Good mass gaining supplements for bulking?

Parkerw

Awards
Hey guys, I've been lifting for a couple of years but I'm just now getting into supplements now that I'm In college. I'm starting an eight month bulk and I need some recommendations besides the clear muscle from muscleTech (which I'm not sure if it's even worth my time yet) I'm not too familiar with a lot of brands that aren't mainstream and I'm very open for suggestions and opinions if anyone were to give them!

Parkerw

Awards
Steroids

Srs
I've always been curious but never been to sure about steroids because they are so disputed in the bodybuilding community and I would have no idea how or when or how much to even use. I'm 200 pounds at around 13 bf% right now and trying to get to 220 to 225 whilst not getting above 17 or 18 % would that be a kind of scenario where it would be helpful to start a cycle or would it be better to just stay natural?

Studdscruggs

Studdscruggs

Awards
I've always been curious but never been to sure about steroids because they are so disputed in the bodybuilding community and I would have no idea how or when or how much to even use. I'm 200 pounds at around 13 bf% right now and trying to get to 220 to 225 whilst not getting above 17 or 18 % would that be a kind of scenario where it would be helpful to start a cycle or would it be better to just stay natural?
Stay natural as long as you can and do research on AAS, SARMS, and prohormones!

Parkerw

Awards
Stay natural as long as you can and do research on AAS, SARMS, and prohormones!
Alright I'll do some research, lol I thought I recognized sarcasm for a minute. Is there any terrible side effects from steroids though? The only reason I would've considered it as an option is because one of my lifting buddies from my dorm uses and he doesn't seem to be abnormal outside of his workouts?

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
There can be loads of sides or not many atall, varying from testicular artophy to gyno, depending on what you take and how much! Months of research should be done before thinking about AAS! Stay natty, look up stuff a few good natty products PES anabeta elite, BLR follidrone 2.0, evomuse testruction! Anabolic shouldn't really be touched until you're over 21 at least! You could **** up your endocrine system even after that but you can really mess it up if you start banging hormones when your body hasn't even worked itself out yet! :) with a clean diet 220 from 200 can be done but not quickly unless you don't mind about putting fat on! Slow and steady with a clean diet and you might be able to gain 20lbs in a year without to much bf% gain

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Alright I'll do some research, lol I thought I recognized sarcasm for a minute. Is there any terrible side effects from steroids though? The only reason I would've considered it as an option is because one of my lifting buddies from my dorm uses and he doesn't seem to be abnormal outside of his workouts?
Welcome to the forum. Just because your buddy in the dorms is being stupid doesn't mean you should follow along. When used correctly at the proper age, steroids can be safe. But if you're in college, you're definitely too young to be considering them. They are rarely cycled properly by younger individuals who don't have the knowledge and understanding of what they actually do. They are suppressive (meaning they shut down your bodies natural hormone production), and they can have serious long term side effects.

If you're in college, you definitely don't need to be experimenting with steroids. Depending on your age and how long you've been training, I would keep it simple for now. Lifting weights and getting big is a long road, and there are no shortcuts. If you're new to lifting, I would keep it simple. Stick to the basics (protein powder, fish oil, preworkout, and creatine). Consider using a daily ergogenic product like Powermax XT which will cover your daily creatine needs, as well as provide hydration, endurance, and muscle fullness.

Aside from the basics you shouldn't need much else. Track your calories and make sure you're eating enough. Lift heavy and often. And most importantly, don't look for shortcuts.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Hey guys, I've been lifting for a couple of years but I'm just now getting into supplements now that I'm In college. I'm starting an eight month bulk and I need some recommendations besides the clear muscle from muscleTech (which I'm not sure if it's even worth my time yet) I'm not too familiar with a lot of brands that aren't mainstream and I'm very open for suggestions and opinions if anyone were to give them!
Clear Muscle? Save your money. A. Jacob Wilson seems to have never met a supplement he didn't like - and most other prominent researchers agree (in very respectfully couched replies when asked about his miraculous results). B. Even if it does do something, no way it does what his "study" says it does. C. You need to over-reach to see the possible benefits.

