A good plant-protein powder?

SlavicStrong

Awards
Any recommendations on what plant-based protein powder you think is best? I currently use whey, but I am interested in seeing if plant-protein tastes better, or just sits better with me digestively. I know some people say whey protein is superior than plant, but at the end of the day, I just see protein as protein, any thoughts on this?

SlavicStrong

Awards
PES Vegan protein is awesome
How long have you been using it? Also, if you switched from whey protein, would you say it made a difference recovery/muscle growth wise? It's said whey is better, but I'm not entirely sure it matters.

CobbledPath

Awards
Gone through 1 tub. I was a big fan of WPC but I prefer the new PES stuff. I find it easier on my stomach and less bloaty then whey

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've heard phenomenal reviews for PES.

SAN also gets good reviews

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any recommendations on what plant-based protein powder you think is best? I currently use whey, but I am interested in seeing if plant-protein tastes better, or just sits better with me digestively. I know some people say whey protein is superior than plant, but at the end of the day, I just see protein as protein, any thoughts on this?
I like the Shaklee life shake for plant based protein .

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It may sit better with you digestively but i think it will be hard to find a plant based protein powder that tastes better than whey. Every plant based i've tried tastes horrible. haha that's just my opinion though.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm a big fan of the San Raw fusion. Vanilla tastes great and one of the most complete formulas imo. PES is pretty good as well.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Girlfriend has been vegetarian for many years and went vegan about a year ago. With that said SAN Rawfusion and PES are 2 of her favorites, there is a 3rd one she also likes but damn cant remember the name right now.

She has tried just about every plant based protein out there and she always goes back to one of these 3.

Keep in mind that the best plant based protien is no near as good as a marginal whey based product. The texture is very different and there is always a slight chalky taste from my experience. Just keep that mind if you venture down this route, you really are comparing apples to oranges here

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How long have you been using it? Also, if you switched from whey protein, would you say it made a difference recovery/muscle growth wise? It's said whey is better, but I'm not entirely sure it matters.
Yes, the type of protein is going to make a difference in certain instances. Only reason to go with a Vegan/plant based protein is if you are on a vegan diet, or can't handle whey or casein due to GI issues.

Some people go with Vegan just to switch it up and use in shakes or they simply like the flavor and texture. That being said, have you ever tried a plant based protein? They are quite different in terms of texture and flavor.

Go ahead and shoot me your shipping information and an email address, and I'll get you some samples to try of our PEScience Vegan Select.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It may sit better with you digestively but i think it will be hard to find a plant based protein powder that tastes better than whey. Every plant based i've tried tastes horrible. haha that's just my opinion though.
Have you given PES a shot? Like kbayne said, no real need to use one outside of personal restrictions but always interesting to sample different products

SlavicStrong

Awards
I got Sunwarrior Blend Raw Vegan protein, mocha flavor, and it tastes great. To clarify, I am not going vegan, I just want to test if a plant based protein powder is better for me overall. I don't feel I get digestive issues with whey, but I just want to switch it up. I am keeping my whey, and might use it post workout, but will have my plant based powder more than whey. I also like that vegan powders have less chemicals than whey, even less than my current ON Naturally Flavored Powder. Also I don't think switching to plant based powder will effect muscle growth at all, since I'm still consuming meat and other animal products daily.

pro45

Awards
TrueNutrition's pea isolate/rice mix. 75/25 mix. Custom mix.