Kratom strains

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm new to Kratom and really enjoying it, so interested in trying different types. So far I've used Bali and Maeng da from Mile High. Loved them both and was going to order Green Indo. I've read many reviews and information on them, but interested in real life experience with Green Indo and any comparison to Bali or Maeng da.

Thanks!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kratom is one of the best things I have added into my supplement life. The high level of euphoria and relaxation has greatly improved my sleep and overall demeanor as it tends to carry over for days afterwards to provide a mental sense of calm. All indications are that it is very safe.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Kratom is one of the best things I have added into my supplement life. The high level of euphoria and relaxation has greatly improved my sleep and overall demeanor as it tends to carry over for days afterwards to provide a mental sense of calm. All indications are that it is very safe.
Very cool! I asked because I'm interested in Dream-and-grow which is a sleep aid that contains Kratom, I have no experience with Kratom so it's good to hear it's good to go.

Thanks!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been taking Bali around 6pm and in 45 min, there is a warmth that envelopes you and just a release of euphoria where all concerns are gone. This lasts for 2-3 hours and then sedation kicks in and I just feel like grabbing a blanket and getting ready to sleep. After about 60-90 min of this, it is overpowering and I just have to sleep. Dreams are fantastic.

PANDFAN

Awards
I have been taking Bali around 6pm and in 45 min, there is a warmth that envelopes you and just a release of euphoria where all concerns are gone. This lasts for 2-3 hours and then sedation kicks in and I just feel like grabbing a blanket and getting ready to sleep. After about 60-90 min of this, it is overpowering and I just have to sleep. Dreams are fantastic.
what brand u using?

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
Mod edit: no source posting

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do either of the strains you've tried work well for mood/anxiety during the daytime? If so, how long do the effects last (don't really want something that has to be redosed every 2 or 3 hours)?

PANDFAN

Awards
well, just made a purchase...i will update once i get it

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just got some Super Green Malay for the first time and tried it yesterday. It took a bit longer to kick in for me, so I took a little extra and the first little bit was great. Good decent energy and I wasn't annoyed by my tedious homework for the day.

Once he extra I took started to kick in I decided I should go to the gym and do something with the energy, but I took half a scoop of my normal pre workout and it was insane how talkative I was. it wasn't the best workout because I did feel over stimmed.

I'm still learning the energetic strains. I tend to have to dose my relaxing strains very high to get the effects I want, but I think I can get away with just a few grams of any other.

How often are you using it?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Do either of the strains you've tried work well for mood/anxiety during the daytime? If so, how long do the effects last (don't really want something that has to be redosed every 2 or 3 hours)?
I'd check out a Green strain. It's supposed to be between a white and red in terms of energy and pain relief with calming effects.

The effects can last anywhere from 2-8 hours. It all depends on the person and the strain.

I will say the GENERAL rule is white=energy, red=relaxing and pain relief and green=a mix of both.

But, it is very individual.

PANDFAN

Awards
i just bought an ounce of Private Reserve Maeng Da and an ounce of bali------hoping the mile high treats me well

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd check out a Green strain. It's supposed to be between a white and red in terms of energy and pain relief with calming effects.

The effects can last anywhere from 2-8 hours. It all depends on the person and the strain.

I will say the GENERAL rule is white=energy, red=relaxing and pain relief and green=a mix of both.

But, it is very individual.
Sorry if you already answered this, but what would you say would be good or the best for improving sociability, making someone more talkative, etc?

PANDFAN

Awards
Sorry if you already answered this, but what would you say would be good or the best for improving sociability, making someone more talkative, etc?
on mile high under one of the tabs...it has a guide as to what each kind does in terms of relaxing, pain, energy etc

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've only used whites one time. I like greens to mix with my red strains at night to add a bit more euphoric feeling to it instead of just straight relaxation.

I would either try a white or a green for sure, then maybe try a mixture of the two. Once you can find how one works for you, mixing different strains ends up being a whole different experience for a lot of people and can amplify the experience greatly.

PANDFAN

Awards
I've only used whites one time. I like greens to mix with my red strains at night to add a bit more euphoric feeling to it instead of just straight relaxation.

I would either try a white or a green for sure, then maybe try a mixture of the two. Once you can find how one works for you, mixing different strains ends up being a whole different experience for a lot of people and can amplify the experience greatly.
how do u take yours? i have a digital scale and had planned to add it to applesauce

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
how do u take yours? i have a digital scale and had planned to add it to applesauce
I weigh it and I will put it in caps for my girlfriend. I personally either parachute it, putting about 1.5g into each ply of toilet paper, twisting the top and ripping off the excess and taking it like a big pill.

Or, I get a big drink of water, pack the Kratom down into a little measuring spoon, toss it back and let it sit in the water at the back of my mouth, then quickly get another big drink of water and just swallow it all at once.

