End of DMAA Part 2?

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
According to Marc Lobliner's YouTube channel, Blackstone Labs was raided and they seized the remaining inventory of Dust Extreme, their DMAA preworkout.

Are other companies going to quickly follow and pull their DMAA inventory down? Might be time to stock up if you're a DMAA fan.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
I doubt it will happen quickly. Hi-tech should at least be safe for a little while. Considering the court case and all.

I would still stock up.

Hack75

Hack75

Awards
PJ (the CEO of Blackstone) denied this in multiple posts.

Wonder what's true

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dust Extreme is also listed as "Sold Out" on their website, so Marc's reporting makes sense.

Hack75

Hack75

Awards
I thought their plan was to move away from the DMAA version of Dust Extreme anyways? I thought I read that here somewhere.

Maybe they actually had sold out of it.

Or Marc is telling the truth and PJ is lying in all these social media posts

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah they have a new version of Dust Extreme without DMAA but I didn't see anything regarding a blowout sale on the old version.

He's the owner of the company obviously he doesn't want to scare customers by telling them about the raid. So he's got a video up of them packing boxing up and the only product missing from their site is the DMAA one.

I

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not that I am getting caught up in DMAA or BSL, I saw this and thought it was interesting.

lackstone Labs’ DMAA pre-workout Dust Extreme is currently not available through the brand’s own official website. The supplement’s facts panel and description are still there, you just can’t purchase it. We’ve reached out to the brand quite a few times over the past day or so but have yet to hear anything back.
https://www.stack3d.com/2017/02/dust-extreme-out-of-stock.html

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Meso is still alive and kicking, hell I just saw it at bogo 50%, if its something you enjoy though, I dont think a stock up effort is a far fetched idea

irishiron300

irishiron300

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It was known in Nov that BSL was moving away from DMAA for a different product. I started a thread round that time here. They planned to sell remaining product at reg price. Not saying BSL wasn't raided...just that we've known they were moving in a different direction awhile ago.

irishiron300

irishiron300

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also think DMAA will be hanging round for awhile. My thoughts are the powers that be have their sights on other things for the time being...

King4Dday

King4Dday

Awards
BSL is suppose to have a new compound for the new dust "better & safer" then DMAA just a RUMOR that I heard.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I thought BSL was putting something "extra" into their dust that is why they got raided. Granted it's all rumors and nobody will ever know whats up

theatb

Awards
I thought BSL was putting something "extra" into their dust that is why they got raided. Granted it's all rumors and nobody will ever know whats up
This is what I was thinking.. Haven't read anything anywhere about it though. Doubt they'd pick BSL out of everyone just for DMAA.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Just another hit to the ever loving supplement industry.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did anyone watch Lobliners part 2 update video about it? Its pretty interesting.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi Tech is honestly very stupid for continuing to think they're smarter than the FDA. It will catch up to them very quickly. It's also going to impact sites selling DMAA still. FDA doesn't take too kindly to that kind of stuff.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The gorilla chemist said no it's not dmha but better.
Interested to see what they come out with then and honestly glad its not DMHA. I really like DMHA but every new pre is starting to contain it, market is becoming more than saturated IMO

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Hi Tech is honestly very stupid for continuing to think they're smarter than the FDA. It will catch up to them very quickly. It's also going to impact sites selling DMAA still. FDA doesn't take too kindly to that kind of stuff.
I don't think it is so called stupid, remember they spent a lot of money to fight this and to just give up now would be a big/huge defeat. you are committed so it will be a win for h tech; showing that they aren't going to back down from the fda and others will or may follow suit.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think it is so called stupid, remember they spent a lot of money to fight this and to just give up now would be a big/huge defeat. you are committed so it will be a win for h tech; showing that they aren't going to back down from the fda and others will or may follow suit.
In the long run they will lose way more $$$ than they will gain. Standing up to the FDA rarely works. And let's not pretend like DMAA is Gods gift to supplements. It's ok, nothing special at all IMO.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In the long run they will lose way more $$$ than they will gain. Standing up to the FDA rarely works. And let's not pretend like DMAA is Gods gift to supplements. It's ok, nothing special at all IMO.
Not sure how much this law suit will cost Hi Tech but they have been making money hand over fist with Meso, Wicked, and all the other pres and fat burners they have with DMAA. Just speculating but unless they get hit with a huge multi-million dollar fine I think they will come out in the black on this deal

