Cortisol Control

DGator86

DGator86

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm currently running a 1/Epi cycle (330/750,1000 in 2 weeks) and doing my best to maximize it. My typical days are...

Morning : Crossfit and accessory work
Afternoon : Planet of Fitness for hypertrophy

Diet: macros, cutting with -500 cal deficit (90F/245C/171P)
Sleep : ****ty, around 6-7 hours a night

My additional supplements are cissus, multi, Ar1macare (8/8/8/8/8/8/8/8)

So...the question is, I believe I'm hitting a plateau on the weight loss. I'm expecting Super Shr3d soon *cough* Nutri-verse *cough*. Should I include a cortisol control element to my stack, given the type of ringer I'm putting myself through?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you can get some 11-KT and add that into your cycle, that will be an effective cortisol control.

Then, in PCT I would add in 7-Keto DHEA and maybe some ashwaganda.

A good option if you are trying to lose fat is to use Evomuse Ammo and Abliderate when you come off.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS REDUCE XT for cortisol control. Many respected users on this forum vouch for the effectiveness of it.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would have an AI on hand. You could run something OTC during your cycle like Reduce XT or Erase Pro.

During PCT, I would look at Alphamax XT to help with cortisol. Not only will the fully dosed DHAA help with cortsiol control but so will the 600 mg of Ashwagandha as well.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you can get some 11-KT and add that into your cycle, that will be an effective cortisol control.

Then, in PCT I would add in 7-Keto DHEA and maybe some ashwaganda.

A good option if you are trying to lose fat is to use Evomuse Ammo and Abliderate when you come off.
I really like sup3r 11 KT for this type of purpose...

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
11-kt or Reduce XT probably your best options.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree. SUP3R-11 is a great option. I have used a ton of it and have a log up. I've dosed it up to 750 mg/day and I love the product.

I don't have blood work, but when taking approx. 250-375 mg of Super-11 prior to bedtime I would sleep like a baby...Which was an indicator of strong cortisol suppression in my mind. It is probably the strongest option available.

Reduce XT is another good product containing 7 Keto DHEA - but I will mildly and respectfully disagree with calling it the gold standard. I understand saying this because it IS tried and true, non-hormonal, effective and reliable. But 11-KT is certainly more potent I believe.

On the flip side - I have been using Evomuse Ammo and I can tell you that last night I took 2 pills (double dose) before bed and the sleep was even deeper than 375 mg of 11-KT. Without bloods it's hard to compare, but that made an impression on me.

And, I am not a rep for Evomuse but I am working on some things there and have a relationship...So I am being up front. But I don't have to push anything - I am an Evomuse believer.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11-kt or Reduce XT probably your best options.
This. I really like reduce xt. I get great results whenever I run it.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I would first focus on trying to get better sleep. 6-7 hours is a fair amount, but extra rest and recovery can be very helpful if you think its a cortisol issue. As others mentioned, I would be sure to have a SERM on hand.

Reduce XT would be a great option, as well as Alphamax XT. From a PCT perspective, Alphamax XT is a very well rounded product that provides more than just cortisol reduction, it can help increase natural testosterone levels and limit estrogen levels in the body. Ashwagandha is a great cortisol/stress ingredient that can also improve sleep quality too

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
I really like sup3r 11 KT for this type of purpose...
What was the reason for discontinuing it? 2-andro was another one that came out one day and was gone the next. Seems like 11-KT transdermal would be a nicer part of the OL UK lineup than 7-keto.

DGator86

DGator86

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone for the great responses! I had gone ahead and placed my order for Reduce XT. I understand that a transdermal is the best option for many reasons, however I have 2 young children and a wife who is breast feeding my youngest. I don't want to potentially expose them to hormones so it seems that Reduce XT is going to be my best bet for now.

Thanks everyone! I'll let you know how it works out. Go ahead and check out my unsponsored log I'm running.
"Competitive exerciser does 1-Andro/Epi stack"

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In the future, I do recommend giving Invictus a try. there are countless studies on the benefits of b-AET

quite a few logs here an on other forums ;)

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
What was the reason for discontinuing it? 2-andro was another one that came out one day and was gone the next. Seems like 11-KT transdermal would be a nicer part of the OL UK lineup than 7-keto.
They both had their toe right up to the line as far as one or more of the US Regulations/Laws go (IMO - I know nothing other than guessing) - either being active in their own right, or a 1 Step conversion - despite being found in nature, etc - yea US Government! (sarcasm).

