X-gels proving too much -- ok to just continue with ABE?

razz2525

Awards
I tend to have poor recovery in the 1st place (legs sore on Thursday from a Monday workout). I still wanted to try the X-gels but after 6 weeks, I just can't do it anymore. The soreness is overwhelming and has not improved over time. I've even been using LCLT post-workout and not a dent in the soreness and just feeling inflamed.

Can I simply continue with ABE (I only take 3 a day because 4 just sends my stomach into a tailspin)? Should I add Nollidrone at this point? Or just finish up with ABE and then just do Nollidrone? I'm still bulking so I'm saving ErasePro for a cut (or does that also work with a bulk too)?

Thanks for info!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
The DOMS from X-Gels can be painful, I experienced similar leg soreness while using it too. Before discontinuing use, I would try to stick with it and increase your stretching and mobility work. Foam rolling and stretching can make a world of a difference in soreness, especially in your legs. I've taken up a 15-20 minute mobility session after leg day, and it's helped with DOMS a ton.

If you want to drop the X-Gels, I would suggest just finishing out the ABE cycle. From there you could follow with another product, but it doesn't make sense to add in another product in the middle of an ABE cycle. It wouldn't hurt, but if it were me I'd probably wait and start it after I ended ABE

lukinosnake

Awards
  • Established
I tend to have poor recovery in the 1st place (legs sore on Thursday from a Monday workout). I still wanted to try the X-gels but after 6 weeks, I just can't do it anymore. The soreness is overwhelming and has not improved over time. I've even been using LCLT post-workout and not a dent in the soreness and just feeling inflamed.

Can I simply continue with ABE (I only take 3 a day because 4 just sends my stomach into a tailspin)? Should I add Nollidrone at this point? Or just finish up with ABE and then just do Nollidrone? I'm still bulking so I'm saving ErasePro for a cut (or does that also work with a bulk too)?

Thanks for info!
You may want to consider to add fish oil and ZMA at empty stomach before bed. That's my trick

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea I know a lot of people who say they get bad DOMS when running x gels. of course diet and stretching can make a difference as well. But i'd do like suggested above and finish out the ABE.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've never gotten the extra soreness from using X Gels. You may send the remaining amount to me for further testing.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
X-gels is only ran for 50days anyway so your pretty close to the end correct? Are you sure your not undereating? How are your strength, endurance, and flexibility? For me I saw noticeable differences across the board including several adjustments over the course of my 50day run.

Joe12

Joe12

Awards

Thanks for info!
I am one of those guys that will NEVER run xgels again. The DOMS was so intense that it made post workout miserable. I pushed through for about 3 weeks, then had to give up. IMO, there are just way to many other products that can yield similar results, without the DOMS pain.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You can choose to reduce the dose or you can stop and just continue the ABE. Either way I think your close enough to the end of the run that your good. Sorry your recovery was so rough.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ive never experienced DOMS that bad .. but yes def finsih up ABE

Is 3 pills working for u ? Im in the same boat and hate forskolin products as it doesnt sit well with me

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
X-gels is only ran for 50days anyway so your pretty close to the end correct? Are you sure your not undereating? How are your strength, endurance, and flexibility? For me I saw noticeable differences across the board including several adjustments over the course of my 50day run.
This is what I was wondering. What's your diet like?

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Are X gels the kind of thing where it haaass to be 50 days, or is it still effective to use sparingly? ...I thought it was something to bring up weak body parts etc?

*I tried animal test once, trained legs and later the Yohimbe in it made me sick as ****! So not only was I incredibly sore, recovery sucked too.

razz2525

Awards
I actually already reduced to only 2 pills 2 weeks ago and recovery from leg day was still rough. Upper body recovery is ok, maybe lingering soreness in the triceps and abs. I have struggled with undereating lately but I've been trying to reduce the # of meals and increase the portions when I do eat. I also take phosphatic acid and BCAAs during workouts: it's great to feel that extra pump during the workout but I certainly pay for it after.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Are X gels the kind of thing where it haaass to be 50 days, or is it still effective to use sparingly? ...I thought it was something to bring up weak body parts etc?

*I tried animal test once, trained legs and later the Yohimbe in it made me sick as ****! So not only was I incredibly sore, recovery sucked too.

You could use X Gels sparingly for the good pump they give, I suppose. That's the only benefit you will get if you're not doing a continuous dosing schedule. But it would be better to just use a pump pre workout if that's okay.

X Gels really shine for me in the strength department, muscle fullness, and increase my appetite. The mass gains are okay.

razz2525

Awards
Yes they definitely help with strength for sure. I haven't really seen an increase in muscle mass though. The after-effects though are outweighing the strength gains though to make it not worth it. An awesome day on the gym followed by 4 days of not being able to comb my hair or sit down in the loo LOL.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes they definitely help with strength for sure. I haven't really seen an increase in muscle mass though. The after-effects though are outweighing the strength gains though to make it not worth it. An awesome day on the gym followed by 4 days of not being able to comb my hair or sit down in the loo LOL.
I haven't had that kind of soreness in years, I honestly miss it. Lol

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
*Knock on wood* ...are muscle strains etc likely on ArA?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
*Knock on wood* ...are muscle strains etc likely on ArA?
I think as long as you don't have any pre existing problems you shouldn't have to worry about that any more than regular.
Jiigzz can answer better.

Like I currently can't run X Gels as I had shoulder surgery a few months ago, the increased inflammation wouldn't be good while I am still healing.

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
I'd strongly suggest doing these things:

- take soy lecithin alongside ArA
- LCLT
- take fish oil as far as possible from ArA
- take 1 pill less of ArA
- take a saturday/sunday off and eat lots of fish during those days

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think as long as you don't have any pre existing problems you shouldn't have to worry about that any more than regular.
Jiigzz can answer better.

Like I currently can't run X Gels as I had shoulder surgery a few months ago, the increased inflammation wouldn't be good while I am still healing.
Agree with this. If you don't have a preexisting condition then you should be ok. I have herniated discs and ARA does not effect them. But if the bulge then ARA will make them worse.

macwad

Awards
  • Established
If your recovery is that bad, I would highly suggest HMB-CA at 6g/day. It is very cheap in bulk, like 50$/kg.
Thanks me latter

Another option, more expensive but with many other benefits, is OL Orig1n

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You guys got me hyped up now for my xgels run

I'm kinda like rascal I love the soreness and just keep pushing through .. sleep so good at night lol

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would reduce the dose and see how that treats you. I personally never get bad DOMs from x gels, luckily!