have been stuck on the Very Cherry Lime flavor for like 8 months now. Seriously I just about cry when I run out lol

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards

This right here

I think the tub actually has more than 25 to be honest. I share my tubs with my training partner. We train 4 times a week and it still lasts an entire month.

Big_Spaz

Big_Spaz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Finish Line is excellent IMO.

I'm a big fan of All-In-One post workout products (Torrent is very good in this category as well) because I don't want to have to take this and take that, I just want one scoop product at a decent price that covers everything for me. And that's what Finish Line does (and tastes darn good too).

-Spaz

Zariph

Awards
Im from EU and sadly finish line is no where to find in eu retailers, tho as soon as it hits eu, im gonna give it a shot. Has the most beneficial ingredients all fully dosed + i've heard the flavors are spot on

Dukethumper

Awards
  • Established
I just started taking Tr1umph post workout because it has calories and I workout fasted, it this ok?

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Not gonna like (AND WILL SOUND LIKE A SHILL) but I have been using Finish Line religiously and man I notice a huge difference from when I was taking it and when I was not

There are a TON of great logs out there as well that show that the product plain works.

Recently I was using it as an Intra product and my recovery was on par with when I was doing it post workout.

Just my two cents, everything in that container works

compan

compan

Awards
Love Finish Line. Great all-in-one.

I get the reaction from BA occasionally still, but I actually will drink my Finish Line intra-workout. I feel it helps alleviate that feeling I can get.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Another fan of Finish Line.

Also,

Torrent
Blue Star Post Factor
Gaspari Sizeon

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards
I used Sizeon several years ago do they still make this?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

macwad

Awards
  • Established
IMO, Olympus Labs Tr1umph is the best. It has PA, a BMP activator and Alpha-size, plus the other things the others have.

BA is not worthy for bodybuilding.
The research states it only works for exercises between 60s and 240s of duration non-stop (even then it gave only ~6% of improvement).
So, for a regular set, won't do anything.
BA is the most overreated ingredient for bodybuilding IMO.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
IMO, Olympus Labs Tr1umph is the best. It has PA, a BMP activator and Alpha-size, plus the other things the others have.

BA is not worthy for bodybuilding.
The research states it only works for exercises between 60s and 240s of duration non-stop (even then it gave only ~6% of improvement).
So, for a regular set, won't do anything.
BA is the most overreated ingredient for bodybuilding IMO.
Long Interval HIIT, or Sled Drags/Pushes would tap into BA though, and it's cheap. Agree useless for most weightlifting.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They re-released it within the last year or so. I used the old formula maybe 8 years ago but don't recall the exact formula. TBH I am not sure if it changed or not. The new formula is below. I'll compare profiles later when I get a chance.

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/sizeon-maximum-performance-by-gaspari-nutrition?eganon=2a26e63099d87fdd
Sizeon MP was never discontinued. Been available since it was originally released.

Note, sizeon MP is the updated profile from the OG wayyyy back in the day

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been getting a lot of feedback from people using STRAFE™ post workout followed by a meal.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I used Sizeon several years ago do they still make this?
They do and I have heard rumors of Size On Pre Contest coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Size On is some good stuff

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
They do and I have heard rumors of Size On Pre Contest coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Size On is some good stuff
Not exactly Pre Contest, but the new SizeOn will be making many people happy!

Another vote for Finish Line here. Gaspari SizeOn or Universal Torrent are some other good options.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Regarding the BA discussion, werent there studies showing that Creatine + BA gave more lean gains than Creatine alone? Im not a savy studies guy but i belive it was these two:

• Hoffman, J., et al. (2008). Beta-alanine and the hormonal response to exercise. Int J Sports Med. In press.
  • Zoeller RF, Stout JR, O'Kroy JA, Torok DJ, Mielke M: Effects of 28 days of beta-alanine and creatine monohydrate supplementation on aerobic power, ventilatory and lactate thresholds, and time to exhaustion. Amino acids 2007, 33(3):505-510.
Has there been anything more recent that tells us otherwise?

I take BA 2g 3 times a day as im "trying" to become more athletic. Meaning i do HIIT, sled pushes etc when im able. But i always take creatine as well so I was hoping for a double whammy.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Creatine + BA(when both doses properly) will be more effective than one or the other.

Finish Line has you completely covered with both

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A big fat steak and a sweet potato
I tend to keep fats lower post workout (20-30min after lifting)

F-10g or less
Cho- 50g or more
Moderate pro

BentBarbell

BentBarbell

Awards
I tend to keep fats lower post workout (20-30min after lifting)

F-10g or less
Cho- 50g or more
Moderate pro
One of my favorite things I used to do post workout was a protein shake and a box of berries immediately after then a meal an hour or so later.

It felt really healthy and I felt like I had a great insulin response to the meal.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
Everybody praising FINISH LINE should have a look at Nutrex POSTLIFT.