Best products for strength and recovery while cutting

jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys,

I'm going to be cutting for the next 3 months, and I'm looking to add in a couple of supplements.

I will be taking ignit3 as well as a multi, but those are the only two that I'm set on.

I'm always looking for the best natural anabolic to help keep strength and endurance up because I plan on keeping calories very low, and I'm looking for the best recovery supplement. Any suggestions?

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established
Follidrone 2.0 is probably going to get a lot of mentions here. I'm running it right now but on a surplus. I had great success with OL Ep1c Unleashed on a cut and CEL Epi-plex while at maintenance. Ep1c Unleashed and CEL Epi-plex will be more cost effective of the 3 mentioned, I believe FD2 has more ingredients that may help with your cut though.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
FD 2.0
Cel M-Test
Xtend Perform
PES Ergonine

Would be a good quality stack for you there.

Keeping calories very low is not always the name of the game for cutting. it should be vice versa. If you tank your calories out of the gate, when you stall you have no room for adjustment. Plus dropping them super low will be very hard to maintain your muscle mass as you are putting yourself into such a catabolic environment with a huge caloric deficit.

Always keep kcals as high and cardio as low as possible. Therefore when you hit a plateau you can 1) Drop kcals or 2) add cardio.
Do both of these out of the gate then you don't have any variables to add or change. You are basically putting your metabolism in the gutter and selling yourself to a treadmill.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Follidrone 2.0 would be a great one since your cutting. Also, I like adding in anafuse when i'm cutting since it has laxogenin and epicatechin in it. Great recovery product imo.

GiftedNatty

GiftedNatty

Awards
Tr1umph and Strafe currently are working pretty well for me. Just ran out of ABE which did a lot for keeping my mass from my experience.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As far as natural anabolics during cutting go, K1ngs Blood is worth a look. Big doses of KSM-66, PrimaVie, and EuryGold, all of which should help with strength. Test1fy is another solid option to consider, but may increase your appetite more than K1ngs Blood would, so I would probably recommend looking at KB first for a cutting cycle.

And as mentioned above, Tr1umph is always a good supplement no matter whether you're cutting or bulking. The PA from the soy lecithin may have the side effect of increasing appetite somewhat, but IMO the benefits far outweigh that (plus Ignit3 should do a good job of combating any appetite increase). Tr1umph is packed with compounds that will benefit strength and endurance.

I'd also recommend decreasing calories gradually, rather than going "very low" right out of the gate...it'll make the experience more pleasant, plus you'll probably hold on to lean mass better and you'll still have somewhere to go when your weight loss plateaus.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the same boat as you OP. Not taking much else other than HMB and finishing my last bottle of M-Test. I am cutting calories very slowly but I am already noticing I am starting to lose strength. Cutting sucks man.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys,

I'm going to be cutting for the next 3 months, and I'm looking to add in a couple of supplements.

I will be taking ignit3 as well as a multi, but those are the only two that I'm set on.

I'm always looking for the best natural anabolic to help keep strength and endurance up because I plan on keeping calories very low, and I'm looking for the best recovery supplement. Any suggestions?
I would also suggest looking into an ergogenic aid that contains your staples (creatine, betaine, etc). For that i would suggest PowerMax XT. You're cutting, so you want to keep your strength up, which may be difficult. The full dose of creatine will help aid in that. In addition, there is 2.5 grams of l-alanyl l-glutamine to help with your recovery. Sometimes during a cut, recovery may be a little slower than normal. Creatine can help you keep strength up during a cut, and has even been shown to help preserve strength during overreaching, and betaine has been shown to improve body composition (increased LBM and reduced fat).

Bodybuilders who take a daily 2.5 g betaine [structural formula shown here] for six weeks will improve their body composition. Sports scientists from Coastal Carolina University draw this conclusion in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. But how betaine stimulates muscle build-up and fat breakdown at the same time remains a mystery.
http://www.ergo-log.com/betaine-gives-bodybuilders-more-muscle-and-less-fat.html

Athletes who take 2.5 g betaine daily and do intensive training increase their body's anabolic response to the workout. Sports scientists from the University of Connecticut write about the phenomenon in the European Journal of Applied Physiology.
http://www.ergo-log.com/the-anabolic-effect-of-betaine.html

Six-weeks of betaine supplementation improved body composition, arm size, bench press work capacity, attenuated the rise in urinary HCTL, and tended to improve power (p = .07) but not strength.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3844502/

The hydration complex in PowerMax XT is also useful during a cut to help maintain pumps and muscle fullness.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For strength and recovery I would go with a natty anabolic such as epicatechin. CEL EPI-PLEX is a no prob blend of epi so you know exactly how much you are getting. I would also to with KSM-66. CEL M TEST has a full dosage of it and is a highly recommended product here on AM.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Quality, nutrient dense food, supplying enough of the right macros, up to your kcal limit. 8+ hours of sleep. HMB-Ca. Blueberries and Tart Cherry are recovery kings (But TC is expensive as phuck). Bulk Cissus and Curcumin w/Bioperine.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Quality, nutrient dense food, supplying enough of the right macros, up to your kcal limit. 8+ hours of sleep. HMB-Ca. Blueberries and Tart Cherry are recovery kings (But TC is expensive as phuck). Bulk Cissus and Curcumin w/Bioperine.
I just started using 3 grams of HMB when I started cutting. What dose do you use?

