Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
wondering if it would be ok to open capsules and put in hot tea?

would the hot liquid effect the coryceps?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I've seen some studies reference cordyceps and various mushroom teas, although I'm not entirely sure if they were just talking about historical and/or current use. Perhaps someone who works with cordyceps/mushroom extracts knows offhand. You could try emailing Nammex; they make high-quality mushroom extracts and have a lot of info/science on their website.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shouldn't be a problem at all, as long as it's not boiling.

I'd more be worried about the quality of his cordyceps, assumming it's sins is, and not militarious. Much harder to get the conditions right for growing them, lots of fakes out there, and the real deal goes for big money. More than gold supposedly.

I get my Cordyceps Militaris from Mushroom Shenandoah on Ebay. Superman herbs/Lost Empire also carry quality Militaris, but much pricier. Both are a 10:1 extract.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

As is the case with most supplements, quality/source is everything. I am doubtful that you would find it in this product. You get what you pay for....I have tried a few of their products and felt absolutely nothing. I have enjoyed Millenium Sport Cordygen5 though...

B

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

If you already have them then why not. There are a lot of coffe or tea mixes with cordyceps and some have good reviews.

Otherwise I'd look into Cordyceps Militaris. C Sinesis might be OK too but usually it's some not very effective strain.

S

Sloth Hogan

Awards
I researched Barlow's and IMO he's a fraud. His company address links to his house in Florida. Then he stated he as opening up a new center, which was somewhere else in Florida. So I found the address and it's a freaking storage unit. Buyer beware. I have used his Mucuna pruriens before knowing better. Good results. But he's a shady IMO

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I researched Barlow's and IMO he's a fraud. His company address links to his house in Florida. Then he stated he as opening up a new center, which was somewhere else in Florida. So I found the address and it's a freaking storage unit. Buyer beware. I have used his Mucuna pruriens before knowing better. Good results. But he's a shady IMO
This may just be a matter of updates and where mail (i.e. tax information) is done. Not every company has a great big facility. I can think of one company people love on here that from the sounds of it works out of a residence. ones not make the supplements any less effective, just keeps prices lower.

S

Sloth Hogan

Awards
That's one way of looking at it. I had a bad exp with someone who ran his op out of his apt. Longjax, cheap? Red flag.....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thanks for the responses guys. gonna try adding opened caps to tea.