PES TruMulti spares ALMOST no expense!

FlyingHanuman

Awards
Wow! Smashing new multivitamin released by PES!
Very impressive dose of methylcobalamin B12 - It really is about time companies started taking note of how important this is. Seeing cyanocobalamin B12 on any product is an immediate red flag for me - You can just assume they've tried to cut corners and rip you off in other places as well.
Ashwagandha in there too gives it a definite edge over other products out there - There is a lot of good to say about this Multi, so if you haven't checked it out yet - Do take a look.
Just one detail that I personally find a bit baffling - They've spared no expense in almost all areas of the label - Great ingredients - Great quality - they've gone with the headline "Everything That You Want - Nothing That You Don’t"... Why then have they packed it all in a capsule made from a mixture of animals' skin, tendons, ligaments and bones? Even if you personally don't care - This alienates the entire demographic of vegans and vegetarians that PES has just so endeared themselves to with their Vegan Select Protein. Vegans/vegetarians are a large and fast growing group... People with religious concerns will have no choice but to avoid this product - and people that are simply too aware of where their food is coming from, and which industries they choose to support, will be unlikely to decide that this is their best option... All because of the capsule. It really seems like a weird choice to go with gelatin after clearly putting so much thought into the rest of the label.
PES has developed a reputation for using superior quality ingredients, and to be honest I'm not sure of the intricacies of how much more it would cost to use veggie caps - but I do feel that this aspect does not live up to that reputation. They are otherwise a company that I do love and trust, so this is a bit of a disappointing way to wrap up the new product!

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Afaik PES supplements other than the milk-based Select are Vegan

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting take. Appreciate the well thought out opinion

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the review. I'm definitely gunna give this a shot. I've been using orange triad for so long it's time to switch it up for a little ha

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Seeing cyanocobalamin B12 on any product is an immediate red flag for me - You can just assume they've tried to cut corners and rip you off in other places as well.
For me the red flag is always the line above. Seeing folic acid rather than folinic acid suggests that, as expected, they made it to meet a price point. So for the price, it is ok.

If you can't convert B12 to its active form it probably holds true for B9 as well.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yup regular folic acid means no go for me, methyl folate is not that expensive and calcium carbonate is cheap too and I would rather see a better form if you are going to put it in there at all. They got some things right and others, IMO, wrong.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there really a multi out there which delivers for a good price? AOR is great, but it's expensive.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hmmm I might give this a go and try it. Orange Triad has been a forum recommended multi but I am very curious to try this product. PES doesn't disappoint so I'm assuming this will be a great product as well.

pbandy1

Awards
For me the red flag is always the line above. Seeing folic acid rather than folinic acid suggests that, as expected, they made it to meet a price point. So for the price, it is ok.

If you can't convert B12 to its active form it probably holds true for B9 as well.
same, have the MTHFR gene.

mtmrfz

BCseacow83 machinehead Is there a multi that's doesn't cut the corners to meet a certain price? I'm just curious, eager to get my hands on some good whole food multi with additional goodies and looking for some with the best ingredients. Just looking for options here, this one from PES looks ok, I love me some additional Ash.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just ordered 3 bottles, gonna be fun to see how it works out, I'm interested in to see how the ksm-66 and the K2 works together.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So here is what happened:

We attempted using veggie capsules but the volume per capsule wasn't enough. So if we went that route, the serving size would have been 4 instead of 3, which may not seem like a huge issue, but it really makes a big difference.

So we kept the gelatin capsule to keep it at 3 caps per day along with going with what we use for the rest of our caps.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So here is what happened:

We attempted using veggie capsules but the volume per capsule wasn't enough. So if we went that route, the serving size would have been 4 instead of 3, which may not seem like a huge issue, but it really makes a big difference.

So we kept the gelatin capsule to keep it at 3 caps per day along with going with what we use for the rest of our caps.
Thanks for the info bayne

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
BCseacow83 machinehead Is there a multi that's doesn't cut the corners to meet a certain price? I'm just curious, eager to get my hands on some good whole food multi with additional goodies and looking for some with the best ingredients. Just looking for options here, this one from PES looks ok, I love me some additional Ash.
I am not aware of such multi. Most are made to a price point. I just pick one that features a few good ingredients that would cost more if bought separate. Then on top I add my Bs, C, emulsified D etc. Also, as far as I know, the active forms of the B-vitamins are synthetic.