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Forgive my ignorance and lack of significant research of my own on the issue, but why exactly does the FDA have such a big dick for DMAA? I mean I at least can understand the argument for the andro/prohormone witch hunt, though I don't necessarily agree with it, but DMAA? I mean from a safety standpoint pretty much anything in an OTC pharmacy can be dangerous or harmful extremely easily if used in the wrong manner, quantity, or by the wrong person? Just not seeing what the big deal is with it.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Forgive my ignorance and lack of significant research of my own on the issue, but why exactly does the FDA have such a big dick for DMAA? I mean I at least can understand the argument for the andro/prohormone witch hunt, though I don't necessarily agree with it, but DMAA? I mean from a safety standpoint pretty much anything in an OTC pharmacy can be dangerous or harmful extremely easily if used in the wrong manner, quantity, or by the wrong person? Just not seeing what the big deal is with it.
I think what really triggered all of this was a few years a guy in the military died while taking Jack3d. This was like 2013 I want to say. But essentially he took too much then proceeded to go run drills for a few hours in the extreme heat. The details are a little fuzzy since it was a few years but I think that really got the ball rolling. I think there was another case of a marathon running who passed away while on DMAA. I am sure others who have a better memory can chime in here

But essentially dont take DMAA and try to do massive amounts of cardio in the extreme heat.

Edit: This link provides a decent timeline of what happened. https://www.truthinadvertising.org/jack3d-marketed-as-safe-despite-reports-of-related-deaths/

Edit: The DOD did a study on DMAA later and found it was not the true cause of the soliders deathL https://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/news/2013/08/dmaa-cleared-in-army-deaths-still-poses-risks.aspx

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
It's all just a machine. Once something is labeled "bad" it literally becomes a crusade for them. I wish we could have a government that didn't take this tactic. We should start a petition campaign...

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry have to disagree...it IS Gods gift to supplements and still to this day, no one has been able to find anything better stim wise. Some don't like it...but there is a huge population even outside these forums that know and love DMAA.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I think for preworkouts it's great but as a fat burner its just OK. HiTech is doing it correctly and allowing the courts to decide. It's the only thing that we have a people.

DMAA was never really all that special when PA brought it to market. That's why he didn't cash out with it.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Because DMAA was released without an NDI or safety data. We know it's safe only a long time after it was released and USPlabs funded studies on it.

Any ingredient not sold prior to DSHEA needs to have an NDI filed. Some companies claim DMAA is found in nature because there are inconsistent reports in really old journals that it does exist, however if proven false, DMAA was released to the public without anyone knowing if it were safe or not

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The gorilla chemist said no it's not dmha but better.
I hope its not Teacrine. DMAA and Teacrine are so different. While I believe it's hard to build a tolerance to Teacrine, it doesn't hit anywhere as hard as DMAA does.

Nothing has compared to the OG Jack3d for me energy wise, but I did like the focus in Dust Extreme.

King4Dday

King4Dday

Awards
I hope its not Teacrine. DMAA and Teacrine are so different. While I believe it's hard to build a tolerance to Teacrine, it doesn't hit anywhere as hard as DMAA does.

Nothing has compared to the OG Jack3d for me energy wise, but I did like the focus in Dust Extreme.
R.I.P Dust extreme

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
R.I.P Dust extreme
Fukking DMHA, I knew it! Maybe I am the Gorilla Chemist :)

But in all seriousness, this new version sucks, just another face in the crowd now. I am starting to see their PHD formulator may not be money well spent

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fukking DMHA, I knew it! Maybe I am the Gorilla Chemist :)

But in all seriousness, this new version sucks, just another face in the crowd now. I am starting to see their PHD formulator may not be money well spent
Lol of course...what the hell is left other than DMHA. Something must be up with Noopept for it to be removed in favor PEA. I actually like PEA alot. Now its 25 servings for the same price as the old 30 serving. Same b.s. Metabolic did with E.S.P. but they just wiped out 3 ingredients and replaced with nothing lol...f'in scabs

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol of course...what the hell is left other than DMHA. Something must be up with Noopept for it to be removed in favor PEA. I actually like PEA alot. Now its 25 servings for the same price as the old 30 serving. Same b.s. Metabolic did with E.S.P. but they just wiped out 3 ingredients and replaced with nothing lol...f'in scabs
Exactly...running out of decent stims now. Earlier in this thread someone posted a pic of the Gorilla Chemist testing new stims for the Dust Extreme replacement so I had high hopes they were doing something novel. Turns out that was a pipe dream. And lol at ESP, I saw that and was like WTF. So you pull out essentially the cornerstone of the formula and replace with nothing, and yet its the same price...umm ok.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
It's a sad day when you have this kind of corruption for no reason...

King4Dday

King4Dday

Awards
Exactly...running out of decent stims now. Earlier in this thread someone posted a pic of the Gorilla Chemist testing new stims for the Dust Extreme replacement so I had high hopes they were doing something novel. Turns out that was a pipe dream. And lol at ESP, I saw that and was like WTF. So you pull out essentially the cornerstone of the formula and replace with nothing, and yet its the same price...umm ok.
That was me I got excited I guess for no reason

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's a sad day when you have this kind of corruption for no reason...
U.S. Gov't = POS.....exposed and humiliated. Love it....dying to see the fallout from this debacle.

And Ron Kramer is still relevant? Was hoping he fell off the earth.....literally.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
It's really pathetic what our "justice" department has become. They should be a shining example of integrity.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Haha, good find by HT.