4 week cycles?

Studdscruggs

Studdscruggs

Awards
I'm not set on to 4 week cycles just yet. From my past cycles, I have always done a minimum of 8 weeks thinking I'm getting the most bang for my buck.

I have been doing some research and see others doing PH cycles of 4 weeks but also stacking them with 3 compounds to get the most out of it. They claim that the short burst of cycles helps increase muscle (of course on any anabolic) but the sweet spot of it all is the recovery post cycle and maintaining their gains with little to no side effects.

I was thinking of trying one of these?
I have some bottles on hand.

4 week cycle
1 andro
2 andro
4 andro

Pct: Torem 60/60/30/30

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
From my understanding of the old school methylated PH's prior to 2014, yes this was common practice. Less time on the liver, and those compounds had direct conversion and higher bioavailability. But with today's andros, they are not methylated, which means very very low absorption rates, and they take longer to effect blood serum levels. So in this regard I'd venture to guess that a short cycle on andros won't be as effective as a longer one.

Studdscruggs

Studdscruggs

Awards
From my understanding of the old school methylated PH's prior to 2014, yes this was common practice. Less time on the liver, and those compounds had direct conversion and higher bioavailability. But with today's andros, they are not methylated, which means very very low absorption rates, and they take longer to effect blood serum levels. So in this regard I'd venture to guess that a short cycle on andros won't be as effective as a longer one.
That is what I was thinking as well. The older PHs used were mainly used for 4 weeks due to it being so harsh. But these prohormones were andros as as Pbold, M1D, and etc. Newer prohormones. I might give it a run because I have bottles laying around just to see! Never know!

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
Also with the suppression of natural test levels not being as severe with modern andros, I'd be concerned about throwing my HPTA out of whack so frequently. Old ones shut you down pretty hard, and fast. By week 2 your balls are catching zzz's. With andros it takes like 3 weeks just for suppression to really start (from what I know but I could be wrong) and then to come off just week after? I dunno. I'd almost rather shut them down, give them ample time to come back and repeat then just keep them in some limbo of almost off almost on

Not enough research out there :/ Logic only brings us so far lol.

Studdscruggs

Studdscruggs

Awards
Also with the suppression of natural test levels not being as severe with modern andros, I'd be concerned about throwing my HPTA out of whack so frequently. Old ones shut you down pretty hard, and fast. By week 2 your balls are catching zzz's. With andros it takes like 3 weeks just for suppression to really start (from what I know but I could be wrong) and then to come off just week after? I dunno. I'd almost rather shut them down, give them ample time to come back and repeat then just keep them in some limbo of almost off almost on

Not enough research out there :/ Logic only brings us so far lol.
I think suppression would be better than complete shut down! Anything can cause suppression and suppression is gone within no time! I'm assuming due to the lack of length in time they make it up for more compounds. 3 compared to 1 or 2. Crazy different ways nowa days lmao! All we can do is Guinea pig it all!

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
Right? Haha. Starting 8 weeks of 1/4/epi on Sunday. PCT is in hand and ready to go.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Like you mentioned it was largely due to the toxicity of compounds that they were only run for 4 weeks. 8 weeks is a minus for me nowadays and ensure proper cycle support is taken its generally fine. Also the longer your on its normally easier to keep the gains you've made with a decent PCT.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
I disagree with 4 weeks on being due to the toxic levels of some products! "Long steroid cycles can cause a host of problems. For this reason, a steroid cycle should not go beyond 4 weeks
The most important reason why you should keep your cycles short is because of the side effects that are associated with long cycles. For one, there will be a drastic shift in your lipid profile. Your levels of HDL (good cholesterol) will come down while the level of LDL (bad cholesterol) goes up. This can increase the risk of heart disease.

As the cycle progresses, the body's own production of hormones such as Follicle Stimulating Hormone, Luteinizing Hormone and Testosterone slow down and eventually shut down all together. But there will be a fairly high level of Estrogen (from the aromatization of Testosterone) and a normal level of Cortisone.

There is an enzyme called aromatase, whose main purpose is to catalyze the conversion of Testosterone into Estrogen. The male body needs Estrogen, which plays an important role in the maturation of sperms but too much of it can have negative effects. It can lead to testicular atrophy, low libido, enlarged nipples, muscle mass loss and even potentially fatal health issues such as stroke, hormonal cancers and heart attack.

