What is the best Creatine Supp?

Dukethumper

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently almost out of my Transparent Labs Creatine HMB and was wondering if there are better options out there for a cut and for gains, thanks. Also, is Creatine Magnapower any better than Monohydrate?

monsterish

monsterish

Awards
Creatine in creatine. Don't get sucked into the this one is better and end up paying a **** load more. I usually just get the one on sale lol

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^ I'm about the same. I usually pick up the cheapest creatine monohydrate and use 5g daily in my protein shake.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Creatine Monohydrate
The most studied on the market
Take 5g for 30 days, then take 3-5g on workout days (at least 3-4x a week)
no need to load or cycle.

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys I do not want to highjack the thread so apologise to the OP in advance but I have NEVER taken any supplements other that a fat burner. But is there any link you would recommend for me to start building up some knowledge on whether I should start with any of these to complement my training? Benefits, what to take, when, etc.

Thanks!!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hi guys I do not want to highjack the thread so apologise to the OP in advance but I have NEVER taken any supplements other that a fat burner. But is there any link you would recommend for me to start building up some knowledge on whether I should start with any of these to complement my training? Benefits, what to take, when, etc.

Thanks!!!
So tell me why out of all the supplements you would only take a fat burner?

Why would Vitamin D Hurt you? Especailly if you work inside and don't see the sunlight, or help you in the winter months for overall mood from not seeing sunlight
Why Would a Fishoil hurt you? If you can't reach proper omega 3 intake from fish in a daily basis, which almost nobody can
Why would a multi vitamin hurt you? if you can't reach all your micronutrients through whole food
How does Whey Protein hurt you if it helps you reach protein intake you cannot get via whole food?

Fat burners are one of the LEAST important supplements to purchase.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards

Thanks!!!
There are 'General Health' supps, like mentioned above, and there are supps that are marketed as 'You Will Be Huge Gainz Man'. There are more of the former (like the Multi, Omega-3 etc...) than the latter - way more - as in 9x% of the latter are BS. Research what guys like James Krieger, Eric Helms, Alan Aragon, Mike Israetel, Brad Schoenfeld, and Stu Phillips, etc... et. al... recommend.

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
Everyone gets caught up in the creatine HCL and other types. In all reality for decades creatine monohydrate has been proven to be the best and the cheapest. Just stick to monohydrate at 5-10g. Take it pre, intra, or post.

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
So tell me why out of all the supplements you would only take a fat burner?

Why would Vitamin D Hurt you? Especailly if you work inside and don't see the sunlight, or help you in the winter months for overall mood from not seeing sunlight
Why Would a Fishoil hurt you? If you can't reach proper omega 3 intake from fish in a daily basis, which almost nobody can
Why would a multi vitamin hurt you? if you can't reach all your micronutrients through whole food
How does Whey Protein hurt you if it helps you reach protein intake you cannot get via whole food?

Fat burners are one of the LEAST important supplements to purchase.
That's exactly why I am here to figure that out and ask the right questions ;-)

Guess no one was borned knowing and not everyone makes a living from this. I could teach you hours of financial management but know little to nothing of training. I am just doing an u-turn in my life and trying to improve hard. Therefore coming here for advise which I thought is what dicussion forums are for.

I take a fat burner as I am in a serious weight/fat loss journey. I have lost 20kgs since mid October and have extra 5-8kgs more before I can consider this first step done. My diet is in check, I am in a 500 calories deficit and eating mostly healthy foods, specially high proteins (meat, chicken, lamb, white eggs, etc).

Vitamins is a good question and would like to find out more. Fish oil I looked at it but decided to whole the whole foods option so I am having tuna and salmon for lunch at least 3-4 times a week so hoping that would make up for the fact? Finally, Whey Protein I have one and trying to take a shake after each day of training which I must admit is only 1-2 times a week. Should have mentioned this before probably but still do not think is a great difference.