I suppose other would do the same and pick TruMulti as they might stop buying KSM-66 separately among other reasons.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use American Biologics Ultra AB Multi Complex

Supplement Facts
Serving size: 1 Capsule
Servings per container: 90
Amount per Serving %Daily Value
Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate) 2,500 IU 50%
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 60 mg 100%
Vitamin D (as D3, cholecalciferol) 400 IU 100%
Vitamin K (as as K2, MK-7 menaquinone-7) 20 mcg 25%
Thiamine B1 (as hydrochloride) 15 mg 1,000%
Riboflavin B2 25 mg 1,470%
Niacinamide B3 28 mg 140%
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride,
pyridoxal 5 phosphate)
15 mg 750%
Folate (as Quatrefolic®
methyltetrahydrofolate)
100 mcg 25%
Vitamin B12 (as hydroxocobalamin,
methylcobalamin)
250 mcg 4,166%
Biotin 75 mcg 25%
Pantothenic Acid B5 (as d-calcium pantothenate) 30 mg 300%
Calcium (as citrate, calcium pantothenate) 7 mg 1%
Iodine (as potassium iodide) 25 mcg 17%
Magnesium (as magnesium citrate) 24 mg 6%
Zinc (as zinc citrate) 8 mg 53%
Selenium (as sodium selenite) 50.4 mcg 72%
Copper (as copper gluconate) 400 mcg 20%
Manganese (as manganese citrate) 1.5 mg 75%
Chromium (as chromium picolinate) 120 mcg 100%
Molybdenum (as sodium molybdate) 40 mcg 53%
Potassium (as potassium citrate) 15 mg 1%
Tocopherols, natural mixed 30 mg *
Lutein (marigold) extract 10% 2 mg *
Boron (as boron citrate) 1 mg *
Silicon (as horsetail extract) 1 mg *
*Daily Value (DV) not established.

Very important to note that certain potentiates are low but I take this as nutritional insurance so fill gaps in my DIET. Any time I have attempted to take a "high potency" multi and then ate a very limited diet I felt like poo. This product is the definition of supplement vs replacement. The forms they use are perfect and it lasts 90 days at one a day.

For the record there is nothing wrong with the PES product for MOST people. I have a genetic condition requiring the searching out of a specialty product for my specific needs. I would not hesitate to recommend the PES Trumulti to someone not in my position. I do really like the vitamin E blend on the product and the Ash is awesome.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I can't use it either. Methyl-folate only for me as well.
I use LEF 2 per day, costs $16 for 2 months:

Supplement Facts
Serving Size 2 capsules
Servings Per Container 60
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin A (as beta-carotene, acetate)
5000 IU
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid, niacinamide and calcium ascorbates)
500 mg
Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)
2000 IU
Vitamin E (as D-alpha tocopheryl succinate, D-alpha tocopherol)
100 IU
Thiamine (vitamin B1) (as thiamine HCI)
75 mg
Riboflavin (vitamin B2) (as riboflavin, riboflavin 5’-phosphate)
50 mg
Niacin (as niacinamide, niacinamide ascorbate)
50 mg
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCI, pyridoxal 5’-phosphate)
75 mg
Folate (as L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate calcium salt)
400 mcg
Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)
300 mcg
Biotin
300 mcg
Pantothenic acid (as D-calcium pantothenate)
100 mg
Calcium (as D-calcium pantothenate, Ca ascorbate, dicalcium phosphate)
10 mg
Iodine (as potassium iodide)
150 mcg
Magnesium (as magnesium oxide)
100 mg
Zinc (as zinc citrate, L-OptiZinc® zinc mono-L-methionine sulfate)
30 mg
Selenium [as sodium selenite, SelenoExcell® high selenium yeast, Se-methyl L-selenocysteine]
200 mcg
Manganese (as manganese citrate, gluconate)
2 mg
Chromium [as Crominex® 3+ chromium stabilized with Capros® amla extract (fruit), PrimaVie® Shilajit]
200 mcg
Molybdenum (as molybdenum amino acid chelate)
100 mcg
Potassium (as potassium citrate)
25 mg
Alpha lipoic acid
25 mg
Boron (as boron amino acid chelate)
3 mg
Choline (as choline bitartrate)
20 mg
Inositol
50 mg
Marigold extract (flowers) [std. to 5 mg trans-lutein, 155 mcg trans-zeaxanthin]
11.12 mg
Lycopene [from Tomat-O-Red® natural tomato extract (fruit)]
1 mg
Natural mixed tocopherols (providing gamma, delta, alpha, beta)
20 mg
Apigenin
5 mg
Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate, rice flour, microcrystalline cellulose, silica, maltodextrin, chlorophyllin.
Contains soybeans.
Tomat-O-Red® is a registered trademark of Lycored LTD.
SelenoExcell ® is a registered trademark of Cypress Systems Inc.
L-OptiZinc® is a registered trademark of InterHealth Nutritionals, Inc.
Crominex® 3+, Capros® and PrimaVie® are registered trademarks of Natreon, Inc.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice! Good to see the LEF multivitamin excludes copper and includes selenium (which is excluded from TruMulti for some unknown reason).