I hate the taste and could not imagine trying to eat it lol

PANDFAN

Awards
really excited to try it out...looking for that euphoric feeling but also looking for energy

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just took 3G of a Yellow Vietnam with a few cups of coffee, we'll see how this goes for
studying. I have two exams to study for that are both tomorrow and Valentines date tonight, and I've been sleeping since I got home from my morning class.

The reds I have been taking at night have been keeping me waking up off and on. I think I take too much too late. I'll try a smaller dose a little earlier tonight a couple hours after dinner.

PANDFAN

Awards
I just took 3G of a Yellow Vietnam with a few cups of coffee, we'll see how this goes for
studying. I have two exams to study for that are both tomorrow and Valentines date tonight, and I've been sleeping since I got home from my morning class.

The reds I have been taking at night have been keeping me waking up off and on. I think I take too much too late. I'll try a smaller dose a little earlier tonight a couple hours after dinner.
how much of the red were you taking at night? i thought the more you took the more sedating they are than energy

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
how much of the red were you taking at night? i thought the more you took the more sedating they are than energy
That is normally the case. I take anywhere from 8-12g and mostly closer to 12g lately. When I first started I could get the effects I wanted from 6-7g. I take a break after every batch I order runs out, so I should never have a tolerance but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I am going to try just 6-8g tonight and try it a bit earlier. I typically take around 8g and wait an hour and take a few more but I will try being more patient. I know some peoples sweet spot is very particular, meaning just .5g difference either way can give them no effects at all.

PANDFAN

Awards
any stomach issues? my wife is a little worried about that when i told her a possible side effect

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
any stomach issues? my wife is a little worried about that when i told her a possible side effect
I don't get any, but my girlfriend always feels sick from taking it, but she feels sick all the time anyways. We're actually waiting for the new Gut Health to come out and I'm hoping that will help her, but that's irrelevant. But I have always had stomach issues since I was born and it doesn't bother me.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm an oddity. I love the taste and especially in grapefruit juice, shaken up, it's like a milkshake. No stomach issues at all.

I like the maeng da in the day, but still end up coming down into a lazier state when it wears off, so for me kratom is not a day time substance. So far I am liking about 3-4 g Bali mixed with 1-2 of maeng da. Gives the nice energy buzz mixed with the high euphoria. Lasts about 4-5 hours and then it is bedtime.

PANDFAN

Awards
I'm an oddity. I love the taste and especially in grapefruit juice, shaken up, it's like a milkshake. No stomach issues at all.

I like the maeng da in the day, but still end up coming down into a lazier state when it wears off, so for me kratom is not a day time substance. So far I am liking about 3-4 g Bali mixed with 1-2 of maeng da. Gives the nice energy buzz mixed with the high euphoria. Lasts about 4-5 hours and then it is bedtime.
do you drink at all while taking this? i have some beers on the weekend and didn't know how it would interact

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
do you drink at all while taking this? i have some beers on the weekend and didn't know how it would interact
It makes me not want to have a drink tbh. I have tried a couple drinks while on and felt it dulled the euphoria.

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt abuse either of these if you plan on combining them but I personally enjoy drinking a fast strain (whites or fast greens) at about 5g when I go out drinking. I can drink more, feel a stronger and more euphoric buzz, talk out of my ears and have godlike confidence. The one downside you WILL experience is that you will get dehydrated quicker than just drinking (which is already pretty fast). So you gotta make sure to drink at least 1 cup of water per drink and deal with the fact that you will be going to the bathroom more than usual.

Bottom line: In my experience, done right, HELLA worth it!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
White strains are best for energy even though, most strains besides red ones do provide some uplifting qualities.

Green strains are usually the longest lasting and a little bit more euphoric.

Red strains are the most sedative and while all Kratom had analgesic effects, the Reds are the most powerful for myself.

Yellow Vietnam is a great "mixing" leaf. I think it goes well with any strain and I have noticed improved social abilities as well as cognitive effects from this strain.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It makes me not want to have a drink tbh. I have tried a couple drinks while on and felt it dulled the euphoria.
I don't drink much at all, and I've only had kratom once (not even sure what strain, and a pretty small dose), and I definitely enjoyed the kratom at least as much as 2-3 shots in regards to helping me "loosen up" and enjoy myself. I'm looking forward to actually picking up some kratom to try.

PANDFAN

Awards
I wouldnt abuse either of these if you plan on combining them but I personally enjoy drinking a fast strain (whites or fast greens) at about 5g when I go out drinking. I can drink more, feel a stronger and more euphoric buzz, talk out of my ears and have godlike confidence. The one downside you WILL experience is that you will get dehydrated quicker than just drinking (which is already pretty fast). So you gotta make sure to drink at least 1 cup of water per drink and deal with the fact that you will be going to the bathroom more than usual.

