hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm looking for a stim with a short HL of 2-4 hours max.
My training is at night until 10 pm and most stims I used are either very mild -or very strong and long lasting.
Currently I rely on green tea extract to avoid insomnia.

Ideas?

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
You tried a low dose of eph? Like 6-8mg? I mean 30mg only last 4-5 hours with me :)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My training is at night until 10 pm and most stims I used are either very mild -or very strong and long lasting.

Ideas?
Hmm... I take it regular caffeine is out of the question:
In a study of adult men, a dose of 4 mg/kg (280 mg/70 kg human, or about 2–3 cups of coffee) had a caffeine half-life of 2.5–4.5 hours, and was not affected by age (Arnaud, 1988).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK223808/
Although longer half-lives (5+ hours) have been noted as well.

You could always go with nootropics and/or adaptogens to provide some mental energy and focus. Things like choline, huperzine-A, and racetams or Noopept may help, as could ALCAR, or something like rhodiola. I'm not saying that those wouldn't keep you up, but they may not, it all depends on the person I suppose.

You could also look into Rutaecarpine for increasing the metabolism of caffeine, helping to "clear it out" of your system faster. Perhaps also taking some theanine with it and/or after your workout to help you relax, and maybe even some tryptophan after your workout; I've heard of some people taking tryptophan a few hours after a workout to take an afternoon nap.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

You could always go with nootropics and/or adaptogens to provide some mental energy and focus. Things like choline, huperzine-A, and racetams or Noopept may help, as could ALCAR, or something like rhodiola. I'm not saying that those wouldn't keep you up, but they may not, it all depends on the person I suppose.

You could also look into Rutaecarpine for increasing the metabolism of caffeine, helping to "clear it out" of your system faster. Perhaps also taking some theanine with it and/or after your workout to help you relax, and maybe even some tryptophan after your workout; I've heard of some people taking tryptophan a few hours after a workout to take an afternoon nap.
Thank you for the reply, definitely something here I have to google about.
I'm a heavy coffee drinker and almost immune to it's effects, lol.
Huperzine is part of my daily stack to enhance CJC.
Theanine I get from green tea extract, using "matcha" as pre-workout.

Nootropics is a good idea, will look into it. Already using phenylpiracetam and phenibut -but seldom do to tolerance.

What I was looking for is a commercial preparation.
If the HL is longer than 4 hours -but the onset delayed too, I could use it 2-3 hours before training.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You tried a low dose of eph? Like 6-8mg? I mean 30mg only last 4-5 hours with me :)
No idea where to get eph. Have it in a product with DMAA, encapsulated, difficult to split the dose... but good idea, if I get my hands on it.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Can you not get bronkaid in America? Either that or pseudoephedrine

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Have you tried Kratom? You could maybe find a decent strain that starts out with good energy, but slowly fades into a relaxing and peaceful state. I've heard of some people describing this effect from some of the strains they've tried, but I personally don't use any energizing strains so I can't really help much there. But, I did just get some in the mail to try finally.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can you not get bronkaid in America? Either that or pseudoephedrine
I believe he is in some crazy foreign land ��
Have you tried Kratom? You could maybe find a decent strain that starts out with good energy, but slowly fades into a relaxing and peaceful state. I've heard of some people describing this effect from some of the strains they've tried, but I personally don't use any energizing strains so I can't really help much there. But, I did just get some in the mail to try finally.
I'm from Paraguay, the country most renown for extra curved bananas.

banana.jpg

Pseudoephedrine? Here is ALL "pseudo", pseudo justice, pseudo politics, pseudo-everything! LOL
May have a look, pseudoephedrine should be in otc influenza medicine.
No Broncaid here.

Have Kratom at hand, but has a calming effect, don't ask me what strain it is. What strain would you suggest?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm from Paraguay, the country most renown for extra curved bananas.

View attachment 145294

Pseudoephedrine? Here is ALL "pseudo", pseudo justice, pseudo politics, pseudo-everything! LOL
May have a look, pseudoephedrine should be in otc influenza medicine.
No Broncaid here.