I bought a ton of both - probably never use it all, LOL - but I'm glad they were offered for the short time.

Since they are discontinued products, you may not get an official answer to your question - so I give you my best guess :D

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I don't have blood work, but when taking approx. 250-375 mg of Super-11 prior to bedtime I would sleep like a baby...Which was an indicator of strong cortisol suppression in my mind. It is probably the strongest option available.
I'm trying to figure out the best time to dose this when I eventually use it. IMO, the best time to apply it would be in conjunction with the diurnal cycle of rising and falling Cortisol. To OLs credit, they *do* mention this in the write-up. I'm thinking right after waking / no later than lunch? You haven't noticed any negatives dosing it at bedtime? See:

Attachments

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm trying to figure out the best time to dose this when I eventually use it. IMO, the best time to apply it would be in conjunction with the diurnal cycle of rising and falling Cortisol. To OLs credit, they *do* mention this in the write-up. I'm thinking right after waking / no later than lunch? You haven't noticed any negatives dosing it at bedtime? See:
So, yeah. This is a tough one. I always figure there are two basic ways of looking at it, based on the idea that cortisol should be highest when you wake and lowest when you sleep. Either taking a cortisol inhibiting product in the morning will reduce the peaks in cortisol, limiting cortisol when it should be most abundant (and thus potentially eliminating the most cortisol), or reducing cortisol when it should be lowest (before bed) will give you the lowest levels/lowest set point.

In all honesty, I'm not sure that isn't an over simplified way of looking at it. I've played with all kinds of 11-KT dosing from 80 mg/day to 750 mg/day. I've taken it morning and night, morning afternoon and night, etc.

At 250 mg/day, I found the best results by splitting the dose in half - half in the morning after my shower, and half at night before bed. I don't take it before working out, I just don't think taking things directly before waking out makes a huge difference beyond feeling like, "Oh I'm on something".

As the dose increases though, following the natural rhythm of cortisol seems to work best for me. So, for instance, if I'm at 500 mg/ day - I may take 125 in the morning, 125 in the afternoon and 250 at night, or 200 mg in the morning and 300 mg at night. At 750 mg I took 375 before bed and roughly 190 mg morning and afternoon.

Taking in that manner I noticed really NO sides. I got GREAT sleep, especially as the dose got high before bed, and maybe this sleep was a big part of the reason 500-750 mg felt so androgenic. The only side, maybe, is that I was sleeping a bit longer - over 8 hours a night once I hit 375 mg.

On the other hand, taking too much in the morning did produce sides for me - namely low energy from not being able to wake up. You know, like my body said, "OK, let's wake up " and released a bunch of cortisol and then I took it all away. At around 125 mg in the morning, I notice no negatives, maybe it's even a little energizing. Some people claim this substance is energizing to begin with...but I don't get that. Lethargy is more of a side (although pretty minor in my experience).

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
So, yeah. This is a tough one.
Thanks for the detail. My only other comment about before bed, would be that, being TD, it's slowly trickling into the system due to "filtering" down through the skin - so it isn't hitting all at once, doing its thing, and then getting out of the way. I'll play around, so thanks for the info - but the first thing I'll try is one application between waking and lunch and see how that goes.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the detail. My only other comment about before bed, would be that, being TD, it's slowly trickling into the system due to "filtering" down through the skin - so it isn't hitting all at once, doing its thing, and then getting out of the way. I'll play around, so thanks for the info - but the first thing I'll try is one application between waking and lunch and see how that goes.
Yes. As hard as it is to believe that after that long response I forgot to mention something this was a key. I feel like taking it before sleep may actually have more impact on the cortisol in the morning then taking it in the morning. Since we're inhibiting the enzyme that converts cortisol having it in your system when the cortisol is released and convert it will be more prevent to do then taking it after you've woken up and already have all that in your system that's already being converted.

R

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone had great results from cortisol control supps? If so I am really keen to understand how mich useful really this would be.

Thanks!!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Aren't your cortisol levels inhibited by just being on cycle? Never heard of cortisol issues while on cycle, even when doing 2 a days.