Bottom line: In my experience, done right, HELLA worth it!
what do you mean by a fast strain? total noob regarding this...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After reading through all of this, and with the 25% off, I just ordered 1oz each of Green Indo, Bali, and Maeng Da. I'm not looking for energy or focus from kratom (I get enough of that from stimulants and nootropics), but more of just something for socializing and going out. Not so much with friends, as I'm talkative enough among friends, but for helping me to relax and "loosen up" when I'm out, especially when I'm not out with a couple of friends. I'm excited!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice! I have 8oz of Bali and Green Indo ordered. That Valentine's sale is great.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice! I have 8oz of Bali and Green Indo ordered. That Valentine's sale is great.
It was the little push I needed to place an order, even though I didn't spend much anyway, haha. I think I should try a little first and be sure which strain(s) I like before placing a bigger order though. Even without a discount, it's still cheaper than drinking, haha.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For sure. My first order was 1 oz of each just to see if it agreed with me.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can anyone in here tell me why kratom makes me feel like $hit? I get some real bad vertigo. The feeling you get when spinning around for a while and then stopping. But it lasts for hours

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like you are taking too much....Kratom has a sweet spot, less than that and its a mild effect, more than that and youll feel like crap. Next time try taking half as much and see how you feel. If its too mild, try adding 1/3 of a teaspoon to that amount until you find your sweet spot. There are also strains that are not made for you, some fast strains are too edgy for me and some slow strains can be disappointing for socializing which might make you take more, which is gonna make you vertigoy. Play around with it for a bit and always start low.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm new to Kratom and really enjoying it, so interested in trying different types. So far I've used Bali and Maeng da from Mile High. Loved them both and was going to order Green Indo. I've read many reviews and information on them, but interested in real life experience with Green Indo and any comparison to Bali or Maeng da.

Thanks!
Green Indo is an excellent strain, having stronger analgesic properties vs. Green Malay but not lasting quite as long. It's MHK's #1 seller or at least was. Bali and the red strains are of course, more relaxing. Two things that'll help in getting more bang for your buck..

1.) 30 minutes prior down 200mg Tagamet (cimetidine hcl) and..
2.) 500-1,000mg of Curcumin

Both seem to magnify Kratom's effects and extend its duration. Likely due to tying up the cytochrome P-450 enzyme in Curcumin's case. As for cimetidine, it's known to amplyify the effects of a wide variety of drugs. Some caution should be observed, as that extends to anti-depressants, caffeine etc. It's also an exceptional appetite suppressant. The last known studies showing unexpected weight loss (in the abdominal area) being done circa the year 2000..

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can anyone in here tell me why kratom makes me feel like $hit? I get some real bad vertigo. The feeling you get when spinning around for a while and then stopping. But it lasts for hours
I got that the first few times I used it. I started low in the 3g area and had it even then. I'd sit for a few and it would go away. It wore off though and I haven't had it since.

PANDFAN

Awards
last night tried my first kratom experience.....took 3g of private reserved bali....within 30mins felt slightly relaxed and a touch of euphoria...this got a little more powerful about 1hr in.....i then took another 1g 2hrs later and was melted into my couch...i felt like i wanted to sleep BUT my mind wasn't ready to sleep....i had terrible sleep as i would fall asleep and then wake up...according to my fit bit i was awake 4x's and restless 15 and only got 6hrs and 40 mins of sleep...i do however feel extremely refreshed and not at all tired.............my wife experienced the same thing as i did...i did consume a drink which had caffeine approx 180mg throughout the experience....i am extremely stim tolerant so this is NOTHING to me....VERY happy w/ 1st experience!

I did however got itchy or it would feel like something was tickling me...if anyone has ever taken pain meds this is exactly how it felt....my wife did state her arm that was hurting from lifting, no longer hurt throughout the night

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice. A lot of people go back to their first experience as a baseline it seems, but I have found that the experience gets better with time and further use. My first few times I got a little light headed and sleep was slightly affected with some morning grogginess. Now all that is gone and the only thing noticed is the bliss and euphoria.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah I will get itchy at times too, it's nothing near as bad as actual pain meds for me but it's noticeable.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone know a good source to buy encapsulated kratom? Was thinking about trying IML Dream N Grow since it has kratom (and I do have sleep issues due to the recent family addition).

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So my neighbor hallucinated really heavy last night after taking some 20x resin. He literally was talking to a coat and thought it was his daughter the whole time and then started chasing an imaginary cat around the yard. Not sure what happened here, but I did not think this was possible on Kratom.

Anyone experience something like that?

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
Dont **** with resins and extract please....god knows what idiot performed it and what **** he mixed it with. From the sound of it it seems like your neighbor had his **** cut with salvia resin or it might have been just straight that. Either ways, just get the leaf powder..no need to reinvent the wheel

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, no question at this point. I'm what would be considered experienced and I've never seen anything like this. This guy has gone on ayahuasca retreats and said this was in the top 1-2 experiences.