I don't usually use supplements when bulking (although I probably will start next time) and go overboard with them when cutting, as I'm always paranoid about losing my strength and muscle. One supplement I keep a $hit ton of on hand when cutting is protein... protein powders, protein bars, protein water... anything protein you name it. Upping my protein intake helps when cutting, although it ain't perfect. And it isn't easy to up your intake when cutting, hence the protein supplements.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I just started using 3 grams of HMB when I started cutting. What dose do you use?

I don't usually use supplements when bulking (although I probably will start next time) and go overboard with them when cutting, as I'm always paranoid about losing my strength and muscle. One supplement I keep a $hit ton of on hand when cutting is protein... protein powders, protein bars, protein water... anything protein you name it. Upping my protein intake helps when cutting, although it ain't perfect. And it isn't easy to up your intake when cutting, hence the protein supplements.
I just scoop it out with a 1cc scooper, so maybe, with the rounded top, 4g? I'll be cutting in 4 days - Keto. Only 160g of Protein - so we'll see about this "you need tons of protein to keep muscle bro!" :D

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
I just scoop it out with a 1cc scooper, so maybe, with the rounded top, 4g? I'll be cutting in 4 days - Keto. Only 160g of Protein - so we'll see about this "you need tons of protein to keep muscle bro!" :D
160 grams??? How much do you weigh? I probably go overboard with the protein... actually, I definitely do. But kind of a safe than sorry for me.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
160 grams??? How much do you weigh? I probably go overboard with the protein... actually, I definitely do. But kind of a safe than sorry for me.
215 ATM. Protein reccos are way overblown for building, keeping what you have needs even less. Well know April 1, won't we? ?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A few I like

M-test
Epiplex
Soy lecithin has phosphamuscle for reduced calories
FD 2.0 I hear is good

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
A few I like

M-test
Epiplex
Soy lecithin has phosphamuscle for reduced calories
FD 2.0 I hear is good
I don't understand FD2 though. I remember brundel saying you have to eat like crazy on it to be most effective. So how would that make it ideal for cutting?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I personally find when I am supposed to need to eat like crazy I tend to burn more. For me I seem to maintain or loose weight but retain or gain muscle. Just depends on what I eat.

jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for the advice everyone, I will definitely be now cutting calories slowly week by week rather than all at once. I also will add in an all in one daily ergogenic (thinking PES ergonine).

Is there a huge benefit in the other ingredients in Follidrone 2.0 rather than just getting CEL epi flex since it is definitely cheaper?

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For strength and recovery, if I could only suggest one product, it would be Tr1umph. It is absolutely packed with anabolic/ergogenic ingredients that will aid in maintaining or even helping to increase your strength, endurance, and recovery.

olympus-labs-tr1umph-label.jpg

Priceplow did a nice write-up of what each ingredient does. It's a good read: https://blog.priceplow.com/olympus-labs/tr1umph

The added bonus of Tr1umph when cutting is the added muscle fullness. When I'm cutting, particulary when dropping carbs, I start to look a bit flat/deflated. Tr1umph has a big dose of Phosphatidic Acid which makes my muscles look a lot more full, almost like a very slight pump. The lower your body fat, the more you'll notice this. One thing to consider is that PA may increase your appetite a bit at first, but for me it was controllable, and you're already taking Ignit3, which should help with appetite suppression, as VO2Maxima pointed out.

jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Also would it be good to add in forslean? at either 50mg or 100mg a day?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Also would it be good to add in forslean? and at 50 or 100mg a day?
Forslean is fine,
but your problem is your diet.
All of these supplements your buying are going to do nothing if you tank your metabolism or drop your calories extremely low.
You need to fix your diet not your supplement stash.

Save your $$$$ on the supplements until you get your diet and training in order. or else everything your purchase is going to go to waste.
Anyone can pop lots of pills and take lots of powders. That does not dictate progress if your dietary needs and training is not in check. Remember these help "Supplement" a good diet and training program. Right now you need to get the kcals up and not tank them.

jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I think that my diet and training are in pretty good shape. I was originally planning on dropping calories pretty drastically, but after your previous post as well as others I will be slowly cutting calories instead and not dropping them as much as I was planning on, will have to see how I feel as the weeks go by. I also haven't ordered any supps yet. Mainly just looking for something to help keep strength up and help with recovery once I get into deeper into the caloric deficit. Thank you for all of the advice I appreciate it!