Any natural test boosters that actually work?

rkmich

Awards
Hello all...Anyone used a natty test booster that has actually worked and lived up to label claims?

I recently tried EPG Testoshred and it did absolutely nothing.

Thanks

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
How old are you?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I am an old fart ��... 47 to be exact
I was very impressed with M-Test. I am 37 and the feelz were definitely there. Increased libido, sense of well-being and confidence. I tried it for a log and was so happy I bought another bottle to do 8 weeks.

bristolbuild

Awards
Not really. Go have your test checked and see where your levels are at. If they are low get the real stuff and most insurance will cover.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hello all...Anyone used a natty test booster that has actually worked and lived up to label claims?

Thanks
What were your expectations?

Often, I think people want non natural type results, or similar to those with natural products. Yes, most do work, but depending on one's expectations, the natural product may not live up to what the user is expecting. Additionally, like any other natural supplement, results do rely heavily on training, nutrition and sleep.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Viron, and testruction

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just saw you stated you're an old fart of 47, and I'm an older fart of 52 that just started TRT.
When was your last complete checkup / physical / blood test?

Last edited:
R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What results are you expecting from test boosters? In my experiences, some give you more of a libido boost while some are geared more towards helping body comp changes. At your age, I would just go get blood work (assuming that you are trying to fix symptoms of low T). If you are just wanting additional help in the gym (to go along with diet and training) then we can offer you some suggestions.

What test boosters have you already tried?

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established

Thanks
Rebirth made me horny and stronger with better mood/well being. I know it is not advertised as a t.booster rather than a SERM. My levels were around 350 that period. Just saying

*age 38

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Short answer no. Rise in libido sure, beyond that, good luck.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using AnabolicMinds mobile app
I think that there may be a little more to it than that. While it is true that a test booster isn't going to increase already normal test levels to the supraphysiological levels or provide the benefits that come from supraphysiological test levels, but a properly formulated "test booster" can still provide some of the benefits associated with increased testosterone via other MoAs, things such as increased strength and endurance, improved body composition, increased libido, etc (for example, think ashwagandha as an adaptogen, and forskolin for its effects on cAMP).

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think that there may be a little more to it than that. While it is true that a test booster isn't going to increase already normal test levels to the supraphysiological levels or provide the benefits that come from supraphysiological test levels, but a properly formulated "test booster" can still provide some of the benefits associated with increased testosterone via other MoAs, things such as increased strength and endurance, improved body composition, increased libido, etc (for example, think ashwagandha as an adaptogen, and forskolin for its effects on cAMP).
I agree. However, I'd describe them as providing subtle effects. You're not going to experience measurable results with natty boosters. The best natural muscle builders far and away are ARA and PA, in my humble opinion.

rkmich

Awards
Thanks all for your comments...To try and answer all the questions...haven't had my T levels checked for long time...think I may have lower T, just the usual lowering as we get older I suspect. Lower libido, very rare morning wood, less energy and performance in my strength training. But, overall I am in good health, diet and training solid, body fat about 10%. Just don't have that "edge" like I used to. Was considering an 8 week run of OL sup3r epiA, sup3r 1A, and transdermal DHEA, but more I dug into it, more nervous I got about doing permanent damage to my liver, HTPA axis, etc and be in even worse shape than before I started. So back to natty supps I came. But that isn't sounding like a very positive path either. What to do?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree. However, I'd describe them as providing subtle effects. You're not going to experience measurable results with natty boosters. The best natural muscle builders far and away are ARA and PA, in my humble opinion.
I know what you're saying, but I do think that they can have noticeable, if not earth-shattering, effects over time (an 8-12 week run for example), and some of the more subjective effects (improved libido, reduced stress/anxiety, etc) can also help lead to better results and progress during a bulk, cut, overreach, etc.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. If you aren't expecting TRT results, you will be happy with several products. If you are expecting OTC products to take the place of TRT or perform like TRT, you will be sad. :(

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exactly. If you aren't expecting TRT results, you will be happy with several products. If you are expecting OTC products to take the place of TRT or perform like TRT, you will be sad. :(
Well said. You have to be realistic in your expectations, and also consider risk vs reward; if a natural test booster could provide the same, or even comparable, results as AAS, but without risk of shutdown and potential legal issues, why on earth would anyone use AAS?

