Cycstic Acne

GiftedNatty

GiftedNatty

Awards
Hey everyone, just curious if anyone has a recommendation for a otc treatment/supplement that helps with this. I've struggled with it for 6-7 years and don't want to resort to accutane.

sonofzeusv2

sonofzeusv2

Awards
Hey man, I feel your pain. I've struggled with acne since around 7th grade and I'm 21 now. What helped me most was Differin Gel, if you google it, you should be able to find it for relatively cheap. Also Dove makes an Oil Control Body Bar that seems to work as well. I notice my acne flares up when I take certain supplements or eat certain foods too so watch both your diet and supplementation. What products have you tried so far man?

GiftedNatty

GiftedNatty

Awards
Hey man, I feel your pain. I've struggled with acne since around 7th grade and I'm 21 now. What helped me most was Differin Gel, if you google it, you should be able to find it for relatively cheap. Also Dove makes an Oil Control Body Bar that seems to work as well. I notice my acne flares up when I take certain supplements or eat certain foods too so watch both your diet and supplementation. What products have you tried so far man?
Thanks man, I'll check it out. I've used basically every otc acne treatment available at local stores and even tried antibiotics etc from the dermatologist. Nothing helps long term except getting tan(slightly reduces scar visibility and breakouts) it really is frustrating to deal with considering I really want to compete soon especially.

sonofzeusv2

sonofzeusv2

Awards
Thanks man, I'll check it out. I've used basically every otc acne treatment available at local stores and even tried antibiotics etc from the dermatologist. Nothing helps long term except getting tan(slightly reduces scar visibility and breakouts) it really is frustrating to deal with considering I really want to compete soon especially.
I'm in your boat as well man, its a terribly irritating affliction haha. My best recommendations are watch your diet and try Differin. I think my acne stems back to whey, had nearly clear skin until I started using protein again and I started to break out. I usually replace whey with post workout aminos (I'm using Olympus Labs' Endur3+) and they seem to work just as well for me in regards to keeping my skin under control

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Head and Shoulders

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey everyone, just curious if anyone has a recommendation for a otc treatment/supplement that helps with this. I've struggled with it for 6-7 years and don't want to resort to accutane.
Do you want me to send you a sample of the Majestic Mineral Mudd?

We've been conducting background tests on all kinds of acne with fantastic results.

Greato

Greato

Awards
Milk seems to exasperate my acne severity. I was drinking lots of whole milk. I recently switched to low fat milk, and lowered the rate of consumption; it seems to have helped ALOT. I'm not sure if that could be the case with you or not.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you checked hormone levels? (Estrogen, prolactin, progesterone)

Could be numerous factors.

GiftedNatty

GiftedNatty

Awards

We've been conducting background tests on all kinds of acne with fantastic results.
I actually have some now but just use it for my face at the moment.

GiftedNatty

GiftedNatty

Awards
Milk seems to exasperate my acne severity. I was drinking lots of whole milk. I recently switched to low fat milk, and lowered the rate of consumption; it seems to have helped ALOT. I'm not sure if that could be the case with you or not.
Dairy in general most certainly does mine as well

GiftedNatty

GiftedNatty

Awards
Have you checked hormone levels? (Estrogen, prolactin, progesterone)

Could be numerous factors.
No I haven't. I used to go to the dermatologist often but after nothing helped and accutane was pretty much the only other option that anyone could offer I stopped going. Ironically not a single person suggested hormones I got it at about age 17 so that very well could be it.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No I haven't. I used to go to the dermatologist often but after nothing helped and accutane was pretty much the only other option that anyone could offer I stopped going. Ironically not a single person suggested hormones I got it at about age 17 so that very well could be it.
I would get those three checked via blood draw.

GiftedNatty

GiftedNatty

Awards
I would get those three checked via blood draw.
I may actually try to get that done soon. ive heard they can fall into normal range and still be "unbalanced" somehow if that makes sense.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I may actually try to get that done soon. ive heard they can fall into normal range and still be "unbalanced" somehow if that makes sense.
Makes perfect sense.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established

What's the news on this bro?

razz2525

Awards
I'd be interested in the Majestic Mud. Struggling with acne since I started ABE so I suspect it's the forskolin.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd be interested in the Majestic Mud. Struggling with acne since I started ABE so I suspect it's the forskolin.
Could be test:estrogen ratio is off with addition of ABE. If In fact the acne only started with ABE.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For a body wash?
Yup. Has Pyrithium Zinc in it. Let it sit on the skin for a few minutes and then rinse it off.