FOOD!

http://www.pbrc.edu/research-and-faculty/calculators/weight-loss-predictor/

Use Internet Explorer and in put your data. At the bottom, change it to "Cal. Increase" and put in 500. How does 15lbs in 8 months sound? (for my old a$$ - younger may be better). It'll be up to you to manage where most of that goes: Muscle or Fat, by proper nutrition and training strategies. Dr. Lonnie Lowery usually gives the best case as 70/30 muscle to fat during a bulk.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As far as supplements go, stick to the staples. These include protein, creatine, aminos, fish oil, multi vitamins, pre workout ... etc.

There are supplements that you can be effective that fall in the "staple" category. One of my favorites is PowerMax XT. Includes a full dose (5g) of creatine mono and is an awesome stim free pre workout.

That being said, I would (like a few others have suggested), stick to the staples and get your diet and training down. Once you have experience with solid staple supplements and start to learn your body and nail down your diet, then you can venture into natty supplements for your goals you want to achieve.

Side note: a quick and easy way to gain mass is drink a lot of whole milk. Full of protein and calories.

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
Best thing for bulking is sticking to a good so called "clean" diet where you are going to feel like your forcing food down. Other supplements that are legal could help such as protein, creatine monohydrate, and CHAOS AND PAIN has a new product called Chemical 1 an Legendary which helped me put on good size. Another thing is adding high calorie things to your foods such as honey for example. Won't fill you up but give you extra calories.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Before we can suggest supplements, we need more info.

TDEE
Lifting Experience
Type of Training
Macro Breakdown

Parkerw

Awards
Before we can suggest supplements, we need more info.

TDEE
Lifting Experience
Type of Training
Macro Breakdown
I'm 19 I weigh 200 pounds I am eating around 3400 calories a day which is a surplus of about 500 calories more than my maintenance. I shoot for around 300 grams protein 100 fat and 250 carbs I do a lot of bodybuilding movements but some powerlifting. I've been lifting for a good 3 1/2 years

Parkerw

Awards
There can be loads of sides or not many atall, varying from testicular artophy to gyno, depending on what you take and how much! Months of research should be done before thinking about AAS! Stay natty, look up stuff a few good natty products PES anabeta elite, BLR follidrone 2.0, evomuse testruction! Anabolic shouldn't really be touched until you're over 21 at least! You could **** up your endocrine system even after that but you can really mess it up if you start banging hormones when your body hasn't even worked itself out yet! :) with a clean diet 220 from 200 can be done but not quickly unless you don't mind about putting fat on! Slow and steady with a clean diet and you might be able to gain 20lbs in a year without to much bf% gain
Jeez, I didn't know what all it did that's a little scary aha. Thanks, I'm not gonna touch them now it seems like it could mess me up for the rest of my life.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I'm 19 I weigh 200 pounds I am eating around 3400 calories a day which is a surplus of about 500 calories more than my maintenance. I shoot for around 300 grams protein 100 fat and 250 carbs I do a lot of bodybuilding movements but some powerlifting. I've been lifting for a good 3 1/2 years
I made you 6' tall - 221 Bro! :D (with proper programming/periodization). Remember TDEE increases as muscle mass does.

Attachments

Parkerw

Awards
Welcome to the forum. Just because your buddy in the dorms is being stupid doesn't mean you should follow along. When used correctly at the proper age, steroids can be safe. But if you're in college, you're definitely too young to be considering them. They are rarely cycled properly by younger individuals who don't have the knowledge and understanding of what they actually do. They are suppressive (meaning they shut down your bodies natural hormone production), and they can have serious long term side effects.

