NOTICE You are viewing a global thread. Be aware you may no longer be in the forum category you were browsing.

The case for DMAA - thoughts?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last
  1. The case for DMAA - thoughts?


    We've all known that Hi-Tech is fighting the FDA in regards to the legality of DMAA in dietary supplements. Until very recently, the vast majority of people were posting that there was no way Hi-Tech would be victorious in the battle. Thankfully, some recent happenings in the case have hit the public eye, and I'm curious as to AM's thoughts.


    The FDA has argued that DMAA is not found in nature...yet these are just a few examples of what I have found in the court info:






















    thoughts? questions? comments? have at it.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative Manager


  2. Why is the fda going to such great lengths and measures with this?
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Nac View Post
    Why is the fda going to such great lengths and measures with this?
    The FDA declared it as illegal/unsafe and went as far as sending warning letters to "offending" companies. They didn't really put much effort into it.

    This "effort" is due to Hi-Tech suing the FDA because Hi-Tech believes DMAA to be a legal dietary ingredient.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative Manager

  4. so all in all we goochi mang

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Steezy View Post
    so all in all we goochi mang
    no definitive answers yet, the court has yet to approve/decide for the summary judgement, but I am feeling far more positive about the future of DMAA than I was before I got to see this info!
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative Manager
    •   
       


  6. What does the fda's case for "not safe" consist of

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Nac View Post
    What does the fda's case for "not safe" consist of
    They did not offer any expert testimony, and in the documents I have it conclusively shows that the FDA has zero evidence showing DMAA to be unsafe.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative Manager

  8. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    They did not offer any expert testimony, and in the documents I have it conclusively shows that the FDA has zero evidence showing DMAA to be unsafe.
    In light of the "edited" study, lol what a bust

  9. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    They did not offer any expert testimony, and in the documents I have it conclusively shows that the FDA has zero evidence showing DMAA to be unsafe.
    Wasn't it because of students mixing 500mg doses with alcohol and dieing.
    And someone dieing from something like heatstroke after taking dmaa and running in a really hot weather and probably not drinking.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by bosskardo View Post
    Wasn't it because of students mixing 500mg doses with alcohol and dieing.
    And someone dieing from something like heatstroke after taking dmaa and running in a really hot weather and probably not drinking.

    this is correct. the pills had 288mg of DMAA each, and people took 2.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative Manager

  11. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    this is correct. the pills had 288mg of DMAA each, and people took 2.
    That is a super high dose for one pill.

    It's like putting 500mg of caffeine into a caffeine pill. Takes one tired person to say "oh I'll need 2" and then...issues.
    Lead iForce Nutrition Representative

  12. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    They did not offer any expert testimony, and in the documents I have it conclusively shows that the FDA has zero evidence showing DMAA to be unsafe.
    after the recent 9th circuit court of appeals ruling I have zero faith in the judiciary system....NONE
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    after the recent 9th circuit court of appeals ruling I have zero faith in the judiciary system....NONE
    What case are you speaking of?
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com

  14. in4 DMAA
    Gaspari Nutrition Board Representative
    www.gasparinutrition.com
    Use code DANIEL30 for 30% off entire order

  15. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    this is correct. the pills had 288mg of DMAA each, and people took 2.
    288mg is insane for DMAA let alone 2 pills. I wont go above 70mg daily. It's no wonder they had issues. Sad the FDA takes the worst case ever as a scapegoat. If I took 10 times the recomended dose of any prescription drug we would have a problem just the same.
    Instagram @TheSwoleNurse - www.YouTube.com/TheSwoleNurse

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Nac View Post
    What does the fda's case for "not safe" consist of
    If it does not make money for big pharma...it is not safe..

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    If it does not make money for big pharma...it is not safe..
    I know this all too well in healthcare
    Instagram @TheSwoleNurse - www.YouTube.com/TheSwoleNurse

  18. Quote Originally Posted by NurseGray View Post
    I know this all too well in healthcare
    I work in healthcare too. Respiratory Therapist here..

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    What case are you speaking of?

    the temporary immigration ban.
    Gaspari Nutrition Representative
    www.gasparinutrition.com
    Use code DOUG30 for 30% off entire order

  20. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    after the recent 9th circuit court of appeals ruling I have zero faith in the judiciary system....NONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    What case are you speaking of?
    I am going to take a shot and say this one

    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/06/po...mp-travel-ban/
    Vein Nutrition Rep InstaGram Smith_69_16
    https://www.veinnutrition.com/
    Use code Smith10 for 10% off your order

  21. Quote Originally Posted by dougefresh93 View Post
    the temporary immigration ban.
    hey hey, I replied before you did, so no rep pts for you

    lol
    Vein Nutrition Rep InstaGram Smith_69_16
    https://www.veinnutrition.com/
    Use code Smith10 for 10% off your order

  22. Quote Originally Posted by smith_69 View Post
    hey hey, I replied before you did, so no rep pts for you

    lol
    you linked "fake news CNN" negged.
    Gaspari Nutrition Representative
    www.gasparinutrition.com
    Use code DOUG30 for 30% off entire order

  23. I don't use it, doesn't mean I believe it isn't safe or shouldn't be sold. not at all. Honestly, I haven't used any Hi Tech products, not for any one specific reason, just had my own brands. However, even those who haven't used the brand, don't like the brand or don't like the business practices H Tech uses, they still should show support.

    This case isn't going to be just about selling a supplement, its going to be ground breaking in the sense that the FDA can be challenged and supplement companies; going forward, shouldn't fear the government as they did in the past.
    Vein Nutrition Rep InstaGram Smith_69_16
    https://www.veinnutrition.com/
    Use code Smith10 for 10% off your order

  24. Quote Originally Posted by dougefresh93 View Post
    you linked "fake news CNN" negged.
    jealousy gets you no where, lmao
    Vein Nutrition Rep InstaGram Smith_69_16
    https://www.veinnutrition.com/
    Use code Smith10 for 10% off your order

  25. Quote Originally Posted by smith_69 View Post
    I don't use it, doesn't mean I believe it isn't safe or shouldn't be sold. not at all. Honestly, I haven't used any Hi Tech products, not for any one specific reason, just had my own brands. However, even those who haven't used the brand, don't like the brand or don't like the business practices H Tech uses, they still should show support.

    This case isn't going to be just about selling a supplement, its going to be ground breaking in the sense that the FDA can be challenged and supplement companies; going forward, shouldn't fear the government as they did in the past.
    I am really hoping Hi-Tech wins this, not only for DMAA, but so synephrine HCl can be saved along with higher than 8% synephrine extracts.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative Manager
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 10:44 AM
  2. The Case for Pound-for-Pound Numero Uno!
    By Mulletsoldier in forum MMA
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 02:11 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2008, 11:41 AM
  4. Why a casein/whey protein combo is the best for growth
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 01:19 AM
Log in
Log in