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
5g ashwagandha a day. Cheap and very effective, and better yet no proprietary blends that may or may not contain legitimate amounts of test boosting supplement s.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5g ashwagandha a day. Cheap and very effective, and better yet no proprietary blends that may or may not contain legitimate amounts of test boosting supplement s.
Are you using an extract or just powder? I'm fan of KSM-66 and Sensoril (I tend to use KSM-66), but really any extract standardized for withanolide content using HPLC is going to be good to go. Many studies use 30mg/day withanolides, although less has also been shown to be effective, and some studies have used up to 100mg/day withanolides. I just like the convenience of being able to take a few capsules instead of having to mess around with powder.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
I use a 2.5% withanolide extract ashwagandha. It's pretty cost effective compared to ksm-66, at 5000mg a day with 2.5% extract you get 125mg of withanolides for about 50 cents depending on where you get it from.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
The powder doesn't taste the best though, I'll give you that! I toss and wash with orange juice in the morning usually.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nothing natural is going to get you great results. So good natural test boosters are viron by BLR and alphamax xt.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The best I've tried is K1NGSBLOOD by OL....stuff is legit as it comes. Properly dosed with top of the line extracts.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use a 2.5% withanolide extract ashwagandha. It's pretty cost effective compared to ksm-66, at 5000mg a day with 2.5% extract you get 125mg of withanolides for about 50 cents depending on where you get it from.
Nice. Do you know if it's HPLC standardization or gravimetry/titration/etc? Many of the bulk extracts use one of the later methods, which gives an overly-high withanolide content, meaning the 2.5% may be much less, but at 5g, even if it was 1%, you still be getting 50mg/day withanolide I suppose.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
OP, I'd say most of them "work" if they contain the "usual suspects". It's just that "work" has been shown via blood work to be about 200 points in Total Testosterone, at the upper end. Only 100 points has been seen too. So where are you at with your levels? Going from 280ng/dl to 480ng/dl may in fact do *something*. Going from 500ng/dl to 600ng/dl probably won't. Libido can also be increased via non-hormonal pathways, in addition to hormonal (usually 5aR of Testosterone into DHT) - so that's a separate issue, see: https://examine.com/nutrition/do-herbal-aphrodisiacs-work/

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Blr Viron. Rebirth
Diesel pro v2 or v3
Ymmv

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
Zinc Assay. You can get it online. It is the best way to test and correct zinc deficiencies, a simple thing that can contribute to low t levels.

It is a liquid Zinc solution. You take your first dose as a test holding it in your mouth for 15 seconds ( that's what she said).

If you dont taste the zinc within 15 seconds you are zinc deficient.

You then continue dosing daily until you are able to immediately taste the zinc - which means you are no longer zinc deficient which should increase test production.

johnl1800

johnl1800

Awards
  • Established
haven't had my T levels checked for long time...think I may have lower T, just the usual lowering as we get older I suspect. Lower libido, very rare morning wood, less energy and performance in my strength training. But, overall I am in good health, diet and training solid, body fat about 10%. Just don't have that "edge" like I used to.
I'm 53 so I know where you're coming from and could have written what you posted above myself a few years back. My first recommendation would be to get your test levels checked. I went to a TRT clinic and it turned out that my test levels were actually pretty good for my age (650-700). It turns out that part of the problem was that I was simply trying to do too much. Good diet, fitness, body fat levels, test levels, etc. aside, the reality is that at my age I simply had to accept the fact that I couldn't continue to train like I did when I was in my twenties. I ended up doing Wendler 5/3/1 and found that by simply reigning in some of the volume and intensity and getting more recovery time made a big difference in how I was feeling.