If you're in college, you definitely don't need to be experimenting with steroids. Depending on your age and how long you've been training, I would keep it simple for now. Lifting weights and getting big is a long road, and there are no shortcuts. If you're new to lifting, I would keep it simple. Stick to the basics (protein powder, fish oil, preworkout, and creatine). Consider using a daily ergogenic product like Powermax XT which will cover your daily creatine needs, as well as provide hydration, endurance, and muscle fullness.

Aside from the basics you shouldn't need much else. Track your calories and make sure you're eating enough. Lift heavy and often. And most importantly, don't look for shortcuts.
Thank you! I really just don't know a whole lot about supplements, been lifting for a while but I just started taking protein and preworkout last august and thought it would be good to take some more supps because they seem to be helping.

Parkerw

Awards
I made you 6' tall - 221 Bro! :D (with proper programming/periodization). Remember TDEE increases as muscle mass does.
That's really cool! So hopefully none of those charts show me as obese by the end of the summer hahaha

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
That's really cool! So hopefully none of those charts show me as obese by the end of the summer hahaha
Like I said, 30% will probably be fat, even if you do it perfect. That's 6.3lbs - that's a 3 to 6 week cut. Easy.

And it's just a formula - the most current one out there, but a formula none the less - YMMV.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
I've been researching AAS/PHs myself and the potential side effects aren't that terrible... they can cause you to grow a pair of tits and can cause hair loss, infertility, liver disease, kidney disease, heart disease, testicle atrophy... it's a little harsher than your typical multivitamin.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
While staying natural look into Anabeta elite. Definitely very beneficial as a natural supplement to help put on lean mass. If you are breaking into the game are good starting stack would be ABE/ergonine. A personal favorite of mine.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are a ton of natural supplements that can help you but I strongly advise to just start with the staples until you get a feel of what staple products you like best and go from there.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Crap, I would love to be 200lbs at 13% bf.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
The nutrition advice has been golden and as others have said everyday ergogenic product will be a great start. For that you could look into powermax xt, ergonine, or Tr1umph.

Parkerw

Awards
Thanks to everyone that gave me great advice! It makes me really happy to have finally found such an awesome community

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks to everyone that gave me great advice! It makes me really happy to have finally found such an awesome community
This forum is very different than other forums. It has a family feel to it. No bashing (unless it's needed lol). No question is a dumb question. As long as you are open to suggestions and are willing to learn, you will have a great experience.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got to love the AM crowd. Nowhere else like it for sure. Trolls and aholes slip in but usually gone as fast as they come.
This forum is very different than other forums. It has a family feel to it. No bashing (unless it's needed lol). No question is a dumb question. As long as you are open to suggestions and are willing to learn, you will have a great experience.
Since day 1 for me on AM. :)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So have you decided on what route you are going to take? I would love to help you in all areas. Get everything dialed in for you.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Move heavy ****.
Eat a lot of "clean" food.
Get a lot of rest.

It's very simple really. Track your weight and take weekly progress pictures so you can get a true gauge on how your body composition is in terms of fat gain.

Adjust calories based on these things. I shoot for 1lb a week or so when "bulking" and anything more then that, unless you're coming off of a competition prep is going to be water and fat (given post show rebound is a lot of intra cellular water as well.)

After that's figured out. Multi vitamin. Fish oil. Protein (if you can get enough whole food.... Not just for easy meals)

That will take you a while.

Parkerw

Awards
So have you decided on what route you are going to take? I would love to help you in all areas. Get everything dialed in for you.
Definitely natural if that's what you mean lol. I think I've gotten everything dialed in for the most part, I weigh 210at 13 bf (I look leaner than when I started? I don't know if thats a problem because I'm eating 3100 cals a day?) as of this morning. I don't although if you had any tips on wether I should up my calories even more, I'm not gaining fat and idk if it would help if I was?