As mentioned I am here to learn and I am happy to be instructed if you can point me in the right direction with your experience.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Good call on eating Salmon - every time some 3rd party tests fish oil, 98% of them are rancid. Nothing fresher than a Salmon that's cooked right on the dock and put in a can (Cannery's are at the Docks).

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's exactly why I am here to figure that out and ask the right questions ;-)

Guess no one was borned knowing and not everyone makes a living from this. I could teach you hours of financial management but know little to nothing of training. I am just doing an u-turn in my life and trying to improve hard. Therefore coming here for advise which I thought is what dicussion forums are for.

I take a fat burner as I am in a serious weight/fat loss journey. I have lost 20kgs since mid October and have extra 5-8kgs more before I can consider this first step done. My diet is in check, I am in a 500 calories deficit and eating mostly healthy foods, specially high proteins (meat, chicken, lamb, white eggs, etc).

Vitamins is a good question and would like to find out more. Fish oil I looked at it but decided to whole the whole foods option so I am having tuna and salmon for lunch at least 3-4 times a week so hoping that would make up for the fact? Finally, Whey Protein I have one and trying to take a shake after each day of training which I must admit is only 1-2 times a week. Should have mentioned this before probably but still do not think is a great difference.

As mentioned I am here to learn and I am happy to be instructed if you can point me in the right direction with your experience.
You really have a solid base for what you are you are trying to achieve. As mentioned you are already eating salmon on a regular basis so you are good there as far as fish oil is concerned. Looking at your diet, I would not think you would even need to bother with a multi, assuming you are also consuming some vegetables. If you do decide to get a multi, just be sure that you get capsules as opposed to tablets for absorption reasons. It is great that you are consuming eggs but you really should be including the yolk as that is really what will give you the most benefits. Something else you could add is organic cold pressed coconut oil, great source of healthy fats that has also been proven to be effective for weight loss.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Serious Nutrition Solutions has bulk creatine in powder and now in capsules as well! Very cost effective!

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards
I agree creatine is creatine. The most research and proven form is Mono. I just get Met-Rx in the pill form its cheap.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Creatine in creatine. Don't get sucked into the this one is better and end up paying a **** load more. I usually just get the one on sale lol
Actually that is incorrect. Not all creatine is equal.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Sure it is
Although creapure is mono, its tested differently than ordinary mono.

Creapure is the purest you can get vs standard mono.

Why use mono when you can use creapure that has been tested for purity ?

Not the same

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards
Please explain further. What data suggests that there is a form of creatine more effective than Mono. Interested into seeing your findings.

monsterish

monsterish

Awards
Does it matter bro? Mono is so damn cheap. Take a little more if you're worried about purity. Why waste cash.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Please explain further. What data suggests that there is a form of creatine more effective than Mono. Interested into seeing your findings.
Google creapure. Go to home page. They tell you what they do and how it's tested for purity

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Sounds like a spokesperson for creapure lmao
That would be a no and I wish.

Hey it's your body and you do what fits your budget.

If I am taking care of myself, watch what I eat and bust my ass in the gym , for me to spending a few extra dollars to get the purist form of a supplement is worth it.

Don't think you need a salesman to say that, that's just common sense.

But as I said , your body and your budget

monsterish

monsterish

Awards
I definitely get it. But it's the purest compared to what other brands and how do you know? I mean if it is cool. To me it's not that big a deal if I don't have the purest as long as it does the job. Honestly I don't even use creatine any more but when I did the cheap stuff I'd buy worked just as fine as the expensive stuff

monsterish

monsterish

Awards
#1. What he says is true
#2. Have you seen his real pic? I would not be arguing with him...
No one is arguing buddy. Having a discussion is more like it. If things aren't discussed how do we really know the truth?? Thanks for your useless input though

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
He isn't a spokesperson for creapure....lmao

What he is trying to tell you ignorant smart asses is that by creapure being so pure is that aren't getting waste and potentially heavy metals and things like that that can harm your body. It isn't simply "take more" because you could be putting more harmful shyt in your body. Plus, creapure isn't even expensive for what it is.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No one is arguing buddy. Having a discussion is more like it. If things aren't discussed how do we really know the truth?? Thanks for your useless input though
Dude...seriously. Why don't you just go outside and throw some rocks around.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Thanks mom and agree.