I do it anytime my back breaks out. Clears it up real quick. Usually see results in a week and clear in two.

Do a google search on "head and shoulders and bacne," and/or Pyrithium Zinc and acne.

EDIT: This is the only thing that works for me. I've tried other treatments and nothing comes close. YMMV though, depending on severity.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's the news on this bro?
The Majestic Mudd mask has exotic clays and Dead Sea Mudd, which are microscopic particles that penetrate deep into the pores carrying shilajit, tea tree, and peppermint oils which are anti-inflammatory and anrti-bacterial. It dries and adheres to all the nasty **** in your pores and when you rinse it away it takes everything with it.

It's also very reasonably priced, but we'll let kbayne do his run then I'll run a sale for y'all

GiftedNatty

GiftedNatty

Awards
The Majestic Mudd mask has exotic clays and Dead Sea Mudd, which are microscopic particles that penetrate deep into the pores carrying shilajit, tea tree, and peppermint oils which are anti-inflammatory and anrti-bacterial. It dries and adheres to all the nasty **** in your pores and when you rinse it away it takes everything with it.

It's also very reasonably priced, but we'll let kbayne do his run then I'll run a sale for y'all
Definitely going to pick up more for body use soon.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
dude get on tane dead serious it will be the best decision of your life, dont be worried about some of the extreme cases of "sides" its not bad and the chances you have a long term side is rare

GiftedNatty

GiftedNatty

Awards
dude get on tane dead serious it will be the best decision of your life, dont be worried about some of the extreme cases of "sides" its not bad and the chances you have a long term side is rare
Do you have experience with it? Some of the horror stories just swayed me away from it.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Took it for 7 months at age 31....even though my acne situation would be considered "nothing" to many people I have seen, it was more of a persistent thing than a severity thing. Regardless, it was the best decision I ever made, and Id be happy to talk to you more specifically about it if you want.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely going to pick up more for body use soon.
Don't worry, bro....I got you out for a full sized jar, just try it out and let it roll, baby roll.
I'm confident that you will see some improvement right away.

nico101

Awards
I tried everything under the sun and nothing worked until accutane. Very mild sides for me. Hair and lips were a little dry, that's it.

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Dead sea sulphur soap for facial acne is amazing from the first use and costs 2-3 pounds here in uk

GiftedNatty

GiftedNatty

Awards
Don't worry, bro....I got you out for a full sized jar, just try it out and let it roll, baby roll.
I'm confident that you will see some improvement right away.
I can say that it's the ONLY think that literally instantly removed every blackhead from my nose. I'm looking forward to trying it on the back especially. Thanks for the opportunity to try it :)

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yup. Has Pyrithium Zinc in it. Let it sit on the skin for a few minutes and then rinse it off.

I do it anytime my back breaks out. Clears it up real quick. Usually see results in a week and clear in two.

Do a google search on "head and shoulders and bacne," and/or Pyrithium Zinc and acne.

EDIT: This is the only thing that works for me. I've tried other treatments and nothing comes close. YMMV though, depending on severity.
I think I would try this.

Believe it or not but Head and shoulders is pretty good for a variety of skin issues. My son has bad eczema, and work fair good for him. I se it to as a body was sometimes.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've tried a million things for my back as well. I'm currently trying Adapelene along with a Clindamycin and Zinc cream.

If this doesn't work I may give the Majestic Mineral Mud a try.

I've tried Nizoral, Vitamin B5, Acne.org regimen, oral antibiotics, Proactiv, and many other things. Like you, only in the summer did mine clear up but came right back when I got out of the sun, and tanning beds haven't helped.

GiftedNatty

GiftedNatty

Awards
I've tried a million things for my back as well. I'm currently trying Adapelene along with a Clindamycin and Zinc cream.

If this doesn't work I may give the Majestic Mineral Mud a try.

I've tried Nizoral, Vitamin B5, Acne.org regimen, oral antibiotics, Proactiv, and many other things. Like you, only in the summer did mine clear up but came right back when I got out of the sun, and tanning beds haven't helped.
Exactly my situation. I've tried all of those as well. Also tanning a lot this year without much success.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bumping this so I remember to nag you about the Mudd treatment.

Should have gotten it today or Monday latest.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bumping this so I remember to nag you about the Mudd treatment.

Should have gotten it today or Monday latest.
Will this be good for eczema or something similar? My girlfriend gets breakouts in her fingers, she's never gotten it diagnosed as eczema but we are pretty sure that's what it is.

If so, save me a tub when you get restocked, please ��

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will this be good for eczema or something similar? My girlfriend gets breakouts in her fingers, she's never gotten it diagnosed as eczema but we are pretty sure that's what it is.

