Phenibut, Kava, L Theanine Anxiety Stack Info

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm looking for info. about combining these supplements to reduce anxiety. I get mild tightness in my chest and elevated heart rate from work stress. I'm looking for relief Monday-Friday from 10AM-2PM for the most part. Diet, sleep, and training are on point. I'm 5'6" 210lbs, bench 450, squat 550, deadlift 610. I do not use steroids.

Products
-SNS Phenibut XT powder
-Bulk Supplements Kava Kava extract powder
-Source Naturals Theanine Serene with Relora
1 serving = 300mg magnesium chelate, 500mg GABA, 450mg Taurine, 200mg L Theanine, 150mg Relora, 100mg Holy Basil Leaf Extract

My Plan
I understand these supplements are supposed to be more effective on an empty stomach (which sucks because I'm always in a fed state lol). I'm planning to take 1 serving of Theanine Serene before breakfast Mon-Fri., 500mg Phenibut powder before breakfast on Monday and Friday only, and 1000mg Kava powder Tues., Wed., Thurs., before breakfast.

My Questions
-Does my plan sound OK?
-Given weekends are stress free should I avoid taking the Theanine Serene on Saturday and Sunday?
-How long should it take for the Kava and Phenibut to kick in?
-How long will the effects from a serving of Kava or Phenibut last?
-Does 500mg Phenibut and 1,000mg Kava sound like a reasonable starting dosage?

QMS

QMS

Awards
As it turns out

You can buy this already made from ......... its 70% kava, phenibut , and either valerian or L theanine

QMS

QMS

Awards
The dose depends on the kava extract percentage, ratio or if its a straight powder.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
That sounds amazing, but I'd like to avoid using Phenibut too often. I've read it should only be used 2 or 3x week max.

Ctrout

Awards
As long as your taking days off from the phenibut you shouldn't have any adverse side effects. So if your only using it a few days a week with the weekend off you should experience any problem sleeping or any of the other problems associated with taking it everyday.

shanedoolie1

shanedoolie1

Awards
Phenibut can put you in a tough spot. Most peoples tolerance shoots up after every single use so you have to up it each time for the same effects. I have also read that people get bad rebound anxiety just from taking it for 4 or 5 days in a row, then stopping. I would say, google phenibut withdrawals, or phenibut addiction, or even just google phenibut but read all the negative **** about it. I know it's easy to find some posts and articles saying how great it is and its a cure for this that and the other but 99% of the time, those positive posts about it are by someone selling it or someone that gets discounts everytime you click their link to buy so of course they are gonna spew whatever people wanna hear to get the sale. Phenibut is risky and not even close to worth it imo

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Phenibut can put you in a tough spot. Most peoples tolerance shoots up after every single use so you have to up it each time for the same effects. I have also read that people get bad rebound anxiety just from taking it for 4 or 5 days in a row, then stopping. I would say, google phenibut withdrawals, or phenibut addiction, or even just google phenibut but read all the negative **** about it. I know it's easy to find some posts and articles saying how great it is and its a cure for this that and the other but 99% of the time, those positive posts about it are by someone selling it or someone that gets discounts everytime you click their link to buy so of course they are gonna spew whatever people wanna hear to get the sale. Phenibut is risky and not even close to worth it imo
Thanks for the info. I have a non-addictive personality. I'm also very regimented. Most of my research indicates phenibut used at moderate doses 2x per week will not create tolerance or withdraw.

shanedoolie1

shanedoolie1

Awards
Good deal. Hope it works great for ya. Anxiety definitely is a mutha****a

Ctrout

Awards
My wife runs it like that and she is fine no tolerance or withdraws but make sure you have some caffeine with it other wise you will be dead on your feet !

shanedoolie1

shanedoolie1

Awards
Thanks for the info. I have a non-addictive personality. I'm also very regimented. Most of my research indicates phenibut used at moderate doses 2x per week will not create tolerance or withdraw.
I just re-read your original post. Lol. When I first read it I thought you said you planned on taking the phen mon-fri... As in like 5 days in a row. I now see you said Mon. and Fri only. My fault.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you're having trouble sleeping

sedation_ad+am.png

Sedation is an all in one, and I would try a half scoop to see how it relaxes.
You can use this daily.

Sedation is an effective long-term daily use sleep aid supplement, it is non-habit and non-tolerance forming. Along with good sleep hygiene, Sedation is your solution for a deep restful night of sleep. Taken 30mins-2 hours before bedtime, Sedation not only helps put you to sleep, but also helps you stay asleep. Rest is just as important as diet and workout. When you're asleep, the body rebuilds and recovers, this is when the true growth occurs. Sleep is a vital part of recovery and growth and Sedation is our base product for promoting sleep. If there are days you need extra help falling asleep or if you're looking to be knocked down ASAP, combine Sedation with Comatize.

What's the secret to Sedation?

Vitamin B3 - promotes sleep in people who have insomnia caused by depression and/or stress. Also known as Niacin, a deficiency in niacin can cause insomnia and restlessness, so it's no surprise that supplementing with B3 can promote better sleep. Vitamin B3 also reduces high cholesterol and triglyceride levels as well as the risk of heart attack.

