Bupropion and pwo?

wizard12

Awards
Hey,

I recently started taking Bupropion (Wellbutrine) and was wondering if anyone is taking it with pwo?

I already know that it amplifies the stim effect, atm I'm drinking coffee as my pwo and it affects me better than before, however I have a lot of pwo lying around and would like to try and use them.

I thought about starting with a low dosage of 1/4 scoop or something similar.

Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established
I take prozac for a month now which is similar and I've just started trying my pwo again (went to coffee too to be safer right after starting) and a 3/4 scoop worked pretty good and I'm usually a stimaholic. I've noticed that I feel like my mind/muscle connection has improved and I've leaned up u a bit more as well.

wizard12

Awards
I think that there's a difference, Prozac is an SSRI in contrast to Bupropion which is an NDRI.

There should be less interaction between Prozac and caffeine than Bupropion and caffeine.

Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established
I think that there's a difference, Prozac is an SSRI in contrast to Bupropion which is an NDRI.

There should be less interaction between Prozac and caffeine than Bupropion and caffeine.
True they work by different mechanisms but I don't either have much of a direct interaction with caffeine as say, an SSNRI, but I could be wong. I've just noticed prozac already makes me a little antsy an reduced my appetite which is why I've taken caution with caffeine.

PANDFAN

Awards
i take wellbutrin 150mg er, and i take mesomorph pre and drink coffee during the morning and usually have 1 energy drink in afternoon...i haven't noticed any effect ever...been on it for 8 years

wizard12

Awards
Nice, I take 150mg WB as well. How much Meso do you take?

PANDFAN

Awards
i just take 1 scoop preworkout as i lift generally after dinner/work so around 6pm..i don't feel much stim from it but i like the profile...im sure i could take 2 but not worth the tingles enhanced and the cost

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Watch your BP. I was on it for like 2.5 months but it turns out I wasn't depressed, my then-TRT protocol wasn't working so my test levels fell. Once I got my TRT straight I got off the Wellbutrin. I took stims on it and it definitely increased my BP. My cardio went downhill too.

Edit: I also never felt much stim effect from it either, nor did it enhance the feeling of stims for me.

wizard12

Awards
I will get my T levels tested but most signs show this is not the issue. For the time being I will continue with WB as it helps me.

Tnx Panda, your input has been really helpful.
Anyone else here uses WB/Bupropion with stims?

PANDFAN

Awards
The Wellbutrin doesn't enhance the stim... It can cause people to have increased energy as a side effect.. Your welcome and hope everything works out for ya

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I will get my T levels tested but most signs show this is not the issue. For the time being I will continue with WB as it helps me.

Tnx Panda, your input has been really helpful.
Anyone else here uses WB/Bupropion with stims?
I wasn't implying that your T is the problem. I was just letting you know that I really shouldn't have been on WB to begin with. So if the WB is something that is beneficial to you, then you may have a different experience than me (different brain chemistry).

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Years ago when I was trying to find the right med (ended up on Prozac for about 10 years)...I tried Wellbutrin a few times as well. First time was the best. Two days into taking it, I got an incredible feeling of euphoria that words can't even begin to describe. I think that faded away within a few days and I stopped taking it for some reason. I then tried it a few other times and I never got that same euphoria back. Interesting compound for sure. It is harsh on the liver and does not mix well with alcohol...maybe that is why I stopped taking it. I like to get my buzz on every now and then! Oh, never had it with a PWO as I never took them back in those days. I did combine it with some stims though and I do not recall having any issues there.