Kaiyas_daddy

Awards
  • Established
Anabeta elite + tr1umph + xgels stack. Thank me later.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OP, arachidonic acid is the tried and true muscle building natty supplement. Many members have used Serious Nutrition Solutions X-gels with great results! The suggested stack above would do you right.

Also another natty supplement is epicatechin. CEL EPI-Plex is a no prob blend so you know exactly how much you are getting. Very cost effective as well.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely natural if that's what you mean lol. I think I've gotten everything dialed in for the most part, I weigh 210at 13 bf (I look leaner than when I started? I don't know if thats a problem because I'm eating 3100 cals a day?) as of this morning. I don't although if you had any tips on wether I should up my calories even more, I'm not gaining fat and idk if it would help if I was?
I meant supplement wise...have you decided on a product or stack to use? If your goal is to gain weight with little fat (lean bulk) and you are achieving that with your current caloric intake, I wouldn't change anything...yet. 3100 does seem low. Even for a clean bulk. But we all are different so if it's working for you right now then don't change it.

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
You looking for just a mass gainer type protein or an oral supplement such as prohormone, SARMS, etc?

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Folidrone 2.0 is hands down the best natural anabolic currently available.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OP, have you seen any unsponsored logs that are going on right now for MassMax XT?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
Steroids

Srs
If I never have to see that phrase from BBing.com on this site again it'll be a happy thing. Bodybuilding.com generally is full of retards. (Srs)

Anyway, I highly suggest Phosphatidic Acid in the form of Fearns Soy Lecithin. It's overall the best OTC anabolic I've used I think. BCAAs are pretty good also. PA can cause some bloating and maybe fat gain, but IMO very good for muscle gains.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
Also, if you want to go legit old school.

1 gallon of whole (100% grassfed) milk per day. I've made good gains with it.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I think a basic creatine and betaine anhydrous supplementation would be very beneficial to you. If you haven't really used either, you should definitely see an improvement in your size and body comp. SNS makes high quality bulk products that would definitely help you reach your size goals.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think a basic creatine and betaine anhydrous supplementation would be very beneficial to you. If you haven't really used either, you should definitely see an improvement in your size and body comp. SNS makes high quality bulk products that would definitely help you reach your size goals.
Yes sir! SNS creatine HCL caps are easily dosed and cost effective.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anabeta elite + tr1umph + xgels stack. Thank me later.
That's one of my favorite natty stacks. Soy lecithin from Tr1umph acts as an emulsifier for ArA, and LCLT (Tr1umph) and lodhra (ABE) prevent conversion of ArA into unfavorable metabolites.

Besides that, Orig1n, Orig1n, Orig1n. Excellent bulking supplement that'll help to increase appetite and aid digestion (both of which are very helpful during a bulk), as well as enhance recovery and muscle growth.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
M Test increased my appetite a good bit while on it. ABE + MTest would be unreal for the gains.

That's one of my favorite natty stacks. Soy lecithin from Tr1umph acts as an emulsifier for ArA, and LCLT (Tr1umph) and lodhra (ABE) prevent conversion of ArA into unfavorable metabolites.

Besides that, Orig1n, Orig1n, Orig1n. Excellent bulking supplement that'll help to increase appetite and aid digestion (both of which are very helpful during a bulk), as well as enhance recovery and muscle growth.
This also. I haven't used Orig1n but the reviews all say how much it impacted appetite.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
M Test increased my appetite a good bit while on it. ABE + MTest would be unreal for the gains.

This also. I haven't used Orig1n but the reviews all say how much it impacted appetite.
I always stacked ArA and ABE when I have both in hand. With the recent deals from Nutriverse though I went with a more cost effective route. Mtest stack with epiplex and ArA.

Beat my incline press PRs using DBs. I'd say it's a very potent stack for strength. My weight is at my natty limit so it's fairly difficult for me to go past 190 without looking like a doughboy.

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
No I depending on your age you levels would bounce back so easy. I didn't use one and my bloodwork is perfect. I really liked it