AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Simple question here. If one already uses Gut Health is there any additional benefits to supplement with digestive enzymes?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Simple question here. If one already uses Gut Health is there any additional benefits to supplement with digestive enzymes?
Too many variables to take into account. If you notice you aren't digesting the food you're taking in/GI issues, then you probably have a food intolerance to that certain food/combination of foods. Digestive enzymes can be helpful in certain situations, but I wouldn't rely on them as I would Gut Health.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Depends on the individual. Personally, digestive enzymes have been a game changer for me, but if you don't have an issue, I don't see the point.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Too many variables to take into account. If you notice you aren't digesting the food you're taking in/GI issues, then you probably have a food intolerance to that certain food/combination of foods. Digestive enzymes can be helpful in certain situations, but I wouldn't rely on them as I would Gut Health.
Depends on the individual. Personally, digestive enzymes have been a game changer for me, but if you don't have an issue, I don't see the point.
Thanks guys, good information. I don't have any problems wit digestion. I go number 2 once every morning, sometimes twice per day.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you are using Orange Triad and Gut Health - that has you covered even more, as it has a digestive complex in there too. Still, you may need enzymes if you aren't producing enough.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you are using Orange Triad and Gut Health - that has you covered even more, as it has a digestive complex in there too. Still, you may need enzymes if you aren't producing enough.
Yes, I use OT as well. I may pick up a product next time I place an order somewhere, but I won't dose with every meal like I have seen some products suggest.

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
I do a couple things for digestive health. I start off my morning with lemon water and apple cider vinegar.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gut health *more than likely* will resolve most of your issues(if you're having any) Some still take digestive enzymes as well though alongside their probiotic/prebiotic

I eat lots of kiwi, pineapple, mango and honey to help with my GI tract. Also, two tablespoons ACV a night

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
I must say I have used the ACV at night and morning and it does help

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
AntM1564 - is there any actual issue you are having? Or are you just curious?

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
I had a lot of stomach issues in 2015, reflux, gastritis, etc. During 2016 I started supplementing with Orange Triad and Oximega Greens, and my digestion in the long run has been drastically better, would strongly recommend.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
i think in general one of the problems may be , we are inclined to put so many supplements inside us with bizarre sounding ingredients it doesnt surprise me that stomach issues can occur.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think digestive enzymes are one of the most underrated things we can use...the food we eat being more and more processed makes them more beneficial

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would say they are not needed, but with diets as they are in this lifestyle it always helps. Added enzymes can increase digestion and aid in the processing of macros to be better utilized.

Zariph

Awards
Which enzyme supplements do you guys use? And how many times you take them a day

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Which enzyme supplements do you guys use? And how many times you take them a day
you need the full spectrum which will help digest carbs , protein and fats .Manufacturers directions vary , so go according to the label.Mine are in capsule form which i sometimes open up and sprinkle on food but not always .

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Majority of people won't need them

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
personally dont ever use them, but similar to the op, ive kicked around the idea. ive never seen any objective science backing a big benefit for healthy individuals (doesnt mean there isnt any, would love to see it though).

all in all, aside from food allergies/food choices/dietary related things... finding ingredients that enhances nutrient absorption/utilization likely has more merit then using enzymes that replicate what our body already is designed to do (which i realize is a very fine line of a difference, so hopefully that made sense).

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
remember its not what you eat its what you absorb.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
remember its not what you eat its what you absorb.
You will literally break down most food. Digestive enzymes just help break down bonds, but most people have no issue with that anyway

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
I found the Scimera Brand that is NSF certified has really helped with my digestion and bloat. Both when i was in offseason and forcing down food and when I'm prepping now. I have a code in my profile as well as Chaos and Pain discount. Also as we all know that getting in real whole foods will really make a difference in digestion and to make sure your veggies are green and try to have them in 90% of your meals. I also mentioned before using the lemon water, Apple cider vinegar, and I also found that adding tumeric to my rice or adding it as a supplement will help with your GI tract as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AdelV Supplements 5
Supplements 4
Supplements 1
Supplements 10
Anabolics 26