soy lechitin granules

setset31

Awards
Im sorry if im beating a dead horse here but im finding really conflicting information on whether or not soy lechitin granules are safe or not. Im sure they cant be too bad because I see plenty of people taking them because they are the most economical option for PA, however Ive also found a lot of information saying that they can cause issues with estrogen becauses they are a soy product. I work with a women who is getting her masters in nutrition and she also told me to steer clear, Im not saying that she is like the authority on all things but her opinion seems worth considering. If anyone knows whether or not soy lechitin granules are a good option please let me know. Ive run across a few PA products that the companies are clearly stating the PA is derived from soy lechitin, or they are just throwing soy lechitin in to supply the PA.
C
I still am also having a hard time understanding these boron dosages from different companies. There are companies using 10 mg of boron citrate, and then a company using 200 mg boron citrate and this is really confusing the **** out of me. 200 mg is way over the amount your body is supposed to be able to tolerate without serious side effects. If anyone can shed light on this difference is dosing Id reall appreciate it.

Sacrifice

Awards
Im sorry if im beating a dead horse here but im finding really conflicting information on whether or not soy lechitin granules are safe or not. Im sure they cant be too bad because I see plenty of people taking them because they are the most economical option for PA, however Ive also found a lot of information saying that they can cause issues with estrogen becauses they are a soy product. I work with a women who is getting her masters in nutrition and she also told me to steer clear, Im not saying that she is like the authority on all things but her opinion seems worth considering. If anyone knows whether or not soy lechitin granules are a good option please let me know. Ive run across a few PA products that the companies are clearly stating the PA is derived from soy lechitin, or they are just throwing soy lechitin in to supply the PA.
C
I still am also having a hard time understanding these boron dosages from different companies. There are companies using 10 mg of boron citrate, and then a company using 200 mg boron citrate and this is really confusing the **** out of me. 200 mg is way over the amount your body is supposed to be able to tolerate without serious side effects. If anyone can shed light on this difference is dosing Id reall appreciate it.
I've been taking Fearn brand granules for a few weeks, no estro related sides at all for me so far. I'm dry as a bone and no puffy nips/water retention

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I've never noticed any estro effects either

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
C
Where are you finding conflicting information from? Actual research and science will show that estrogen issues aren't a relevant concern. Not all soy is created equal I guess you could say. The woman you talked to is, quite frankly, completely wrong, and should really know better if she's really getting her masters in nutrition. Here's one of my old posts on the topc (it gets brought up at least once a month or so it seems):

According to the USDA, soy lecithin contains an average of 15.7mg isoflavones per 100g.
http://www.ars.usda.gov/SP2UserFiles/Place/80400525/Data/isoflav/Isoflav_R2.pdf

and this is from examine.com:
Soy does not appear to significantly affect testosterone levels in moderation (1-2 servings of soy food daily, less than 25g of soy protein from non-concentrate sources), and seems to be able to adversely affect testosterone levels when superloaded (enough so that the equol issue is moot; around 100mg isoflavones daily). Between moderation and excess, there is a grey area that is dependent on whether or not one is able to produce equol from daidzein. These numbers do not apply to soy protein concentrate, which has negligible isoflavone content from ethanol extraction.

setset31

Awards
sorry about being "that guy" well thats a relief and im excited to get started. Right after posting I searched for information about sunflower lechitin and actually through going down the rabit hole stumbled upon an old post from here where deeb came in and commented that even people with soy allergies typically seem to have no bad reaction to the soy lechitin either, because there isnt enough soy or something in order to trigger a negative reaction. Thankyou for the replies. Im still having a hard time making any progress on this boron issue.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sorry about being "that guy" well thats a relief and im excited to get started. Right after posting I searched for information about sunflower lechitin and actually through going down the rabit hole stumbled upon an old post from here where deeb came in and commented that even people with soy allergies typically seem to have no bad reaction to the soy lechitin either, because there isnt enough soy or something in order to trigger a negative reaction. Thankyou for the replies. Im still having a hard time making any progress on this boron issue.
No problem man, enjoy the PA. As for the boron, could you show me the label in question?

made2last

Awards
I've used six star nutrition, yea walmart brand for ****s n giggles, I read the powder is better since it has tribulus, which i know probably doesn't do anything, but from feel, I felt it did it's job, I was noticeably stronger in the gym and i know it wasn't placebo because I wasn't expecting anything tbh. And they use a low dose, 5 or 10 mg. I've used DAA and I liked the Boron supp much better. Don't have any blood work to confirm, but at 20 bucks it's worth a shot imo

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I ran several different brands and styles of Soy Lecithin. I never had any negative effects. IF you can use the calories lecithin granules are the best thing. IF not look into phosphamuscle.

setset31

Awards
I ran several different brands and styles of Soy Lecithin. I never had any negative effects. IF you can use the calories lecithin granules are the best thing. IF not look into phosphamuscle.
I can definitely use the calories. How much PA to people aim for? I saw some peolpe saying that you can take like 3-5 grams a day, is that kinda on the high side though?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can definitely use the calories. How much PA to people aim for? I saw some peolpe saying that you can take like 3-5 grams a day, is that kinda on the high side though?
You want at least 750mg PA, but many people, myself included, like 1.5g. I wouldn't start any higher than there. 3 Tbsp (22.5g) will give you between 900mg (4%) and 1.575g (7%), and is a good place to start. Some people go up to 5 Tbsp, usually not all at once, which would be 1.5-2.625g PA.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Im sorry if im beating a dead horse here...
I'd just add that you have probably been consuming Soy Lecithin your whole life - the food industry puts it in everything, as an emulsifier.

Sacrifice

Awards
Is there a benefit to only taking PA on workout days? The main reason I bought it was for use with ARA and I only take ARA after lifting (4x/week)

I could take it everyday... but I go pretty light on cals on my off days during this cut

DieselJD

Awards
Why do you take it post workout? I am pretty sure ara is best utilized pre workout.