Vitamin B6 - helps converts tryptophan in your body to Vitamin B3 and serotonin, a neurotransmitter that helps regulating sleep patterns.

Rutaecarpine - increases the metabolism of caffeine in this body. This helps the body break down and remove caffeine in the body. As we all known caffeine can contribute to restlessness and awake-fullness, so rutaecarpine aids in eliminating the caffeine in your body and allowing you to calm down and reduce the effects of caffeine.

4-aminobutanoic acid- also known as GABA or gamma-aminobutyric acid, it is a neurotransmitter that can reduce nerve activity, essentially bringing your body down from an excited state and helping to calm you both physically and mentally. Individuals with insomnia have shown to have lower levels of GABA, so supplementing with GABA is important for restful sleep.

Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate + Magnesium Aspartate - along with Vitamin B6, comprises a supplement known as ZMA. ZMA helps the body achieve deeper levels of REM sleep and support hormone effects while asleep.

Melatonin- a hormone that regulates the daily onset of darkness, melatonin promotes sleep by helping regulate the body's internal clock of sleeping and waking hours.

Aminoethanoic Acid - also known as glycine, this supplement has shown to increase sleep quality and improve levels of fatigue and well being the next day due to better sleep

L-y-glutamylethylamide - a naturally occuring amino acid, L-theanine is a psychoactive compound, meaning it is able cross the blood-brain barrier and interact directly with the nervous system. There, L-Theanine works by stimulating the production of GABA, which we know already is responsible for "relaxing" the body's nerve firings. L-Theanine improves sleep in making falling asleep easier and faster and increasing sleep duration.

Valeriana officinalis - also known as valerine, this naturally occuring extract from the Valeriana officinalis plant is traditionally brewed for tea or eaten for relaxation and sedation purposes.

Mucuna pruriens - increases levels of dopamine in the body. Dopamine plays an important role in the brain processes that lead to falling asleep and the REM stage of sleep associated with dreaming

Then there is Comatize but I would not recommend
using it daily.

comatize.png

Comatize is your EXTREME answer to sleepless nights of tossing and turning. Whatever the reason, a few of these pills will knock you right out. This product is so strong that we're warning everyone NOT to take it every day. We've got some potent sleep inducing ingredients that may cause dependence if it's taken too much. In fact, it's so effective we're afraid it may be eventually pulled from shelves! It's no surprise that this product is not for beginners, if you're looking for an every day sleep aid you want to get Sedation. Comatize is for when you're ready to be in a straight coma for the next 8-12 hours, be careful guys!

What's inside Comatize?

PHG (beta-phenyl-gamma-aminobutyric acid) - Compound that has strong anti-anxiety and relaxing properties. PHG acts as a neurotransmitter in mammals by reducing neuron excitability. Reducing the activity of neurons results in calming affects. This compound also supplements levels of dopamine, a key neurotransmitter for feeling happy and motivated. Higher doses induce sleep through its calming effects.

5-HTP
- a naturally occurring amino acid and precursor to serotonin and melatonin in the body. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that helps regulate mood, appetite and sleep. Melatonin is a neurotransmitter in the body that helps anticipate and signal for sleep. 5-HTP increases the production of both serotonin and melatonin to quickly induce sleep.

Kavalactones - a class of lactone compounds that have a wide variety of effects including, analgesic and sedative effects caused by numerous interactions with the central nervous system. We’ve included over 15 different kavalactones that will help you relax and knock you out.

4-(Pyridine-3-carbonylamino)butanoic acid - compound has a positive action on brain circulation and exhibits the properties of a tranquilizer. Effects also included boostedcognitive performance, heighten mental energy and reduced anxiety and stress. This compound can pass the blood-brain barrier so it acts directly on the brain and induces effects quickly.

Humlus lupuls extract - contains a chemical called methylbutenol that has sedative effects on the body. Studies with animals showed that taking compound increased the amount of sleep hours at night.

Mucana prureins - increases the levels of dopamine in the body. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that is part of the brain’s reward and pleasure center, this transmitter makes you feel good. Studies have shown that lower levels of dopamine can lead to insomnia and increased levels of anxiety and stress. By increasing the levels of dopamine, this compound helps induce a more calm, happy and relaxed state of mind for better, deeper slumber.

Huperzine A - increases the amount of REM sleep, causing deeper and better sleep as well as the potential to have more vivid dreams. Also shown to improve memory and retention abilities.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Interesting stack. In to see how well it works

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would add ashwaganda and rhodiola rosea and you've got yourself a stack

muree

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
have you tried tongkat? I have mild anxiety which usually flares up when giving presentations and tongkat (olympus labs LJ 100) helped greatly reduce my anxiety levels.

shanedoolie1

shanedoolie1

Awards
have you tried tongkat? I have mild anxiety which usually flares up when giving presentations and tongkat (olympus labs LJ 100) helped greatly reduce my anxiety levels.
I was just telling someone on another thread about Lj100 and how good it is in pct or off cycle. Never knew it helped some people with anxiety. Cool.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm on a SSRI for anxiety...let me ask, are you having panic attacks or are you feeling a level of discomfort? If you're having just mild anxiety and not full blown panic attacks, I would try the supps you've addressed along with KSM-66. Now if your anxiety is on the other end of the spectrum....those supplements just aren't strong enough to control it.

