Adrenal Fatigue

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I've been diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue which basically means that my adrenal glands aren't producing enough hormones.
I'm just wondering if anybody else has had this issue and what could help me out, other than "just rest up for a few weeks".

Pregnenolone?
DHEA?
Dermacrine?
Sup3r-DHEA?

I'd really appreciate any help with this.

Ursa Major

Awards
Are you currently taking anything for this? If so how long? I'm assuming your Dr is an endocrinologist, did they address which hormones were too low or too high? The problem with adrenal fatigue is you shouldn't really dive right into a supplement until you have a focus on other variables. One the most common is cortisol levels being too high. Now days with work, school, family and other things inbetween stress and excessive use of caffeine can wreak havoc on your body. So Id recommend the resting, cold showers and dropping the caffeine for a few week then start taking an anticortisol first, the move up to something like Sup3r-dhea. Good luck! I understand adrenal fatigue can be a hot mess.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Are you currently taking anything for this? If so how long? I'm assuming your Dr is an endocrinologist, did they address which hormones were too low or too high? The problem with adrenal fatigue is you shouldn't really dive right into a supplement until you have a focus on other variables. One the most common is cortisol levels being too high. Now days with work, school, family and other things inbetween stress and excessive use of caffeine can wreak havoc on your body. So Id recommend the resting, cold showers and dropping the caffeine for a few week then start taking an anticortisol first, the move up to something like Sup3r-dhea. Good luck! I understand adrenal fatigue can be a hot mess.
Yea, if you were actually diagnosed by a doctor, didn't he or she address what to do about it?

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Also, what is the cause? Did your doctor go over that with you? I believe adrenal fatigue is a pretty controversial diagnosis because it's symptoms are often caused by other facts (poor sleep, poor diet, daily alcohol consumption, etc.)

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would like to know as well who diagnosed you? I didn't think Adrenal Fatigue was an actual thing...

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Yea, if you were actually diagnosed by a doctor, didn't he or she address what to do about it?
He just said to get plenty of rest, gave me some powder to dissolve into water and drink twice per day, to lay off the gym for a few weeks and that I'll have to go for some cortisone injection next week.

So I started doing my own research and that's why I asked about the pregnenolone and DHEA.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Also, what is the cause? Did your doctor go over that with you? I believe adrenal fatigue is a pretty controversial diagnosis because it's symptoms are often caused by other facts (poor sleep, poor diet, daily alcohol consumption, etc.)
Considering that all of my diet and sleep are in check for my training and I don't do drugs or drink alcohol it's caused by all the stresses in my life. I had a lot of issues before Christmas last year and added to my already stressful life must have just worn them out.

My testosterone level came back at 167ng/dl

hydrox

Awards
I've been diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue which basically means that my adrenal glands aren't producing enough hormones.
I'm just wondering if anybody else has had this issue and what could help me out, other than "just rest up for a few weeks".

Pregnenolone?
DHEA?
Dermacrine?
Sup3r-DHEA?

I'd really appreciate any help with this.
I have adrenal fatigue which was diagnosed by a doctor. My cortisol levels mid day was only 5, and my hypothalamus wasn't functioning properly so my test was 338. Raise test, cortisol will rise. He put me on Vitamin b and D3 to help raise them also. He put me on cortef (hydrocortisone) starting off at 20mg per day then he tapered me down to 10mg per day. There are supplements he recommended to help nourish the adrenals. One product is adrenal by rlc labs. Second which is a natural cortef (once the adrenals are good) is adrenal by designs for health. Hope this helps

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think my wife has Adrenal Fatigue.
She has been taking testosterone and estrogen cream prescribed by doctor and it has not touched her numbers.
Everything is incredibly low, even her cortisol.

Additionally, she was supposed to be taking DHEA and Pegnenolone; B12; D3; and Iron, but she is very naughty with those.

I was wondering if she simply needs to take DHEA, Prenenolone.
DHEA 50-100mg and Pregnenolone 200mg every morning, but what about really addressing the Adrenal Fatigue? It's real.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A doctor diagnosed you with adrenal fatigue? LMAO. Probably prescribed 1cc of snake oil every day to cure it.

Best of luck with your "disorder" that doesn't exist and can't be tested for.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A doctor diagnosed you with adrenal fatigue? LMAO. Probably prescribed 1cc of snake oil every day to cure it.

Who are you responding to?

bb333

Awards
  • Established

I was wondering:
There is no specific test to see if the adrenals are fatigued?
Perhaps the answer is no !?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Fatigued is such a bad word. How about Fried? Non-functioning?
My wife's adrenal is not producing. Period.

Prescribed Estrogen and Testosterone Gels are not working to raise her numbers, and her Cortisol is very low.
HDL (High), LDL (Low).

What the heck does she need to do in order to raise her T / E / and Cortisol to a reasonable amount?
MRI?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I was wondering:
There is no specific test to see if the adrenals are fatigued?
Perhaps the answer is no !?
There is no medical diagnosis for 'Adrenal Fatigue'. There *is* for what is called 'Adrenal Insufficiency', and it can be Primary or Secondary.... but BOTH require DRUGS to fix because you have an actual pathology - according to every even half-way credible medical site. You *can* have an out of whack Circadian Rhythm or be low or high due to external forces - but fixing that doesn't require anything special other than rest, general health stuff/supps, and maybe some Blue Light blocking glasses.

Listen to the second part of this podcast with Austin Stout: https://www.advicesradio.com/track/episode-31

Don't let the description fool you, he clarifies that it isn't 'Fatigue'. He's also off a little bit on some medical terms, etc... IMO, but in the end basically says he goes to bed early, takes Ashwaghanda, and blocks Blue Light :D

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Fatigued is such a bad word. How about Fried? Non-functioning?
My wife's adrenal is not producing. Period.

Prescribed Estrogen and Testosterone Gels are not working to raise her numbers, and her Cortisol is very low.
HDL (High), LDL (Low).

What the heck does she need to do in order to raise her T / E / and Cortisol to a reasonable amount?
MRI?
Diagnosed by a medical professional? Then:

https://www.drugs.com/condition/adrenal-insufficiency.html

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's one hell of a list.
Her doctor will not do anything about it, she needs an endocrinologist referral.

I'm going to have to push her general practitioner to do that as she has been on some serious meds for a condition called Pseudotumor cerebri for about 25 years now. Diamox.

Investigating other options than Diamox, and then address this.
Thank you for your link. This is definitely something for her doctor to investigate further more aggressively.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Married to an endo. There is no such thing as "Adrenal Fatigue" there is however Addisons Deasease and one other condition, the name of which escapes me.

Both are disfunction of adrenal output. In regards to adrenaline and cortisol I believe.