Cortisol control?

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys, as I commented on another topic I have been on the weight/fat loss journey since mid October last year and lost little more than 20kgs to date. Diet is on point and I know my BMR/TDEE and macros.

Have been using some fat burners to helpand now looking to place a new order although the more I read the more confused I get sometimes...

I work in a sedentary office position but has had plenty of stress in the past years. Not sure to what level and never had a burn out nor something similar. Nevertheless I am wondering whether someting for cortisol control will help me counter this and will be really beneficial for my weight loss? OR maybe I am just over thinking it too much and shouldn't bother much as I won't be seeing much results from this?

Any experience/expert advise is appreciated as usual!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
If you think you're stalling in your diet from hormonal issues or stress, I would suggest taking a short diet break and change things up a bit with your training. Bump calories back to maintenance to allow yourself to recover and reduce the stress on your body from restricting calories. It seems counterproductive, but often times a diet break or refeed can be incredibly beneficial to re-ignite fat loss.

For supplementation, Reduce XT is a great choice for cortisol control. If you're looking to improve body composition (increase lean mass, decrease fat mass) and boost natural test levels, you could also check out Alphamax XT. Alphamax XT contains Ashwagandha, which can be helpful for cortisol control and stress reduction. It also contains ingredients to help increase natural test levels, as well as a natural AI that can help limit estrogen and cortisol levels.

If you're sedentary and work at a high stress job, adding that to a calorie deficit could definitely lead to higher cortisol levels. You might even want to consider just starting with Ashwagandha (KSM-66) to see if that helps your stress, and consider Alphamax XT as a step up from pure Ashwagandha. What supplements are you currently using?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hi guys, as I commented on another topic I have been on the weight/fat loss journey since mid October last year and lost little more than 20kgs to date. Diet is on point and I know my BMR/TDEE and macros.

Have been using some fat burners to helpand now looking to place a new order although the more I read the more confused I get sometimes...

I work in a sedentary office position but has had plenty of stress in the past years. Not sure to what level and never had a burn out nor something similar. Nevertheless I am wondering whether someting for cortisol control will help me counter this and will be really beneficial for my weight loss? OR maybe I am just over thinking it too much and shouldn't bother much as I won't be seeing much results from this?

I assume you are also doing cardio? As far as a cortisol control product ...the only way to know is to try one. People seem to love SNS Reduce XT and Iron Legion Invictus. For starters...kind of depends on what you think of popping pills vs. applying a transdermal product. Interestingly enough, b-AET (Invictus) seems to not directly reduce cortisol, rather it mitigates the side effects of cortisol.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you want to go with a pro hormone then 11-KT will be about as strong as you get and at higher doses seems mildly anabolic to me.

I haven't had bloods done but I will compare Evomuse Abliderate Ammo to 11-KT from cortisol effects, but it isn't anabolic like 11-KT. I have taken 2 caps ammo before bed and 375 mg 11-KT before bed. The two provide a simar impact on sleep at those doses. That's a big dose of 11-KT and a double dose of Ammo. Regular doses of ammo allow me to sleep well, but when I take a cap in the morning I sometimes have low energy, which suggests lowered cortisol. In other words, Ammo is no joke.

7-Oxo DHEA or 7-OH or 7-KT is a really great ingredient also. Reduce XT is a well known product for this. I believe this ingredient has fat loss effects beyond cortisol control.

Phosphatidylserine is another often overlooked ingredient.

And KSM-66 has a lot of love on the board also with effects beyond just cortisol control.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Reduce XT allows flexibility of dosing as you can use 1-3 caps and reap benefits

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I assume you are also doing cardio? As far as a cortisol control product ...the only way to know is to try one. People seem to love SNS Reduce XT and Iron Legion Invictus. For starters...kind of depends on what you think of popping pills vs. applying a transdermal product. Interestingly enough, b-AET (Invictus) seems to not directly reduce cortisol, rather it mitigates the side effects of cortisol.
These are the two products that I would recommend. Reduce xt works well for me and stress levels for me are always high.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Have you ever tried EC (ephedrine + caffeine) stack? Yohimbe? There are some good "stacks" you can make to really keep pushing on your weight loss. You obviously have the diet reasonably dialed in, grats on the weight loss so far. If it were me i'd do something like: EC + Reduce XT.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great recommendations above OP. REDUCE XT has been mentioned a handful of times already. Also, you can't go wrong with Evomuse AMMO. great products already mentioned and are very worth for use.

BIOdynamik

Awards
Same for me, I have tried REDUCE XT, great results to lower body fat + some ashwagandha.
You can try this brand TAYLOR ED FORMULATIONS, product name Restorefull.
It definitely helped me to cut my cortisol levels.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Reduce XT allows flexibility of dosing as you can use 1-3 caps and reap benefits
It's hard to beat reduce xt when it comes to cortisol control. I've used it many times and love it!

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
It's hard to beat reduce xt when it comes to cortisol control. I've used it many times and love it!
Thanks to you and all who responded. Does these products helped you in fat loss too? Evidently or just marginally?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
As others have mentioned, best to start with something simple such as Reduce XT or KSM-66 (Ashwaganda) and see how that treats you. If you respond well you can look into more advanced products that contain cortisol control ingredients with added ingredients to enhance the overall benefits. When dieting down or recomping, cortisol is usually a factor that will influence your results, especially as you get leaner. To what degree will depend on each individual, but it plays a role nonetheless. Controlling and managing cortisol will go a long way to helping you reach your goals both physically and mentally.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Reduce xt and Invictus have always been staples of mine . I find Invictus easier when Iam dosing heavily on aas. Reduce xt when iam on a pct.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Reduce XT is the gold standard for cortisol control. It's one of (if not) the best priced options as well.