Always just a discussion because in the end you have to do what works best for you

monsterish

monsterish

Awards
Thanks mom and agree.

Always just a discussion because in the end you have to do what works best for you
Agreed, I will say if I ever decide to take creatine again, I'll look into creapure

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
I got some damn good creatine for sell if anyone is looking

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
2017 and we're still arguing about creatine lmao

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
A Kilo of Creapure can be had for $22 before the usual 15-20% discount from an online vitamin e-tailer.

Creapure gives a confidence level that you aren't ingesting poison.

For some of the poisons that *can* be in Creatine - look up an old article by Will Brink.

Maybe times have changed as far as supply/manufacture/quality for *all* Creatine goes - but why risk it at $22/Kilo?

GAINZFORDAYZ

Awards
This is interesting stuff. I have never hear of Creapure until now. Base on my research Creapure is a monohydrate and is manufactured by AlzChem which follows Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) which is always good. What I'm still trying to fully understand is what makes it purer, based on what I'm seeing it is the manufacturing process.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like most have mentioned, bulk creatine mono from SNS, ON or any other company is your best bet. At least that is the route I would go if I was on a strict budget. If you have a little more income, I would opt for one of the following: PowerMax XT, Ergonine or Tr1umph.

The three of these are creatine products, but also contain various ingredients that are synergistic to help with recovery, hydration, body composition and performance. Each have different ingredients, but every ingredient each one has, serves a purpose. For example, I like the Amento in PowerMax XT for a better pump and increase in performance, LCLT in Ergonine is great for recovery (I add bulk LCLT to my PowerMax XT) and SL in Tr1umph is a great addition for many reasons. I have never used SL, so I cannot comment on it, but if you read around here, it is loved.

Off the top of my head, both PowerMax XT and Ergonine can be purchased for a $1 per day. Nutri-verse and TFSupplements almost always have coupon codes and deals for Performax Labs products floating around as well, making PowerMax XT even cheaper than the $1 per day I mentioned.

Again, these three products are not needed, but are a nice change and provide many other benefits than typical creatine mono, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with bulk mono.

enzo73

Awards
I tried all kinds of creatine ... Unfortunately one of the few who do not respond to this product. Sin

ultramario12

Banned
Awards
I'm going to disagree. Cheap costing bulk mono did not do the same things hit tech phosphagen has done for me.

There is a reason the old eas phosphogen HP is coveted so much, the hi tech one is near identical. I notice when it's not in my system

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I could be wrong but my impression is that a majority of people on AM are either taking Ergonine or Triumph as their source of creatine which would be creatine anhydrous and creatine hydrochloride respectively. Partial to Ergonine myself; why buy mono when you can have all the added benefits of Ergonine for an affordable price tag...especially when on sale. Also, the 3 gram dose in Ergonine is the appropriate dose to be be taken on a daily basis as opposed to 5 grams.

rgenestr

rgenestr

Awards
Creatine Monohydrate
The most studied on the market
Take 5g for 30 days, then take 3-5g on workout days (at least 3-4x a week)
no need to load or cycle.
is it bad to take more hen 5g a day?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
is it bad to take more hen 5g a day?
In general yes. The body can only absorb/utilize so much...at which point is just lingers in the intestines and that is when people experience the GI issues. If taken daily, most people reach the point of saturation at just 3 g/day.

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
I personally just stick to the traditional creatine monohydrate. I have also had amazing progress with phosphagen creatine but that seems to be hard to come by these days.