Ashwaganda overdose is treating me well!

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
I am taking two products that contain 600mg of ksm-66 ashwaganda each. I have noticed a significant decrease in belly fat. Seems that double the dosage is working magic.

M

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's not really an overdose.....but congrats.

M

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks, it's double the doseI guess!
Studies have gone up to 1000mg as far as KSM-66 goes, and of course, KSM-66 is extracted for Witholanides and there are some supplements that dose higher with those too. Usually, when people talk of "studied dosages", they just want their best bang for buck. Phosphatidic Acid is good at 750mg, but for me, I think 1500mg is pretty sweet. 2250 was a waste of money for me, but eh, had to try!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very interesting. I've been taking M-Test recently, but maybe I need to add in the new PES multi and see what happens ;)

Maybe from cortisol reduction?

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
Exactly chortisol reduction! chortisol effects belly ring directly.!

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
Non! More energy and feeling great, ashwaganda balances estrogen and increases test production. great stuff

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Non! More energy and feeling great, ashwaganda balances estrogen and increases test production. great stuff
That's good. I don't really want to be taking 1,200 mg of Ash, but since PES Multi contains 600 mg I will be hitting that mark some points during the year. I have been taking ash for years, but it's been popping up in a lot of products now. I was reluctant to order the PES multi because of this, but I will give it a go then.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's good. I don't really want to be taking 1,200 mg of Ash, but since PES Multi contains 600 mg I will be hitting that mark some points during the year. I have been taking ash for years, but it's been popping up in a lot of products now. I was reluctant to order the PES multi because of this, but I will give it a go then.
Exactly my thoughts.

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
I also ordered the pea multis, I want to keep that 1200mg going for a while.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As stated, 600mg is dose used in most studies, while going up to 1200mg has not been shown to cause any negative effects.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
As stated, 600mg is dose used in most studies, while going up to 1200mg has not been shown to cause any negative effects.
Good to see you posting on here again. You doing good? Did you take a little time off?

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get tired from anything over 500mg of ashwagandha, so I always stack it with rhodiola for a nice balance.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I get tired from anything over 500mg of ashwagandha, so I always stack it with rhodiola for a nice balance.
Good to know. I've not taken ashwagandha but heard such great things that I jumped on the insider and ordered 2 bottles of the new PES multi. I eat my biggest meal at night, so that's when I always take my multi. I was worried the ashwagandha might keep me awake. I guess I'll find out soon

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am taking two products that contain 600mg of ksm-66 ashwaganda each. I have noticed a significant decrease in belly fat. Seems that double the dosage is working magic.
That's a good enough endorsement for me to give it a shot!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
600mg KSM-66 is 30mg withanolides, so 1200mg is 60mg withanolides. I've seen one study use 100mg/day withanolides (from a different extract), with success.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
So no change, at all, in diet (total kcals or macro ratios)? No change, at all, in training (either cardio or resistance)? Just 600mg more of a pill. How was your body fat measured before and after (DXA/Hydro, Caliper, Tape Measure, BIA), and what were the readings? Cortisol mobilizes fatty acids - you'd have to be really homeostatically messed up for Cortisol to be a fat problem. Have you been a stress case, getting only a couple hours sleep and bolting awake at 2:30AM each morning?

B

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
What are the two products? Is it them or the ksm?

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
So no change, at all, in diet (total kcals or macro ratios)? No change, at all, in training (either cardio or resistance)? Just 600mg more of a pill. How was your body fat measured before and after (DXA/Hydro, Caliper, Tape Measure, BIA), and what were the readings? Cortisol mobilizes fatty acids - you'd have to be really homeostatically messed up for Cortisol to be a fat problem. Have you been a stress case, getting only a couple hours sleep and bolting awake at 2:30AM each morning?
How dare thy question magic! But seriously, we do need to know more. So many people start a new stack or dosages of current products while simultaneously making changes in their lifestyle. I think that's how so many products get good reputations. If you start a stack at the same time you start a cut, well...

Now if you've been cutting, made significant progress, then added something when you've stalled, that's a bit of a different story.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just upped my dose... :D

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I almost pulled the trigger on that [OL Ashwagandha] but I don't think that is that KSM-66, and the serving size is 8 caps totaling 5,000mg? It seems like a lot. 5 grams. Everyone on here is talking about 600mg, maybe 1200mg.

Currently taking Jarrow, at 300mg per cap of KSM-66.
It only costs me $11.35 / 120 caps and free shipping for prime members on an online retailer service that rhymes with Glamazon.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
retarded question but is there a ksm-66 ASH and non kwm-66 ash. VS has like 6 diff brans of ash on their shelf but none say ksm-66 anywhere on the lables, are there two types or are the terms interchangeable? what is there difference between the two if there are two types?

B

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
retarded question but is there a ksm-66 ASH and non kwm-66 ash. VS has like 6 diff brans of ash on their shelf but none say ksm-66 anywhere on the lables, are there two types or are the terms interchangeable? what is there difference between the two if there are two types?
You can find 1,5% 2,5% ksm666 and sensoril ashwa.
Ksm666 is about 5-6% whitaniloides (spelled that wrong). Sensoril is a little different, extracted to different active ingredient, more relaxing.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am sure most people reading this realize 1,200 mg of ash will not significantly reduce their belly fat. If you do think this will happen you will be extremely disappointed. Ashwaganda is a good thing to be taking for many different reasons, but don't go in expecting too much from something like this.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
By far the best bang for the buck. :thumbsup:

I almost pulled the trigger on that [OL Ashwagandha] but I don't think that is that KSM-66, and the serving size is 8 caps totaling 5,000mg? It seems like a lot. 5 grams. Everyone on here is talking about 600mg, maybe 1200mg.
OL uses KSM-66 in several of their products, but chose this specific source for their essentials line for a reason: value. With this extract, you get 75mg withanolides per dose compared to 30mg from a 600mg dose of KSM-66. Even if you half-dose the essentials Ashwaghanda, you're still getting more withanolides than a typical KSM-66 dose, and it's HPLC-analyzed, just like KSM-66.

With the Nutriverse deal, you're basically getting the equivalent of 4 months KSM-66 for $20. Ashwaghanda is a staple for me, so this is a super deal.

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
I am the OP, I did not do any scientific testing to be honest, my cortisol is usually OK, i workout 3-4 times a week "2-3 hours of free weights", i try to eat healthy and haven't changed anything in my diet "don't do measuring or macros". I am always hunting for any magic that will remove the little wheel around my belly. 13-14% body fat. so far, ashwaganda has been treating me well, judging by the mirror.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

age could be a factor.

fitbanker

fitbanker

Awards
Anyone experienced rash or similar side with OL Ash product? Have taken Gaia and Solgar with no problems.

fitbanker

fitbanker

Awards
Anyone experienced rash or similar side with OL Ash product? Have taken Gaia and Solgar with no problems.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You know what they say; double the pleasure, double the fun.

adaghma

adaghma

Awards
I did. I had what it seemed like hives all over my back and at the time i was using ND KSM-66 but the problem did not appear until after 3 months of daily usage. I swiched to Jarrow KSM-66 and did not have any trouble but only used it for a month dose was 2400 mg at times 4 pills

B

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never have, I've used several ash products including OL (must be at least 10 bottles I have used already)

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not heat but I don’t think I ever dosed that high. I have had odd reactions from
Stuff in the past, so nothing shocks me. As for the timing, it can take time to build up.