I always include it in any late stages of a cut, pct, or other stressful periods (holidays/work events).

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, and I know I can probably only know this answer by trying it myself but should I expect to see a very noticeable improvement from these supps or as with many others only a marginal improvement?

Thanks!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks, and I know I can probably only know this answer by trying it myself but should I expect to see a very noticeable improvement from these supps or as with many others only a marginal improvement?

Thanks!
It won't be drastic but marginal is a very realistic expectation.

In general you should sleep better and overall probably just "feel" better while seeing some progress

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Reduce XT is the gold standard for cortisol control. It's one of (if not) the best priced options as well.

I always include it in any late stages of a cut, pct, or other stressful periods (holidays/work events).
Yup, best used at the end of a cut, or whenever your body starts to fight back. That is the time cortisol really starts getting out of control.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Have you ever tried EC (ephedrine + caffeine) stack? Yohimbe? There are some good "stacks" you can make to really keep pushing on your weight loss. You obviously have the diet reasonably dialed in, grats on the weight loss so far. If it were me i'd do something like: EC + Reduce XT.
^doing this now. Busted a plateau, and dropped 5 lbs in one week. Was stuck for about a month prior to adding in the Reduce XT. Great stuff. Didn't have to adjust calories down more than 100-200 a day. So I know it helped big time.

ws65

ws65

Awards
  • Established
As many said, KSM-66. And remember, you don't want to crush cortisol...everything in balance. I have used Reduce XT as well and it does what it advertises for sure.

I'm seriously researching Ecklonia Cava (and yes I know FD2 has it) as a daily staple. I have a thread started about it; EC has a lot of interesting benefits it seems (cortisol control being one) and I will update as I get new info (really busy with work)...thread is here if you want to check:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/289796-ecklonia-cava.html

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
KSM-66 really didn't do much for me. I'm taking a long break from it, then trying another run with OL's essentials Ash. See if I notice a difference!

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
^doing this now. Busted a plateau, and dropped 5 lbs in one week. Was stuck for about a month prior to adding in the Reduce XT. Great stuff. Didn't have to adjust calories down more than 100-200 a day. So I know it helped big time.
Good data! Although E is not an option where I live....

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
Would a topical product for cortisol control also work as efficient as a pill? Just wondering given the options in the market.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Would a topical product for cortisol control also work as efficient as a pill? Just wondering given the options in the market.
Invictus by IronLegion is great . There are many logs on here . Its imho more convenient. Especially if your already taking 20 pills a day .

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Yes, and it is usually preferable to have it work locally. Even for higher bodyfat

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
dsade what would be your expert opinion and recommendation for an Evomuse topical product on this that could deliver evident and visible results on waist reduction? Would that be Ab Ab and if so applied how? After shower once a day or more? ie before bed too?

Thanks in advance

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
dsade what would be your expert opinion and recommendation for an Evomuse topical product on this that could deliver evident and visible results on waist reduction? Would that be Ab Ab and if so applied how? After shower once a day or more? ie before bed too?

Thanks in advance
I am not DSade - but if you are looking for cortisol control in a topical Ab Ab fits the bill. It has 7-Oxo DHEA which is what everyone is saying is so great when they mention Reduce-XT. This product isn't pitched as a cortisol reducing product as much - it's often overlooked, but it has that angle covered and doesn't get any love for that. It is also a complete fat burner.

For a stronger product without the cortisol control - Supernova is a great option. LOTS of positive feedback, even from skeptics, on that product.

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
Thanks HIT4ME actually thr cortisol control was more of a question to understand how much a product like that could help me on my journey as I have never used one before. What I am looking ultimately is maximize fat loss so unsure between cortisol control (ie Ab Ab) vs something like Supernova which as you say might be stronger...I guess only real answer is to try and see but as I can not try all at the same tiem simply looking for the expert advise!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But would that work also on higher BF levels?
A topical would. CEL used to make a topical cortisol control product but I always preferred oral for the convenience personally.

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
A topical would. CEL used to make a topical cortisol control product but I always preferred oral for the convenience personally.
Thanks I am thinking on a topic just not to pop that many pills! Looking to combine an stim fat burner with a non-stim and that's why a topia sounded better that another pill....at least in my un-educated experience with supps.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks I am thinking on a topic just not to pop that many pills! Looking to combine an stim fat burner with a non-stim and that's why a topia sounded better that another pill....at least in my un-educated experience with supps.
Stim+non stim is always my favorite rout to go when cutting. Check out TTA-500 for another great non stim product as well. Well priced too. One bottle usually runs for $21-25 and last 2 months.

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
Stim+non stim is always my favorite rout to go when cutting. Check out TTA-500 for another great non stim product as well. Well priced too. One bottle usually runs for $21-25 and last 2 months.
I havent looked at TTA 500 but I will take a look at the reviews. I would imagine positive ones?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I havent looked at TTA 500 but I will take a look at the reviews. I would imagine positive ones?
Yup. It's been around for a while, there should be plenty of feed back on it!