Best hydrating supplement

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I used to use Muscle Pharm's Amino 1 in the past. Unfortunately they have changed the formula and removed many of the ingredients in the hydration blend. Can anyone recommend a really good supplement that includes the coconut powder, sasparilla root, and the other ingredients? Thanks!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why do you need a hydrating supplement? Water alone won't work?

Coconut water and/or electrolytes can help.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established

It would help but the hydration blend in the Amino 1 gave me significantly better pumps and muscle fullness

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It would help but the hydration blend in the Amino 1 gave me significantly better pumps and muscle fullness
Unsure of amounts, but it did contain nitrates, citrulline malate, and taurine -- all of which can have an effect on pump and fullness.

Also, carbs, sodium, and water can give that more so than what you were taking.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I really like Juiced Aminos, by Animal....The grape tastes great and it's a gooood blend, not just Aminos

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Coconut water is a good one. I personally don't really like the taste of coconut water though:/

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like OL's Endur3+
Well that would have taurine, HydroMax, and agmatine, all of which will aid with pump, plus a hydration matrix including coconut water and electrolytes.
It's on sale for $19.99 currently too at the main site with coupon code SPRINGCLEANING.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Coconut Butter is fantastic for hydration. I personally mix 1/3 Coconut Water with Water.
You save money and still get the benefits of the coconut water.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Food + water

Or any electrolyte rich beverage

Supplementing Taurine would be a top ingredient suggestion

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
Scivation Extends is a great Amino/hydro intra-workout drink to use.....ive been using it for 6-7 years now

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think the equation changes a bit if you are dehydrated and trying to quickly rehydrate (e.g. MMA, Wrestling, Judo, etc.) I think in this scenario you'd want electrolytes, less carbs and maybe no proteins/aminos to maximize the osmotic pressure to "force" water into the dehydrated cell as fast a possible. Depending on the sports governing body (time from weigh in to competition) and the amount of weight cut, would dictate when you could then switch from this type of solution to the some of the great ones mentioned in the above post.

Science of hydration is fascinating and open to comments/suggestions/ideas.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
I think the equation changes a bit if you are dehydrated and trying to quickly rehydrate (e.g. MMA, Wrestling, Judo, etc.) I think in this scenario you'd want electrolytes, less carbs and maybe no proteins/aminos to maximize the osmotic pressure to "force" water into the dehydrated cell as fast a possible. Depending on the sports governing body (time from weigh in to competition) and the amount of weight cut, would dictate when you could then switch from this type of solution to the some of the great ones mentioned in the above post.

Science of hydration is fascinating and open to comments/suggestions/ideas.
I agree, the body's fluid dynamics can be complex yet intriguing