Have Kratom at hand, but has a calming effect, don't ask me what strain it is. What strain would you suggest?
Lol, I would start with a white or green strain. White is best known for energy, and green seems to be a mix between white and red, red is usually the relaxing strains.

I am thinking if you can find the right dose of a green strain, take it about 30-60 minutes before your work out and by the time you finish up and get home and showered or whatever it is you do after, it should be wearing off into a more relaxing state.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Osmotic Energy by Vein Nutrition
Quick Release Energy Blend

17a-hydroxy-yohimban-16a-carboxylic acid methyl ester 5mg
1,3 Dimethylamylamine (DMAA) 15mg
Caffeine Anydrous 75mg

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Ideas?
Focus-XT caffiene free. Great blend of ALCAR/Tyrosine/choline/Huperzine....not to mention cotton candy is delicious

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Huperzine gets me wired haha
I'll reel off a list of OTC stuff like ephedrine then haha all with short half life's:
Pseudoephedrine
Synephrine (bitter orange)
BMPEA
AMP citrate
Propylhexadrine

Same sort of stim and halflife...ish haha

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like Yohimbine, I find it short acting for me. I would stick with Alpha-Yohimbine personally. Yohimbine gets me anxious and I feel like I am going to lose it. I feel on edge. Some people get that from Yohimbine, but not Alpha-Yohimbine products like TA2-MAX

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Osmotic Energy by Vein Nutrition
Quick Release Energy Blend

17a-hydroxy-yohimban-16a-carboxylic acid methyl ester 5mg
1,3 Dimethylamylamine (DMAA) 15mg
Caffeine Anydrous 75mg
Sorry for asking so directly -but:
Could you send me some samples?

I have a truckload of stims already that I don't use, don't want to buy a whole tub to see if I can tolerate them.

Edit: I have an US address, freight forwarder... -and enough time and enthusiasm to review it here on AM

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Ideas?
Stim free or take half of a scoop of a "strong" pre workout. Or even stacking them (when applicable). Would you like some suggestions?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stim free or take half of a scoop of a "strong" pre workout. Or even stacking them (when applicable). Would you like some suggestions?
I'm already experimenting, but ready for suggestions!
Today I tried "Ready4War" 2 capsules with 1 capsule "Stimul8". Awesome energy, but.... here it's 02.30 in the morning and I cant sleep. Damn.
Eyes as big as an owl and ready to uproot trees with my hands.
That what I have at hand:
Stimul8
C4
Mutant Madness
Decimate ECA (DMAA+ECA)
Burn xtreme (Can't touch this, it's like a meth trip even at 1 capsule)
Ready4war

Also on hand:
Huperzine, Phenylpiracetam, Matcha, Coffee ( :) )
Pre- workouts with low stim profile:
NOS Ether
NOS Blast

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I personally like alpha-yohimbine. Love the 8mg evomuse alphaburn

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today I tried "Ready4War" 2 capsules with 1 capsule "Stimul8". Awesome energy, but.... here it's 02.30 in the morning and I cant sleep. Damn.
That what I have at hand:
Stimul8
C4
Mutant Madness
Decimate ECA (DMAA+ECA)
Burn xtreme (Can't touch this, it's like a meth trip even at 1 capsule)
Ready4war

Also on hand:
Huperzine, Phenylpiracetam, Matcha, Coffee ( :) )
Pre- workouts with low stim profile:
NOS Ether
NOS Blast
I haven't used either of those so I can't comment on them.

Another suggestion would be to get a stim free pre and add caffeine to it (as little or as much as you need). That would probably be your best bet.

Something like VasoMax would suit you well. Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but VasoMax is a pump/focus product but primarily a pump product. Does not contain creatine (PowerMax XT does...another stim free pre workout).

I like to stack HyperMax XT with VasoMax or PowerMax XT. I've also tried this with a few other stim pre workouts. The tricky part is finding what dosage of the stim you need to fit what you are looking for stim wise...which is why I think adding caffeine to a non stim would be your best bet.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Some good suggestions here but I can understand if you don't want to mess with too many extra ingredients.