If so, save me a tub when you get restocked, please ��
Eczema, in addition to being a disease and therefore I can't claim to have anything to heal it.

That said, seems like mostly inflammation related with dryness making it worse. InjureEeze will tackle the inflammation but willl 1) sting orettt good and 2) dry out from the carrier.

I would try the Flawless IDRT and the BoBu Body Butter.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Eczema, in addition to being a disease and therefore I can't claim to have anything to heal it.

That said, seems like mostly inflammation related with dryness making it worse. InjureEeze will tackle the inflammation but willl 1) sting orettt good and 2) dry out from the carrier.

I would try the Flawless IDRT and the BoBu Body Butter.
I will look into those. She definitely won't use anything that stings, my current back acne protocol stings her fingers and she hates it. But, she continues to apply it to my back, so I'm looking for something to help her.

I appreciate it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The BoBu won't sting at all and it contains both a sesame extract and a coconut water extract to help not only hydrate and relieve itching but reduce the inflammation.

GiftedNatty

GiftedNatty

Awards
The BoBu won't sting at all and it contains both a sesame extract and a coconut water extract to help not only hydrate and relieve itching but reduce the inflammation.
I'll let you know when I receive it. Also I can confirm Bobu butter helps with eczema. I have it on each side of my nose and I use it to keep it at bay while I grow out facial hair lol.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll let you know when I receive it. Also I can confirm Bobu butter helps with eczema. I have it on each side of my nose and I use it to keep it at bay while I grow out facial hair lol.
How long ago did you get the BoBu? The changes were made only about 7 weeks ago.

GiftedNatty

GiftedNatty

Awards
How long ago did you get the BoBu? The changes were made only about 7 weeks ago.
It has been during that time span. I also got some virile mane before the final batch was made to try out. The top of my crown is teally thinning.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It has been during that time span. I also got some virile mane before the final batch was made to try out. The top of my crown is teally thinning.
Is, or was?

Remember, there is a phase in hair growth called telogen. The follicles die and the hair falls out. This triggers the next cycle where a new follicle forms and quickly grows back to fill it in.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have used so many products over the years. Accutane was the last resort and for the most part it cleared up for good, but when I introduce certain supplements which cause my hormones to raise I definitely still get acne. Back and chest and sometimes face. Cystic on my back, just much less than I use to. Anyways I have seen some great results from mega dosing vitamin b5 and wiping the area with apple cider vinegar.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Milk is a known culprit with cystic acne. My wife deals with this issue and the the first thing her new doc asked was if she was a milk drinker.

She will run a cleanse for a week every month or so and that has really helped. Diet and hormones get reset.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I very rarely drink milk, maybe buy a half gallon once every couple of weeks and use part of it for cereal.

Could that often be enough to cause it? I do eat a lot of cheese though. Which I am not ready to give up lol

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I very rarely drink milk, maybe buy a half gallon once every couple of weeks and use part of it for cereal.

Could that often be enough to cause it? I do eat a lot of cheese though. Which I am not ready to give up lol
Considering cheese is made from milk, yes, this could have an impact.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For my son I use successfully:
external:
-Hibiclens - Chlorhexidine (to wash with cotton ball)
-White thyme essential oil mixed with Tamanu oil 70%/30% ed

Oral:

-1 tablespoon Turmeric in a glass of milk every day ( works well on his own -acne clears up by day 10-12)

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Milk is a known culprit with cystic acne. My wife deals with this issue and the the first thing her new doc asked was if she was a milk drinker.

She will run a cleanse for a week every month or so and that has really helped. Diet and hormones get reset.
This is good to know. I will have to watch my diet for milk more carefully.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Considering cheese is made from milk, yes, this could have an impact.
I figured so. I can deal with my acne for my love of cheese lol. I do need to cut back on it though.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
From gear use? Accutane isunfortunately one of the only answers.

For general acne I would highly suggest seeing a dermatologist.

Second I suggest picking up some clearisol from walmart. Generic is fine. Also shower gloves.

Total about 15 bucks.

Problem areas scrub with clearisil in the shower, avoid dairy, take biotin , maybe a multi.

That's it. No expensive supplement or anything else really needed at ALL.

The MOST important thing is a consistent skin regime.

I know there are some scrub products out there but they are honestly probably garbage.

I struggle with acne and have since I was 13. It's an EVERYDAY struggle.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 16
Trufitnessman2022 Anabolics 12
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
TravD77 Anabolics 2
Anabolics 11