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use American Biologics Ultra AB Multi Complex

Supplement Facts
Serving size: 1 Capsule
Servings per container: 90
Amount per Serving %Daily Value
Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate) 2,500 IU 50%
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 60 mg 100%
Vitamin D (as D3, cholecalciferol) 400 IU 100%
Vitamin K (as as K2, MK-7 menaquinone-7) 20 mcg 25%
Thiamine B1 (as hydrochloride) 15 mg 1,000%
Riboflavin B2 25 mg 1,470%
Niacinamide B3 28 mg 140%
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride,
pyridoxal 5 phosphate)
15 mg 750%
Folate (as Quatrefolic®
methyltetrahydrofolate)
100 mcg 25%
Vitamin B12 (as hydroxocobalamin,
methylcobalamin)
250 mcg 4,166%
Biotin 75 mcg 25%
Pantothenic Acid B5 (as d-calcium pantothenate) 30 mg 300%
Calcium (as citrate, calcium pantothenate) 7 mg 1%
Iodine (as potassium iodide) 25 mcg 17%
Magnesium (as magnesium citrate) 24 mg 6%
Zinc (as zinc citrate) 8 mg 53%
Selenium (as sodium selenite) 50.4 mcg 72%
Copper (as copper gluconate) 400 mcg 20%
Manganese (as manganese citrate) 1.5 mg 75%
Chromium (as chromium picolinate) 120 mcg 100%
Molybdenum (as sodium molybdate) 40 mcg 53%
Potassium (as potassium citrate) 15 mg 1%
Tocopherols, natural mixed 30 mg *
Lutein (marigold) extract 10% 2 mg *
Boron (as boron citrate) 1 mg *
Silicon (as horsetail extract) 1 mg *
*Daily Value (DV) not established.

Very important to note that certain potentiates are low but I take this as nutritional insurance so fill gaps in my DIET. Any time I have attempted to take a "high potency" multi and then ate a very limited diet I felt like poo. This product is the definition of supplement vs replacement. The forms they use are perfect and it lasts 90 days at one a day.

For the record there is nothing wrong with the PES product for MOST people. I have a genetic condition requiring the searching out of a specialty product for my specific needs. I would not hesitate to recommend the PES Trumulti to someone not in my position. I do really like the vitamin E blend on the product and the Ash is awesome.
t

Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate) 2,500 IU 50% maybe the worst vitamin A form ever created....

ws65

ws65

Awards
  • Established
So what would be helpful is a listing of the best forms of individual vitamins...like pyridoxal 5’-phosphate for B6, etc.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
t

Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate) 2,500 IU 50% maybe the worst vitamin A form ever created....
I have no problem with it at 2500iu and get the rest from all the veggies I eat. If you have some research to show this could you please post it. I looked real quick and all I could find was "info" from the environmental working group, lets just say I would need a better source to sway me. Also Dr. Sinatra recommends a blend of beta carotene and retinyl palmitate and I do appreciate his recommendations. Thanks.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice! Good to see the LEF multivitamin excludes copper and includes selenium (which is excluded from TruMulti for some unknown reason).
Selenium daily dose is more than likley covered through diet and taking more than needed, can cause oxidative damage along with possibly being pro-diabetic.

So what would be helpful is a listing of the best forms of individual vitamins...like pyridoxal 5’-phosphate for B6, etc.
You can easily search and find these answers yourself.

ws65

ws65

Awards
  • Established
You can easily search and find these answers yourself.
How helpful! I put that because I thought someone might have already compiled a list...I'm not opposed to searching for it myself, just thought I would save myself some time and ask.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome thread and thanks for it OP. I personally can't ask more for what I need in a daily. Very happy to finally have a PEScience multi. I know a lot of our customers and fans have been asking for this for quite some time. Once again nice threat sir.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
should have put some bacon in it.
Everything's better with bacon. Just didn't seem to fit the formula and the market for a multi. :D