Cortisone, an anti-stress hormone has a catabolic effect on muscle mass but it is usually suppressed by Testosterone. When adequate amounts of Testosterone are not present, Cortisone has a free hand and it starts liquidating the muscle mass that you may have developed through the use of a synthetic anabolic steroid.

The longer your steroid cycle, longer will be the time it will take for your body to renew its production of natural Testosterone. One of the side effects of long term steroid use is an atrophication of the Leydig cells of the testes. When the steroid cycle ceases, the Leydig cells are not able to restart the production of Testosterone immediately because at this point they are desensitized to the effect of the gonodotrophins.

Eventually they will respond and the body will kick start its production of Testosterone but not before you have been through a lot of discomfort. This is the reason why post-cycle therapy is an absolute must after the end of a cycle."

Obviously I'm not talking about andros, more DS and strong bouts of gear! True solidifying the end part of your gains is nice but every week on makes it harder for your body to recover fully! With diet and training on point I wouldn't see why you'd lose anything other than glycogen and water storage anyways

Studdscruggs

Studdscruggs

Awards
I disagree with 4 weeks on being due to the toxic levels of some products! "Long steroid cycles can cause a host of problems. For this reason, a steroid cycle should not go beyond 4 weeks
The most important reason why you should keep your cycles short is because of the side effects that are associated with long cycles. For one, there will be a drastic shift in your lipid profile. Your levels of HDL (good cholesterol) will come down while the level of LDL (bad cholesterol) goes up. This can increase the risk of heart disease.

As the cycle progresses, the body's own production of hormones such as Follicle Stimulating Hormone, Luteinizing Hormone and Testosterone slow down and eventually shut down all together. But there will be a fairly high level of Estrogen (from the aromatization of Testosterone) and a normal level of Cortisone.

There is an enzyme called aromatase, whose main purpose is to catalyze the conversion of Testosterone into Estrogen. The male body needs Estrogen, which plays an important role in the maturation of sperms but too much of it can have negative effects. It can lead to testicular atrophy, low libido, enlarged nipples, muscle mass loss and even potentially fatal health issues such as stroke, hormonal cancers and heart attack.

Cortisone, an anti-stress hormone has a catabolic effect on muscle mass but it is usually suppressed by Testosterone. When adequate amounts of Testosterone are not present, Cortisone has a free hand and it starts liquidating the muscle mass that you may have developed through the use of a synthetic anabolic steroid.

The longer your steroid cycle, longer will be the time it will take for your body to renew its production of natural Testosterone. One of the side effects of long term steroid use is an atrophication of the Leydig cells of the testes. When the steroid cycle ceases, the Leydig cells are not able to restart the production of Testosterone immediately because at this point they are desensitized to the effect of the gonodotrophins.

Eventually they will respond and the body will kick start its production of Testosterone but not before you have been through a lot of discomfort. This is the reason why post-cycle therapy is an absolute must after the end of a cycle."

Obviously I'm not talking about andros, more DS and strong bouts of gear! True solidifying the end part of your gains is nice but every week on makes it harder for your body to recover fully! With diet and training on point I wouldn't see why you'd lose anything other than glycogen and water storage anyways
I was thinking of doing a triple andro stack with the 4 week protocol! Any thoughts?

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking of doing a triple andro stack with the 4 week protocol! Any thoughts?
Personally I wouldn't do andros anymore, the gains you get from them to potentially mess yourself up forever are not worth it! They don't even kick in until about week 3 bro :/ take something like epistane or halo bro

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
Personally I wouldn't do andros anymore, the gains you get from them to potentially mess yourself up forever are not worth it! They don't even kick in until about week 3 bro :/ take something like epistane or halo bro
Yes, and by week 3 your HPTA is already out of whack and then you'll get like 5-7 days worth of noticeable gains and then you're off! I just don't think andros are the "drug" of choice for a 4 week cycle. Maybe MENT could be used for this, but that stuff is serious.

(Although I'm not saying to not use andros lol. I think they have their place in this world. They're generally mild and they do work, but long cycles are needed)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 2
clayface91 Cycle Logs 14
Est1969 Supplements 5
The Neck IronMag Labs 1
Supplements 19