Higenamine is good short duration stim but I don't know any PWOs without caffeine that have it. And difficult to get pure higenamine. Alpha-GPC is a good noot for a workout.

Other than that, a non stim PWO. Giant Pump is good. Has rutaecarpine too so you could take caffeine 1-2 hours before workout and this helps to clear it out during the workout.

And agree with Yohimbine. If you can tolerate an useful dose then it's good.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I haven't checked any studies/reports, but anecdotally, teacrine tends to not last very long for me and lead to a crash after my workout. I always do morning workouts, add TC to the stack about half the times, usually sleepy by lunchtime.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Ephedrine works for me in the evening and even puts me in better mood for sleep. The only exception is when I overexert by taking shorter rest periods. But that would keep me up even if I didn't take ephedrine. Yohimbine is even faster acting and faster clearing but I don't find it enhancing strength much at all. Any amount of caffeine is a no-go in the PM for me.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

A bottle of Osmotic Energy is on it's way.
Osmotic_energy_draft_longer_canvas_2048x@2x.png

If you take it too late, you may want to get some Sedation, it works great!​

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doesn't PEA have a fairly short half life?

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like Yohimbine, I find it short acting for me. I would stick with Alpha-Yohimbine personally. Yohimbine gets me anxious and I feel like I am going to lose it. I feel on edge. Some people get that from Yohimbine, but not Alpha-Yohimbine products like TA2-MAX

This seems to be the case with me.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep sooo short that its completely eliminated before it can exert its effects.
Any chance of using a Tagamet, Mucuna, etc to extend its duration?

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't checked any studies/reports, but anecdotally, teacrine tends to not last very long for me and lead to a crash after my workout. I always do morning workouts, add TC to the stack about half the times, usually sleepy by lunchtime.
Not 100% on this but I believe teacrine has longer half life than caffeine.

Last edited:
R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Performax Labs is having a contest for Nootropimax, does contain 150mg of caffeine. Not sure if you are looking for less caffeine. Something to look into at the least. If you guess one of the ingredients, you get to log the product for us for free. I believe they have guessed 7 of the ingredients. Few more to go.

NootropiMax Profile Contest and Logging Opportunity

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289757

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Old thread I know. But this honestly. Short half life. If used sparsely once or twice a week should be no negatives. Although if you've ever had a tobacco addiction stay the fuk away!!

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A combo of SNS caffeine free Focus XT, plus Noopept at 20-30mg would do you well. Also consider adding a scoop of high volume or vasomax. Sounds like the ultimate non stim to me

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Ideas?
lol...try one of those 5 hour energy's...maybe feel some thing for half an hour then it's gone....on second thought better try 3-4 of em!!!

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
All of the suggestions in this thread are reasonable... except pseudo ephedrine. That is a nasal decongestant. IF u feel any stimulation from it at all, u'd be lucky to experience anything more than the jitters. And it's a 12 hr drug.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Adderex I think it's called , from HiTech

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Could you follow it up with a nighttime tea or something? They are hit or miss for me, but sometimes they can help take the edge off

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
I tried CU at 5 pm and still can get to sleep around 11 p.m.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
All of the suggestions in this thread are reasonable... except pseudo ephedrine. That is a nasal decongestant. IF u feel any stimulation from it at all, u'd be lucky to experience anything more than the jitters. And it's a 12 hr drug.
I 100% DISAGREE....I used to pop those little red sudafed and would be wired!!!

the little red ones were 4-6 hours.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hmm, could it have been the phenylephrine version maybe?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hmm, could it have been the phenylephrine version maybe?
I could see where you wouldn't get any stim effect from it if was.....if you can still find those pseudo little red pills they are stimmed out, lol. the 12 hour is timed release and doesn't hit as hard as the 4 hours do!!!

but the 12 hour pseudo still kicks out some decent stim effect-like bronkaid adding caffeine really kicks it up a few notches!!!