Are you against going to your doctor and talking about it? I'm not all about just getting on meds for no reason...but...they got my crippling anxiety under control now for the better half of 2.5yrs. I've lived through the torture of anxiety and unless you've had it...people can't understand how crippling it is and how it makes you feel.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I would add ashwaganda and rhodiola rosea and you've got yourself a stack
I'm rocking Jarrow KSM-66 at 300mg twice a day. I've read a lot of positive studies (cortisol reduction, testosterone boost, strength) so I'm keeping it in the mix as a staple. It's pretty cheap too.

tristen22001

Awards
Serious question here. Why can't phenibut be used daily at very low doses? The russian literature says to use 250-500 mg, 1-3 times daily for up to 6 or 8 weeks continuously. If you don't escalate the dosage to go after that euphoric high, would it really be any different than using another pharmaceutical antidepressant or benzo? In other words, keep doses low and steady and slowly taper when coming off it. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

shanedoolie1

shanedoolie1

Awards
Benzodiazepine withdrawals are said to be even worse than opiate withdrawals. It's not a good idea to take phen regularly because for one, different doses effect people different. Some people get faded by only 500mg, some people it takes 2 grams...even without a tolerance so who is to say what a "low" safe daily dose is. For 2, even at very low doses you will still be using a synthetic that will be activating your gaba receptors. So then when you stop, those receptors will begin screaming they need activated in which case, the potential aweful wds will begin.... just my thoughts on it.. It's a black hole that can suck you in so why risk even getting close.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Try this for anxiety:

Each Morning:

400mg SAMe
3200mcg Folic Acid
100mg DIM

This will lower homocystine levels and should help with anxiety and OCD type symptoms. Successfully used it to cure my life long OCD/anxiety.

shanedoolie1

shanedoolie1

Awards
Try this for anxiety:

Each Morning:

400mg SAMe
3200mcg Folic Acid
100mg DIM

This will lower homocystine levels and should help with anxiety and OCD type symptoms. Successfully used it to cure my life long OCD/anxiety.
Cure? So you don't have any symptoms of ocd or anxiety anymore and you don't have to take those supplements anymore?

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Literally it changed my life. Let's say that if my OCD was a 10 before it's a 4 now. I did a single 30 day course and I am a changed individual.

I tried it all. Used to eat Theanine like candy. Kava...nothing. Phenibut...slept great.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Make sure your Kava is quality. This is important. Check the kava forums out there.

shanedoolie1

shanedoolie1

Awards
Literally it changed my life. Let's say that if my OCD was a 10 before it's a 4 now. I did a single 30 day course and I am a changed individual.

I tried it all. Used to eat Theanine like candy. Kava...nothing. Phenibut...slept great.
Thats awesome. There is a lot of good literature on SAMe.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Try this for anxiety:

Each Morning:

400mg SAMe
3200mcg Folic Acid
100mg DIM

I'll keep this in mind if the current line up doesn't work out. I used to like stacking 100mg caffeine with 200mg theanine when studying or taking tests. Very effecting for the alert/focused feeling. I can't say I notice much from the theanine alone though. I tried 1000mg kava extract powder yesterday. I can't tell if it affects anxiety (didn't have any when I took some) but I did notice a sleepy feeling. Still waiting on the phenibut. That's the one I'm most excited to try.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I finished my first week at new job with new supplements. I didn't experience as much anxiety as anticipated. Overall here's how I felt the supplements performed.

Theanine Serene w/Relora: I might keep this as a staple. The effects are slight, but noticeable. If I ranked anxiety on a scale of 1-10 where 5 is some mild but persistent discomfort (e.g., slight elevated heart rate, chest breathing, nervous thinking, but no problems functioning) and 10 is an emergency (can't think rationally, shortness of breath, panick, shutdown) the anxiety peaked at about a 3 this week. Nothing serious but I would say the Theanine supplement dials the anxiety back 1 or 2 levels. It bumps up focus a little too. Nothing negative to report, all good. Effects seem to last several hours (3-5 hours).

Kava: The Kava takes the anxiety down to a greater extent than the theanine supplement. I would say it knocks it back 2 or 3 levels. I also noticed feeling a bit sleepy when the effects kick in. I probably wouldn't use it during the day (I like the focus L theanine provides without the sleepy feeling). I 'think' the Kava slowed my thinking a little. I will most likely use this one on occasion a couple hours before bed. I could definitely see it being an effective supplement to decrease the time it takes to nod off. I'll probably use it 1 or 2 times throughout the week. Nothing spectacular.

Phenibut: The big gun. I'm excited to try this but it just arrived today so I'll have to update.

shanedoolie1

shanedoolie1

Awards
Sweet dude. Thanks a lot for the update and thoughts!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 56
tyga tyga Supplements 16
RIPDanDuchaine Supplements 18
brofessorx Supplements 9
Supplements 7