Of course you could well find out that you are suffering from low testosterone levels and going on TRT would be the answer to your problems but you won't know until you get blood work done.

Was considering an 8 week run of OL sup3r epiA, sup3r 1A, and transdermal DHEA, but more I dug into it, more nervous I got about doing permanent damage to my liver, HTPA axis, etc and be in even worse shape than before I started.
I wouldn't recommend running any kind of prohormones before having blood work done. The last thing that you would want to do at your age would be to suppress your testosterone production. If you aren't feeling all that great now who knows how you'll feel after PCT. If you don't know what your current test levels are then you won't have any idea if you've recovered at all.

So back to natty supps I came. But that isn't sounding like a very positive path either. What to do?
You aren't going to get huge off of OTC test boosters but for people over the age of 40 they should help with how you feel, recovery, sleep and libido.Even though my test levels are good I do notice that they seem to help with the above and notice the difference when I cycle off of them.

I think that part of the problem is the test booster that you took, (Testoshred). Personally I'm not huge on DAA and tribulus based test boosters which are the first two ingredients in Testoshred (in addition to Bulbine Natalensis too).

I've been happy with TEST1FY and K1NGS BLOOD by Olympus Labs and I've seen good reviews for Alpha Max XT (Performax Labs) and M-Test (Competitive Edge Labs) too but haven't taken either of them myself. I've also gotten good results from non-hormonal products such as ORIG1N and TR1UMPH (Olympus Labs) and Follidrone 2.0 (Black Lion Research).

However all that being said, given your age (47) you should really consider getting bloodwork before you do anything else and then go from there.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I know but it's an insane product. I stand by it as the best formula I have.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm 38 and have not had test levels checked. I get blood work every 6 months at oncologist, I suppose I could have it added.

With that said, I do run natural products like Alphamax XT, M-Test, etc. Like others said, if you have realistic goals they do help. Alphamax XT gives me a libido boost, I feel more aggressive yet calm..if that makes sense. I get better sleep as well. All that to me is worth it.

ultramario12

Banned
Awards
Wait for myokem to be back. Their alphadex is very likable and strong for test boosting. I'm talking a boner at will good while waiting to reap havok on weights good. Slamming some dough and pounding the weights after good

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
BPS dermacrine or Olympus labs Sup3r Dhea both are transdermal.

shanedoolie1

shanedoolie1

Awards
Isn't bps derm super hard to get now that they stopped making it? Idk...maybe not. I just know a couple major retailers sold out like hours after bps announced that.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For the 35+ crowd, dermacrine is great. But for the younger crowd, I would advise against it unless someone is wanting to run it as a base.

When I choose a test booster, I don't really look for what will increase my libido. I look for something that will help me towards my physique goal(s). And that right there is the main reason why I have used many test boosters. Not for the libido, but to aid in my goals. I've done my research on ingredients, followed logs and looked at reviews. I make my decision with all of that in mind and take one product at a time for 8 weeks. I keep notes on what I do and don't like about each product. Once I have tried a few, I look to create a natty stack. I rule out products that overlapping ingredients wouldn't benefit me and I add products that I know work for ME and MY body.

Side note: Keep in mind that no supplement can replace diet and training. This has to be on point.

For example: when I'm looking to cut or recomp, I tend to gravitate towards a test booster that has worked for me in the past that also contains forskolin. If forskolin isn't an ingredient in any products I have tried, I buy it in bulk and add it to my stack. I also usually include ArA in nearly every stack I run except for when I'm logging a specific product (logging is a great way to try something without paying for it). Supplements can be expensive so it's always nice to find what you are looking for and log it. It also helps others.

That being said, my two favorite muscle builders that actually help me with my physique are AlphaMax XT and Anabeta Elite. Both are proven products that most people on this forum absolutely love. I've stacked them both one time and it was incredible.

For mass gains, it's a little bit harder to find a (natural) product for this. Usually, more calories = weight gain. Which is why appetite is important. There are ways around increasing appetite to get calories in (shakes, milk) but nothing can replace real food. Also, many test boosters (not all) have some form of estrogen control in them so it's harder to see mass gains with that unless diet is geared towards that goal. Right now I am using MassMax XT. On beginning of week 6 / 8 right now. Not stacking it with anything yet because this is my first time using it. My diet is clean bulk with 1 cheat day during the week. I have gained roughly 6 pounds so far. I will probably stack it with Anabeta Elite and ArA next.

I hope this helps.

shanedoolie1

shanedoolie1

Awards
Blr Viron. Rebirth
Diesel pro v2 or v3
Ymmv
This!! Most deff. Except, what is ymmv?
The first 2 listed are excellent products that only contain a single ingredient, or only 2 in Viron. They focus on the quality of the particular ingredient and dosing it exactly how it should be to see, and possibly feel an improvement. I'm not a fan of the kitchen sink type of approach, like a lot of products that have already been mentioned but Diesel Test Hardcore and Pro Cycle (dtp) are exceptions by far. If you want immediate results as far as libido and all day energy then one of those diesel products are sure to do it. There are tons of reviews and logs of even young kids in their 20s getting great results with it. Good luck!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This!! Most deff. Except, what is ymmv?
The first 2 listed are excellent products that only contain a single ingredient, or only 2 in Viron. They focus on the quality of the particular ingredient and dosing it exactly how it should be to see, and possibly feel an improvement. I'm not a fan of the kitchen sink type of approach, like a lot of products that have already been mentioned but Diesel Test Hardcore and Pro Cycle (dtp) are exceptions by far. If you want immediate results as far as libido and all day energy then one of those diesel products are sure to do it. There are tons of reviews and logs of even young kids in their 20s getting great results with it. Good luck!
Tried 2 different Diesel products and got absolutely no measurable benefit from them. Just more me I guess but I'm a bit of an outlier.

shanedoolie1

shanedoolie1

Awards
Wow. That sucks dude.. We've all been there tho. Ya just never know until u pay $50 and try it out. :/

shanedoolie1

shanedoolie1

Awards
Tried 2 different Diesel products and got absolutely no measurable benefit from them. Just more me I guess but I'm a bit of an outlier.
Were either one diesel test hardcore or pro cycle? If yes on either, did you get all the way up to taking max dose? Some people can only handle 3 or 4 caps for results. Others need the max dose stated on bottle which is like 10 pills a day

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Viron and M-Test are 2 of my favorites. Add in some Butea Superba and call it a day ;)

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd love to see some people on here try the new Novedex XT. The science behind the compounds is incredibly promising, and the in-house blood work really surprised me.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
aspartate versus aspartic?

very interesting!!!
No difference, just DAA bound to salt. About $12 a month. This stuff (and the smoke and mirrors about "Oh, you didn't use the super secret correct version") needs to die - unless you are a hypogonadal Italian geriatric that wants to go from 250 to 350 for 12 days. The Pharmaceutical company that supplied it for the 2009 Topo study, doesn't even sell it any more - it was *that* awesome, LOL.

Attachments

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know but it's an insane product. I stand by it as the best formula I have.
Don't take this the wrong way, but have you tried any products like Alphamax XT, M-Test, or any of the newer OL products? I would be curious to see your thoughts compared to your product.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
I believe powder city tests by gravimetry and/or titration depending on the powder being tested. Not sure if NMR can be used on Ashwagandha but I know chromatography can, but like you said it's a lot of withanolides for a good price!
Nice. Do you know if it's HPLC standardization or gravimetry/titration/etc? Many of the bulk extracts use one of the later methods, which gives an overly-high withanolide content, meaning the 2.5% may be much less, but at 5g, even if it was 1%, you still be getting 50mg/day withanolide I suppose.

ultramario12

Banned
Awards
I ordered phenibut ..... Completely different the last company I ordered from. The stuff was perfect. Took 1.5 g. And prob was way too pure for that,l.